PDA

View Full Version : REMATCH: Gaara vs Lee

Shikamaru Nara
04-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Somebody told me that GAARA actually should've beaten Lee in the Chunin Exams. Thoughts? Debate.

Yellow Flash
04-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Somebody told me that GAARA actually should've beaten Lee in the Chunin Exams. Thoughts? Debate.
You could have put my name in the OP, I wouldn't have minded.

Mangekyou Sasuke
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
well it is true if guy didnt interfere. Lee would fall down due to the pain in his leg and arm then gaara would do a full sand burial

Shikamaru Nara
04-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Gaara only won because of PNJ.

Yellow Flash
04-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Gaara only won because of PNJ.
LIES! He won due to Ultimate Defense and Sand Burials, no PNJ included ...

Shikamaru Nara
04-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Plot was the only reason Gaara had that defense. And Lee proved fast enough to dodge some sand burial.

Yellow Flash
04-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Plot was the only reason Gaara had that defense. And Lee proved fast enough to dodge some sand burial.
How is it plot, he continues to have it throughout the series and on into Shipuuden ...

Shikamaru Nara
04-12-2010, 03:49 PM
And it's helped him throughout, and saved him many times. It was invented to keep him around.

Yellow Flash
04-12-2010, 03:52 PM
And it's helped him throughout, and saved him many times. It was invented to keep him around.
So, PNJ is where a character is put in a situation, which the normal couldn't win, and they come out as the victor, somehow, I'll leave that to Kishi.

Gaara's Ultimate Defense is one of his abilities, which therefor can't be considered PNJ.

Tourune
04-12-2010, 03:58 PM
true caz Gaara didnt use his sand body defense against deidara

Yellow Flash
04-12-2010, 03:59 PM
true caz Gaara didnt use his sand body defense against deidara
Yeah, he did.

Tourune
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, he did.
not the ball sand thing he did im talking about the sand body armor

Yellow Flash
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
not the ball sand thing he did im talking about the sand body armor
I know, he still did ...

TheAkatsukiClanPM9999
04-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't know now. Lee is better at Taijutsu now. When Gaara returns he will be 100 times better than before. So for now, this question won't be answered by me in a while.

Miles Edgeworth
04-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Far as I'm concerned, Gaara never showed the ability to tank Reverse Lotus back in Pre, the dude relied on his sand defense, why would he ever have a need to enhance his durability? Heck, back then he could not enhance his durability, since apparently before Lee, nobody ever had the speed to get past sand.

Unfortunately, Current Gaara destroys Lee because of large scale sand techniques. But Lee should have been able to win the Chunin Exam fight, though with much difficulty.

Spleen Boy
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I am confused... didn't Gaara beat Lee? Or are you saying he didn't deserve to?

Madara Fanboy
04-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Gaara crushes him again, and again, and again.

Miles Edgeworth
04-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Gaara crushes him again, and again, and again.

Unfortunately, this is true.

Chunin Exam was Lee's only chance of beating Gaara, and he was certainly capable. But thanks to PNJ that did not happen.

Rynia
04-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't think it would matter if there was a rematch or not. Gaara would always win.

naruto_jock
04-15-2010, 09:57 AM
It just depends on when you want the battle. In the regular series, Gaara. But in Shippuden, I think it would maybe go to Lee.

Sasuke 32
04-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I think its the other way around... in shippuden, Gaara would just bury him in an instant. In the normal series, Lee would destroy him. As long as he doesnt close his eyes and let gaara get out of the primary lotus. if he didnt close his eyes, he wouldve won.

naruto_jock
04-15-2010, 10:22 AM
I think its the other way around... in shippuden, Gaara would just bury him in an instant. In the normal series, Lee would destroy him. As long as he doesnt close his eyes and let gaara get out of the primary lotus. if he didnt close his eyes, he wouldve won.

I don't know what would happen if they fought in Shippuden....that battle would be too close because Lee has probably gotten faster, learned how to open more gates, and become more like Guy-sensei. But I really don't know what Gaara is capable of since we haven'e seen him fight in a long time.

HeavenShocking LunarFang7
04-17-2010, 11:31 AM
I don't think that Lee could have beat Gaara. Only Dediara and Naruto have beaten him so far (I think).

MadaraUchihaTobi
04-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Sand Coffin would kill Lee but the 6 gates can kill Gaara.Hmmmm?

Shikamaru Nara
04-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't know what would happen if they fought in Shippuden....that battle would be too close because Lee has probably gotten faster, learned how to open more gates, and become more like Guy-sensei. But I really don't know what Gaara is capable of since we haven'e seen him fight in a long time.

Lee would lose in Shippuden.

Gaara has too many long ranged attacks and all. Lee can't dodge a sand tsunami.