PDA

View Full Version : Is Sasuke emo?!

xxnarutoxbleachxx
06-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah,I've heard it about five million times.And it's a question I want people to answer.My answer is yes,he IS emo.Even his fangirls think he's emo!(or some of them do anyway)So I will ask you the question:Is Sasuke Uchiha,the one from Naruto,emo?

waterlemon-chi
06-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Depends on one's opinion. I myself think that he's just 'misunderstood'... ^^

Ninja Pink
06-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Well to being emo,thats a big fat YES from me...

NARUTARD93
06-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I hate it when people sterotype. Espacially when they've forgotten what the word actully means when they label people. Emo stand for emotional. It is NOT when people cut their wrists. That is a cult or somebody who is mentally distraught and is in need of some help. So, no, Sasuke is not "emo."

slayer95
06-07-2009, 04:31 PM
I would not call him emo, just i don't know what to call duck butt.

kazuki_65
06-07-2009, 04:38 PM
I hate it when people sterotype. Espacially when they've forgotten what the word actully means when they label people. Emo stand for emotional. It is NOT when people cut their wrists. That is a cult or somebody who is mentally distraught and is in need of some help. So, no, Sasuke is not "emo."
Yes I agree, he is right.

NARUTARD93
06-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Yes I agree, he is right.

You mean she is right, right?

sakuraharuno444
06-07-2009, 04:42 PM
ook i think he is emo

BaneDeidara
06-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Sasuke is not emo -.-'

Sage Of Six Paths
06-07-2009, 04:45 PM
A little bit.

He went through a trauma

at a very young age. Anybody would

turn at least a little bit emo by then...

shadow_user
06-07-2009, 05:02 PM
uhm...
welllllll
a little bit

kakashi842
06-07-2009, 05:04 PM
i think its that some people dont like him including me but i think that they just made that emo thing up

Nick Tasogare
06-07-2009, 05:15 PM
what was your first clue of him being emo? the hair, the depressing mood, the hate for his bro, naruto, sakura...*goes on for hours* and the leaf, hiss going to orochi, his overall disposition? he is SOOOO emo!!!!!!!!!!!

BaneDeidara
06-07-2009, 05:17 PM
what was your first clue of him being emo? the hair, the depressing mood, the hate for his bro, naruto, sakura...*goes on for hours* and the leaf, hiss going to orochi, his overall disposition? he is SOOOO emo!!!!!!!!!!!

He is not emo :evil:
When you become the 2nd raitokage i will attemt to over throw you :twisted:
JK, i won't. :lol:

Soccer Ninja 21
06-07-2009, 05:32 PM
No he's not, he's had a lot happen to him and he just doesn't know how to deal with it. Not emo.

BaneDeidara
06-07-2009, 05:38 PM
No he's not, he's had a lot happen to him and he just doesn't know how to deal with it. Not emo.

Yay, someone understands :mrgreen:

temvvy
06-07-2009, 09:08 PM

thats wat i think 2

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
He's a little emo....but more, I think he's just misunderstood.

Taker369
06-07-2009, 11:53 PM
no he;s not emo and i know i'll get hated for this but i like orchimaru i think he was a good villain that we anime fans havent had in awhile when i first watched naruto.

Ashen
06-08-2009, 12:19 AM
I think the guy's just depressed, regardless of what fangirls might say.

JMLapaxSF
06-08-2009, 12:20 AM
I think he is just ruled by emotions, i guess.

KyuubiAkatsuki
06-08-2009, 02:15 AM
i hate sasuke, so u will hear me say jokes of how he's emo and gay and stuff. But i have to admit he's not either of those, he's just so deep into revenge

ONIMUSHA
06-08-2009, 06:02 AM
he is very emotional

Nick Tasogare
06-08-2009, 06:09 AM
I think he is just ruled by emotions, i guess.

therefore, he is emo, (emotional) i ddont think hes emo in a badd way if thats possible, just traumatized, and very unrevealing

ONIMUSHA
06-08-2009, 06:12 AM
he is very emotional

his emotion is anger

Agus-san
06-08-2009, 04:35 PM
I think he isn't

kakashi842
06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
i dont like him but i think he is misunderstood

Kuromaki
06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Sasuke doesn't cut his wrist or anything, but he sure is emotional.

I remember when he was blaming Konoha on the Itachi thing... lol.

Itachi-Sama
06-09-2009, 04:40 AM
He's not emo.

SakuraHeavenx
06-09-2009, 11:32 AM
I agree 100% with NARUTARD93 (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/member.php?u=1534).

What the hell?! Calling him emo? Don't label him. He's himself. ♥

hello_kitty_freak
06-09-2009, 12:27 PM
No for the last figgin' time HE'S NOT EMO!!!
It's like Itachi said in (I forgot the chapter #) the manga. Sasuke is just easily colored by other people.

Plus being misunderstood adds to the depth of his character.

KaiLieUzumaki
06-09-2009, 12:34 PM
How could you guys say that!!!!! He is just an emotional kid who hates his brother!! Wouldn't you hate a brother or a sister if they killed you're whole family!?!? He is just misunderstood...but its good because Naruto was alone too, so it was like planned....well he doesn't cut himself!!!!!!! He is definetly not emo!!!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

KaiLieUzumaki
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
you are so right we definetly think alike!!

Viceroy
06-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Is the sun hot? He's just overly emotional. Of course if overly emotion was emo then everyone would be emo. He also tries to act too cool. He really needs to get over himself.

zachrex33
06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Personally i think he's stupid for being so revenge oriented but not emo.

xxnarutoxbleachxx
06-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Well,I suppose I have no room to speak here anyway.People call me emo all the time.It's a joke of course,but you get the idea.I act very gloomy sometimes.Not like Sasuke,but just sort of...dark.:twisted:

Ryaque
06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I agree 100% with NARUTARD93 (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/member.php?u=1534).

What the hell?! Calling him emo? Don't label him. He's himself. ♥
Wow you're kind of like me. I hate labels they just drive me crazy. I think that Sasuke is what he is and I think he isn't emo just really misunderstood. Besides does it really matter if he is or not? It's not like he's suddenly going to change because kids think he's emo or anything like that. What's the point?

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-11-2009, 07:03 PM
He's not emo.
Sasuke's just really emotional.

Sakubabi
06-11-2009, 07:46 PM
*u really dnt think sasuke's emo?..lol..hehe...uh..hmm....* *clears Throut*...."how do i put this gentle".....4 the love of god!!!...sasuke couldn't be more emo he's freaking happy one min then the next mad then sad then freaking mad all over agian
*duh he's an avenger*

ANIMELVR4EVR
06-11-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't really think he's emo, it's just his emotions towards everything that make people think he's emo. He's misunderstood.

Life AKA Death
06-11-2009, 09:51 PM
agreed

itasan
06-11-2009, 09:57 PM

Ah! I always wondered where the word came from...

But I still have to say yes, yes he is (spoken as a devote sasuke fangirl)

Allow me to dredge up my old def of emo...(i'm quite proud of it. xD)

itasan
06-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by itasan
Emo, from my understanding, does not require cutting. And neither does cutting automatically make you emo.

An "emo" (again, from my understanding) is someone who sees no value in their own life. In this way Sasuke is emo because he believes the cause of killing his (much beloved ) brother is more important than his own life.

people always make the case that emo s are people who "think their own problems are bigger and more important than everyone else's" and all that nonesense. In a way this is true, while at the same time it is completely the opposite. Emo s are the opposite of egotistical--they are so convinced that their lives are worthless that they start to see evidence of this everywhere. In this way they appear egotistical and self-centered, while in reality their are uising this to tear themselves down, make themselves worthless. Sasuke, i do believe the agrument can be made, satisfies this requirment as well.

So yes, I belive there is strong argument for the case that sasuke is emo. I do not, however, consider this a bad thing in any way, shape, or form, The "emo-ness" is one of those things that add that painful depth to sasuke's character.

Theeere we go.

You do not want to know how long it took me to find that--or how painful it was! T~T

Oh god, the nostalgia....

kakashi senpai
06-11-2009, 10:35 PM
*u really dnt think sasuke's emo?..lol..hehe...uh..hmm....* *clears Throut*...."how do i put this gentle".....4 the love of god!!!...sasuke couldn't be more emo he's freaking happy one min then the next mad then sad then freaking mad all over agian
*duh he's an avenger*

i would agree with that

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Kinda...

Taker369
06-11-2009, 11:02 PM
who care if he is let it go.

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm with you.

Taker369
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
thanks now lets all hate danzo.

Slimdoe
06-12-2009, 03:59 AM
I think there will be some point where Sasuke won't even know what he really is, lol
But not emo, that kind of stereotyping is ridiculous.

itasan
06-12-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm with you.

But if we just let go of all the arguments over characters, what fun would be left in the world? D:

10-tailedfox
06-12-2009, 03:40 PM
hmmm i think hes emo

itasan
06-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I think there will be some point where Sasuke won't even know what he really is, lol
But not emo, that kind of stereotyping is ridiculous.

I don't understand the huge hate against stereotyping...A person acts a certain way, so you give it a name. What's the big deal? Most of the time, certaintly in my part, it isn't done out of hate or resentment...

I have the utmost respect for sasu-kun and all of his faults. Yet I acknowledge the fact that he fits a certain definition of emo. Why is that ridiculous?

Sakubabi
06-12-2009, 03:46 PM
well hes already loosing his mind so he might forget who he is

itasan
06-12-2009, 03:48 PM
well hes already loosing his mind so he might forget who he is

*cries a little at the thought of a completely insane Sasu*

Poor guy...

Sakubabi
06-12-2009, 03:49 PM
he might i mean come on i like him but 4real hes already crazy

Kuromaki
06-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Sasuke is an emotional wreck.

Sakubabi
06-12-2009, 04:18 PM
well as i said b4 he might 4get who he is i mean he's freaking been going balictic

itasan
06-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Sasuke is an emotional wreck.

I knoow, the poor love!! D:

Sakubabi
06-12-2009, 04:26 PM
yeah maybe one day hell come to his senses

C-C
06-12-2009, 04:28 PM
maybe

Sakubabi
06-12-2009, 04:29 PM
yeah but i dnt think so cus i mean come on..look at him

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Kinda..

itasan
06-12-2009, 07:38 PM
yeah but i dnt think so cus i mean come on..look at him

*blink*

Why does that matter?

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Like I said, kinda.

Sakubabi
06-12-2009, 09:07 PM
hehe trust me guys i knows what i be talking bout

Kuro
06-12-2009, 09:12 PM
He's emo, but he's allowed to be. His entire clan was slaughtered in front of his eyes.

Kakashi71
06-12-2009, 10:28 PM
NO emo means ur so Emotional that u hurt ur self

goldendreamer
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
YES Sasuke is emo for life!

Kenate
06-16-2009, 09:50 AM
no no no a million times noooooooooo

Phoenix
06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
He's not emo
he doesn't cut himself
he's evil

Airgrimes
06-16-2009, 11:44 AM
he's emo alright.
who saw him fight against orochi in the chuunin exams forest?
he stabbed his own knee.

AuTiXxXbEhBa
06-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Sasu-gay is SO emo...I am simply answering a question. if I am wanted to go into a full on explanation, I will. if i offended anybody, I apologize.

AuTiXxXbEhBa
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
He's not emo
he doesn't cut himself
he's evil
Being emo is a state of mind. You do not have to cut yourself to be emo. I apologize if I offended you in any way

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
He's halfway emo.

AuTiXxXbEhBa
06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
NO emo means ur so Emotional that u hurt ur self
Actually, they are right. You do not have to cut yourself to be emo. being emo is actually more complicated than you think. You don't even have to look emo. that is just a style that people have dubbed emo. the whole cutting the wrist thing is because they are so emotionally distraught that they find the consolation that no one will give them in pain. and not all of them do that. Sasuke would be emo in his situation because of his feelings of depression, rage, self-pity, and inner turmoil. and in the episode where he stabs himself in the knee, he is trying to release himself from a paralysis jutsu. I apologize if i offended you.

AuTiXxXbEhBa
06-16-2009, 01:09 PM
He's emo, but he's allowed to be. His entire clan was slaughtered in front of his eyes.
exactly.

Black King
06-16-2009, 01:27 PM

Ditto. =/

Spark
06-16-2009, 03:29 PM
He looks,acts,and talks emo. SO HE MUST BE EMO

Ryaque
06-16-2009, 03:34 PM
To tell you the trueth I think he isn't emo. I know emo is emotional so that means a lot of emotions right? Well look at Sasuke, all he really shows is anger and annoyance. I don't know about you but two emotions isn't enough to declare someone emo in my book. Also the cutting the wrist this is a totaly myth. People just make that up.

Moon
06-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Actually, they are right. You do not have to cut yourself to be emo. being emo is actually more complicated than you think. You don't even have to look emo. that is just a style that people have dubbed emo. the whole cutting the wrist thing is because they are so emotionally distraught that they find the consolation that no one will give them in pain. and not all of them do that. Sasuke would be emo in his situation because of his feelings of depression, rage, self-pity, and inner turmoil. and in the episode where he stabs himself in the knee, he is trying to release himself from a paralysis jutsu. I apologize if i offended you.
that makes me emo then

yes more likely he is

itasan
06-16-2009, 07:32 PM
He's not emo
he doesn't cut himself
he's evil
he's emo alright.
who saw him fight against orochi in the chuunin exams forest?
he stabbed his own knee.

*sigh*

Thank you. But stop appologizing so much! ;D No need to appologize so much for your opinions! :D

Raven Uchiha
06-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Well i just think that he's confused with everything he's learned about Itachi's life that he didn't know about. So No.

itasan
06-16-2009, 07:38 PM
To tell you the trueth I think he isn't emo. I know emo is emotional so that means a lot of emotions right? Well look at Sasuke, all he really shows is anger and annoyance. I don't know about you but two emotions isn't enough to declare someone emo in my book. Also the cutting the wrist this is a totaly myth. People just make that up.

Have you read the current manga (damn you king-chan!! this is all your fault!!! xDD) If so, then you have witnessed the emotional wreck that sasuke is currently in. (wait...can you be in an emotional wreck? xD)

Reguardless of my inability to write words, I point to the fight with killer bee as a huge sign of the fact that sasuke is completely in dissaray at the moment (and who could possibly blame him?!). He very clearly made some mistakes in that fight that he would never have made way back as a genin.

Ryaque
06-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Have you read the current manga (damn you king-chan!! this is all your fault!!! xDD) If so, then you have witnessed the emotional wreck that sasuke is currently in. (wait...can you be in an emotional wreck? xD)

Reguardless of my inability to write words, I point to the fight with killer bee as a huge sign of the fact that sasuke is completely in dissaray at the moment (and who could possibly blame him?!). He very clearly made some mistakes in that fight that he would never have made way back as a genin.
Okay even with your lose of words I still get what your saying. By the way I don't read the mange I just watch the shows so if killer bee happened in the manga then I have no idea about that fight. And if not then I must have missed it somehow but anyway I do agree that he has made some (or a lot) of mistakes but he did all of them mostly to abtain revenge. I don't agree with the revenge thing but emotions caused by that are understandable right? I mean Itachi DID kill their family. ( I know he was ordered by the village elders too. And sorry if I gave it away I can't figure out the spoilers) So can you really blame him for being on an emotional rollercoaster? My point is that being emo means that you have so many emotions all the time and when he was still in the leaf village he barely had any so I guess he wasn't emo but now he is? (oh great I finally did it. I confused myself. Someone please tell me I'm making a little bit of sence.)

itasan
06-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Okay even with your lose of words I still get what your saying. By the way I don't read the mange I just watch the shows so if killer bee happened in the manga then I have no idea about that fight. And if not then I must have missed it somehow but anyway I do agree that he has made some (or a lot) of mistakes but he did all of them mostly to abtain revenge. I don't agree with the revenge thing but emotions caused by that are understandable right? I mean Itachi DID kill their family. ( I know he was ordered by the village elders too. And sorry if I gave it away I can't figure out the spoilers) So can you really blame him for being on an emotional rollercoaster? My point is that being emo means that you have so many emotions all the time and when he was still in the leaf village he barely had any so I guess he wasn't emo but now he is? (oh great I finally did it. I confused myself. Someone please tell me I'm making a little bit of sence.)

I understand what you're trying to say, and with just the anime I can definitely understand where you're coming from. At the point the anime is at you truely haven't gotten inside sasuke's head to see all the different emotions that are running rampant around in that little warped mind.

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Halfway emo....he's just more misunderstood.

Hinata♥Hyuga
06-17-2009, 07:56 PM
by literal deffinition, yes [doesn't have to be a slitter]
'''''

noteusuck
06-17-2009, 08:00 PM
misunderstood alot and a little emo his entire clan/family was killed, no one can go through that without being either depressed or emo so i say yes a little but not to much

ItaSai Fangirl
06-17-2009, 08:34 PM
No i dont think he's emo because i prefere not to label people, but if i was to label him it wouldn't be emo it'd be goth because hes dull and emotionless not over emotional.

HarunoSakura
06-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Nah, Sasuke is way cooler than the emo losers that I used to go to high school with. Sasuke actually has real problems, instead of OHNOEZZZ MY BF BROKE UP WITH MEEEE SAD FACE.

Ryaque
06-18-2009, 06:08 AM
I understand what you're trying to say, and with just the anime I can definitely understand where you're coming from. At the point the anime is at you truely haven't gotten inside sasuke's head to see all the different emotions that are running rampant around in that little warped mind.
At least I made sence to someone, I have MYSLEF confused it you can believe it.

Oh and HarunoSakura, don't call emo's losers. Unless your one yourself no one really gets them so don't blame them if they don't make and sence to you. (I'm emo too incase you didn't know and saying emo's are losers is really uncalled for. Do you want me to start cutting my wrists? Just joking)

Kawaii-san Hinata
06-18-2009, 06:11 AM
emo people dont smile. They dont do anything
Sasuke smiles. Hes even laughed a few times, even thought they were just "hmphs"
Sasuke remindes me more of a scene person cuz of his hair

itasan
06-18-2009, 03:26 PM
emo people dont smile. They dont do anything
Sasuke smiles. Hes even laughed a few times, even thought they were just "hmphs"
Sasuke remindes me more of a scene person cuz of his hair

Gothic people don't smile.

Emo people "smile through the tears".

No one seems to understand what emo is beyond the highly mocked misconception of the whiney teen with no real problems...:(