PDA

View Full Version : Are Saibamen really that strong?

Phoenix Wright
04-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Can I have some proof/feats/calcs/scans/anything that can actually back up their strength? I've been hearing crap about them having Nuke Level Ki, and although last time I checked a regular Ki Blast explodes a small area of ground in front of it and that's that.

Now I can agree that it would kill one or two people (with one Ki Blast) no doubt, and even their suicide blasts only cover the area of a regular hand grenade last time I checked. I can agree on their speed and they can do some Blitzing, however their energy I can't believe until I have some proof.

superman
04-02-2010, 07:03 PM
^That's a good question. To be honest, the only reason Saibamen were believed to be so strong was based on the statement (from manga which is canonical) that they are the same power level as Radditz. Radditz was a casual multi-buster and his speed has been calculated to be around Mach 10. Since Saibamen=Raditz, it was only logical to conclude that they can do everything Radditz and 23rd Budokai Goku and Piccolo have shown to do (city, multi-mountain, and island busting).

Overall, I think it makes sense to place to at where they are.

TheAkatsukiClanPM9999
04-02-2010, 07:33 PM
It depends?

What kind?

superman
04-02-2010, 07:45 PM
It depends?

What kind?
What do you mean by what kind? The OP is obviously referring to the Saibamen that Nappa and Vegeta brought to Earth who had the same fight power as Raditz. The ones that I pitted against modern Earth?

You agree that they have nuke level power right? You made that statement and by valid power scaling they should easily be city busters, am I right?

04-02-2010, 07:55 PM
You can't flame me because i don't have a name suckaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! ! `#(

e710
04-02-2010, 07:58 PM
You can't flame me because i don't have a name suckaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! ! `#(

WT. F did you hack the system.

superman
04-02-2010, 08:06 PM
WT. F did you hack the system.
Is that really just what happened?

e710
04-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Is that really just what happened?

I don't think so i could just be a mess up.

SageoftheSixPaths
04-02-2010, 08:15 PM
The only proof to back this up, as Superman said, is their power level being equal to that of Raditz. Considering their self destruct was strong enough to kill Yamcha, who is FAR superior to a normal human being and quite possibly city busting at that point in the series, well, that simply says how powerful that blast was. A normal hand grenade wouldn't have killed Yamcha. The only explanation for that is the blast was hyper-concentrated on Yamcha's position, and his body absorbed most of the force from the blast.

Phoenix Wright
04-02-2010, 08:17 PM
^That's a good question. To be honest, the only reason Saibamen were believed to be so strong was based on the statement (from manga which is canonical) that they are the same power level as Radditz. Radditz was a casual multi-buster and his speed has been calculated to be around Mach 10. Since Saibamen=Raditz, it was only logical to conclude that they can do everything Radditz and 23rd Budokai Goku and Piccolo have shown to do (city, multi-mountain, and island busting).

Overall, I think it makes sense to place to at where they are.
I was gonna assess that in the first post. Just because he's the same power level as Raditz doesn't mean a thing. Raditz has a different arsenal of attacks and it doesn't change the fact Ki Blasts are nowhere near Nuke level.

SageoftheSixPaths
04-02-2010, 08:21 PM
I was gonna assess that in the first post. Just because he's the same power level as Raditz doesn't mean a thing. Raditz has a different arsenal of attacks and it doesn't change the fact Ki Blasts are nowhere near Nuke level.
Well, some people have nuke level ki blasts, just not the Saibamen. However, they can still take out an entire city in minutes easily.

junchurikioftheleaf
04-02-2010, 08:32 PM
well wait a second unless the z fighters were annihalated by the saibamen or they have waaay lower durability then shouldent nobody have been able to beat them since it took goku and piccolo jsut to beat raditz at the cost of gokus life ps: im not really sure wether the saibamen won or not since its been a long time since i last checked

Phoenix Wright
04-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Well, some people have nuke level ki blasts, just not the Saibamen. However, they can still take out an entire city in minutes easily.
Damn I feared that would happen. I quoted you in an Edit of that post but Viz broke down when I clicked submit, I'll have to counter you later I'm busy working on something with Kisame.

superman
04-02-2010, 08:42 PM
That's true. Even though Radditz lacked in the power to focus his Ki to increase his attack power (unlike Piccolo and Goku at the time), he could still easily fire nuke level + blasts as demonstrated by his multi-mountain busting feat. In other words, Radditz is still superior to Saibamen even with the same power level.

And how fast a group of Radditz level Saibamen can level a city also depends on the area/size/population of the city. The city I live in right now only has around 200,000 people and is only about 8 by 11 km in area, so they could probably solo it in maybe 1/2 an hour or so. But a big ass city like NYC would probably take a few hours to destroy if the Saibamen only had building busting Ki blasts.

The only proof to back this up, as Superman said, is their power level being equal to that of Raditz. Considering their self destruct was strong enough to kill Yamcha, who is FAR superior to a normal human being and quite possibly city busting at that point in the series, well, that simply says how powerful that blast was. A normal hand grenade wouldn't have killed Yamcha. The only explanation for that is the blast was hyper-concentrated on Yamcha's position, and his body absorbed most of the force from the blast.
Pretty much. While more powerful characters should have more AoE potential (and that has been clearly demonstrated through DB and the first half of DBZ), the AoE of an attack doesn't necessarily demonstrate how effective it would be on a particular character. Of course, having big AoE would be very important in the Saibamen vs Humanity thread, though.

And Yamcha by that point would certainly be a city buster (or moon buster if you consider Piccolo's iffy moon busting feat valid) since his PL was actually 100-200 pts higher than a Saibamen's or Radditz'. Lastly, the Saibamen self destruct on Yamcha was obviously a 'condensed multi-mountain buster' at the very least. Otherwise, it wouldn't have killed Yamcha.