I want to know why we changed the forum
i was happy with it my friends were happy
i saw no1 complaining

jounin
06-04-2009, 09:20 AM
they added things like theres a profile, they updated it

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 09:23 AM
They changed to this forum because it has a greater flexibility with the features and such. As in we can do more on this forum than was possible on the previous one.

Viceroy
Yeah there are a lot more customization options. But its gonna take a while for me to get used to all the differences.

Anbu-Phoenix
they added things like theres a profile, they updated it

but they got rid of a lot of thing
now everything's complicated
and weird

sakuraharuno444
06-04-2009, 09:24 AM
maybe something happened to the system who knows.....

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm not aware of anything they got rid of..

They only did it to give us more options.

jounin
06-04-2009, 09:29 AM
now you can post things faster, in the bottom of the forums, I think this is for the war system?

Anbu-Phoenix
06-04-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm not aware of anything they got rid of..

They only did it to give us more options.

unanswered topics
actve topics
your posts
and i dont like the new way its put up

Viceroy
06-04-2009, 09:31 AM
And it eliminates having to relogin and losing your post.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I believe some posts are still being put in, from something Toma said. But there's a search feature at the bottom of every forum, so you can probably find them using that.

As for your posts, if you click your name and go to statistics, they should be there.

Anbu-Phoenix
06-04-2009, 09:34 AM
no not that your posts it was to the n e and it would let you look at the topics that you were posting in
it made it easier to be in a conversation

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Well, you could always subcribe to topics so you know if someone responds. =/

Anbu-Phoenix
06-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Well, you could always subcribe to topics so you know if someone responds. =/

yeah thats what iv been doing

animelover
06-04-2009, 09:39 AM
how do you do that?

Anbu-Phoenix
06-04-2009, 09:43 AM
its in thread tools

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 09:47 AM
its in thread tools

What he said. At the top right of the thread you'll see the button.

SRhyse
06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
You guys are gonna flip when we get all the issues squared away and start letting you guys make your own social groups. Basically, the village systems will be built into the forum.

BaneDeidara
06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
My biggest problem about this new forum is that it is harder to find previous threads. Before it switched, there was a link saying "view your posts" near the top right that listed all the threads you posted in. The closest think this one has is subscriptions, and viewing every post you have made. I can't find any of my old threads. >.>

jounin
06-04-2009, 10:44 AM
My biggest problem about this new forum is that it is harder to find previous threads. Before it switched, there was a link saying "view your posts" near the top right that listed all the threads you posted in. The closest think this one has is subscriptions, and viewing every post you have made. I can't find any of my old threads. >.>

yes thats what ive done in the past

SRhyse
06-04-2009, 10:53 AM
I'll see what I can do to get that back for you. Let me know anything else you'd like to see!

age54321
06-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Honestly, I liked the old version better but we just gotta deal with it.

jounin
06-04-2009, 10:59 AM
it would be great if you guys put back the view your post thing, its more easier to see your old posts

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-04-2009, 12:02 PM
but they got rid of a lot of thing
now everything's complicated
and weird

Join the club............man, this thing is logging me out every time I'm not active for like, 2 minutes!

TucanaTheToucan
06-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I liked the old version as well, but I'll get used to it. :)

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Same with me, but I liked the old version...
*flashback*

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 12:06 PM
You guys will like this one better once the new features are put in place, from what I hear, anyway.

I also got the view your posts button back for you guys to. It'll show up under the 'search' button, once we fix the javascript dropdowns.

For those of you who want that back.

Life AKA Death
06-04-2009, 12:13 PM
they suck

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-04-2009, 12:14 PM
they suck

Who sucks?

KyuubiAkatsuki
06-04-2009, 12:18 PM
I believe some posts are still being put in, from something Toma said. But there's a search feature at the bottom of every forum, so you can probably find them using that.

As for your posts, if you click your name and go to statistics, they should be there.

oh my gosh thank you!

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
oh my gosh thank you!

You're welcome!

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-04-2009, 12:21 PM
I am alone and bored.

BaneDeidara
06-04-2009, 12:32 PM
You guys will like this one better once the new features are put in place, from what I hear, anyway.

For those of you who want that back.

Yay thanks! That was one of the worst problems for me. That and the losing subscriptions, bookmarks, and friends.

sasukefan
06-04-2009, 12:50 PM
yeah i lost all my friends, i can't see the smilies anymore, and have to go to my profile to find my threads and Kira probaly won't be able to get on cause you have to go through her e-mail and her mother blocked yahoo...somehow. i was lucky to get back in. i e-mailed an administrator trying to get back on here but at least it doesn't log me out in the middle of a post...i hope

Kakashi_Hatake
06-04-2009, 05:33 PM
i guess they were just trying to make things better on the forums.

Sage Mode
06-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Overall, I think this place will be tons better in a few days, let alone weeks. So just roll with it and after a week or two you'll be used to the changes.

I guess the one thing that you can't get back is your friends, though...Time to make new ones!

<Aurega?>
06-05-2009, 02:41 AM
The mods revamped the forum because there were a couple things they were not happy about with the old forum.

Now getting used to all the features of this forum will probably take some time, and not everyone is going to be happy about. It is the same when say windows XP came and users refused to accept it and stuck with their old windowns 98. Now, a couple of years down the road, people acknowledge that XP is superior to 98. Now it's happening again with Vista (although vista did have many flaws as it was rushed). I'll bet you that Windows 7 will be in the same boat. So is this forum.

Change will take time getting used to, but usually it is for the better. Besides, the mods didn't change that much on these forums, just a bunch of things have shifted positions. Please wait a couple of weeks and them comment on this.

No one asked for the revamp, but them doing it on their own initiative just shows us how much they care about making this better.

PS: There were several features added that will help the war system that will be coming up. This means the war council can finally prepare for the final stretch in implementing the battle system.

Chidori Shuriken
06-05-2009, 10:32 AM
You guys are gonna flip when we get all the issues squared away and start letting you guys make your own social groups. Basically, the village systems will be built into the forum.

Built into the forums?

I remember TheBlackChidori saying that the village stuff could only go so far, what he wrote was something like this:

The forum's can only go so far, so before we go ahead and make a revolution out of the village wars, let us finish the actual village wars first.

Whitereaper
06-06-2009, 04:22 PM
i dont like the way its formed now is there no way to go back to the way things were?

Toma RNK
06-06-2009, 05:39 PM
It would be a disaster trying to go back now. It MIGHT be possible but oh got would it be a difficult and terrible transition.

You guys also have to realize there are features you can' see that the mods are waiting on activating until people get the hang of the new forums.

Gaaralova1
06-09-2009, 01:02 PM
to tell everyone the truth i dont like the way the forum has been changed it makes it a lot more complicated then it should be.....also my post count went down. i havent been on the forum for about 4 weeks but when i tried to go in it didnt accept my password, wat the F? idk but a lot has changed ( akward ) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: oh and just now i tried putting 16 faces but no only 10 are allowed NOW it kinda sucks i wanna have the old forum back (=^-)-----

Sage Mode
06-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Welcome back! Yeah, new password, but you're here now, so that's good. Your post count went down because Forum Games, Off Topic, Chats/Clubs, Clans/Training Grounds forums all don't count towards your rank anymore.

I think ultimately you'll get used to it. Just give it a couple days.

Everyone knows 16 faces is too many! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

<Aurega?>
06-10-2009, 07:04 AM
I would really like to see the old "see your posts" function again. This new search script can't be bookmarked and it often fails to update correctly. Not sure if that phpbb3 code is compatible with vbulletin, but I do believe there should be something similar for vbulletin. Also, the other views were also nice, and I would like to have them as well.

-Aurega