PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: The Reputation system.

Pages : [1] 2

Toma RNK
06-03-2009, 11:59 PM
NOTE: this post is outdated and will be updated in the near future when the numbers have settled.

What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts.

Reputation may be positive, or negative.
Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation can not affect a persons reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4959/14355195.jpg

This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7216/98820942.jpg

You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page.
Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/1116/93716137.jpg

Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown.
The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

You give to a users reputation a number of points equal to your reputation power.

You subtract from a users reputation equal to half of your rep power

YOUR REP POWER/AMOUNT DOCKED
1/1
2/1
3/1
4/2
5/2
6/3
7/3
8/4
9/4
10/5
and so on.

There is a forum-wide cap on rep of 5, but some forums (unproductive ones such as offtopic and clubs) have a lower cap. This is to encourage people to post quality posts in relevant areas (bookstore, battlegrounds, Battle-Narrative system etc) instead of chatting randomly in offtopic.

Reputation power is calculated like so:

Numbers are currently being tweaked so this will not be accurate.
For every 365 number of days since you signed up, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every 5000 posts, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every ~120(ish) points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation power.

Pre-requisites
You must have 50 posts before you can affect any ones reputation.
You must have 3 reputation before you can affect any ones reputation.

Also, you may only alter reputation (up or down) 20 times a day.
In addition, you must Alter 20 peoples reputation before you can alter that persons rep again.

The rep titles currently known are:

0- User is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point.
10- User saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
30- User has completed a tough C-rank mission!
75- User is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
150- User has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
250- User just finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
350- User has a pricey dish named after them at Ichiraku Ramen.
450- User completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
550- User strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
650- User is one of the most respected ninja in the in the tri-village area.
750- User completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
900- User just might be Kage someday.
1250- User is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
2000- User is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

If you need help knowing when to use reputation. Go here:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8900

I hope this post helps explain the new system. If you liked it, give me some reputation or, even better, find a post of someone who has helped you out, and give them some rep! You can use the pics as a guide.

Agent Spectre
06-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the Explanation. I may not like this feature, but it is intriguing. Can others see the comments you've received or only you? i find this forum to be much too ...public, and revealing.

Oh.. and I would have given you good rep for such an informative post... but your obnoxiously large photos stretching the forum got in the way of my decision. :P

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 12:15 AM
You can see the comment, but not who sent the comment. The pics are from the test forum. I a reworking them now.

Edit: Much better now.

Ashen
06-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Thanks Toma, I was wondering, what the reputation thing was for. :)

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Basically you can down the reputation of one line posters just posting to get their post count up, and up the reputation of people who post useful stuff.

Mods can unlock features based on post count or reputation and all sorts of stuff.

IT's a fun system.

Anbu-Phoenix
06-04-2009, 12:48 AM
have 2 i feel so special

TucanaTheToucan
06-04-2009, 11:06 AM
A person's reputation can go either way; good or bad.
Whatever if it's in a forum or in real life.

age54321
06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks! I hope my rep will go up eventually!

seannfma1
06-04-2009, 11:24 AM
i love the new system but i dont like the forums to much.

Nick Tasogare
06-04-2009, 11:27 AM
im just curious, on your rep, toma, it says you are on a distinguished road, and it shows green, somepeoples are grey, and some peoples are also green, but it says that they have an unknown quantity. what does this man? thanks for the help :)

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 11:30 AM
The unknown quantity, I assume, means that they're neutral; neither good nor bad (even though the quantity part would make you think that the number is unknown). I've not quite figured it all out yet, though. It seems I had one reputation point, but it wasn't green. Then I gained another just a minute ago (I assume that was you?) and it still says one but is green now. -shrugs-

Nick Tasogare
06-04-2009, 11:34 AM
The unknown quantity, I assume, means that they're neutral; neither good nor bad (even though the quantity part would make you think that the number is unknown). I've not quite figured it all out yet, though. It seems I had one reputation point, but it wasn't green. Then I gained another just a minute ago (I assume that was you?) and it still says one but is green now. -shrugs-

yes exactly, (and it wasme you helped a lot on the control panel thread) and mine says four, but is gray, so i assume its negative or probably neutral, but im really not sure, kinda confused. If someone could explain the colors and things of that nature that would be great :)

seannfma
06-04-2009, 11:58 AM
My rep is gonna be the best

KrInArD
06-04-2009, 01:54 PM
how do i get back to my posts?

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Click your name and go to statistics.

They're working on a button like the old one that lets you view recent posts and see if there's been new posts in the threads, etc.

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 02:26 PM
To all those curious about the display.

Basically your exact reputation is not displayed for everyone to see but instead is represented by the little green boxes. As you get more, you get more green boxes. There is a place for the mods to change how many points you need for each title.

By default the settings look like this:

User is infamous around these parts -9999999
User can only hope to improve -50
User has a little shameless behaviour -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road 10
User will become famous soon enough 50
User has a spectacular aura about 150
User is a jewel in the rough 250
User is just really nice 350
User is a glorious beacon of light 450
User is a name known to all 550
User is a splendid one to behold 650
User has much to be proud of 1000
User has a brilliant future 1500
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

Though I am hoping once things calm down the mods can make this more "naruto styled" like the ranks.

seannfma
06-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Thank you for clearing that up Toma

jounin
06-04-2009, 02:32 PM
thanks for the info

Nick Tasogare
06-04-2009, 02:35 PM
ok, so does that mean that if you have a grayish box, and 4 rep power, (like me) that you are negative 4, or is it something different?

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Remember rep points and rep power are different.

Rep power = how much you add or subtract when you click the reputation icon in a post. Your 3k posts are what gives you the extra three rep power bringong your default 1 up to 4.

Your rep points are calculated based on the reputation your posts receive.

You have 4 power but now many people have given you rep based on your posts.

Hope this is clear.

3lilpandas
06-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Personally, I think this is a really good idea. When you view people's post counts it does not reflect the quality of a post, so I like how the reputation points can reflect whether or not a person's posts are beneficial or not. While high post counts are cool, its nice to know that the content of posts can now be taken into consideration. Definitely a good idea.

SRhyse
06-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Personally, I think this is a really good idea. When you view people's post counts it does not reflect the quality of a post, so I like how the reputation points can reflect whether or not a person's posts are beneficial or not. While high post counts are cool, its nice to know that the content of posts can now be taken into consideration. Definitely a good idea.
I approve of the quality of this post.

Nick Tasogare
06-04-2009, 02:45 PM

Rep power = how much you add or subtract when you click the reputation icon in a post. Your 3k posts are what gives you the extra three rep power bringong your default 1 up to 4.

Your rep points are calculated based on the reputation your posts receive.

You have 4 power but now many people have given you rep based on your posts.

Hope this is clear.

ok, so everyone starts at 1, and me having 3000 post brings it up three, i get that now, but im still a little confused on the boxes and what color it is, is it gray because i havent been given rep based on my posts, since the only rep i have is default plus my post count, (you deerve mad rep for helping all of us)

Agent Spectre
06-04-2009, 02:48 PM

Rep power = how much you add or subtract when you click the reputation icon in a post.

I think it's kind of silly that our "Rep Power" shows up in our post info above our Reputation status.
It confuses a lot of people who don't know the difference, and really doesn't need to be public on every post you make in the first place. I think it should appear on your profile instead, but that's just me.

When you view people's post counts it does not reflect the quality of a post

And this is why I don't understand why post count adds to rep power... -_-
Oh well, whatever.

but im still a little confused on the boxes and what color it is, is it gray because i havent been given rep based on my posts, since the only rep i have is default plus my post count

Don't hold me to this, I've never worked on a vBulletin forum... but I think the grey boxes means you have received rep points from one of those neutral people. I theorize if you have negative rep you get red boxes. Just my guess. That or you just haven't received ANY rep points yet and are in a neutral position.
(btw, just to clear it up again, you don't have any rep form "default" or "post count". That is your rep Power. Power is how many points you give or take from others when you decided to add to their rep. =D)

So wait... all reputation given is anonymous, aside from the number of points given?

Kisame
06-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I like the idea as it allows us to see the quality of people's post as 3lilpandas explained, but there might be people who will abuse their reputation. They might just give them reps because their friends or neg reps because they hate each other. The people doing that should be repsealed along with repwhores.

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I like the idea as it allows us to see the quality of people's post as 3lilpandas explained, but there might be people who will abuse their reputation. They might just give them reps because their friends or neg reps because they hate each other. The people doing that should be repsealed along with repwhores.

Thats why the 10 points per day toal, and the "you must give/take rep from 20 people before being able to affect the first person again" rules are in place, they keep it more fair.

Kisame
06-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Thats why the 10 points per day toal, and the "you must give/take rep from 20 people before being able to affect the first person again" rules are in place, they keep it more fair.

How about repwhoring? Would someone get in trouble for that?

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM
If discovered I would assume so.

Agent Spectre
06-04-2009, 03:55 PM

Yep... it's quite honestly the most balanced "karma" system I've ever seen. You know... except for the fact of giving potential spammers more rep power. But I suppose having negative rep points void your power is a counter weight... ::shrugs::... yeah it's balanced as much as it can be.

The rest is really up to the users best judgment. ::sigh::

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Reputation Point Factor
For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

I forgot about this. I will add it to the original post.

Naruto
06-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Cool I like this system. It sounds like a good idea. People might actually post quality stuff to improve their rep. Also, when we get the village war system going more, it'll effect your battle rank, abilities, etc. Might want to add this to your post.

Agent Spectre
06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I think the real thing that needs to be fixed in the original post is this:

You must have 10 points of reputation before you can affect anyones reputation. (You start with 10 reputation so unless people are docking you rep, you should be fine)

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's 0 now right?

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I think the real thing that needs to be fixed in the original post is this:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's 0 now right?

Once again you notice things I have missed. Thank you aain. Ill get right on it.

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Cool I like this system. It sounds like a good idea. People might actually post quality stuff to improve their rep. Also, when we get the village war system going more, it'll effect your battle rank, abilities, etc. Might want to add this to your post.

It may, though we have no idea how. It hasn't been worked out yet. I would like it to, but I don't go telling people t WILL until I have some idea how.

It is a new tool available to use and we will probably use it. I am not prepared to tell people how it will work or be fair and balanced, so I am not going to make a big deal out of it.

You are in fact only adding to the number of PM's I am getting asking HOW it will affect the battle system. That number is up to 4 since you first posted this, and will likely be 80 by the end of the day.

People wonder why it takes me so long to accomplish anything with this system.

Nick Tasogare
06-04-2009, 05:23 PM
guys, everyone seems to complain about everything taking so long, and then they pm everyone asking what is going on, and they still wonder why it isnt done yet

answer: they are reading your pms, checking to see if it is anything worthwhile , you need to leave them alone if you want them to be able to get anything finished

and i have a suggestion: just finish the initial war system, and put add ons later, it will satisfy everyone, and give you some peace and quiet to take a break and when you are rested you can go back to putting in add ons

EDIT: if you arent doing that already of course : )

i would be happy to help, even if i am not admitted to the war council : )

EDIT: ill do whatever needs doing : )

waterlemon-chi
06-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the info, Toma-san. I was seriously at a loss when I saw the reputation thingies... 0.o

Life AKA Death
06-04-2009, 11:45 PM
oh i get it

Life AKA Death
06-04-2009, 11:45 PM
this is gonna be hard though

<Aurega?>
06-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Excellent system! I approve of it!

However, is there a 'subtract' rep system in place right now to combat spammers or people who create multiple accounts to accumulate rep?

I assume mods have the power to subtract rep form people.

And people, PMing Toma RNK won't make the battle system come any faster. It will be released when it is ready, and not before. In fact, for every pointless PM the council get, they have to waste time to read, and reply to that PM and thus they will have less time to spent on working on the actual system. Now it might not seem much to read and reply to a single PM, but once you get like 100 of them, it will take a lot of time.

<Aurega?>
06-05-2009, 02:34 AM
User is infamous around these parts -9999999
User can only hope to improve -50
User has a little shameless behaviour -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road 10
User will become famous soon enough 50
User has a spectacular aura about 150
User is a jewel in the rough 250
User is just really nice 350
User is a glorious beacon of light 450
User is a name known to all 550
User is a splendid one to behold 650
User has much to be proud of 1000
User has a brilliant future 1500
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

Though I am hoping once things calm down the mods can make this more "naruto styled" like the ranks.

I think these ranks should be displayed whenever someone posts. Right now it's only hidden by the box and need to be mouse-overed to display it.

For every 365 number of days since you signed up, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every 1000 posts, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation power.

I think the 1 rep power every year is a little too long. I mean, people can easily earn 1000 posts or 100 points in say a month or 2, so 365 days seems to be way too long. How about making it something like every 60 days?

PS: the names of the ranks are terrible... I assume you put them together in a hurry eh?

-Aurega

Agent Spectre
06-05-2009, 04:15 AM
I think these ranks should be displayed whenever someone posts. Right now it's only hidden by the box and need to be mouse-overed to display it.

I think the 1 rep power every year is a little too long. I mean, people can easily earn 1000 posts or 100 points in say a month or 2, so 365 days seems to be way too long. How about making it something like every 60 days?

PS: the names of the ranks are terrible... I assume you put them together in a hurry eh?

-Aurega

I agree that the rank should show rather than the rep power, But it would probably take some serious coding to do that.

I disagree about your proposed time length. think about it from the other point of view, people will easily be getting more power every two months just simply for being registered? They could very well not have contributed anything and get rewarded for it.
Six months, maybe... but I'm not arguing with a whole year, since like you said... there are far easier and more meaningful ways to gain power.

lol... well.. as for the rank "names"... Toma did say
So the ones there are obviously the defaults, and hopefully the mods will change them when they have time.

Another question I had... What exactly IS Neutral Rep, and how does one get it?
I notice the rep given in the image of the original post is neutral (grey), and I also have received one with no comment.

narutorocks
06-05-2009, 10:04 AM
I like this new reputation system, I think it's good that people can be um..? appreciated for their useful posts with information(or an answer to a question but I think you know what i mean) instead of posts that just say "lol".

Toma RNK
06-05-2009, 11:07 AM
I agree that the rank should show rather than the rep power, But it would probably take some serious coding to do that.

I disagree about your proposed time length. think about it from the other point of view, people will easily be getting more power every two months just simply for being registered? They could very well not have contributed anything and get rewarded for it.
Six months, maybe... but I'm not arguing with a whole year, since like you said... there are far easier and more meaningful ways to gain power.

lol... well.. as for the rank "names"... Toma did say

So the ones there are obviously the defaults, and hopefully the mods will change them when they have time.

Another question I had... What exactly IS Neutral Rep, and how does one get it?
I notice the rep given in the image of the original post is neutral (grey), and I also have received one with no comment.

Neutral Rep is Rep given (or taken) by someone who has less than 50 posts or negative reputation.

Toma RNK
06-05-2009, 11:10 AM
However, is there a 'subtract' rep system in place right now to combat spammers or people who create multiple accounts to accumulate rep?

Just check disapprove instead of approve. That subtracts your power rank instead of adding it to the persons reputation.

Nick Tasogare
06-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Excellent system! I approve of it!

I assume mods have the power to subtract rep form people.

And people, PMing Toma RNK won't make the battle system come any faster. It will be released when it is ready, and not before. In fact, for every pointless PM the council get, they have to waste time to read, and reply to that PM and thus they will have less time to spent on working on the actual system. Now it might not seem much to read and reply to a single PM, but once you get like 100 of them, it will take a lot of time.

yea, you can disaprove of the post when you click on the link to give rep

slayer95
06-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks, I was wondering what the rep system was about, so thanks again.

zachrex33
06-05-2009, 11:48 PM
I think that over all the rep system and the post rank system balance out each other, because now you know what a rank and how many post that person has and then rep tells you if there post are are spam or not.

seannfma
06-06-2009, 05:30 AM
I totally agree zachtrex its a great balace between quanity and quality.

Agent Spectre
06-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I totally agree zachtrex its a great balace between quanity and quality.

The only reason the system is faulty is because only the most popular individuals seem to pick up any sort of reputation.

Even if you make a really bad or a really good post... the majority of people just aren't going to add to the rep of that post. Things go ignored.

That and people who have spammy friends with a high "rep power" get a lot of rep for basically nothing.

Ah the bliss of ignorance in society... -_-;

Toma RNK
06-08-2009, 08:07 AM
While I can agree spectre, it is the closed an automated system with user input can get to assessing someones post quality. IT is probably as fair as the faults of human nature can allow for.

Uchiha_Itachi
06-09-2009, 06:09 AM
This is a good system, It'll probably boost the quality of posts in the forums, leading to success.

TheViolletteHeart
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Its a good system but people can make mistakes. Some person gave me bad reputation because he thought I was the guy who posted above me because we had the same avatar. the guy had a spelling error.

Someone would reduce rep over a spelling error? I've just learned to ignore minor ones because everybody makes mistakes and misses errors sometimes. Besides, some words have multiple spellings, like color vs colour and theater vs theatre. Other multiple spellings come from when Japanese words are written in their romantisized form, such as Hyuga/Hyuuga.

SRhyse
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I've already got something in the works that's going to tie your rep and rank together, and make it a lot more 'tactile' and visual.

TheViolletteHeart
06-10-2009, 05:08 PM
no the guy wrote village as villah

That's still kinda minor. The 'g' is right by the 'h', and there is such a thing as a 'villa' anyway.

<Aurega?>
06-11-2009, 05:46 AM
Is there currently an appeal system where users can appleal rep given/taken from them to a mod? And the mod can then go in and see if it is a valid reason why the rep was given that way and if it is simply flaming, they can undo the changes in rep?

I'm sorry this will mean more work for you mods, but I think this is the issue most people are afraid of. After all, you get paid to do this and no pain no gain right? xD

What do the rest of you think?

-Aurega

Hinata_Byakugan
06-11-2009, 05:50 AM
hello

Naruto
06-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I've already got something in the works that's going to tie your rep and rank together, and make it a lot more 'tactile' and visual.

Thank you!

LaydeeWundarfullness
06-11-2009, 10:17 PM
can i hav rep?

<Aurega?>
06-12-2009, 03:03 AM
If you ask like that, chances are, you'll get negative rep...

BaneDeidara
06-12-2009, 07:51 AM
I think its kinda pointless if anyone can give rep. I keep getting negative rep for no reason at all...

Moon
06-12-2009, 07:53 AM
If you ask like that, chances are, you'll get negative rep...
yea true i been asking for negative rep. and i have been getting positive

Kon
06-19-2009, 10:35 AM
How do u reach mod status or is that 4 selected people only???????

Kon
06-19-2009, 10:35 AM
i think its kinda pointless if anyone can give rep. I keep getting negative rep for no reason at all...
lol y wat have u been doin wrong

BaneDeidara
06-19-2009, 10:39 AM
lol y wat have u been doin wrong
Nothing, people just give random rep to random people. :lol: It's no big deal realy, I was just pointing that out.

BaneDeidara
06-19-2009, 10:40 AM
How do u reach mod status or is that 4 selected people only???????
The Mods work for Viz.

mikuru
06-19-2009, 10:42 AM
yea thnx that was very helpful

yondaime
06-22-2009, 03:29 PM
thanks Toma

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Barely anyone is giving rep now...

Cade
06-22-2009, 04:07 PM
There's a rep thread about spreading rep.

brooksey
06-22-2009, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if I got bad reputation. I'm too honest and sometimes I can be mean.

yondaime Namikaze
06-23-2009, 08:06 AM
awsome i never really messed with rep... thx for explanation

MoonStarNinja4
06-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Thanks for explaining. I never really understood the rep thing. ^_^

Silentkiller
06-25-2009, 06:38 AM
I think its kinda pointless if anyone can give rep. I keep getting negative rep for no reason at all...

Yeah I know. I got negative rep cus I had a good opinion and backed it up with reason.

Toma RNK
06-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah I know. I got negative rep cus I had a good opinion and backed it up with reason.

I lost rep for making this guide. We all have to deal with stuff like that occasionally.

itachiuchiha85
06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
can i hav rep?

i dont quite get your signature. cant quite read it.... :\

Nawaki Uchiha
06-25-2009, 10:30 AM
It is pointless

itachiuchiha85
06-25-2009, 11:08 AM
It is pointless

the rep system? do tell why...

Yajyuu Mikazuki
06-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Is it me or do people barely use the rep system. and half of the people that do use it use it improperly.
Tis true :/

Nick Tasogare
06-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Tis true :/

Sadly, it is. People don't even seem to care. I use it though. :) Anyone else?

Yajyuu Mikazuki
06-25-2009, 03:39 PM
I give like 10 points a day (try to)

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I lost rep for....it's complicated.

Toma RNK
06-25-2009, 03:48 PM
yeah its shame that people do not use it properly. I like how it makes you wait so you can not get spam reputation all at once. Hey has anybody figured out the interval of time to re rep someone yet?
20 people.

If you rep me you must rep 20 people before reping me again. if you mean the daily limit, it is 10 rep clicks every 24 hours.

Toma RNK
06-25-2009, 03:58 PM
so you can only rep 10 people a day?
yup, AND you cant rep the same person until you have reped 20 others.

Sage Mode
06-25-2009, 06:00 PM
I wish I could rep people more...

But I wield TOO MUCH POWER.

Toma RNK
06-25-2009, 06:01 PM

But yo can just manually add rep by editing their profiles. Or rep them up 10 points and manually dock 6 or 7 from their profile.

<Aurega?>
06-25-2009, 07:33 PM

So no love from SM? :(

There is this guy who have 4 votes but 34 rep power.

Meaning the mods must have repped him 3 times and then a user with 4 rep power repped him once.

Fan of Minato
06-25-2009, 07:44 PM

Meaning the mods must have repped him 3 times and then a user with 4 rep power repped him once.

well he is lucky, I wish I got something like that, for my quality posts, but I am still satisfied so,

just a question, how much rep points do you have aurega, you can PM me if you want it to be personal, or just not answer.

Toma RNK
06-25-2009, 07:51 PM

I thought those stats mean he has aquired 34 rep and has only modified 4 peoples rep. Was I wrong? I very well could be.

yondaime
06-25-2009, 08:22 PM
thanks toma rnk

<Aurega?>
06-26-2009, 12:10 AM
well he is lucky, I wish I got something like that, for my quality posts, but I am still satisfied so,

just a question, how much rep points do you have aurega, you can PM me if you want it to be personal, or just not answer.

If you scroll down on the main page to the "top 10 stats", you can click on the arrow next to it and select "view more". Then expand it to top 20, or top 30 and then click on the arrow next to "most popular forum" or "top posters". You'll see a dropdown box and one of the options is "top reputations". There you can view top 5, 10, 20, 30, 50 and 100 top reputations.

<Aurega?>
06-26-2009, 12:12 AM
I thought those stats mean he has aquired 34 rep and has only modified 4 peoples rep. Was I wrong? I very well could be.

Hmm, it could be. Well, I'll have to check it out now!

<Aurega?>
06-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Nope, it is how many you've gotten, not how many you've given. Just tested it by giving rep to 2 others, but the counter didn't increase.

Fan of Minato
06-26-2009, 09:43 AM
well I am no 17, I am surprised, I think my rep awareness forum was the thing that gave me the rep.
Oh well.

Toma RNK
06-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Nope, it is how many you've gotten, not how many you've given. Just tested it by giving rep to 2 others, but the counter didn't increase.

Thanks for clarifying.

<Aurega?>
06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
well I am no 17, I am surprised, I think my rep awareness forum was the thing that gave me the rep.
Oh well.

I just hit top 10. That's with no love from the mods and with Toma stealing all the glory from the council xD
Well, I think Toma harvested ALOT of rep through the "I LUV THIS THREAD SO MUCH" picture, the awesome optical illusion and the rogue vs rouge thread (my fav).

I personally don't mind that much, since I like being in the backgroud anyways. What annoys me is that I have top 10 rep of all users but still only 1 rep power. GIEF MORE POWER!!! :twisted:

Gamabunta
06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Hmmmm...I got in the top 10 for about 10 minutes, and then it ended.

Someone gave me negative rep for roleplaying as their enemy. I don't really think that is a fair or good reason to be negative rep'd do you agree?

Fan of Minato
06-26-2009, 12:33 PM

Someone gave me negative rep for roleplaying as their enemy. I don't really think that is a fair or good reason to be negative rep'd do you agree?

Yes, the same thing happened to me just a few minutes ago, someone with a rep power of two gave me bad rep, because of no apparent reason, they left ...
for a comment, so they were just playing around with the rep,
and my rep level dropped down from 10 to 13. so yes I do agree.

eagleye54321
06-26-2009, 12:33 PM

The only way I believe negative rep should be given is if something was very inappropriate. Roleplaying shouldn't be a reason in my opinion.

Gamabunta
06-26-2009, 12:35 PM
The only way I believe negative rep should be given is if something was very inappropriate. Roleplaying shouldn't be a reason in my opinion.

Well I was acting "hostile" towards them. But I think any mature person can tell the difference between roleplay and actual rudeness.

eagleye54321
06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Well I was acting "hostile" towards them. But I think any mature person can tell the difference between roleplay and actual rudeness.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me to bad rep you for that.

<Aurega?>
06-26-2009, 12:43 PM

I don't know, I can see how you can get on people nerves when you harass the rogue orgs. I've seen them ask you to leave, but you didn't care about that.

But if you have any negative rep that doesn't have comments on it, PM a mod and they will most likely remove it. They did to me at least.

Fan of Minato
06-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't know, I can see how you can get on people nerves when you harass the rogue orgs. I've seen them ask you to leave, but you didn't care about that.

But if you have any negative rep that doesn't have comments on it, PM a mod and they will most likely remove it. They did to me at least.

Really, because I just got bad rep for asking a question
and the comment was
so what can I do about it.

mangagirl
06-26-2009, 12:46 PM
now i understand!!

Gamabunta
06-26-2009, 12:49 PM

Eh to be fair this was long before they ever asked me to leave. And in the message I basically said they were going down, and the message said:

"don't count on it missy"

<Aurega?>
06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Really, because I just got bad rep for asking a question
and the comment was
so what can I do about it.

PM a mod about it. I actually got the same message twice, and the mods said they would keep an eye on the users giving that.

<Aurega?>
06-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Eh to be fair this was long before they ever asked me to leave. And in the message I basically said they were going down, and the message said:

"don't count on it missy"

Well, anything after they asked you to leave would be fair game imo. Perhaps they employed a preemptive strike? xD

Fan of Minato
06-26-2009, 01:10 PM
PM a mod about it. I actually got the same message twice, and the mods said they would keep an eye on the users giving that.

Ok, thanks for helping me.

Gamabunta
06-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Well, anything after they asked you to leave would be fair game imo. Perhaps they employed a preemptive strike? xD

Maybe lmao.

narutosagetoad
06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the Rep guide!

Toma RNK
06-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Updated original post with new info.

Changed Rep power info to be accurate.

Updated the descriptions.

Sasori_X
06-28-2009, 08:13 PM
someone just gave me bad rep for stating my opinion and the person was bashing naruto subs. and he was sort of being a racists.

Someone lowered my rep because I made a joke that said Danzo was hot. I mean come on, who the heck thinks Danzo is hot? Thats incredibly stupid.

Kuromaki
06-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Someone lowered my rep because I said that an extremely minor character I didn't know didn't exist...

<Aurega?>
06-29-2009, 12:31 AM
There has apparently been a reputation requirement added to get the 1st rep power point. I believe now you need at least 50 posts AND 10 reputation to be able to affect anyone's rep. Just in case some of you wondered where your rep powers went...

Miles Edgeworth
06-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Wow, someone lowered my rep on a debating thread saying i have an "inability to think critically". That's pretty sad.

I think it was on a Sasori vs Gaara thread or something.

<Aurega?>
06-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Bring issues like that to the mods. Be warned that if you bring too many petty issues to them, they might end up docking your rep too.

mangagirl
06-29-2009, 02:54 PM
awesome!!

Hinata♥Hyuga
06-29-2009, 04:56 PM
What does it matter if you have 5 rep points or 0? and how do I veiw my rep?
'''''

NaruSakufluff4ever
06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
i changed my avatar and my rrep went down and didt get negative rep... what happened?

The Demon Zabuza
06-30-2009, 05:19 PM
I got docked rep for ' inability to look at debate points'.

My post was the second in the thread.

Fan of Minato
06-30-2009, 06:18 PM
I got docked rep for ' inability to look at debate points'.

My post was the second in the thread.

That happened to me too, I mean really people should look at it more carefully,
Mine was second too, how exactly can you ignore the debate points,
when there were none to begin with in the first place.
Oh well,

The Demon Zabuza
07-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey, out of interest, How many rep points has that first post given you Tona RNK?

yondaime
07-02-2009, 09:10 AM
thanks Toma RNK

abby750
07-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks Toma, I was wondering, what the reputation :)

Kuromaki
07-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Someone lowered my rep twice on a Neji vs. Shino thread telling me to explain my answer, even though I already explained on the post below. :/

Toma RNK
07-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey, out of interest, How many rep points has that first post given you Tona RNK?

about 15-20.

Most clicks are neutral rep since it is an intro guide, or one point cause the person is still new but has enough for 1 rep.

I am currently at 210 and this guide has not contributed much to it.

In fact my guides do surprisingly little, most rep is from useful comments or help I provide people, and occasionally for calling out people who are breaking the rues or being mean.

shinobi665
07-03-2009, 10:17 AM
i get it now

Kreegah!!!
07-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks so much Toma for clearing up a lot of my own confusion about the system. I rep people often based on quality, or the lack thereof (not that it means anything from me at this point).

Interestingly enough, I have 10 points now (cool), but one comment. The comment says "will u b my friend." :lol: Hard question to answer w/ anonymous rep.:shock:

Sage Of Six Paths
07-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Wow, someone lowered my rep on a debating thread saying i have an "inability to think critically". That's pretty sad.

Something like that happened to me.

It was on the Zabuza vs Killer Bee thread.

It said, rep down.

But it was neutral.

Did that person know how

to give somebody bad rep?

Also, how do you give neutral

rep? I've tried, but I don't think that

it worked at all. Also, why would you want

to give neutral rep? It wastes 1 out of the 20

times per day that you have.

The Demon Zabuza
07-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Neutral rep is given when you don't have enough posts or rep of your own for it to count. I think that the current limit is fifty posts and ten of your own rep points. If your don't have these, your rep is Neutral.

Chidori Shuriken
07-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Something like that happened to me.

It was on the Zabuza vs Killer Bee thread.

It said, rep down.

But it was neutral.

Did that person know how

to give somebody bad rep?

Also, how do you give neutral

rep? I've tried, but I don't think that

it worked at all. Also, why would you want

to give neutral rep? It wastes 1 out of the 20

times per day that you have.

Neutral Reputation means that the person has NO REP POWER. Which means either they have bad Reputation or just don't have the requirements.

Chidori Shuriken
07-04-2009, 02:03 PM

What? You're a Pro debater...!

I'll get 'em! :twisted:

sasruto
07-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks!

narutorocks
07-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Okay I have a question,. (So sorry if this was already answered! If it was you can just ignore this!) I have 2 neutral rep points.
If this netural rep was given by someone who didn't meet the requriments, once they get the requirments, will the rep turn a color? Like green or red? Or will it just stay netural regardless if the person reaches the reqirments after they gave you rep?

rocketjed1
07-10-2009, 01:53 PM
why and how does the color change?

YellowFlash
07-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Thank you Toma RNK for making this for us. It was very helpful.

Naruto
07-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Okay I have a question,. (So sorry if this was already answered! If it was you can just ignore this!) I have 2 neutral rep points.
If this netural rep was given by someone who didn't meet the requriments, once they get the requirments, will the rep turn a color? Like green or red? Or will it just stay netural regardless if the person reaches the reqirments after they gave you rep?
I have 2 neutral rep and I think they don't change but don't take my word for it.

Toma RNK
07-13-2009, 03:54 AM
first post updated with newly discovered info about negative rep.

<Aurega?>
07-13-2009, 05:40 AM
It's good to see the top 10 rep list, the deserving people are all up there ^_^

Fan of Minato
07-13-2009, 07:34 AM
It's good to see the top 10 rep list, the deserving people are all up there ^_^

you are up there too aren't you.

Sasuke/Itachi
07-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Whats does a green rep means?

jounin
07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
and what about the purple box??

Fan of Minato
07-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Whats does a green rep means?

Well, I think it means a positive rep,

Naruto
07-14-2009, 08:23 AM
What purple box?

Toma RNK
07-14-2009, 09:13 AM
What purple box?
I have only run into green red and grey, never purple.

C4 Karura
07-14-2009, 09:17 AM
My Control Panel only shows my latest rep. Where can I go to find all the rep I've recieved?

Toma RNK
07-14-2009, 09:59 AM
My Control Panel only shows my latest rep. Where can I go to find all the rep I've recieved?
without some lightweight hacking, you can't.

Raiden
07-14-2009, 10:01 AM
without some lightweight hacking, you can't.
well there be a up-date to fix this or no

Toma RNK
07-14-2009, 10:04 AM
well there be a up-date to fix this or no
if enough people ask the mods I think they can change the number diplayed to 30 or 60 or something, but that would require popular demand.

To rewrite the code would be low on priorities as I have 5 r six coding improvements for the war system and such I have asked for and are "on the back burner."

Sage Mode
07-14-2009, 10:06 AM
if enough people ask the mods I think they can change the number diplayed to 30 or 60 or something, but that would require popular demand.

To rewrite the code would be low on priorities as I have 5 r six coding improvements for the war system and such I have asked for and are "on the back burner."

I actually just changed it to 15 after talking to C4 through PMs.

Toma RNK
07-14-2009, 10:07 AM
I actually just changed it to 15 after talking to C4 through PMs.

I stand very much corrected though I believe it is like 5 --> 15 --> or 30.

I keep forgetting you guys are made of awesome.

Sage Mode
07-14-2009, 10:13 AM
I stand very much corrected though I believe it is like 5 --> 15 --> or 30.

I keep forgetting you guys are made of awesome.

Oh, I wasn't trying to correct you or anything, just to mention the coincidence. It appears like it can be set to any number though.

KIBAFAN321
07-14-2009, 10:20 AM
The reputation is cool but what does it do? Is it suppose to help with the War System?

C4 Karura
07-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Oh, I wasn't trying to correct you or anything, just to mention the coincidence. It appears like it can be set to any number though.
You can set the number? How?

Sage Mode
07-14-2009, 10:24 AM
You can set the number? How?

We, the admins, can set the number.

C4 Karura
07-14-2009, 10:29 AM
The reputation is cool but what does it do? Is it suppose to help with the War System?
No. It has nothing to do with the war system. Basically, it's to let you know how good your posts are. Although some go and give bad rep for dumb reasons, like disagreeing with thier opinions (this happened to me a few days ago). Apparently, some give bad rep just for fun, but this has never happened to me. You can read all about it in the FAQ.

C4 Karura
07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
We, the admins, can set the number.
Oh, alright. Thanks again!

KIBAFAN321
07-14-2009, 10:32 AM
No. It has nothing to do with the war system. Basically, it's to let you know how good your posts are. Although some go and give bad rep for dumb reasons, like disagreeing with thier opinions (this happened to me a few days ago). Apparently, some give bad rep just for fun, but this has never happened to me. You can read all about it in the FAQ.

Oh! That's what the reps were for. Thanks C4.

C4 Karura
07-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Oh! That's what the reps were for. Thanks C4.

Yeah! Thanks for your rep!
... WHOA! I just realized your rep is worth 2 points! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

KIBAFAN321
07-14-2009, 10:45 AM
No problem. You helped me, and you deserve some rep points, right?

Fan of Minato
07-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey kibafan
DragonAngel told me to say "beta" when I see you,
so
Beta.

Toma RNK
07-14-2009, 10:56 AM

I said it would take a mass movement to get yo guys to alter it, and you took the users needs into consideration and fixed it QUICK.

If I am accusing you guys of beng less awesome than you are, I am proud to be very wrong and welcome the correction.

Again thanks for being made of equal parts win, awesome, and "ingredient x"

DragonAngel
07-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Hey kibafan
so
Beta.

I didn't say to mention my name :shock: oh well Beta, and -Runs-

Fan of Minato
07-14-2009, 11:07 AM

Well you told me to say it so,
~runs too~.

C4 Karura
07-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah, but getting 2 points for 1 thing just incredible. Thanks again!

Toma RNK
07-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, but getting 2 points for 1 thing just incredible. Thanks again!
Now imagine getting 8 for it. *hits C4 up for +8 reputation*

KIBAFAN321
07-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Hey kibafan
so
Beta.

FISHY!!! FISHY!!!

I will kill if we weren't in this thread Dragon

DragonAngel
07-14-2009, 11:34 AM
FISHY!!! FISHY!!!

I will kill if we weren't in this thread Dragon

:shock: yay a compliment thank you :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Fan of Minato
07-14-2009, 11:43 AM

Haha,
I gave him +2 as well.

C4 Karura
07-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Haha,
I gave him +2 as well.
Thank you! Thanks to you three, I got 12 rep in 1 day! That's more then I've gotten in all my time here! Thank you so much!
P.S. Oh, yeah! Toma, your post earlier, while talking to Sage Mode, was so funny I added it to my signature!

Sephiroth
07-19-2009, 09:00 PM
i got a question y is my rep power at 0 now and how come i cant rep anyone

Vermillian
07-20-2009, 01:47 AM
what are the rep titles for negative?

Toma RNK
07-20-2009, 01:52 AM
what are the rep titles for negative?
So far we have seen "known to deface the sannin mountains in the past" and "is interning with orochimaru"

exact numbers are not public and there may be more.

Cade
07-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Dubs4life with the lowest.Banshi propbably might be second.

nexthokage
07-25-2009, 09:30 AM
thanks i was confused

Dragon
07-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the info

Snapdragon tornado!
07-25-2009, 10:26 PM
uh huh......

ItachiAnbu
07-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Huh... the necesity of the rep system doesn't make sense to me.

It seems fun, but those who abuse the system ruin it for everyone.

Like how someone once docked my rep because they thought I docked theirs. I didn't.

In my eyes, it might be for the best if the rep system was, well, taken away.

Toma RNK
07-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Huh... the necesity of the rep system doesn't make sense to me.

It seems fun, but those who abuse the system ruin it for everyone.

Like how someone once docked my rep because they thought I docked theirs. I didn't.

In my eyes, it might be for the best if the rep system was, well, taken away.

problem is, people abuse everything. perhaps we should remove peoples ability to edit their own post cause some abuse it.

Should we get if of all the ranks and titles too? People spam or postfarm to increase those. For every reward there is a way for a dumb user to misunderstand or abuse a system.

Trying to find the right balance is tough but at this point I think having postcount and reputation balance each other out.

ItachiAnbu
07-26-2009, 11:50 AM
problem is, people abuse everything. perhaps we should remove peoples ability to edit their own post cause some abuse it.

Should we get if of all the ranks and titles too? People spam or postfarm to increase those. For every reward there is a way for a dumb user to misunderstand or abuse a system.

Trying to find the right balance is tough but at this point I think having postcount and reputation balance each other out.

Hmmm. You make an interesting point.

I don't have anything against the rep system, I just have an instinctive response to anything I see that I don't consider fair.

Not that the system isn't, but as you said, certain people tend to be that way.

Still, your arguement is superior. I concede the point.

Toma RNK
07-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Hmmm. You make an interesting point.

I don't have anything against the rep system, I just have an instinctive response to anything I see that I don't consider fair.

Not that the system isn't, but as you said, certain people tend to be that way.

Still, your arguement is superior. I concede the point.

Thank you for reading my message through the typos my wireless keyboard is worse than usual today.

Chromekatana
07-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Thank you for reading my message through the typos my wireless keyboard is worse than usual today.

Lol,I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it.;)

ItachiAnbu
07-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Lol,I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it.;)

Me neither. >_<

abby750
07-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the Explanation

visitor
07-28-2009, 09:33 PM
its awesome idea

Ichiraku Ramen
08-02-2009, 12:13 AM
wow this helped alot :o

"Byaku-ingan"
08-02-2009, 06:43 PM
This cleared up so many questions. You rule, Toma!!!!

rygy94
08-25-2009, 08:34 PM
who has the most rep power

The Demon Zabuza
08-25-2009, 08:38 PM
TheBlackChidori, with 15.

Toma RNK has more rep though.

Toma RNK
08-25-2009, 08:47 PM
TheBlackChidori, with 15.

Toma RNK has more rep though.

He and I frequently change the rank for most.

X__Sasuke__X
08-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Any tipes for getting more good rep?? I am at 49 right now, just one more and I'm at 2 rep power!!! Lol. (No, I am not asking for rep)

Toma RNK
08-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Funny, witty, or helpful posts generally get good amounts of rep. Best advice I can offer.

The Eater of Charkra
08-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks now I understand. Well this does make sense everyone so don't be talking smake about it.

Naruto321
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Funny, witty, or helpful posts generally get good amounts of rep. Best advice I can offer.

Thanks!:)

Shikamaru Nara
09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
thanks

Shikamaru Nara
09-12-2009, 10:41 AM
it helped a lot

Grind Pantera
09-12-2009, 02:52 PM
rep systems are fail when it doesn't auto sign your name. really I got a neg rep saying "gh". I checked to see if there was a user by that name or initials, but no they probably just hit it because they are the two letters on the center of a keyboard.

Be a man and sign your rep, and at least give a good reason for why the post warranted you taking time out of your life to leave it.

Toma RNK
09-12-2009, 03:15 PM
rep systems are fail when it doesn't auto sign your name. really I got a neg rep saying "gh". I checked to see if there was a user by that name or initials, but no they probably just hit it because they are the two letters on the center of a keyboard.

Be a man and sign your rep, and at least give a good reason for why the post warranted you taking time out of your life to leave it.

Agreed, but we can't enable users to see it as 90% of them will downrep in retaliation.

Grind Pantera
09-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Agreed, but we can't enable users to see it as 90% of them will downrep in retaliation.

Probably should have done that from the start, to add accountability to it. It would at least discourage rep spammers

Toma RNK
09-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Probably should have done that from the start, to add accountability to it. It would at least discourage rep spammers

You overestimate most users, and underestimate how little time the real mods are able to be here.

If we enabled it there would be n less than 20 threads with people screaming at each other and 5 people leaving the forums over the argument. Trust me on this one, I saw it happen.

Grind Pantera
09-12-2009, 03:31 PM
True, I've never been a big fan of the rep system between the spammers and those who think having a high rep makes them a better than those with lower rep.

Toma RNK
09-12-2009, 03:34 PM
True, I've never been a big fan of the rep system between the spammers and those who think having a high rep makes them a better than those with lower rep.

While true it s good to have multiple metrics to measure users, as having post count exclusively leads to massive post farming.

No system is perfect, but now you can get a ROUGH quality/quantity count. Which I would argue is superior to quantity alone.

Cyn
09-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Ha, I love Rep 750.

Suko
09-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes finally! Thank you! I had no idea what this reputation thing was about. Now I do.

Suko
09-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Ha, I love Rep 750.
Ya, that one was good. If I were to "txt" a reply I would say lol, but I wont cause I truly hate to "txt". In case you are wondering, yes I will be doing that every time I use the word "txt".

BlueberryiceeUzumaki
09-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Hell I'll just do it anyways.

Rasendori's Aesir
09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Im baaaaaack

The Demon Zabuza
09-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Two things.

Don't ask for rep.

You don't spam much, so how come you only have 27 rep from 236 posts? You really should have more...

Ninja of Cao
09-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Two things.

Don't ask for rep.

You don't spam much, so how come you only have 27 rep from 236 posts? You really should have more...
Ok. Sorry.

I don't know. Maybe I should try to talk on other threads.

Rasendori's Aesir
09-25-2009, 10:33 AM
reppies brothers?

MannyGAGA
09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
yea dis helps meh alot cuz i didnt kno how to really do anything but post now i kno thank u!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja of Cao
09-25-2009, 10:35 AM
reppies brothers?
I gave you some rep points.

MangaGirl4U
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the info.
By the way, can someone please give me some rep? I'm tired of saving kittens from trees. I only need 3 more rep points to complete a C-rank mission.
i would if i could..but alas i cannot...sorry slave

Ninja of Cao
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
i would if i could..but alas i cannot...sorry slave
How did I become your slave, anyway???

MangaGirl4U
09-25-2009, 10:58 AM
How did I become your slave, anyway???
when i said u were.. :twisted:

Ninja of Cao
09-25-2009, 10:59 AM
when i said u were.. :twisted:
-_-'

You're evil...

MangaGirl4U
09-25-2009, 11:05 AM
-_-'

You're evil...
yes i am...remember that slave... feel free to give me rep anytime to keep from getting punished

Ninja of Cao
09-25-2009, 11:08 AM
yes i am...remember that slave... feel free to give me rep anytime to keep from getting punished
What do you mean "punished"?
I'm the Taokage of the Elemental village! I have a Tenken; a sword which cuts through any defense!
How can you possibly punish me?

MangaGirl4U
09-25-2009, 11:09 AM
What do you mean "punished"?
I'm the Taokage of the Elemental village! I have a Tenken; a sword which cuts through any defense!
How can you possibly punish me?
hmmm...well i do have my ways..but then again u may enjoy them too much..

Ninja of Cao
09-25-2009, 11:10 AM
hmmm...well i do have my ways..but then again u may enjoy them too much..
Huh?
What do you mean by that?

The Demon Zabuza
09-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I would like to point out that no rep should have been given on the last page, at all.

And then I would like to point out I can remove 5 rep. So stop giving each other rep for no reason, unless you want it taken away.

Oh, and that is spam. Take it somewhere else.

Ninja of Cao
09-25-2009, 11:12 AM
I would like to point out that no rep should have been given on this page, at all.

And then I would like to point out I can remove 5 rep. So stop giving each other rep for no reason, unless you want it taken away.
Ok. I won't give any more rep for no reason. Please, don't down-rep me.

Rasendori's Aesir
09-25-2009, 11:36 AM
who are the reppies brothers? Its rather sillie

7 Paths of Pain
09-29-2009, 12:51 PM
how do you become a jonin leader rank just wondering

The Demon Zabuza
09-29-2009, 12:54 PM
6000 posts and 250 rep.

Only Kuromaki has managed it.

Kon
09-29-2009, 12:56 PM
i just got downrepepd by 4 ppl and now my re power is a 2 insted of a 3 :cry:

The Demon Zabuza
09-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Not a complaining thread.

You just lost 6 more rep.

Kon
09-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Not a complaining thread.

You just lost 6 more rep.

im not complaining im just saying idk why my rep whent down so much and now u just took 6 more how can u take so much its not right :mad:

Kizomaru Yukimoto
09-29-2009, 01:03 PM
??? Toma is this an old Guide you only had 3 Rep power in the picture ?? Anyways... Nice you must have worked hard. It Helped me to even though I already no I read it again so .. Nevermind..

Toma RNK
09-29-2009, 01:08 PM
im not complaining im just saying idk why my rep whent down so much and now u just took 6 more how can u take so much its not right :mad:

If you read the first post, every person has reputation power.

This Rep power is calculated like so:

You get one rep power once you make a few posts and like 3 or 5 rep.
You get 1 rep power at 50 reputation.

Every 50 rep after that (100, 150, 200, ect) you get another rep power.

You also get 1 rep point for every 2000 posts you make.

You had 3 rep points cause you had over 100 rep at the time (and less than 2000 posts)

Then 4 people down repped you and your rep went below 100.

When someone downreps you, they give you an amount of negative rep equal to 1/2 their rep power.

The Demon Zabuza has the 7th highest rep on the forums at 516 reputation and 12 rep power, so he downreped you for -6.

The system is set up so those with more rep (cause they help more and have been helping or saying funny things longer) affect others rep more.

I have over 1200 rep and have 24-26 rep power. I however for some odd reason downrep people my full amount.

I hope this explains it.

(BTW saying "im not complaining" is a safe bet when talking about rep. People around here tend to downrep instantly if people complain about downreps.)

Toma RNK
09-29-2009, 01:09 PM
??? Toma is this an old Guide you only had 3 Rep power in the picture ?? Anyways... Nice you must have worked hard. It Helped me to even though I already no I read it again so .. Nevermind..

It was posted the day the rep system came out.

2 days later they changed what the images looked like so I redid the images and had 3 rep power at the time.

Kon
09-29-2009, 01:12 PM
If you read the first post, every person has reputation power.

This Rep power is calculated like so:

You get one rep power once you make a few posts and like 3 or 5 rep.
You get 1 rep power at 50 reputation.

Every 50 rep after that (100, 150, 200, ect) you get another rep power.

You also get 1 rep point for every 2000 posts you make.

You had 3 rep points cause you had over 100 rep at the time (and less than 2000 posts)

Then 4 people down repped you and your rep went below 100.

When someone downreps you, they give you an amount of negative rep equal to 1/2 their rep power.

The Demon Zabuza has the 7th highest rep on the forums at 516 reputation and 12 rep power, so he downreped you for -6.

The system is set up so those with more rep (cause they help more and have been helping or saying funny things longer) affect others rep more.

I have over 1200 rep and have 24-26 rep power. I however for some odd reason downrep people my full amount.

I hope this explains it.

(BTW saying "im not complaining" is a safe bet when talking about rep. People around here tend to downrep instantly if people complain about downreps.)

why can ppl down rep on just any old post just because they might not like a person??? :???:
or because they think they are right and they find ou t theyt are wrong why shouldnt they be able to take the neg rep back and nuetralize it

Toma RNK
09-29-2009, 01:15 PM
why can ppl down rep on just any old post just because they might not like a person??? :???:
or because they think they are right and they find ou t theyt are wrong why shouldnt they be able to take the neg rep back and nuetralize it

Well you can't take an action back, though you can edit a post.

The fact that upreps are twice as powerful as downreps usually cancels things out. Also downreps serve to show people what not to do in the future. Sure sometimes downreps happen for a bad reason, but people also get uprepped for silly reasons too, so in the end things balance out. No system is perfect.

Kon
09-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Well you can't take an action back, though you can edit a post.

The fact that upreps are twice as powerful as downreps usually cancels things out. Also downreps serve to show people what not to do in the future. Sure sometimes downreps happen for a bad reason, but people also get uprepped for silly reasons too, so in the end things balance out. No system is perfect.

yea i guess butisnt there a limit on how many ppl can rep down on a single post like say i down rep u on ur last post and like 8 other ppl do the same how is that possible shouldnt it be 2 ppl can rep on a post the u snooz u loose thing

The Demon Zabuza
09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
yea i guess butisnt there a limit on how many ppl can rep down on a single post like say i down rep u on ur last post and like 8 other ppl do the same how is that possible shouldnt it be 2 ppl can rep on a post the u snooz u loose thing

So if I were to insult every member of the forums in one post, only one of them could down rep me? If more than one person down rep a post, then it usually deserves it. Especially if the people have high rep power.

And try to leave your name when you down rep, it shows courage.

Kon
09-29-2009, 01:23 PM
So if I were to insult every member of the forums in one post, only one of them could down rep me? If more than one person down rep a post, then it usually deserves it. Especially if the people have high rep power.

And try to leave your name when you down rep, it shows courage.

EXACTY EXACTLY EXACTLY YES LEAVE UR DAMN NAME YESSS i hate it when ppl down rep for no reason and remain unkown

Toma RNK
09-29-2009, 01:25 PM

Any single user may only uprep or downrep any other user once, then ust give/take rep from ten people before going back to the first.

But no, in theory, every forum user could uprep me OR downrep me for a single post. That way every person gets to affect the person who posteds rep.

All 8 people disliked your post, and downreped you to let you know it. But one person could not down rep you 8 times in a row, or 8 times in one post.

[Shikamaru]
09-29-2009, 01:27 PM
My buddy got trampled, dropped from rank 1 to a negative rank (red) in a day, due to one thread he created.

sharingandeamon24

Toma RNK
09-29-2009, 01:29 PM
;1301866']My buddy got trampled, dropped from rank 1 to a negative rank (red) in a day, due to one thread he created.

sharingandeamon24

That can also happen especially if the person is a new account. 1 or 2 downreps and you are in the negative.

But if your first post upsets people that much, well, it kinda makes sense in a way.

Kon
09-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Any single user may only uprep or downrep any other user once, then ust give/take rep from ten people before going back to the first.

But no, in theory, every forum user could uprep me OR downrep me for a single post. That way every person gets to affect the person who posteds rep.

All 8 people disliked your post, and downreped you to let you know it. But one person could not down rep you 8 times in a row, or 8 times in one post.

why can we only rep once for as post

Toma RNK
09-29-2009, 01:34 PM
why can we only rep once for as post

If you could rep as many times as you wanted for a post it defeat the purpose of having rep power.

I mean if I didn't like what you said I could downrep you 100 times. Thats just dumb. Thats why a user can only downrep once per post.

Kon
09-29-2009, 01:35 PM
If you could rep as many times as you wanted for a post it defeat the purpose of having rep power.

I mean if I didn't like what you said I could downrep you 100 times. Thats just dumb. Thats why a user can only downrep once per post.

yea true :???:

Max{Jounin}
09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks for explaining it xD I shall........Stand and make better post O.o

Rasendori's Aesir
09-30-2009, 02:45 PM
I din't ask for rep -_-

Sasori_X
10-01-2009, 11:37 AM
This is getting annoying, I keep getting repped down for stating my opinion. :(

So what now, I can't express my opinion on anime shows without having the fear of someone lowering my rep. It would be very helpful if they can actually show who reps you up or down so you can go talk to them or something.

Toma RNK
10-01-2009, 11:44 AM
This is getting annoying, I keep getting repped down for stating my opinion. :(

So what now, I can't express my opinion on anime shows without having the fear of someone lowering my rep. It would be very helpful if they can actually show who reps you up or down so you can go talk to them or something.

No system can account for pure stupidity. I'm sorry to hear this is happening.

I still think it is better to have rep AND post count as metrics as opposed to just post count (as that encourages post farming and spamming.)

Sasori_X
10-01-2009, 11:53 AM
No system can account for pure stupidity. I'm sorry to hear this is happening.

I still think it is better to have rep AND post count as metrics as opposed to just post count (as that encourages post farming and spamming.)

I am actually totally against just having post counts determine your rank as well. A lot of people do in fact just spam the heck out on forums just to have high ranks. That annoys me, then again a lot of stuff annoy me so I guess its just me. Though I am not against the ranking system either, but it can be abused (anything can be abused so I guess I can't argue with that.)

<Aurega?>
10-01-2009, 12:21 PM
I am actually totally against just having post counts determine your rank as well. A lot of people do in fact just spam the heck out on forums just to have high ranks. That annoys me, then again a lot of stuff annoy me so I guess its just me. Though I am not against the ranking system either, but it can be abused (anything can be abused so I guess I can't argue with that.)

Well, post count is almost universal in all forums, but it's a poor way to rate users, so the reputation system was added. That way, spam users will get downrepped a lot, and thus have less rep, while people who only post the occasional uberawesome post will gain a lot of rep.

Toma RNK
10-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Sadly with over 13,000 members and 2 mods, we have to rely on some automated system, and post could AND rep are the only two measurable automated metrics available.

They come to an OK balance, but its the best that can be managed at this time. Any better system would either be at the whims of a few users, or take so much of the mods time they can do nothing useful.

Sasori_X
10-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I have a quick question. When you look up your User CP, the green means that they rep you up and red means they rep you down. But what does the blue color mean?

Rasendori's Aesir
10-01-2009, 04:44 PM
blue means someone with less than 50 posts reps you up