PDA

View Full Version : deathnote live action movies

*ichigorukiafan*
04-07-2009, 03:31 PM
have any of u guys seen the deathnote live action movies dubbed? ive seen them subbed but not dubbed. r they any good dubbed?

itasan
04-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I watched them both dubbed in theaters--and am eagerly awaiting L Save the WorLd!

Rem's voice in the second dubbed one is very fun. ^-^ But other than that it's just the same voices from the dubbed anime, so it depends on what you think of that. :/

Miles Edgeworth
04-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah it's the same as the dub anime voices. I think that they were pretty good, but I only saw the 2nd movie dubbed and the 1st and 3rd movies were subbed when I saw them.

*ichigorukiafan*
04-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I watched them both dubbed in theaters--and am eagerly awaiting L Save the WorLd!

Rem's voice in the second dubbed one is very fun. ^-^ But other than that it's just the same voices from the dubbed anime, so it depends on what you think of that. :/ i really wanna see L save the world dubbed! but the only theater close to me is 2 hrs away :( . at least i own the movie with english subtitles. and that's cool that voices are the same from the anime. i didnt know that. i wanna see it dubbed now then. thanx! :D

itasan
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM

Rem's voice in the second dubbed one is very fun. ^-^ But other than that it's just the same voices from the dubbed anime, so it depends on what you think of that. :/ i really wanna see L save the world dubbed! but the only theater close to me is 2 hrs away :( . at least i own the movie with english subtitles. and that's cool that voices are the same from the anime. i didnt know that. i wanna see it dubbed now then. thanx! :D

I was so excited when I learned the theater just 30 mins from me was going to show the dn movies. XD

*ichigorukiafan*
04-08-2009, 03:36 PM

I was so excited when I learned the theater just 30 mins from me was going to show the dn movies. XD wat?! 30 min from u? thats soooooo unfair lol. ur so lucky. o btw the 3rd deathnote movie is kinda creepy so be ready to be freaked out lol.

itasan
04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
wat?! 30 min from u? thats soooooo unfair lol. ur so lucky. o btw the 3rd deathnote movie is kinda creepy so be ready to be freaked out lol.

I will keep that in mind. :)

The second one was so funny...L's mask was the best. :lol:

Black King
04-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Yes L's mask was great. 8-) It was annoying watching it dubbed, with the mouths not matching words, but it was still good.
I don't like how they screwed up the story-line though.

itasan
04-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Yes L's mask was great. 8-) It was annoying watching it dubbed, with the mouths not matching words, but it was still good.

I felt they did a really good job with the story line...It was like they kept it really close, while still adding little tweaks in the plot so that people who'd already seen the anime were still surprised. And I though Light's death was way better in the movie...L's too at that. x3

*ichigorukiafan*
04-11-2009, 09:21 PM

i actually liked how they changed it. it made the movie more intersting and suprising. i liked the new endings of each movie.

itasan
04-12-2009, 12:15 PM

i actually liked how they changed it. it made the movie more intersting and suprising. i liked the new endings of each movie.

*nod*

The chips thing at the end of the first movie was BRILLIANT! xD

kakashigirl
05-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I like the movie ending better than the anime!!! And I love both the dubbed and subbed of the movies, but I rather watch with the subs.

Black King
05-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Did anyone think it was weird that they put The Red Hot Chili Peppers in it? :|

itasan
05-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Did anyone think it was weird that they put The Red Hot Chili Peppers in it? :|

OH.MY.GOD that was so wierd. xDD I just like burst out luaghing and was like "what the heck??" Then my friend and i were cheering when that wasn't the end for the third one. xD

Which I saw last thrus, and which was very creepy by the way. xD

And [s:2uhoj150]my other friend[/s:2uhoj150] random person I don't know at all screamed "Kira is gay" (as an insult, not proclaimation of yaoi ;) ) during the credits. Dead silence, I swear. :lol: We're still trying to convince her that half the Death Note fanbase has a hit out for her. xD

Black King
05-04-2009, 01:46 PM
It wasn't my friend but when I saw it in theatres someone said something like that too. xD
Something like..."Kira will kill you with his gayness!"

kakashigirl
05-04-2009, 01:47 PM
the guy that played light and L were both hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itasan
05-04-2009, 01:59 PM
the guy that played light and L were both hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamelessly agree with that one. xD

It wasn't my friend but when I saw it in theatres someone said something like that too. xD
Something like..."Kira will kill you with his gayness!"

But the way she said it was so harsh--we were pretty sure someone was going to mug us on the way out. xD one kid even yelled back "kill the non-believer!" I'm pretty sure he was at least half joking, but you never know... :D

Zoezelda
05-19-2009, 01:32 PM
have any of u guys seen the deathnote live action movies dubbed? ive seen them subbed but not dubbed. r they any good dubbed?

Wait... THERE'S DEATH NOTE MOVIES?!?!?

I only watch the japanese episodes on Hulu....
:( :( :( :(
NO FAIR!!!

Black King
05-19-2009, 01:56 PM

If you buy the DVD's, which are out, they have that option.
When they play it in thatre's it's usually exclusive for 2 nights. The first night is usually subbed the second dubbed. I saw it dubbed the second night in theatres and have the movies.
:mrgreen:

It's weird because their words don't match their mouths but it's still good dubbed.

itasan
05-19-2009, 04:41 PM

If you buy the DVD's, which are out, they have that option.
When they play it in thatre's it's usually exclusive for 2 nights. The first night is usually subbed the second dubbed. I saw it dubbed the second night in theatres and have the movies.
:mrgreen:

It's weird because their words don't match their mouths but it's still good dubbed.

Ken'ichi makes those movies--he is such an amazing actor. xD He was seriously perfect for the L role. :D

Black King
05-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I can never remember Ken'ichi's last name! >/

itasan
05-19-2009, 05:09 PM

Lol, I don't even try--names are not my strong suit. You would not believe how long it took me to get Kishi's!! >o

I only remember Ken'ichi cuz its such a fun name! :o

Black King
05-19-2009, 05:14 PM

Lol, I don't even try--names are not my strong suit. You would not believe how long it took me to get Kishi's!! >o

I always remember it because it has an apostrop--(Fails at spelling this word) in the middle of Ken, the gay man barbie, and Ichi. Like one... :|

Isn't his last name like...Iwamatsu er something? Wait that's the new last name of Raye Penber...I can't remember! :x

itasan
05-19-2009, 05:18 PM

I always remember it because it has an apostrop--(Fails at spelling this word) in the middle of Ken, the gay man barbie, and Ichi. Like one... :|

Isn't his last name like...Iwamatsu er something? Wait that's the new last name of Raye Penber...I can't remember! :x

*has absolutely no idea who Raye Penber even is*

*nod* Uh-huh, yeah. Just smile and nod. :D

Black King
05-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Raye is the FBI person that stalked Light. They changed his last name to Iwamatsu in the movie. I guess there's a guy with the exact name "Raye Penber", so they had to change it.

itasan
05-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Raye is the FBI person that stalked Light. They changed his last name to Iwamatsu in the movie. I guess there's a guy with the exact name "Raye Penber", so they had to change it.

That's right! I remember whats-her-face screaming about "Raye" now. ....I just cannot remember her name. xD

Oh god, these names...

...*must pause to take in irony of statement* :shock:

Black King
05-19-2009, 05:30 PM

That's right! I remember whats-her-face screaming about "Raye" now. ....I just cannot remember her name. xD

Oh god, these names...

Uhmmm......Takada? I think? Gah, I can't remember either! Dx

itasan
05-19-2009, 05:34 PM

Oh god, these names...

Uhmmm......Takada? I think? Gah, I can't remember either! Dx

yeah I think that's it! Niomi...or not...takada is one of the cops apparently? :? oh, no, she's that chick light dates! the newscaster. (searched it)

arg, so many people! ><
xD

itasan
05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Naomi Misora

Lol, I got the first name right. xD

Thank you..."Yahoo Shop" randomly. xD

Black King
05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Argh! I read your post above the last one and I had the name in my head but you already said it! xD

Light dates Takada?! :shock: I thought they were just partner's in crime.

itasan
05-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Argh! I read your post above the last one and I had the name in my head but you already said it! xD

Says something to the effect of "you will be my queen/goddess in the new world" (thus proving he is a man hoe, since Misa thinks they're getting married at that point. xD) Yeah, I totally think they do date...

Black King
05-19-2009, 05:57 PM

Says something to the effect of "you will be my queen/goddess in the new world" (thus proving he is a man hoe, since Misa thinks they're getting married at that point. xD) Yeah, I totally think they do date...

I don't remember that! :shock:
Too bad there weren't little baby Light's and Misa's xD The world would be in major trouble then :o Full of baby man hoes and divas.

itasan
05-19-2009, 05:59 PM

I don't remember that! :shock:
Too bad there weren't little baby Light's and Misa's xD The world would be in major trouble then :o Full of baby man hoes and divas.

Who, don't forget, are dangerously insane! Omg, it would be awesome. xD

Black King
05-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Haha! "The baby Yagamis' are coming! The baby Yagamis' are coming! Don't let them see your face or you'll die!" xD

Yajyuu Mikazuki
05-19-2009, 06:05 PM
I didn't know they existed *heart attack* Do the shinigami look awesome?!?!

itasan
05-21-2009, 02:43 PM
I didn't know they existed *heart attack* Do the shinigami look awesome?!?!

Haha, actually....xDD

Let's just say digital animation isn't exactly the strong point of the japanese movie industry. :lol:

But Rem is actually really awesome in the movies--and recognizably male! :o

Agent Spectre
05-23-2009, 01:56 AM

The only thing Light loves is the Death Note... proven time and time again when he almost stuck it down his pants while talking about how he needed "a corset or something" to strap it to his body. >_>

I loathe that kid with all of my being.

I also loathe live action movies... I think they are a disgrace and spit upon the original works. There is absolutely NO reason to turn anything into live action. Seriously WTH is the obsession with this?

My disdain aside... I enjoyed the adaptation for what it was. They managed to succeed in making me hate Light more (especially with what happens to Naomi in this version)... and I'm glad to see the personalities were more true to the manga than the anime was (most noticeably with L's random playfulness).

I only went and saw in theaters because I was utterly bored. T_T

itasan
05-23-2009, 11:34 AM

The only thing Light loves is the Death Note... proven time and time again when he almost stuck it down his pants while talking about how he needed "a corset or something" to strap it to his body. >_>

I loathe that kid with all of my being.

I also loathe live action movies... I think they are a disgrace and spit upon the original works. There is absolutely NO reason to turn anything into live action. Seriously WTH is the obsession with this?

My disdain aside... I enjoyed the adaptation for what it was. They managed to succeed in making me hate Light more (especially with what happens to Naomi in this version)... and I'm glad to see the personalities were more true to the manga than the anime was (most noticeably with L's random playfulness).

I only went and saw in theaters because I was utterly bored. T_T

D:

Spectre-san!! How could you say such cruel things about my Lighty-liiight!! :cry:

I like live-action adaption just because it gives a third excuse and form in which to enjoy the original thing. xD But that, of course, is asuming they don't rape the original.

chihiro_428
05-25-2009, 02:40 PM
i've never seen the action movie thing what ever you call it i've only seen the regular anime shows

Taker369
05-25-2009, 03:24 PM
are these movies worth buying on dvd i saw them at walmart and are they english dubbed ?

Black King
05-25-2009, 03:53 PM
are these movies worth buying on dvd i saw them at walmart and are they english dubbed ?

Maybe, maybe not...everyone has their own opinions about it. :|
And yes they're dubbed.

SRhyse
05-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I thought they were a train wreck, but in an 'bad movie' / 'enjoyable' kind of way, like the Super Mario Brothers, Resident Evil or Mortal Kombat movies.

chihiro_428
05-25-2009, 04:57 PM
.....i'm lost but thats ok =^.^=

Taker369
05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
so i'm better watching the anime ?

Black King
05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Well, If you've seen the whole seiries...the movie is just...blah. They change a couple things, but other than that it's exactly the same.
The third movie might be worth buying though. It's a whole new part of DeathNote in a way. :|

Taker369
05-25-2009, 08:29 PM
i heard everyone loves L .

Black King
05-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah, his actor looks and acts just like him. :mrgreen: He's what adds the life to the movie. If there wasn't any L then there wouldn't be humor in the movie. :|

Taker369
05-27-2009, 10:45 AM
why did they kill L off in the anime ?

Black King
05-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Because it happened in the Manga. It's just the story. Sadly. :|

chihiro_428
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
it is sad L rules

Taker369
05-27-2009, 10:46 PM
i wonder if death not will have sequel ?

2hyper4u AKA Sloth
05-28-2009, 09:29 AM
i wonder if death not will have sequel ?
I highly doubt it...
Death Note was one of those suspensive, yet short, anime series. The fact that Ohba and Obata killed off most of the main characters pretty much shows that the anime is over for good... although they could completely go off in another direction with something different in the plot but keep the scheme the same. Who knows? But from all the facts and evidence, I'm guessing that it's over :roll:

Taker369
05-28-2009, 10:31 AM
depends though if the fans want it to end ;) .

2hyper4u AKA Sloth
05-28-2009, 12:02 PM
it also depends on the mangaka's willingness to continue

I know Obata does a lot of other series too, so he may be too busy

Taker369
05-29-2009, 07:41 PM
i got idea let viz sell death note to 4 kids so we can have another new anime to watch called dissapear note LOL jk.

Black King
05-30-2009, 10:28 AM
it also depends on the mangaka's willingness to continue

I know Obata does a lot of other series too, so he may be too busy

Takeshi Obata is just the illustrator of the Manga.
Tsugumi Ohba, the author, is the one they'd need permission from.

UzumakiRLP
06-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Ahem. Back on topic I guess.

Actually, I never got to see the Death Note movies. I tried looking for the first Death Note film at Best Buy but never found it, and was gonna end up getting Jak II for the PS2 (until I decided to snatch the Naruto 2 movie)

FYI: This was when it was nearing the end of 2008, pretty much the beginning of '09.

I have been eager to see the movies because they seem good. Wait what am I saying I like Death Note of course they'll be great.

*ichigorukiafan*
06-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Ahem. Back on topic I guess.

Actually, I never got to see the Death Note movies. I tried looking for the first Death Note film at Best Buy but never found it, and was gonna end up getting Jak II for the PS2 (until I decided to snatch the Naruto 2 movie)

FYI: This was when it was nearing the end of 2008, pretty much the beginning of '09.

I have been eager to see the movies because they seem good. Wait what am I saying I like Death Note of course they'll be great.

u can buy the deathnote movies at hot topic

*ichigorukiafan*
06-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Maybe, maybe not...everyone has their own opinions about it. :|
And yes they're dubbed.

if u buy the movie u can choose to watch it dubbed or subbed

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-25-2009, 10:20 AM
I heard of the movie, but I'm not watching it.

*ichigorukiafan*
06-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I heard of the movie, but I'm not watching it.

why not? its such a great movie!

Darkest-Yang
06-25-2009, 10:26 AM
I really want that movie death note was awesome

*ichigorukiafan*
06-25-2009, 10:55 AM
I really want that movie death note was awesome

u should go buy it! its available in hot topic

DestinyMan
06-25-2009, 11:14 AM
the dubbed voices are the same as the anime but they still bring something new.