PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: VIZ needs to get off their butts!

Itachi Uchiha
06-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Okay, we all want Naruto Shippuden English Dubbed to come out and we have been waiting forever. They came out with this SHIPPUDEN site last year and I expected dubbed to come out in a month or two. But we have been waiting months. All VIZ needs to do is do some english voiceover of the original episodes!!! Honestly it's not that hard. They are just taking their time with this when we could have had dubbed and be on at least episode 20. Please post if you agree and we can make VIZ do their jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Toma RNK
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
They have been dubbing for a long time. This was confirmed by a forum user and her conversation (via email) with kakashi's voice actor. It is obvious there is some business or legal reason for the delay.

Due to the delay they appear to be providing the subbed eps to us all for free.

Some people cannot be pleased.

Anbu-Phoenix
06-02-2009, 12:17 PM
your gonna get banned :|
for the name

naruto35
06-02-2009, 01:59 PM
viz media is now on sony psp

KyuubiAkatsuki
06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
okay i put the riot one cus i like that song lol!

but on the real matter, idk, some ppl say they're dubbing like hecka episodes now so when they put shippuuden there would be like hecka episodes on the way, and others say that naruto isnt going to be on cn anymore, so idk

NARUTARD93
06-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Viz has been dubbing the series for a while now. They can't air it on TV yet because Cartoon Network has the broadcasting rights to the series. So as soon as Cartoon Network figures everything out with what is it is that they actually want to show you'll get to see it. You really can't blame Viz for any of this.

TucanaTheToucan
06-02-2009, 11:00 PM
I understand all of the anger against Cartoon Network.
It seems that Cartoon Network only cares about what teeny-boppers watch and not the anime fans.
Viz Media cares for their targeted audiences but the only one that is in the way is Cartoon Network.
I think it's time for Viz Media to make a channel for all of it's dubbed anime.
Is anyone with me on this?

KyuubiAkatsuki
06-02-2009, 11:07 PM
It seems that Cartoon Network only cares about what teeny-boppers watch and not the anime fans.
Viz Media cares for their targeted audiences but the only one that is in the way is Cartoon Network.
hell yea! Viz deserves its own channel!

Toma RNK
06-02-2009, 11:13 PM
CARTOON NETWORK WILL CANCEL NARUTO BECAUSE THEY'RE ANIME HATING, RETARDED, ******* *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST MOVE THE SHOW TO ADULT SWIM VIZ. IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD. GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been holding back on this but you DO realize that Adult Swim and CN are owned by the same parent company (warner) right. Yes they are owned by two different subsidiaries of warner.

Cartoon Network is a cable television channel that began in America, but eventually found its way into Europe, Australia and South America. The network was founded by Turner Network Television upon the acquisition of the MGM film library (which included old Warner Bros. cartoons) and the Hanna-Barbera.

AdultSwim is part of the Turner Sports and Entertainment Digital Network.

Different arms of the same monster. The same monster who made the decision to go away from anime in the first place.

If you are going to be so loud, do some research.

SasukeDiedInMyArms
06-03-2009, 04:29 AM
I kinda like not having dube. Then I can jam out to my MP3 player and read my precious anime at the same time.

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 05:03 AM
Yes, so quit nagging.

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 08:07 AM
viz is working very hard and they care about their fans and naruto so dont say they are not trying because they are putting in 100% :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jounin
06-03-2009, 08:47 AM
maybe cn is developing the new shows so then theyl put a new area like migusi or toonami and put new anime with naruto, but you guys need to stop complaining

animelover
06-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Cartoon Network is not an anime network, like their title says they are for cartoons

jounin
06-03-2009, 08:52 AM
then why they had anime in the past

animelover
06-03-2009, 08:54 AM
then why they had anime in the past
that was on toonami and adult swim, it doesn't really count as C.N. but i know how u feel

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 08:56 AM
i dont get why toonami just doesnt make their own tv channel and call it toonami and air only anime

jounin
06-03-2009, 08:56 AM
maybe theyl bring toonami back or another section with a new name

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 08:58 AM
it would be better if toonami just doesnt make their own channel and air anime

jounin
06-03-2009, 09:00 AM
toonami is part of cn

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 09:01 AM
not anymore because they canceled it now they have no right to it

jounin
06-03-2009, 09:05 AM
but thats a name that cn made

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 09:07 AM
yes cn made the name which means they have the right to it but then when cn canceled it now they are releasing it including the name so now somebody i dont care can make an all anime channel and call it toonaim and not get in trouble or sued

jounin
06-03-2009, 09:08 AM
ok but I still think cn will make a new area for anime

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 09:11 AM
i hope they do but its not very likely

*ichigorukiafan*
06-03-2009, 09:19 AM

wat? it is? no its not. i wish it was though

jounin
06-03-2009, 09:23 AM

wat? it is? no its not. i wish it was though
in e3 they said that viz will work with sony

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
what do u mean viz is now on ur sony psp

jounin
06-03-2009, 09:26 AM
its not that its that viz will work togheter with sony so maybe naruto in blue ray or games only for ps3 and psp,''projects''

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-03-2009, 09:29 AM
How?

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 09:29 AM
that would be awesome naruto ultimate ninja 5 on the ps3 the graphics would be amazing

jounin
06-03-2009, 09:30 AM
that would be awesome naruto ultimate ninja 5 on the ps3 the graphics would be amazing
theres already a naruto ps3 game called naruto ultimate ninja storm

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
yep but im talking about un5 that hasnt come out yep in japan its on the ps2 but maybe in the US they can put it on the ps3

jounin
06-03-2009, 09:34 AM
I prefer ultimate ninja storm because the battle areas are more movement

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 09:39 AM
true i like how the area where u fight is so big

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Same with me.

Hidan
06-04-2009, 12:04 AM

I hope that they make Ultimate Ninja 6 like storm, I can totally see how Hidan and Kakuzu would be played out...

MCJiraiya
06-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Get real, you guys. Dubbed sucks! Don't you want to watch and hear it the way it was originally presented??? I mean, when you hear the Simpsons dubbed in some foreign language, and you hear the creepy voice that comes out instead of Homer's, doesn't that disturb you?

True anime fans prefer subtitled, or you learn the language. Dubbed is for the true lazy-ass.

Just my opinion.

Toma RNK
06-04-2009, 12:51 AM
While I prefer subbed as well, I disagree. I can see why people like both.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Well, there's no need to insult those of us who enjoy dub better. We're still true anime fans =)

MCJiraiya
06-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Well, there's no need to insult those of us who enjoy dub better. We're still true anime fans =)

Okay, brother... no insult intended. But seriously, the day you hear Homer done by some goofy Spanish guy who doesn't even sound one bit like Homer, you will quit liking dubs! :D

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Haha, well, I hate the Simpsons anyway.

Agent Spectre
06-04-2009, 01:56 AM
Get real, you guys. Dubbed sucks! Don't you want to watch and hear it the way it was originally presented??? I mean, when you hear the Simpsons dubbed in some foreign language, and you hear the creepy voice that comes out instead of Homer's, doesn't that disturb you?

True anime fans prefer subtitled, or you learn the language. Dubbed is for the true lazy-ass.

Just my opinion.

I've stated my thoughts about Subs and Dubs on another topic.
However I find this offensive enough to warrant a shorter post here.

BOTH do have their merits. I support Subs over all because I enjoy the original presentation... it's normally much nicer.
However I enjoy watching the Dubs, and would prefer to see the Dubs first. Why?
1. This is animation. Anime series like this may not have the best reputation for having the best or most fluid animation, but I enjoy WATCHING the show and paying attention to all the visual details. If you have to read... some of this is missed. Sure you see it in your peripheral vision... but whatever happened during the short time you were reading, you'll never see it clearly (yes I'm a sucker for extreme examination and details.) The Dub lets me enjoy the story and the artwork at the same time.
2. Sometimes your right... the foreign voice acting and direction is sub-par.. I'd rather accept that version first.. and then hear the appropriate original Japanese so I am accepting towards both (read not furious that they butchered a voice)

But you know what? Not all dubs are even that bad. Naruto is one of my favorite dubs especially for the similarities of the voices, I'm astonished! Then there are quite a few dub voices that are rather drastic changes that I like better or are think are equally suited to represent that character. Shino and Orochimaru for two. They sound next to nothing like their original counterparts, but damn if they aren't great voices for those characters.

If you want to talk about tragic... look at the way some publishers like VIZ ( no offense) mar the original drawings to either censor or insert Americanized sound effects. Everything has it's pluses and minuses... It may make for a more dramatic read when you can actually read the stylized word, but it alters the artwork a lot of the time. Other publishers do not touch the art and merely add a small translation next to the effect. It's less exciting to read, but ::shrugs::.

age54321
06-04-2009, 11:28 AM
They are trying, okay? I know it really doesn't seem like it, but your complaining won't help any. And you know they can hear everything you say about them, right? But okay...who I am to know anything. I'm just afraid for the people at Viz. They are probably under sooo much pressure.

Viz, you guys try your best, I know! I love all your other anime, so thank you for that!

seannfma1
06-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I respect viz for these forums

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-04-2009, 02:53 PM
HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T GIVE A ****.

THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY RUN BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Your right.

THAT IS YOUR OPINION AND I COMPLETELY DISAGREE.

Would you please consider writing in smaller font and not being so rude..

TucanaTheToucan
06-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I understand, I'm just as angry as you are.
Cartoon Network will rue the day they cross me! :evil:
They don't understand that I love Kakashi!
They want me to hate, not love. :(

seannfma
06-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Viz I believe is working hard.

MCJiraiya
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I've stated my thoughts about Subs and Dubs on another topic.
However I find this offensive enough to warrant a shorter post here.

BOTH do have their merits. I support Subs over all because I enjoy the original presentation... it's normally much nicer.
However I enjoy watching the Dubs, and would prefer to see the Dubs first. Why?
1. This is animation. Anime series like this may not have the best reputation for having the best or most fluid animation, but I enjoy WATCHING the show and paying attention to all the visual details. If you have to read... some of this is missed. Sure you see it in your peripheral vision... but whatever happened during the short time you were reading, you'll never see it clearly (yes I'm a sucker for extreme examination and details.) The Dub lets me enjoy the story and the artwork at the same time.
2. Sometimes your right... the foreign voice acting and direction is sub-par.. I'd rather accept that version first.. and then hear the appropriate original Japanese so I am accepting towards both (read not furious that they butchered a voice)

But you know what? Not all dubs are even that bad. Naruto is one of my favorite dubs especially for the similarities of the voices, I'm astonished! Then there are quite a few dub voices that are rather drastic changes that I like better or are think are equally suited to represent that character. Shino and Orochimaru for two. They sound next to nothing like their original counterparts, but damn if they aren't great voices for those characters.

If you want to talk about tragic... look at the way some publishers like VIZ ( no offense) mar the original drawings to either censor or insert Americanized sound effects. Everything has it's pluses and minuses... It may make for a more dramatic read when you can actually read the stylized word, but it alters the artwork a lot of the time. Other publishers do not touch the art and merely add a small translation next to the effect. It's less exciting to read, but ::shrugs::.

I can dig where you're coming from, my brother. I use SMPlayer for playback because I can use the arrow keys and bump forward or backward a few seconds at a time, adjust audio timing, interlace filters, etc. I like to see all the action so sometimes with a sub, you have to go back after you know what everyone said. Agreed... it's a pain in the ass. My solution... Learn Japanese. Totally not practical for everyone, but it has been fun (using Rosetta Stone). That's the long-term solution.

My disdain for dubs came after I first discovered Bleach a couple years ago, just before they took it off CN. They were at the point in the story where Ichigo faces Byakuya on that narrow bridge leading to Rukia's prison cell.

Well, when I heard that calm-talking, almost Valium-induced droning English speech from Byakuya, compared to the energetic original representation that I heard on a sub later, I was then glad that the departure of Bleach from CN introduced me to the world of fansubs!

So I can dig your argument and appreciate it. But for me... a dub will never do. I'm WAY too used to dealing with any issues related to the subs anyway.

I'll tell ya what REALLY gets me, though... when subs aren't timed well! I have watched some series where you literally have to babysit the space bar and stop playback on every sub that's a couple lines long so you have time to read it.

Anyway, I guess I'm just a sub-snob. But if you like dubs, you're still okay... I guess. ;-)

MCJ

ironwez20
06-04-2009, 11:04 PM
its been months and still nothing they give us this sub crap and episodes that arent even on the right time as the show

Life AKA Death
06-04-2009, 11:10 PM
well im not trying to get band but they should hurry up

waterlemon-chi
06-04-2009, 11:33 PM

I'm totally with you... ^^

Life AKA Death
06-04-2009, 11:34 PM
they should hurry up

narutorocks
06-05-2009, 08:59 AM
I would like to see dubbed episodes of Naruto, but it's not Viz's fault. It's cartoonetwork's.

And in regards to the title of this thread, I really don't think you should say that when they are doing all this work to provide us with subtitled Naruto Shippuden free.

Chidori Shuriken
06-05-2009, 09:59 AM
It's stupid CN's fault, with the idiotic shows like 6teen, TDI, and then CN thinks no one likes Naruto anymore? I mean what happened to Toonami?

bleachjoj
06-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm totally with you... ^^

Viz put some of their shows on the funimation channel like Honey and Clover, Monster, Nana, Hunter X Hunter, and Buso Renkin. Maybe naruto someday. Too bad naruto couldn't survive their filler run llike Bleach did.

coinmanmat
06-05-2009, 01:57 PM
You know I hope you guys realize this forum is run by Viz, I dont think this thread is going to stay open real long

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Honestly, this is just completely rude and unnecessary. If you hate Viz so badly, why are you at this forum? The 'them' you're going to be handling are the mods and it's not right for you to talk about them when they do their best to please everyone here.

I don't mean to make you angry, but you're getting out of hand.

narutorocks
06-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I have to say, I agree.

I think Viz is doing a good job considering all the legal stuff they have to go through.
And you are on a forum that's run by Viz, so I don't think dissing them is going to get you anywhere, just saying.

SRhyse
06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
We're always looking for honest and constructive criticism, which nothing in this thread has admittedly amounted to. For example:

Viz=Balls is not constructive criticism, and is as far from it as you can get. It's actually pretty easy to make it constructive, however. Just get more specific with it.

For example:

How many balls does Viz=? Why exactly does Viz=Balls? What is it Viz is doing to =Balls? Does Viz = >, <, or = Balls as other companies =? If Viz does = Balls to a significant degree from your pov, how can Viz=<Balls to make you happier?

And you actually are talking to Viz in this, as us official admins/moderators work for Viz.

kakashi842
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
they are doing their best they are awesome

SRhyse
06-05-2009, 03:09 PM
they are doing their best they are awesome
Quoted for truth.

kakashi842
06-05-2009, 03:10 PM
thanks for improving the forum i love it

bleachjoj
06-05-2009, 03:13 PM
I know viz is working their best. We can only wait. The thing is once cartoonetwork canceled toonami naruto had nowhere to go. Cartoonetwork has to find a place to fit naruto. They still have naruto videos on their website so they still care for it.

kakashi842
06-05-2009, 03:19 PM
i hope cn does that

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-05-2009, 08:28 PM
We're always looking for honest and constructive criticism, which nothing in this thread has admittedly amounted to. For example:

Viz=Balls is not constructive criticism, and is as far from it as you can get. It's actually pretty easy to make it constructive, however. Just get more specific with it.

For example:

How many balls does Viz=? Why exactly does Viz=Balls? What is it Viz is doing to =Balls? Does Viz = >, <, or = Balls as other companies =? If Viz does = Balls to a significant degree from your pov, how can Viz=<Balls to make you happier?

And you actually are talking to Viz in this, as us official admins/moderators work for Viz.

You made this really funny on purpose, didn't you? xD

age54321
06-05-2009, 08:33 PM

For example:

Could our lovely moderator be any more right??? I totally agree...

TucanaTheToucan
06-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I still do like Naruto!
It's those jerks at Cartoon Network that's trying to decrease the popularity of the franchise!
I will not be silenced by those tyrants!

TannerB
06-05-2009, 11:18 PM
They have been dubbing it, it'll take time. Be patient and watch the japanese dub with english subs on hulu. It's better that way anyway