PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 486 Debate Thread. (Rep rewards for quality posts)

Shikamaru Nara
03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Are you looking to debate one of your ideas about this chapter? If so, this is the place to do it.

I'm offering rep to anybody who can make a good debate, you can give the rep as well. But please, DO NOT say something like "Yes, I totally agree" in your posts.

Anybody who's open to share their opinion is welcome.

GO!

Hozuki Suigetsu
03-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Does Madara have a Rinnegan or not! In some translations, he says, "Let me retrieve my Rinnegan." In others he says that he needs to go collect it. So does he just swap out eyes or what!!!!
And what was he doing when Zetsu appeared??? His new "ARM" looks wet!

Shikamaru Nara
03-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Well, I think that Madara is going AFTER the Rinnegan because in both translations, it implied that he was going after a Rinnegan.

Zetsu popped out of the water.

Wooster
03-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Does Madara have a Rinnegan or not! In some translations, he says, "Let me retrieve my Rinnegan." In others he says that he needs to go collect it. So does he just swap out eyes or what!!!!
Well I don't know if that's a debating question, more like a clarification. In any case, I think the right interpetation is Madara needs to get the Rinnegan. I have seen two different translation, and both could be read that he needs to obtain it. The most likely source of course would be Nagato's body, but that's hard to say for certain.

Edit: Whoops Shikamaru9 already got to it.

If we are going to have a debate about this chapter, I think the most relevant one would be Naruto's decission and Sasuke reaction.

So what do you think about Nartuo's "Third Way" or as I call it MAD? Was a brilliant idea or more Naruto sophistry? Also, what about Sasuke reaction to Nartuo? It did seem to throw him off balance a bit. I could give my opinion here, but I'd rather let the debate develop before I bias everyone's opinion first.

Lady Tsunade
03-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Honestly I nearly fell asleep reading it. Nothing interesting happened in it :/
Naruto declared he would fight Sasuke,which was already very predictable.
They stood around ,talked,reminisced and explained what their views of each other were. Hopefully the next chapter will have more interesting material

titanMAX
03-13-2010, 01:28 PM
uh...well from what i read he definately wants it but i doubt he'll get it....anyways i thott it was awesome when naruto was all like "we're both gonna die!"but i highly doubt sasuke is gonna become good that would just ruin everything

Hozuki Suigetsu
03-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Zetsu popped out of the water.

His new arm looked slimey and he had to regenerate it because he threw his old one off somewhere.

Seven
03-13-2010, 01:35 PM
What i want 2 know is how.? How is he gonna retrieve the Rinnegan if it is inside Nagato's head/Eye socket.? Maybe he'll get it from one of the 6 pathes of Pain like the Deva, or Preta path. Who knows?

Bioyard
03-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Honestly I nearly fell asleep reading it. Nothing interesting happened in it :/
Naruto declared he would fight Sasuke,which was already very predictable.
They stood around ,talked,reminisced and explained what their views of each other were. Hopefully the next chapter will have more interesting material

Before people were like "Where's Naruto? Where's Naruto?? I'm tired of watching Sasuke fight everybody! This fight is taking forever!!"

Now we have Naruto, no one is fighting, and the storyline is moving forward yet you guys are still not happy? WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT?!?`#(

Hozuki Suigetsu
03-13-2010, 01:43 PM
It's funny how Madara didn't know about Kisame. Zetsu usually relays what happens to everyone by tracking them with a chakra spore or something. He couldn't track Kisame because Kisame had transformed and was in all that water.

DragonX
03-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I actually liked this chapter. My only real spite with it was that Madara stopped Zetsu from doing something interesting.

What i want 2 know is how.? How is he gonna retrieve the Rinnegan if it is inside Nagato's head/Eye socket.? Maybe he'll get it from one of the 6 pathes of Pain like the Deva, or Preta path. Who knows?From what you said, It gave me the feeling that Konan would appear in the arc after this one. And that's something I'd like to see. `:)

Seven
03-13-2010, 01:51 PM
I actually liked this chapter. My only real spite with it was that Madara stopped Zetsu from doing something interesting.

From what you said, It gave me the feeling that Konan would appear in the arc after this one. And that's something I'd like to see. `:)

That would be awesome if she joined the fight against Tobi/madara.

Is Zetsu a perv he was peeping on Madara when his mask was off. lol`o.o"

Shikamaru Nara
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Alright guys, keep it to DEBATES.

mrsticky005
03-13-2010, 05:11 PM

From what you said, It gave me the feeling that Konan would appear in the arc after this one. And that's something I'd like to see. `:)

I disagree. Madara prevented Zetsu from getting Kakuzed by Naruto.
There's hardly any story with Naruto and Zetsu aside from Hey Aloe Vera!
It wouldn't be right to have Zetsu killed by Naruto (at least not yet.)
There is however a history with Sasuke. It is much more interesting
for Sasuke to kill Zetsu because Zetsu betrayed Sasuke before.

Twisterty
03-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Wait, Didn't Nagato Die giving back life to the people of the village?

Hozuki Suigetsu
03-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Wait, Didn't Nagato Die giving back life to the people of the village?

He said he will give life to everyone he's killed. So why didn't Jiraiya come back hmm?

Shikamaru Nara
03-13-2010, 05:48 PM
He said he will give life to everyone he's killed. So why didn't Jiraiya come back hmm?

Because, Pain was speaking of the Konoha Invasion.

Hozuki Suigetsu
03-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Because, Pain was speaking of the Konoha Invasion.

Darn... oh well.

Zetsu will only be killed by Sasuke IMO...
I have no idea what's going to happen in the next Chapter.`o.o"

Shikamaru Nara
03-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Darn... oh well.

Zetsu will only be killed by Sasuke IMO...
I have no idea what's going to happen in the next Chapter.`o.o"

I disagree, I think Zetsu's going to end up being the main Villain because he's so damn ignored!

Hozuki Suigetsu
03-13-2010, 06:07 PM
I disagree, I think Zetsu's going to end up being the main Villain because he's so damn ignored!

But what about Madara and KabutOrochimaru?

Zetsu is mysterious...
He still calls Madara "Tobi" sometimes.
He is always around Madara.
It's strange how both Madara and Zetsu can teleport.

Shikamaru Nara
03-13-2010, 06:14 PM
KabutOrochimaru is barely a concern at the moment due to the fact that he is not involved with the story AT ALL right now.

Zetsu being mysterious has nothing to do with not being the final Villian. And the fact that he calls Madara "Tobi", just means that he forgets. Not relevant. He's around Madara a lot, meaning that he must show SOME importance because Madara is an antagonist at the time. And teleportation is not relevant.

Hozuki Suigetsu
03-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Zetsu being mysterious has nothing to do with not being the final Villian. And the fact that he calls Madara "Tobi", just means that he forgets. Not relevant. He's around Madara a lot, meaning that he must show SOME importance because Madara is an antagonist at the time. And teleportation is not relevant.

But what if Madara created Zetsu?
Madara has a secret lair. There is no telling what is in there. Maybe a lab?
They both can teleport. Madara could've broken down his jutsu and put it inside his DNA.
Zetsu is not from any village. some say he's from Konoha, but thats not confirmed.
Zetsu follows Madara like he's a servant unto him...

Seven
03-13-2010, 06:59 PM
But what if Madara created Zetsu?
Madara has a secret lair. There is no telling what is in there. Maybe a lab?
They both can teleport. Madara could've broken down his jutsu and put it inside his DNA.
Zetsu is not from any village. some say he's from Konoha, but thats not confirmed.
Zetsu follows Madara like he's a servant unto him...

Actually Zetsu is from the Hidden Grass Village.

Kuroda Taishi
03-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Actually Zetsu is from the Hidden Grass Village.

Suspected, not proven

narutonhinataschild
03-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Suspected, not proven

all thats proven is that Kishi can keep all of us jumping you like you don't like you'll keep on reading and letting all know what you think about it Naruto rocks and kishi is a genious and there is no debate about that! `@x)

Cobrinha
03-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Well I don't know if that's a debating question, more like a clarification. In any case, I think the right interpetation is Madara needs to get the Rinnegan. I have seen two different translation, and both could be read that he needs to obtain it. The most likely source of course would be Nagato's body, but that's hard to say for certain.

Edit: Whoops Shikamaru9 already got to it.

If we are going to have a debate about this chapter, I think the most relevant one would be Naruto's decission and Sasuke reaction.

So what do you think about Nartuo's "Third Way" or as I call it MAD? Was a brilliant idea or more Naruto sophistry? Also, what about Sasuke reaction to Nartuo? It did seem to throw him off balance a bit. I could give my opinion here, but I'd rather let the debate develop before I bias everyone's opinion first.

I was actually very pleased with Naruto's "Third Way." Don't get me wrong, I definantly don't want Naruto to die, but I've been waiting since the second half of the series started for Naruto to realize that Sasuke has heard it all before, and words alone can't make him change his ways. Sasuke was definantly a little distraught when he heard this, but I doubt that he'll be to seriously affected from it.

Again, I'm glad that Naruto realizes that he'll have to kill Sasuke. There still is a chance for Sasuke to redeem himself, and that would be to turn on Madara, but as far as Naruto knows, Sasuke has no intensions of doing so. It's just nice that Naruto is finally prepared to kill Sasuke for the sake of Konoha.

all thats proven is that Kishi can keep all of us jumping you like you don't like you'll keep on reading and letting all know what you think about it Naruto rocks and kishi is a genious and there is no debate about that! `@x)

I have no Idea what you just said. This is just jibberish....

Sonia
03-14-2010, 06:00 PM

Nagato could have brought Jiraiya back to life; however, it was too long time since Jiriaiya died, and Nagato was pretty much chakra- exhausted to do so. According to Naruto Fanbook 2 Nagato can bring anyone back to world of living using the Rinne-Tensei jutsu, but how long that person is dead plays a factor since more chakra would be needed to bring that person back to the land of living. And as we know, Nagato was pretty much completely out of chakra with his battle with Naruto, and then when he used Rinne-Tensei to bring back Konoha people back to life.

What I'm intrigued about in this chapter is Sasuke's emotion in regards to Naruto's third decision, and his overall speech. It appears that Sasuke was caught off-guard by Naruto's decision because of his shocked expression when Naruto said he was Sasuke's friend, and was willing to give his life and sacrifice his dream of of being Hokage to save Konoha and to understand Sasuke in the next life. (I'll post a discussion about Naruto's third option later on). Another thing that is intriguing me is how Konoha, rookies, and Sakura, and Kakashi will react to his decision later on / post-Sasuke meeting?

But the one thing that is annoying me is how long Konoha's general population will be unaware of Konoha's role in the Uchiha Clan's massacre?

MoonStarNinja4
03-14-2010, 06:17 PM
With the idea that Kisame is somehow still alive, I wonder if Black Zetsu is with him.
And if that's not the case, where is Black Zetsu?

3littlepigs
03-14-2010, 07:35 PM

Although I wasn't completely satisfied with his decision I don't think we could have expected more from Naruto..he is after all Naruto. Still, I thought he made it very clear to Sasuke that if he goes on to attack Konoha Naruto won't be the only one dying...I'm guessing by Sasuke's reaction he's not quite ready to die yet. He knows based on Naruto's personality and the fact that he still hasn't given up on Sasuke being good again Naruto'll make sure he doesn't die alone.

And also I think Madara will go after Pain's body which means he'll be looking for Konan soon...I really don't see how he could have a friggin' Rinnegan....:|
What i want 2 know is how.? How is he gonna retrieve the Rinnegan if it is inside Nagato's head/Eye socket.? Maybe he'll get it from one of the 6 pathes of Pain like the Deva, or Preta path. Who knows?
I'm pretty sure he can't get it from any of the paths and besides they were destroyed by Naruto or taken by Konan. I think he'll look for Konan so she can give him Nagato's body.

Bohica
03-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Well I think Naruto's decision that he would also shoulder Sasuke's burden and that they would die together is more of Naruto being Naruto. Naruto is willing to die to protect the village and it's people, a sign of a Hokage, also it is in my opinion forshadowing the begining of Sasuke returning from the darkness and relying on Naruto as we see many others already doing. Yet another sign building Naruto as a Hokage type char.

I believe we will see some epic type fight between the two to the point where both are to tired to continue much like the Gara / Naruto fight where at the end Naruto was dragging himself by his chin to keep going to protect those he cares for and thus changing Gara's ways.

Anyway just my opinion all this is forshadowing of Naruto becoming Hokage and the possible return of Sasuke.

valtreck
03-15-2010, 08:00 AM
to get the rinnegan, madara is going to find konan 'cause she has nagato's body. and madara will know about kisame soon. i just hope that orochimaru comes back now.

SageNaruto69
03-15-2010, 08:07 AM
wow we got to see madaras ears! yes! anyway were seeing more and more of tobi. im pretty sure we are going to see madara take off his mask somewhere in the next 10 chapters from now.

tyler
03-15-2010, 10:10 AM
I thought one of the databooks said Zetsu was from Konoha

Vermillian
03-15-2010, 10:19 AM

He is more then likely going to steal at least one of the Finnegan for him left eye. Considering this sharingan tricks are believed to be part of his all powerfulness >_> and as for his wet arm it seems like he might being some sort of absorption technique from the mass in from of him..maybe a part of his immortality secrets

Jinchiruuki
03-15-2010, 10:45 AM

That jutsu only works on those who were killed in that day. Jiraiya had been killed a couple days or more beforehand.

But what about Madara and KabutOrochimaru?

Zetsu is mysterious...
He still calls Madara "Tobi" sometimes.
He is always around Madara.
It's strange how both Madara and Zetsu can teleport.

Zetsu's Mayfly is slower though but he can go anywhere...whereas Madara teleports to a sharingan user nearly instantly...much like Minato's Flying Thunder God Technique but slightly different seeing as instead of using a formula seal on a kunai as a marker like Minato did, he detects sharingans.

I have also been thinking of something. Madara seems to have something up his sleeve for the statement about the Rinnegan...if I am not mistaken, it would seem like he is trying to do what we thought Danzo was...and that is to become the Rikudo. He has who knows how many sharingan at his disposal and if he gets the Rinnegan eyes and combines them with each other, then he would get both powers of the younger and older brothers that would later be the Senju and Uchiha. Senju= Spirit, Uchiha= Power. I am more than likely wrong..but I can't help but think he is trying to do this so that he has no equal in power and to also be able to control the Jyuubi.

Hozuki Suigetsu
03-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Contains Chapter 487 Spoiler...
Well at least we know Kisame is alive now...

SageNaruto69
03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I thought one of the databooks said Zetsu was from Konoha
village hidden in the grass

3littlepigs
03-15-2010, 03:49 PM
wow we got to see madaras ears! yes! anyway were seeing more and more of tobi. im pretty sure we are going to see madara take off his mask somewhere in the next 10 chapters from now.
LOL Yay! We got to see his ears! :p It's true though...at this point anything that gets us closer to us seeing his current face is cause for celebration. ;)