PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Custom Ranks

Sage Mode
05-30-2009, 03:02 PM
I've been getting tons of PM's and seen tons of questions on the forums about custom ranks. Everyone has the question of "When can I get one?"

The answer is you won't, unless you've contributed awesomely to the forums, or perhaps, won a special contest or something. Or, and this is looking far ahead, you are such a long-tenured member of the forums your awesomeness needs to be rewarded.

So please, no more requests.

In the next week or two we'll advance the people who have enough posts to Jonin. But also, keep in mind, there's a possibility that your rank will be reduced if we decide to make it so that certain forums don't contribute to your total posts (forum games and chats, etc.). We haven't decided yet.

naruchiha
05-30-2009, 03:19 PM
man :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Luna Mikazuki
05-30-2009, 03:20 PM
This is understandable

Thank you

shinobi4000
05-30-2009, 03:25 PM
does it really matter? it doesn't bother me if anyone get a special rank and i dont, its just not me

Sensei : Riku Arashi
05-30-2009, 03:27 PM
thank you i too understand

battlehorse
05-30-2009, 03:45 PM
i rose two ranks in one day.

Sage Of Six Paths
05-30-2009, 03:52 PM
So only people with >1500

or even >2000 posts will get special ranks?

I guess that that means that I'm never getting one.

Also, I had an idea that all of the kages of registered

villages could get a special rank. Just a thought...

Nick Tasogare
05-30-2009, 03:58 PM
i think its actually a good idea, because that way people who just post randomness (like i do quite often but am working on not doing that) wont rank up twice a day :P

NaruCookie
05-30-2009, 04:21 PM
whoa...u must have been on this forum for hours.... :shock:

Nick Tasogare
05-30-2009, 04:24 PM
whoa...u must have been on this forum for hours.... :shock:

no, it really doesnt take much. for me and my randomess anyway.... ;( sorry about all my forum pollution........ :)

battlehorse
05-30-2009, 04:26 PM
yeah im new and im going to rise a third rank today or tomorow.

naruchiha
05-30-2009, 04:28 PM
your forgivan nick

Nick Tasogare
05-30-2009, 04:31 PM
your forgivan nick
:oops: thank you......i almost forgot what i had apologized for, but thanks :) oh and to let mods know, on the diner club, or it might be the spa, someone is messing with what people areposting by quoteing them aand changing the words, just thought id let you know :)

yea, im pretty sure its Ninja Pink, and it is in the Forum Spa Club

naruchiha
05-30-2009, 04:33 PM
thanks

battlehorse
05-30-2009, 06:12 PM
only four more to aprentice gennin

jhokage613
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Mods can i please make a suggsetion please do not reduce our posts if you choose to make places like the bath house not count because like me and a bunch of others we have lost many posts aready people in the darkness village i went down from chunin exam particapant to aprentice genin and it took many many hours and days too get my posts back up and the same happened with many others and i don't think it is fair because it is very frusterating too lose all your posts because you have to work hard to get them in a way im probly being a little too obsesive about this but I just wanted to make a point thats all
sprry for any inconvience

Vidda Hatake
05-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Even if some of our posts are 'lost', don't forget why we're all here - to have fun, right?!!! I'll have fun regardless of how many or few posts I have. I hope everyone else will, too!!
Have fun, everyone!!! :D :lol:

Yajyuu Mikazuki
05-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Even if some of our posts are 'lost', don't forget why we're all here - to have fun, right?!!! I'll have fun regardless of how many or few posts I have. I hope everyone else will, too!!
Yay for Mrs. Vidda!

Nick Tasogare
05-30-2009, 10:46 PM

YEA VIDDA'S MY HERO!!!! JUST HAVE FUN WOOHOO!!!!!

itachiuchiha85
05-30-2009, 10:49 PM
I SAY ANARCHY!! idk haha.

no i think you should delete all of our posts, make the bath house and the other "USELESS" places not count towards our rank. make it fair, cause i seen quite a few people that went to 2999 posts in about 3 weeks, just posting "garbage" ive done it too but not to that extent.

Vidda Hatake
05-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Yay for Mrs. Vidda!

Thank you! ;) Yay for us all because we have this wonderful site to 'play' on!! :lol:

Vidda Hatake
05-30-2009, 10:51 PM

YEA VIDDA'S MY HERO!!!! JUST HAVE FUN WOOHOO!!!!!

Thank you, Nick!! You're my hero, too! :D Funtime!!!! :lol:

Nick Tasogare
05-30-2009, 10:52 PM
lol vidda, i have to say in your pic you posted, you look like kakashi if he was a girl, i hope im cool like you when i grow up :)

Vidda Hatake
05-30-2009, 11:22 PM
lol vidda, i have to say in your pic you posted, you look like kakashi if he was a girl, i hope im cool like you when i grow up :)

I think that's the best compliment I've ever had!! Thank you!! :D Even if life gets you down, don't ever, ever forget how to have fun!!! ;)

Nick Tasogare
05-30-2009, 11:23 PM

I think that's the best compliment I've ever had!! Thank you!! :D Even if life gets you down, don't ever, ever forget how to have fun!!! ;)

definly :)

Nick Tasogare
05-30-2009, 11:23 PM
vidda ur so bomb, can i add you to my friend list?

Vidda Hatake
05-30-2009, 11:25 PM

Of course! Thank you! I'll add you to mine as well! :D

Nick Tasogare
05-30-2009, 11:25 PM

YAY thanks

Vidda Hatake
05-30-2009, 11:34 PM

YAY thanks

Gladly! :D And if you ever need me, I'm just a pm away! ;)

evil buzzard
05-31-2009, 12:19 AM
understandable

Spartacus
05-31-2009, 12:26 AM
I think it is kind of sad that we needed to have a topic explaining why people don't have a custom rank oh well I am glad people will stop asking for custom ranks :)

Nick Tasogare
05-31-2009, 12:32 AM
I think it is kind of sad that we needed to have a topic explaining why people don't have a custom rank oh well I am glad people will stop asking for custom ranks :)

didnt you used to have one? apple assassin

Spartacus
05-31-2009, 12:36 AM

didnt you used to have one? apple assassin

Indeed I was called the Apple Assassin for about a week

Nick Tasogare
05-31-2009, 12:36 AM
sorry it got taken away :(

Spartacus
05-31-2009, 12:39 AM

haha I am kind of glad they took it away because I didn't really feel like I earned a custom rank because all I did was take some pictures but I really enjoyed being known as the apple assassin 8-)

waterlemon-chi
05-31-2009, 01:47 AM

haha I am kind of glad they took it away because I didn't really feel like I earned a custom rank because all I did was take some pictures but I really enjoyed being known as the apple assassin 8-)

You had a really cool rank... I was confuzzled why they took it away but now I know...

naruchiha
05-31-2009, 05:45 AM
how did you get to konoha historian watermelon-chi

Space Cowboy Sasori
05-31-2009, 05:47 AM
He won a contest that Black Chidori was running. It was 12 or 13 rounds of naruto trivia. The winner got a custom user rank.

naruchiha
05-31-2009, 05:48 AM
He won a contest that Black Chidori was running. It was 12 or 13 rounds of naruto trivia. The winner got a custom user rank.
i would want to be in it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

waterlemon-chi
05-31-2009, 05:50 AM
I co-won a contest with Toma RNK-san...

naruchiha
05-31-2009, 06:08 AM
I co-won a contest with Toma RNK-san...
lucky :( :( :( :(

shinmarubountyhunter
05-31-2009, 07:11 AM
this is understandable

naruchiha
05-31-2009, 07:13 AM
what

shinmarubountyhunter
05-31-2009, 08:17 AM
r u talking to me if you are i was talking about sage modes post

lj0615
05-31-2009, 08:50 AM
oh!!!! why how does everyone get so much posts

jhokage613
05-31-2009, 09:50 AM
So true thanks for helping me relise that

DonomaruAKAFrosty
05-31-2009, 09:52 AM
But i just started can i still be LOwered :( :(

lj0615
05-31-2009, 11:17 AM
i am having fun it is just i want to be chunin but i am in the 500's while to get to chunin i have to do another 200 and something posts but thanks for making me realise that its about having fun :mrgreen:

Yajyuu Mikazuki
05-31-2009, 11:19 AM
SHE did :D

battlehorse
05-31-2009, 12:02 PM
are there even any jonin leaders

Hidan
05-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Uh I was wondering I made a contest and when someone wins I was considering giving them special rank, of course I can't do that but surly the mods can, okay thanks.

thenagan
05-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanx sage mode now i get it alot better

sage mangekyo
05-31-2009, 01:40 PM
i don't think we should have custom ranks it's really stupid

but really cool

battlehorse
05-31-2009, 03:46 PM
yah

Toma RNK
05-31-2009, 07:49 PM
To those saying Custom ranks should go away:

Consider the feelings of those who have earned them.

To my knowledge 3 people have gotten a custom rank:

Myself for many things, most of which I am not sure how much I can talk about. Basically I am a computer Technician and have solved or helped solve a lot of technical problems with the mods. When you combine my battle system and technical contributions I have easily spent 150 - 250 hours of my own personal time working on something for these forums.

I also did a fair amount of work designing and debating the ranking system now in place

Black Chidori for making 80% of the battle system and basically deciding to make it and just doing it. Easily a 100 hour project. He also ran the first HUGE month long trivia contest at the same time.

watermelon-chi - The mods said whoever won the above mentioned contest would get the "Konoha Historian" Custom title, she didn't get to choose hers, it was a prize.

It is easy to say "you shouldn't have custom ranks cause some people will feel left out." But at the same time, this simple thing (a custom title) is the reward we get for CONSIDERABLE contributions. And it's not like we are going to stop helping after we get the special ranks.

My custom rank is a reward, an acknowledgment of all the effort I put in "above and beyond" just posting on the forum. Suggesting they are stupid or that mine should be taken away is a bit hurtful.

Yajyuu Mikazuki
05-31-2009, 07:52 PM
i don't think we should have custom ranks it's really stupid

but really cool

Yeah, just because some jerk spends 18 hours of his own time helping the mods fix the forum, or 80 hours working on a battle system for the forum, giving him something to feel special is stupid.

Come on people, the drama over this is getting silly. Rewards are nice every once in a while.
I like you Toma

Toma RNK
05-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Gah, you quoted me before I changed my post to something much nicer and more "proper."

Oh well, I stand by both posts, though my edited one is much more descriptive as well as less reactionary.

zachrex33
05-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Gah, you quoted me before I changed my post to something much nicer and more "proper."

Oh well, I stand by both posts, though my edited one is much more descriptive as well as less reactionary.
Yay for Toma for keeping it real and saying it proper. I personaly think that if you think that the custom ranks are stupid and are not fair then you REALY dont understand wat ppl like BC and Toma have done for this forum. Personaly i think they desrve more than a special title, but that just me.

itachiuchiha85
05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
rewards and rewards, custom ranks and more custom ranks. child's play, why can't we all be just equal? no ranks no different special earnings nothing, just your post rank and your village rank thats it, why do people need the "RANK"? WE KNOW WHO YOU GUYS ARE!!! You helped out a lot, GOOD. You came up with the system, GREAT. You are an answer machine for problems in the forum, AWESOME. Do you really need a special rank showing your superiority to everyone else? In the other hand if there are people deserving a rank it is basically Toma and "Birdy" (aka black chidori), you guys have done a boat load for this site and do need to get rewarded some how and a special rank is good, tho i think its a little bit short for what you guys have done here. And to all the envious persons out there that want a special rank just because you have 2000 plus posts, STOP YOUR WINING!!!! you dont deserve one, maybe if you helped a little more instead of running around and posting "I eat this" or "why?" or my favorite one " :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :o " you might deserve one but to EVERYONES knowledge TOMA AND "BIRDY" are the only ones that really deserve one....... so far.

Vidda Hatake
05-31-2009, 08:52 PM

Yay for Toma for keeping it real and saying it proper. I personaly think that if you think that the custom ranks are stupid and are not fair then you REALY dont understand wat ppl like BC and Toma have done for this forum. Personaly i think they desrve more than a special title, but that just me.

It's not just you, dear, I agree completely! They have indeed done a lot of work for us all and we should really appreciate them more! Thanks!! ;)

thenagan
05-31-2009, 08:53 PM
To those saying Custom ranks should go away:

Consider the feelings of those who have earned them.

To my knowledge 3 people have gotten a custom rank:

Myself for many things, most of which I am not sure how much I can talk about. Basically I am a computer Technician and have solved or helped solve a lot of technical problems with the mods. When you combine my battle system and technical contributions I have easily spent 150 - 250 hours of my own personal time working on something for these forums.

I also did a fair amount of work designing and debating the ranking system now in place

Black Chidori for making 80% of the battle system and basically deciding to make it and just doing it. Easily a 100 hour project. He also ran the first HUGE month long trivia contest at the same time.

watermelon-chi - The mods said whoever won the above mentioned contest would get the "Konoha Historian" Custom title, she didn't get to choose hers, it was a prize.

It is easy to say "you shouldn't have custom ranks cause some people will feel left out." But at the same time, this simple thing (a custom title) is the reward we get for CONSIDERABLE contributions. And it's not like we are going to stop helping after we get the special ranks.

My custom rank is a reward, an acknowledgment of all the effort I put in "above and beyond" just posting on the forum. Suggesting they are stupid or that mine should be taken away is a bit hurtful.
thats true you work your butt off here

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-01-2009, 08:39 AM
That is understandable.............

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-01-2009, 11:03 AM
To me, it sounds like the people who think we shouldn't have them are just jealous of those who have them and are mad because they don't have much of a chance of getting one [/opinion]

Rogue Priestess
06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
To me, it sounds like the people who think we shouldn't have them are just jealous of those who have them and are mad because they don't have much of a chance of getting one [/opinion]

that's true ....

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-01-2009, 12:21 PM

that's true ....
I am bored.......

evil buzzard
06-01-2009, 12:31 PM
I dont mind other people having them i use my sig to hold my title its not officle but it works, + it give me some thing to work for.

Rogue Priestess
06-01-2009, 12:45 PM
i know this is off topic, but does anyone here think i should get some kind of custom rank?

i don't mean to sound snobbish or anything, but i think i should. i was the first one to be an antagonist and i'm on this thing all the time.

if you guys think i'm undeserving it's alright.

zachrex33
06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
i know this is off topic, but does anyone here think i should get some kind of custom rank?

i don't mean to sound snobbish or anything, but i think i should. i was the first one to be an antagonist and i'm on this thing all the time.

if you guys think I'm undeserving it's alright.
Im pretty sure u have to be nominated by a mod or at least a council member and saying that u should have one like this out in the open will probably lessen ur chances of getting one

Toma RNK
06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
The council has absolutely nothing to do with ranks. Just the battle system.

Rogue Priestess
06-01-2009, 01:07 PM

it said that if i believe i should have a custom rank, i could post a thread arguing why i should ...

what do you think? do you think i should get a custom rank or something?

Toma RNK
06-01-2009, 01:15 PM

it said that if i believe i should have a custom rank, i could post a thread arguing why i should ...

what do you think? do you think i should get a custom rank or something?

I have no idea what extra work you might be doing for the mods so I can't say for sure.

Based purely on what you have posted? No way. Merits for role play are earned over a lengthy time. The forums haven't been open long enough and the war system isn't even in place yet.

I admit you may be doing extra work behind the scenes like I do which is why I will settle for "I don't know enough to say for sure."

This is why the mods have the authority.

Rogue Priestess
06-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I have no idea what extra work you might be doing for the mods so I can't say for sure.

Based purely on what you have posted? No way. Merits for role play are earned over a lengthy time. The forums haven't been open long enough and the war system isn't even in place yet.

I admit you may be doing extra work behind the scenes like I do which is why I will settle for "I don't know enough to say for sure."

This is why the mods have the authority.

hey, you guys haven't gotten back to me on my application ...

Toma RNK
06-01-2009, 01:26 PM
We are still discussing 3 applicants. All others have been finished. We will post the list of those accepted once the debate is over.

Also didn't you just way you wanted to help if we had anything as opposed to applying? Or did I miss your application?

Rogue Priestess
06-01-2009, 01:28 PM
We are still discussing 3 applicants. All others have been finished. We will post the list of those accepted once the debate is over.

Also didn't you just way you wanted to help if we had anything as opposed to applying? Or did I miss your application?

well at first i just wanted to help, but i saw that you guys didn't want it, so i decided to apply ... i want to be of some kind of use ...

sage_meano
06-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I just started an account for these forums yesterday but i have been looking at this thing for months

Toma RNK
06-01-2009, 01:31 PM
I just started an account for these forums yesterday but i have been looking at this thing for months
Then welcome!

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Coolio!

Nick Tasogare
06-01-2009, 04:27 PM

honestly, im on a lot too, and i help my village anyway i can, just because your antagonist doesnt mean you should be rewarded, maybe if your whole "ORGANIZATION" group had some complicated system, than yea, if you were the one who set it up, you should get one :)

Rogue Priestess
06-01-2009, 04:32 PM

honestly, im on a lot too, and i help my village anyway i can, just because your antagonist doesnt mean you should be rewarded, maybe if your whole "ORGANIZATION" group had some complicated system, than yea, if you were the one who set it up, you should get one :)

well, i was the first to be an antagonist and i did set up the whole organization ...

Nick Tasogare
06-01-2009, 04:35 PM
but what i mean, is that you didnt set up a whole complicated system for the org, and didnt ask for some set off point rules etc. to be put into the war rules for the org.

Rogue Priestess
06-01-2009, 04:41 PM
but what i mean, is that you didnt set up a whole complicated system for the org, and didnt ask for some set off point rules etc. to be put into the war rules for the org.

my organization isn't a village, we're still rogue ninja so all i have to do is keep track of which ninja i have ... what do you mean a whole complicated system for my organization? this isn't the war council ...

Nick Tasogare
06-01-2009, 04:45 PM
what i mean, is that if you needed a complicated system for the org, and you made it, you would be deserving of a title, and for your org not being a village, it is still a group, similiar to the akatsuki, they are the antagonistic group if the series, so there should be some type of special place for you in the system, not just a group or rogues, you do call your self, an organization after all :)

zachrex33
06-01-2009, 04:46 PM
I've been getting tons of PM's and seen tons of questions on the forums about custom ranks. Everyone has the question of "When can I get one?"

The answer is you won't, unless you've contributed awesomely to the forums, or perhaps, won a special contest or something. Or, and this is looking far ahead, you are such a long-tenured member of the forums your awesomeness needs to be rewarded.

In the next week or two we'll advance the people who have enough posts to Jonin. But also, keep in mind, there's a possibility that your rank will be reduced if we decide to make it so that certain forums don't contribute to your total posts (forum games and chats, etc.). We haven't decided yet.

There is no sense in debating if you have TRUELY contributed to the forums, if you have then the mods will recognize you and reward you, period. No ifs, ands, or, buts.

AlexHyuga
06-01-2009, 07:20 PM

I understand. Cause people might put their custom ranks as: Orochimaru. or something like: The best and strongest kage. Junk like that.

Rogue Priestess
06-01-2009, 07:29 PM
what i mean, is that if you needed a complicated system for the org, and you made it, you would be deserving of a title, and for your org not being a village, it is still a group, similiar to the akatsuki, they are the antagonistic group if the series, so there should be some type of special place for you in the system, not just a group or rogues, you do call your self, an organization after all :)

well, yeah i guess that'll be better ... but if i try to ask for organizations they're gonna say that they're gonna have to re-do the whole thing and stuff ...

itachiuchiha85
06-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Getting off topic again. i think you should lock this thread already or delete it.

Nick Tasogare
06-01-2009, 07:41 PM

well, yeah i guess that'll be better ... but if i try to ask for organizations they're gonna say that they're gonna have to re-do the whole thing and stuff ...

yea, maybe it will be some sort of add on.........this isn't off topic at all...... (sarcasm)

<Aurega?>
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah, just because some jerk spends 18 hours of his own time helping the mods fix the forum, or 80 hours working on a battle system for the forum, giving him something to feel special is stupid.

Come on people, the drama over this is getting silly. Rewards are nice every once in a while.

I think you have a better point here actually Toma... xD

But anyways, it's only a line of text whenever you post something. On most forums, the mods don't even bother with it, since it'll take a lot of their time doing something that has no impact whatsoever on the forum. Because once some random person X gets a custom title, everyone and their mom will ask for one.

Custom ranks should only be used for moderators, or people who are "almost moderators" who run their own part of the forum (I assume Toma will be given moderation rights etc to the village wars forums in the future.) Or awarded by contests which require significant participation. The clue here is that only VERY dedicated people will get something unique, and for the rest of us, we'll just have to cope and try to win the next big contest that comes around. I'm pretty sure there will be many contests coming up. Be patient. None of the people who got their custom ranks got it overnight or over the course of a week. Also they all did something significant.

Great if you're spending your time helping out newbies or being active on the forums, but if you're doing it only for a title, you got your priorities wrong, sorry.

In the end, it's only a line of text people. No need to fight over that right?

-Aurega out

Cosesu
06-02-2009, 12:12 AM
What ever you decide to take away post for I think you should keep the village training ground as a topic that contributes to post count for the following reason:

Training Ground (similar to Naruto universe training)+Reputation (From other people watching, especially if they see your fighting skills during the wars)=Increase in rank (Because of reputation alone, or for someone wanting to vote you into a higher rank) Example: Kakashi was a candidate for the next Hokage because of his reputation.

(If there are other examples for someone becoming a higher rank for their reputation in Naruto please consider those as you think about this opinion)

kiba inuzuca
06-02-2009, 01:01 PM
oyo

14blackops14
06-02-2009, 05:36 PM
hey im new how do u get a higher rank????

Kisame
06-02-2009, 05:38 PM

You get higher ranks by posting more. This is the list for how many posts equal what ranks.

Freshmen Academy Student 0-30
Ninja Academy Student 31-60
Academy Graduate 61-99
Apprentice Genin 100-250
Genin 251-400
Genin Elite 401-499
Chunin Exam Participant 500-850
Chunin 851-1190
Veteran Chunin 1191-1499
Special Jonin 1500-2999
Jonin 3000-5999
Jonin Leader 6000+

Note that at Special Jounin you can request a custom rank, and all ranks above are done manually by mods.

Rogue Priestess
06-02-2009, 05:39 PM

forum-wise you have to make more and more posts and sooner or later, you'll become at a very high rank

forum village-wise you have to join a village and after winning a few battles you'll be at a high rank ...

14blackops14
06-02-2009, 05:44 PM
hey dude how do u rank up plz respone
8-)

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-02-2009, 05:48 PM

You get higher ranks by posting more. This is the list for how many posts equal what ranks.

Freshmen Academy Student 0-30
Ninja Academy Student 31-60
Academy Graduate 61-99
Apprentice Genin 100-250
Genin 251-400
Genin Elite 401-499
Chunin Exam Participant 500-850
Chunin 851-1190
Veteran Chunin 1191-1499
Special Jonin 1500-2999
Jonin 3000-5999
Jonin Leader 6000+

Note that at Special Jounin you can request a custom rank, and all ranks above are done manually by mods.

This answers your question.

14blackops14
06-02-2009, 05:53 PM
how do u join a vilage

Rogue Priestess
06-02-2009, 05:55 PM
how do u join a vilage

just go in a village and either pm a kage and if that doesn't work, then post that you want to join ...

<Aurega?>
06-02-2009, 06:07 PM

This part is no longer true. Custom ranks are only given to people who have done something amazing (and put down as much time on working on stuff for these forums as the mods) or given to you when you win official contests etc.

the real kakakashi
06-02-2009, 07:12 PM
tanks I was wondering about that
:ugeek:

Agent Spectre
06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Custom ranks are only given to people who have done something amazing (and put down as much time on working on stuff for these forums as the mods) or given to you when you win official contests etc.

And that's the way it should be.

The thing that gets me... is how much nonsense slips past here in posting.
I've run two popular forums in the past, and right now one, plus contribute enough to another to have earned a Mod title (much like how Toma got his special rank on this forum).
And If your are going to have a raking system based off of posts you can not allow what is going on. All posts in the off topic or any "forum games" section should not count towards our ranking. This is the only fair way I've ever been able to do it in my 3-4 years of experience of administrating online communities.

Heck... on my forums, I even enforce a minimum words per post. It's not perfect, as someone will just add more letter to their spammy post... but it won't just be one word...-_-.. or perhaps they will actually use their brains and post something decent. I know there are only 3 mods here and they have better things to be doing, but I feel they should really get a bit stricter on the rules. I see countless topics out of place... and one word or spam posts that would never live to see the day in my world.

I make long posts... I like to think and debate calmly... I stay in the shadows.
But because of my nature... I suffer in this "rank system". Not only that but people ignore me. Now if I turned one of my long posts into a billion short posts like the others, then maybe I would be the same place as everyone else. However, I should not have to sacrifice my efficiency for anyone or anything.
(the above paragraph is more of a commentary on society than a complaint for this forum....)

So please make your decisions wisely on the future of the ranking system in general.

Nick Tasogare
06-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Custom ranks are only given to people who have done something amazing (and put down as much time on working on stuff for these forums as the mods) or given to you when you win official contests etc.

I've run two popular forums in the past, and right now one, plus contribute enough to another to have earned a Mod title (much like how Toma got his special rank on this forum).
And If your are going to have a raking system based off of posts you can not allow what is going on. All posts in the off topic or any "forum games" section should not count towards our ranking. This is the only fair way I've ever been able to do it in my 3-4 years of experience of administrating online communities.

Heck... on my forums, I even enforce a minimum words per post. It's not perfect, as someone will just add more letter to their spammy post... but it won't just be one word...-_-.. or perhaps they will actually use their brains and post something decent. I know there are only 3 mods here and they have better things to be doing, but I feel they should really get a bit stricter on the rules. I see countless topics out of place... and one word or spam posts that would never live to see the day in my world.

I make long posts... I like to think and debate calmly... I stay in the shadows.
But because of my nature... I suffer in this "rank system". Not only that but people ignore me. Now if I turned one of my long posts into a billion short posts like the others, then maybe I would be the same place as everyone else. However, I should not have to sacrifice my efficiency for anyone or anything.
(the above paragraph is more of a commentary on society than a complaint for this forum....)

So please make your decisions wisely on the future of the ranking system in general.

they already are thinking about changing what posts contribute to the post count :)

Agent Spectre
06-02-2009, 07:17 PM
they already are thinking about changing what posts contribute to the post count :)

I am aware, thanks.
Merely adding my two cents.
Sorry if it was a tad off topic...

Nick Tasogare
06-02-2009, 07:18 PM

I am aware, thanks.
Merely adding my two cents.
Sorry if it was a tad off topic...

oh, i just wanted to make sure you knew so somebody else didnt come and yell at you, telling you to be informed :)

i know people like that, sometimes i can be like that......... :)

Random Trivia:2. Name 3 presidents whom were assassinated.

zachrex33
06-02-2009, 07:28 PM

Very nice and i agree with most of everything you have said, however i think that all post should count every where mostly because people who deserve a custom rank will get one and the 1500 post thing is just a prerequisite or that's how i view it. Also I totally agree that there should be a quota that must be filled for a person to post, and in my experience on forums its usually about at least 15 characters.

Agent Spectre
06-02-2009, 07:49 PM
however i think that all post should count every where mostly because people who deserve a custom rank will get one and the 1500 post thing is just a prerequisite or that's how i view it.

I wasn't talking about custom ranks, which is why I apologized for being slightly off topic.
I thought they said the 1500 post thing doesn't work anymore anyway. Regardless of what's what I don't care about custom ranks, just the ranking system in general which IS faulty if all posts are allowed to be counted.

I don't make my way over to the section where this stuff normally goes, sorry. I'm too busy working two other forums and a website to spend my time contributing to something that hates me anyway. XP

<Aurega?>
06-02-2009, 08:37 PM

You're my new hero! I actually follow pretty much the same guidelines as you do when posting. If a post can be answered in less than a sentence, I generally don't post, unless it's helping out people. Even then, I tend to try to write more to get them used to the system and point them to where they can find more info. Sadly, most people on these forums don't know what capitalization or punctuation means.

PS: are you planning on participating in the village wars?

Toma RNK
06-02-2009, 09:53 PM

You're my new hero! I actually follow pretty much the same guidelines as you do when posting. If a post can be answered in less than a sentence, I generally don't post, unless it's helping out people. Even then, I tend to try to write more to get them used to the system and point them to where they can find more info. Sadly, most people on these forums don't know what capitalization or punctuation means.

PS: are you planning on participating in the village wars?[/quote]

PHPBB3 has some limitations that make this difficult, though I agree with everything you have said. I would be interested in having this conversation in a week, after the rennovations are done.

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-02-2009, 11:10 PM

PS: are you planning on participating in the village wars?
Awesome! :D

PHPBB3 has some limitations that make this difficult, though I agree with everything you have said. I would be interested in having this conversation in a week, after the rennovations are done.[/quote]

Life AKA Death
06-02-2009, 11:13 PM
well there should always be a rank so it is a grate thing to post on u should skip some ranks though :mrgreen:

DarkDevil2K7
06-03-2009, 07:59 AM
thanks for the info but I doubt I will end up with one

kakashi842
06-03-2009, 08:15 AM
i love this website

UltimateUchihaMS
02-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Hmm .. wakata dattebayo.
*makes a wish for having a PSMaster rank*

Toma RNK
02-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Oh no! Attack of the Zombie thread!

Spartacus
02-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Oh no! Attack of the Zombie thread!

Like fer serious this is just plain silly.

Toma RNK
02-24-2010, 10:36 AM
I don't mind when threads come back from the dead, but it was a COMPLETELY different forum back then.

Seven
02-24-2010, 10:38 AM
dont u have 2 be Special Jonin 2 even ask for a custom Toma?

The Demon Zabuza
02-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Ask, and thou shalt not receive.

Seven
02-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Thats wat i thought TDZ

Toma RNK
02-24-2010, 10:41 AM
dont u have 2 be Special Jonin 2 even ask for a custom Toma?

Admins can do whatever they want. But this is generally true.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
02-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Ask, and thou shalt not receive.

This is true. :ugeek:

Spartacus
02-24-2010, 10:43 AM
This thread totally made me feel like a cool guy back when there was only a select few with a Custom rank :D

qwerty456
07-19-2010, 05:47 AM
So only people with >1500

or even >2000 posts will get special ranks?

I guess that that means that I'm never getting one.

Also, I had an idea that all of the kages of registered

villages could get a special rank. Just a thought...

look at you now... you have >3,000 posts! I'm sure I will never get 1,000 posts...

Kon
07-19-2010, 06:31 AM
i wish i had a custom Title/ Rank

Rikudo Sennin
07-19-2010, 07:10 AM
This thread totally made me feel like a cool guy back when there was only a select few with a Custom rank :D

Good ol' days

@JCT's Post Below
-Its qwerty456's Fault .xDD

(reason for not posting this anymore - Preventing Spam)

JCTKNE4E
07-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Speaking of which, this thread is pretty old guys.

The ranks in question have been dished out, and the mods/admins will give them out sparingly when someone really deserves it.

So why not let dead threads stay dead?

Nana Uchiha
07-19-2010, 07:18 AM
So why not let dead threads stay dead?
People don't look at the dates on the thread