PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the NejiHina pairing...

Kage Hyuga-Nara
02-27-2010, 05:50 PM
No offence, but aren't Neji and Hinata cousins? I tend to see alot of NejiHina fans but i keep thinking that pairing is a little strange because they're family aren't they?:?:

Hidden Ninja45
02-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes, they are cousins. This couple is really weird. I don't understand why people like it either.

Kuroda Taishi
02-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Incest is fun! xD

ECW Original
02-27-2010, 05:59 PM
I hate incest,including this,with a burning fiery passion.

darkdemonofthemist
02-27-2010, 06:01 PM
It has been uber long since someone brought that up.

Eventually it might actually happen since everybody in clans look like brother and sister, which is gross.

A Blackened Blossom
02-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Well, this is old time Japan. :\ so it wouldn't be an odd thing to marry within the family. You can think its strange, but thats because its not your opinion, its someone else's. Personally I don't mind that couple, but they aren't my favorite pair.

TOKIE_TOKIE
02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
No offence, but aren't Neji and Hinata cousins? I tend to see alot of NejiHina fans but i keep thinking that pairing is a little strange because they're family aren't they?:?:

Yah thats like INcest right.......if they have a baby it will have like 12 fingers or somethin

A Blackened Blossom
02-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Yah thats like INcest right.......if they have a baby it will have like 12 fingers or somethin

Thats not actually true. The cases where disfigurement is involved is usually with Mother/son, Father/daughter or brother/sister. Kissing cousins don't have a very high risk of disfigurement. :\

Vocaloid
02-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Personally I like it and think it's cute. I think I'm one of the few who truly believe that Love is Love, since most only claim so with homosexual couples rather than all kinds of love. Looking at the Uchiha and Hyuuga clans, it seems kind of obvious that incest is common in them. I highly doubt that Uchihas have to marry someone outside of the family who looks like them, which would kind of be the same thing. (Plus, black hair and black eyes are recessive genes, so if they all married outside, they would be some with Brown, Silver, and maybe even Reds, Pinks, and Blondes too, but there's not). Neji is said to have the strongest blood of the clan in him, and I highly doubt you can have that with an outsider mother.

In Japan it's actually really popular. Incest is common in Japan, even now. It was practiced in ancient Egypt too, between the Pharaohs.

It's even in some manga. You know Fruits Baskets? Yeah, there's apparently some incest love in it, though I can't truly confirm since I've only read about 2 volumes, but it's what I've heard from fans who have. Rin and Len Kagamine of Vocaloid are twins/Siblings (Crypton hasn't confirmed it but it's assumed) and theres a lot of songs with them being a couple, and basically all of these are made by the Japanese fandom (Where most of the Vocaloid songs are made anyway)

TOKIE_TOKIE
02-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Thats not actually true. The cases where disfigurement is involved is usually with Mother/son, Father/daughter or brother/sister. Kissing cousins don't have a very high risk of disfigurement. :\

well arent you the biology expert :P

Rathegon
02-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Couple who went in to that?

Kiko-kun
02-27-2010, 06:19 PM
A thing called Incest

ECW Original
02-27-2010, 06:21 PM
In Japan it's actually really popular. Incest is common in Japan, even now. It was practiced in ancient Egypt too, between the Pharaohs.

It's even in some manga. You know Fruits Baskets? Yeah, there's apparently some incest love in it, though I can't truly confirm since I've only read about 2 volumes, but it's what I've heard from fans who have.
Just because it's common or popular,doesn't mean it's right.

Vocaloid
02-27-2010, 06:24 PM

And claiming it's wrong is also an opinion as it is saying it's right. It's wrong in your eyes but right in mine (As long as it's not rape, of course)

Shikamaru Nara
02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Well, this is old time Japan. :\ so it wouldn't be an odd thing to marry within the family. You can think its strange, but thats because its not your opinion, its someone else's. Personally I don't mind that couple, but they aren't my favorite pair.

I think it's modern day, they do have phone lines even though they haven't shown use of them.

On topic: I don't like the pairing, and I hate inscest wit ha burning compassion.

[Shikamaru]
02-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Personally I like it and think it's cute. I think I'm one of the few who truly believe that Love is Love, since most only claim so with homosexual couples rather than all kinds of love. Looking at the Uchiha and Hyuuga clans, it seems kind of obvious that incest is common in them. I highly doubt that Uchihas have to marry someone outside of the family who looks like them, which would kind of be the same thing. (Plus, black hair and black eyes are recessive genes, so if they all married outside, they would be some with Brown, Silver, and maybe even Reds, Pinks, and Blondes too, but there's not). Neji is said to have the strongest blood of the clan in him, and I highly doubt you can have that with an outsider mother.

It's even in some manga. You know Fruits Baskets? Yeah, there's apparently some incest love in it, though I can't truly confirm since I've only read about 2 volumes, but it's what I've heard from fans who have. Rin and Len Kagamine of Vocaloid are twins/Siblings (Crypton hasn't confirmed it but it's assumed) and theres a lot of songs with them being a couple, and basically all of these are made by the Japanese fandom (Where most of the Vocaloid songs are made anyway)That's sickening.
I'm sorry, that made my stomach turn.
I wonder how you would feel if your Mother instantly wanted to make love to you.
Yea, that's how my stomach felt too. Pure Disgust.

A Blackened Blossom
02-27-2010, 06:32 PM
I think it's modern day, they do have phone lines even though they haven't shown use of them.

On topic: I don't like the pairing, and I hate inscest wit ha burning compassion.

In the first Naruto magazine (where it had all the Naruto information, biographies and whatnot) Kishimoto had something along the lines that it was old style Japan with a few upgrades. XD if you've noticed, none of the electronics they have are up to date, no ipods, or fancy monitoring equipment. So its just a weird mix I guess.

A Blackened Blossom
02-27-2010, 06:34 PM
;2563616']That's sickening.
I'm sorry, that made my stomach turn.
I wonder how you would feel if your Mother instantly wanted to make love to you.
Yea, that's how my stomach felt too. Pure Disgust.

Hm. But thats not what s/he is talking about is it? bothering yourself like that with distorted images, is your fault not his/hers. Im sure s/he wasn't talking about that sort of thing. Especially when you say instant. s/he said love. Love isn't instant, like instant ramen. :\ Think about it before you say something, hun.

uzumakisgirl
02-27-2010, 06:37 PM
yes they are cousins !! i really dont like this paring!! i mean they are related !!

CutieSakura
02-28-2010, 07:54 AM
I really don't know why people like this pairing.
Yeah I know, I agree with you all. It's really nasty. Cousins or not.:| Ew.
That's just..this pairing..>.< *shivers*
I will say something though, Vocaliod is right,along with A Blackened Blossom, in japan incest was allowed. I just hope it isn't in Naruto lol.
NejiXHinata are a cute pair but it's just wrong..
Plus, if THEY did get married and have children, lol they'd have some children with plain appearences.

Zaori Momochi
02-28-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't have a problem with this pairing

Vex
02-28-2010, 08:39 AM
I admit, it's a little creepy but it's not my place to say it's right or wrong. :|

Deadman
02-28-2010, 10:36 AM
like he said!!!

Ninja Pink
02-28-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't get it either,but I guess people like a whole lot of pairings,even if their relatives.:|

SakuraKaulitz221
02-28-2010, 01:10 PM
I dont like this pairing. But, since incest does seem common in clans (to keep the blood pure, and since everyone looks like eachother...) it could end up being aranged for them to be married (ew) but I still dont like it.. Not just because of incest, but because i dont like them as a couple. You love who you love I guess..

HaiJoylikeduh
02-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Isn't that just wrong? I don't like it.
It seems wrong and sick to me since they're a family and cousins. (Not even distant cousins)

Cyl
02-28-2010, 01:42 PM

Well I think that pairing between families in Japan and such was to keep the family clan pure, an outsider and a clan member would make the love child born with unpure blood. So I guess this pairing is to keep the Hyuga clan pure and whatnot, and I guess have a strong clan bloodflow within the child.

I still don't like it though. :P

hatakestar
03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
well whatever the reason maybe its still wrong plus incest is just gross and when neji and hinata ever shown that they like each other and besides people should be with the person he/she loves and not arranged in my opinion anyways

Muffintop
03-01-2010, 07:51 AM
They're cousins so I find it a little strange, but as most people have said who am I to judge.

naruto_jock
03-01-2010, 09:37 AM
I understand why clans are the way they are in naruto because they marry within the family, but wouldnt this couple not happen because Neji is a part of the lower house and Hinata part of the higher house? its Neji's duty to protect Hinata, not to marry her.

Vanish
03-01-2010, 03:15 PM
<snipped - illegal image>
It's kind of cute though isn't it?

ECW Original
03-01-2010, 03:21 PM
1.H*ll no
2.That link is against the rules

Vanish
03-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Oh well... my apologies.

tsuchikage
03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Actually most cultures only consider relationships within the immediate family (parents, siblings) as incest. Relationships between cousins is more widely (though still not universally) accepted. As for having deformed children, the risk of genetic mutation in children from first cousin relationships is 7% (only 2% higher than the risk of genetic mutation in a normal child).

byakuganmaster3695
03-01-2010, 04:16 PM
ya that is a weird pairing because they r cousins and that would be pretty strange

Dark Wolf
03-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I understand NejiTen and even NEjiIno but NejiHina (gross) I agree with the people hating inscent thing it's wrong becuase they are already family not husband wife crap but cousin so I see no point in cousins going out.

kokojojo
03-02-2010, 01:24 PM
...do you have a cousin? now imagine dating and sleeping with that cousin. yeah, not very cute now is it?

tsuchikage
03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Or, people could just realize that Hinata and Neji are FICTIONAL CHARACTERS and get over the pairing already...

KarinxInoFan
03-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Love is love; whether or not they're related shouldn't matter.
Neji and Hinata compliment each other so well, and they would develop each other as characters perfectly. He obviously cares about her much more than Naruto ever could, and since he's a prodigy and she's the heir to the main branch, it is likely that they would be together even if they weren't in love.
They have one of the better, more complex relationships in the series, which is why I enjoy it so much.

Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend
03-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I am not trying to disrespect people's opinions here. If someone here likes this pairing, I'm not going to flame him/her. And if you like it, you go ahead and like it. Personally, I would never, in my wildest, most twisted dreams, even consider incest myself, but I won't flame others for it. The reason I'm not overly fond of it is that, cousins or not, Neji and Hinata simply aren't really right for each other, in my opinion. They've never had romantic feelings for each other; in fact, Neji used to hate Hinata! Don't get me wrong--I AM happy about how relationships in the Hyuga clan have improved. Both Neji's and Hinata's relationships with Hiashi Hyuga and those with each other are WAY better than they used to be, and that's very good. However, it is highly unlikely that Hinata and Neji are in love with each other. If they weren't cousins, the pairing wouldn't be considered at all. Strangely enough, the only reason that it IS considered is that they're cousins. And, there's no proof that Hyugas only marry Hyugas. It's very likely that many do intermarry, it's true. But we don't know if all of them do that. Maybe, Hyugas that don't marry Hyugas aren't officially members of the clan anymore, which is why it appears that all Hyuga children are pure; maybe, it's just that only children of intermarried Hyugas are officially considered clan members. Of course, I don't know this; I'm just pointing out that there's no proof that the Hyuga clan has arranged marriages and intermarriages. Likely, true, but not confirmed. People shouldn't jump to conclusions that Hinata will be put into an arranged marriage with Neji; First of all, if there WAS an arranged marriage, who says it would be with Neji? Many arranged marriages don't occur between people of the same age. I do NOT approve of arranged marriages--I believe that people should be allowed to choose whom they marry, as most people do--I was pointing that out. Second of all, the ways of the Hyuga clan are obviously changing, as can be seen by the fact that Hiashi is training branch-house member Neji. Even if the clan once did believe in arranged marriages, there's a good chance that Hiashi will not force Hinata into a marriage that she does not want. Plus, it seems like two people who don't love each other, and want to be friends/cousins rather than spouses, ending up together would totally go against the theme of this manga.

Sorry for the long post; I've just seen many things like this, and I just wanted to make my whole opinion clear in one fell swoop. :)

Kuroda Taishi
03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
...do you have a cousin? now imagine dating and sleeping with that cousin. yeah, not very cute now is it?

Only because my cousins are not Hot, xD

Vocaloid
03-02-2010, 06:41 PM
I am not trying to disrespect people's opinions here. If someone here likes this pairing, I'm not going to flame him/her. And if you like it, you go ahead and like it. Personally, I would never, in my wildest, most twisted dreams, even consider incest myself, but I won't flame others for it. The reason I'm not overly fond of it is that, cousins or not, Neji and Hinata simply aren't really right for each other, in my opinion. They've never had romantic feelings for each other; in fact, Neji used to hate Hinata! Don't get me wrong--I AM happy about how relationships in the Hyuga clan have improved. Both Neji's and Hinata's relationships with Hiashi Hyuga and those with each other are WAY better than they used to be, and that's very good. However, it is highly unlikely that Hinata and Neji are in love with each other. If they weren't cousins, the pairing wouldn't be considered at all. Strangely enough, the only reason that it IS considered is that they're cousins. And, there's no proof that Hyugas only marry Hyugas. It's very likely that many do intermarry, it's true. But we don't know if all of them do that. Maybe, Hyugas that don't marry Hyugas aren't officially members of the clan anymore, which is why it appears that all Hyuga children are pure; maybe, it's just that only children of intermarried Hyugas are officially considered clan members. Of course, I don't know this; I'm just pointing out that there's no proof that the Hyuga clan has arranged marriages and intermarriages. Likely, true, but not confirmed. People shouldn't jump to conclusions that Hinata will be put into an arranged marriage with Neji; First of all, if there WAS an arranged marriage, who says it would be with Neji? Many arranged marriages don't occur between people of the same age. I do NOT approve of arranged marriages--I believe that people should be allowed to choose whom they marry, as most people do--I was pointing that out. Second of all, the ways of the Hyuga clan are obviously changing, as can be seen by the fact that Hiashi is training branch-house member Neji. Even if the clan once did believe in arranged marriages, there's a good chance that Hiashi will not force Hinata into a marriage that she does not want. Plus, it seems like two people who don't love each other, and want to be friends/cousins rather than spouses, ending up together would totally go against the theme of this manga.

Sorry for the long post; I've just seen many things like this, and I just wanted to make my whole opinion clear in one fell swoop. :)

Thank you for giving a detailed reason as to why you don't like it, different than the 'but they iz cusins so itz wrong!!!!'

Now, I don't actually believe it's canon in any way. I know it's just as likely as KakaAnko or ShikaSaku. I am fully aware of it being crack. And I am fine with this because I like crack pairings.

Now, as for marrying Hyuugas-only, the Hyuygas have their pride, and they seem to be secretive, and would most likely rather not have their abilities go outside of the clan. Plus, with inbreeding, the clan will remain pure and strong. Look at the Hyuugas. They all look alike, aside from the Byakugan. This can also be seen especially within the Uchiha clan. In Madara's flashbacks, everyone looked like him or Sasuke. Even during present time/during Sasuke's flashbacks they all looked alike. The only thing is Neji and Hinata's missing mothers. But chances are, they were Hyuugas, especially Hinata's since Hiashi is of the Main Branch. But it hasn't been confirmed so we may never know.

As for arranged marriages, Hiashi and/or Hizashi were probably forced to marry some woman they didn't like, but once again we may never know due to the Missing-Parent Syndrome series like Naruto has. It would make sense that the clan elders would arrange marriages so the clan would remain pure and their abilities won't get outside.
I however also do not supoort arranged marriages, BUT if both sides actually DO like each other, then go for it. But if they do not love each other, then I say no. I don't want Hinata and Neji to be married if they don't love each other. I DO support them marrying out of love, arranged or not (Since if they are in love, they'd probably marry anyway). If they got married, the clan would most likely support it. But I won't if they do not love each other and are not happy. I prefer the characters to be happy, not miserable.

C4 Karura
03-02-2010, 11:34 PM
NejiHina? O.o... Wow. I've never heard that one before...

shikamarulover18
03-02-2010, 11:42 PM
i don't get this pairing either, amigo. i mean why would they be together??? they're freaking first cousins for crying out loud! that's gross! and hinata should be with naruto jeez.

Naruko-chan
03-03-2010, 12:05 AM
It's very common in a lot of Asian countries for cousins to marry to keep the bloodlines close. How do you think the Byakugan stayed in the Hyuuga family for so long?

Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend
03-03-2010, 03:23 AM
Thank you for giving a detailed reason as to why you don't like it, different than the 'but they iz cusins so itz wrong!!!!'

Now, I don't actually believe it's canon in any way. I know it's just as likely as KakaAnko or ShikaSaku. I am fully aware of it being crack. And I am fine with this because I like crack pairings.

Now, as for marrying Hyuugas-only, the Hyuygas have their pride, and they seem to be secretive, and would most likely rather not have their abilities go outside of the clan. Plus, with inbreeding, the clan will remain pure and strong. Look at the Hyuugas. They all look alike, aside from the Byakugan. This can also be seen especially within the Uchiha clan. In Madara's flashbacks, everyone looked like him or Sasuke. Even during present time/during Sasuke's flashbacks they all looked alike. The only thing is Neji and Hinata's missing mothers. But chances are, they were Hyuugas, especially Hinata's since Hiashi is of the Main Branch. But it hasn't been confirmed so we may never know.

As for arranged marriages, Hiashi and/or Hizashi were probably forced to marry some woman they didn't like, but once again we may never know due to the Missing-Parent Syndrome series like Naruto has. It would make sense that the clan elders would arrange marriages so the clan would remain pure and their abilities won't get outside.
I however also do not supoort arranged marriages, BUT if both sides actually DO like each other, then go for it. But if they do not love each other, then I say no. I don't want Hinata and Neji to be married if they don't love each other. I DO support them marrying out of love, arranged or not (Since if they are in love, they'd probably marry anyway). If they got married, the clan would most likely support it. But I won't if they do not love each other and are not happy. I prefer the characters to be happy, not miserable.Hear, hear! `:D Rep for you (as soon as I'm allowed to give it to you again, that is)! :mrgreen: