PDA

View Full Version : Which is better Shippuden or original.

Deidara22
02-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Title says it all.Just tell me which is the best and why you like it and why it's better.

Vincentino
02-20-2010, 06:41 AM
I like Shippuden, because it gets more involved with Akatsuki and trying to bring Sasuke back, which is basically the main idea of Shippuden. Also everyone is a lot stronger than they were and there is tons more jutsu that are cooler.

Anru
02-20-2010, 06:42 AM
yep Shippuden is the best

Hidden Ninja45
02-20-2010, 03:50 PM
I think Shippuden is better. It has a better story, better characters, new jutsu, and new....a lot of awesome stuff.

senji
02-20-2010, 05:16 PM
yea shippuden has stronger characters with way better jutsu

master kage mode
02-20-2010, 06:47 PM
shippuden because the hidden leaf shinobi is more advance

Kakuzu
02-20-2010, 07:37 PM
In Shippuden, everyone had a major part to themselves. In the Original, everything mainley focused on Naruto's team or Konoha itself. The Akatsuki and other villages are more included in Shippuden. Basically, everything is better in Shippuden!:mrgreen:

Ghostface
02-20-2010, 07:42 PM
I think shippuden is better than the original.

Gimit23
02-20-2010, 07:46 PM
I think Shippuden is better because it advances the story by a lot and it introduces a lot more people.

Inzu
02-21-2010, 04:08 AM
I guess i'll go for Shippuden. Because it is more involved with Akatsuki, which has obviously become the series' main event.
But let's not forget that the original was cool too, even though most of the main characters were still kids. Shippuden wouldn't exist without the original;)

Naruto1229
02-24-2010, 08:49 PM
well, if you did not watch the original naruto series, then you would not know anything about shippuden, in the first place!!!
plus i like the original because it is funnier.
i mean realy think about it.
are little kids funnier or mature teenagers.
ex. South park

but still i am not saying anyone is better than the other. I like them both a lot.

its hard to choose

Senkaimon
02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I like Shippuden better, because there were more characters involved in at least something besides having Team 7/Kakashi do all the work. Also, because there are more problems than just having Konoha be in trouble, there's more involvement of the Akatsuki and the jutsus are more advanced.

VampireCat
02-25-2010, 09:30 AM
I like the original one.
But, shippuuden is ok, too. x)

Urukiora Shifa
02-25-2010, 10:55 AM
I like Shippuden better.

Some may not notice but the animation in Shippuden is better the original and the backround music is better.

Shikamaru Nara
02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
I like Shippuden better, it introduces more characters and gets way more involeved with Akatsuki.

kiba3882
02-25-2010, 03:31 PM
im torn.... the original was funny and had all the characters constantly in and out of it and shippuden has awesome animation and story line..theres much more action but you only see a select few characters every 10 episodes. i cant decide till i watch more shippuden

Vanish
02-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Shippuden

VampireCat
02-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Well, I think the two of them has different things to like. So, I choose both of them.

Rasen_Chidori
02-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Shippuden is much more serious than the original but the original was funnier....
I pick Shippuden.

CarbonFrost
02-28-2010, 07:17 AM
I'd say Shippuden, hands down. That's not to say the original series was bad, though. I have good memories watching it on Toonami.

C4 Karura
03-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Shippuden has much better storylines and twists, and doesn't feel painfully cliched at regular intervals, so Shippuden wins this.

pizza_destroyer
03-03-2010, 03:23 PM
They both have there strenghts & weaknesses, but i like the fights better in Shippuden so i choose that.

Deidara Iwatoshi
03-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I dont know, I would say Shippuden.

mangagirl
03-05-2010, 10:56 AM
shippuden!! yayayaz! teehe

Muffintop
03-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I like Shippuden better than the original, it goes in depth with everything, especially Akatsuki.

Deidara Iwatoshi
03-05-2010, 11:02 AM
shippuden!! yayayaz! teehe
Yea, I know right!!
I like Shippuden better than the original, it goes in depth with everything, especially Akatsuki.
Yea, thats my favorite. The Akatsuki!!!! Deidara is the best!!!!!

6 Stars Gangstas
09-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I really love both. In orignal there was less filler, but in shippuden are more filler. I love them anyway yo.

trouble88
09-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Orignal hand down I the my favor of EP of Naruto 101 gotta see gotta know? Kakashi- Sensei's True Face

ninetailnaruto32
10-01-2010, 09:45 AM
shippuden IMO`:))

Wind Style Naruto
10-01-2010, 11:50 PM
It depends to me:

manga: Shippuden(part 2)

anime: the original(part 1)

Why?

Because Shippuden has a better story however the animators really messed up the animation, dragged things out, screwed up certain things in the anime as well certain story parts, messed up the story with faulty flashbacks, mostly evrything was fan service, and in the omakes and due to overusing fanservice they made Naruto look like.....well whack compared to Kakashi and Sasuke. Not only that when it comes to fights fanservice is used a lot(such as making Hinata's fight with Pain longer in the manga which was like only 1 page of Pain beating te crap out of her and making Kakashi's fights longer than Naruto's). All of Naruto's fights are as they were in the manga(except when he goes Six Tails on Pain and fights Itachi WITH KAKASHI). Most fillers exist for fanservice(the Guren arc was fanservice for Hinata, Tenten, Shizune, Kakashi, and Ino and the current filler is fanservice for Iruka and Kakashi).

Eversince Shippuden started Studio Pierrots have become such sell-outs.

The six paths of pein
10-02-2010, 04:08 AM
i like the og better just because i didnt know about shippuden and i didnt read the manga so me and my best friend use to always wait till the weekends and either tape it because we was partying or just watch then go clubing or whatever we did those nights

Devroux
10-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Shippuden. It has more action than the original Naruto. But the artwork for each fight was better in the orignal. But I'll stand with Shippuden being better.

Sheelah
11-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I actually really like both Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, however, in Naruto Shippuden I like the storylines, and yes the Akatsuki!, as well the better storyline and more action so I guess put me down for Naruto Shippuden.

Anru
11-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Shippuden is best in action and in romance and inpotends reason is that they're older in Shippuden.

sakura2021
11-13-2010, 03:20 AM
Shippuden is the best :)

Uber_Brows
11-18-2010, 05:08 PM
shippuden is alot better for me becouse theres so much fight going on and it involves akatsuki

lolohwd
11-18-2010, 05:10 PM
i think. og naruto was better.

the character development the simple plot. the humor.
their was always more looming
not everyone can mountain bust
there was taijutsu.

Chidorimaster22
01-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Personally I like them both pretty equally. In the original it was funny and it really got me hooked on Naruto, and without it I would have no idea what anime was :P
But Shippuden has more Akatsuki and a really deep story line. It also has awesome fights :cool:
So for me it's pretty even right now :)

Gin
01-08-2011, 07:27 AM
I really don't know what the problem is. They're the same series. People are just taller in Shippuden.

Merechan
01-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Shippuden.

The original had way too much filler and pretty much no point... as sad as that is to say. And Shippuden is just so much more epic-ful. ^^

Throw Rasen-Shuriken
02-01-2011, 04:05 AM
It's really a matter of an individuals opinion on such things... some love the way Shippuden is with the action and other things, whilst others like all the bonding and friendships in the Original, personally I didn't mind the Original, I found more things irratating though in the Original, so I am choosing Shippuden, I like the maturity and what not of the characters and finally stories throughout are making sense, there was too much unknowingness in the Original that annoyed me...

__SandxNinja__
03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
i like the original because there are alot more funny moments (i think...?) and it's just fun to watch -
BUUTTT
i like Shippuden better because you get to see how all the characters have grown, their jutsu's are WAY better, and the fights are more intense x)

Sub-Zero
03-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Both were great. I can't really decide, but if I had to choose one I would choose Shippuden because it had more awesome fights like Naruto vs. Pain and Shikamaru and Hidan. It also included Kakashi Chronicles.

Nicolet
04-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Shippuden since they're all stronger.

Pain-Konan
04-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Naruto Shippuden, it just wasn't as slow in the beginning, and it definitely ended up being more entertaining. Better fights, the plot becoming more great, and more things.

Pain113
04-26-2011, 07:14 AM
well both the original and shippuden are amazing but i would have to go with shippuden cos they made more main characters die which makes it more interesting and then there's the Akatsuki who are just amazing! :D

Wind Style Naruto
04-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Well now my opinion changed.

I prefer Shippuden(anime) more now because well the animation greatly improved and they stopped putting fillers in the fights that make them retarded.

The original was childish so the humor was childish but since Shippuden is mature the humor is mature.

I especially liked it that they stopped with the retarded omakes but now I actually miss them. They brought what little humor the series had.

Rorek
04-26-2011, 09:07 PM
I like Shippuden much better.

rainbowrazor
04-26-2011, 09:17 PM
I prefer the original due to all the bonds that were formed, and all moments with the original team 7 are so nice

KyuubiAkatsuki
04-26-2011, 09:25 PM
I like Shippuuden better, it's pretty much revelations everywhere, darker, and everyone's starting to (excuse the cliche) find themselves

Maikeru D. Shinigami
04-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Aside from the Chunin Exams and Sasuke Retrieval Arc, I prefer all the Shippuuden Arcs over the Original Arcs. The Chunin Exams was my favorite arc, but overall, I like Shippuuden more.

shawnvess
04-27-2011, 02:21 PM
I like Shippuden, because it gets more involved with Akatsuki and trying to bring Sasuke back, which is basically the main idea of Shippuden. Also everyone is a lot stronger than they were and there is tons more jutsu that are cooler.

Exactly

Hakkerokujuuyonshou
05-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I like Shippuden better. Though I really love both parts. XD

GeniusKage
06-04-2011, 05:48 PM
there is no comparison, shippuden is the continuation of the early shows... i love them the same, as the characters get older, they get better with jutsu

White Zetsu
06-04-2011, 06:21 PM
well shippuden has better evil themed music and theme songs but story is a little lacking but for nostalgias sake i gotta say old naruto is slightly better

Realnaruto78
06-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Definitely Naruto Shippuden.
How the storyline is coming to be, all the epicness of the music, especially the music.
It makes it way better then the old Naruto, because personally, when you starting watching Naruto, you learned the basics. Now in Naruto shippuden, you want things to happen or predict things to happen since you already know a slight bit of information about the past.

Sharingan_Warrior
06-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Nauto Shippuden hands down

~Kurdistan~
06-05-2011, 10:25 AM
shippuden is better

Sakura_Haruno12
06-29-2011, 06:17 AM
In terms of humor, the original. In terms of more action and better story line, Shippuden. But Shippuden is still funny at times. But if there we aren't refering to any sort of term then I pick Shippuden. :D

Splurge
07-07-2011, 04:26 PM
I like them equally, However I feel the original had much more humor and better soundtracks.

Graceland
07-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Currently liking Shippuden more, due to how they've grown and the fights being more intense, tho i kinda miss some of the childish humor, especially from Naruto's side :p (Even tho there was abit of that in the latest episode with the Kakashi and Gai rivalry contest) (Talking about the anime, not the manga)

Akuma
07-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Shippuden's going to far. Original goes straight to action and I enjoy their fight scenes alot more. I seriously think Naruto is too long already.

Hidan1
08-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Original and Shippuden are the best. I dont know which one is better. For me both of them are the best. But Shippuden is more mature.

Sharingan19
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Currently liking Shippuden more, due to how they've grown and the fights being more intense, tho i kinda miss some of the childish humor, especially from Naruto's side :p (Even tho there was abit of that in the latest episode with the Kakashi and Gai rivalry contest) (Talking about the anime, not the manga)

I'm thinking the same. I miss the music from original Naruto too. The music in Shippuden isn't emotional enough and the fights drag on for too long. But i like the new looks and the progressive storyline.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
10-27-2011, 04:47 PM
probably shippuden

Alinah
10-28-2011, 09:52 AM
shippuden, but then when I started to look at Naruto I was 14, so kinda right age for the original, well now I'm older and the jokes I thought were funny back then doesn't make me laugh anymore, it's more nostalgia than actually fun . TBH now, I just can't wait to see the real fighting in shippuden, and ofcourse I want to see Naruto growning up to be a man and becomming Hokage, unless he'll die lol :P

Minatolufy
11-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Actually I like both, but the story in shippuden is more wonderful cuz akastuki's appearance and their battles. Compared with the shippuden part, nartuto and other characters in the original seem so weak. But I like their chunni exam part cuz it's the first time all the main characters appeared and showed their justu. :D
And naruto's sennin mode is so awesome in shippuden. :D

XxSharinganxX
12-13-2011, 08:56 AM
I guess I'm the only one who likes the original better

SageKakashi
02-29-2012, 03:13 AM
The original was great but shippuden hands down.

Advanced ninja, advanced enemies, better plot.. And it goes on.

Otocon
02-29-2012, 05:26 PM
This really is a stupid

Shippuden more fights more gore more grown up

SHINOBI OF DARKNESS
03-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Shippuden because Sakura actually does something there.

Sasuke8642
03-04-2012, 05:07 AM
shippudens jutsu are better but the characters looked cooler in original so im neutral.

--Coobreedan--
03-04-2012, 05:13 AM
I think Shippuden as the REAL Naruto, the other one just backs it up.

Linkrobin
03-09-2012, 03:55 AM
Yeah I also like shippuden more because of the drawing and style. I also like it because it focuses a lot on Akatsuki, which we all know, is awesome. Because of the fact that Akatsuki plays a big role in the series makes it interesting and entertaining. I also like the fact that sasuke is a lot stronger now and is able to match Naruto's strength. I am not saying that the original Naruto series is bad, it is just that Shippuden is better because of personal preference for me, the fact that Akatsuki plays a big role is good.

Conclusion: Shippuden!!

--Coobreedan--
03-10-2012, 03:49 AM
...the fact that Akatsuki plays a big role is good.

Well put. `;)

ArtIsABang
03-25-2012, 10:08 AM
I like original Naruto more because it reminds me of my childhood. xD
I started watching Naruto when I was like, 5 and I really liked it even though I couldnt really keep up with the story. :D

itachipeintobi
03-25-2012, 10:11 AM
yes i have to say shippuden,......it also looks a lot better graphic ways....

Glitter
04-20-2012, 08:54 PM
I like Naruto Shippuden more, I have seen all the episodes so far and it interest me more than Naruto.

EYE OF AGES
04-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Yeah I also like shippuden more because of the drawing and style. I also like it because it focuses a lot on Akatsuki, which we all know, is awesome. Because of the fact that Akatsuki plays a big role in the series makes it interesting and entertaining. I also like the fact that sasuke is a lot stronger now and is able to match Naruto's strength. I am not saying that the original Naruto series is bad, it is just that Shippuden is better because of personal preference for me, the fact that Akatsuki plays a big role is good.

Conclusion: Shippuden!!
agree.

Also the original devolved into filler hell during the later half.

Jonesy
06-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Shippuden is better in my opinion on the seriousness and fighting, but Naruto is more funny.

SasukeDude96
06-23-2012, 11:21 PM
I can't choose between them. D: I like both of them for certain reasons.

Opacityzero
06-24-2012, 08:02 PM
While part one had better story, especially in terms of how the other characters were handled, and the fights were a lot more strategic... I think I have to lean more toward Shippuuden. Here's why.

I find it a lot more intriguing and complex than Part I was. Part I set the stage, and Part II is kind of where everything actually begins. I rather like the back-story of the Uchiha, and the Tailed Beasts, and the mystery surrounding Tobi and Zetsu and them. It's a lot more engaging than Part I was. While Part I was more character driven and the actual plot kind of suffered from it, Part II is more plot driven and now the characters kind of suffer from it, save for those in the spotlight. For example, Sasuke and the Uchiha in general, I find to be at least, very well written.

So yeah. Both parts have their pros and cons, but I find Part II more interesting, though I liked the characters and a lot of the battles from Part I a bit more.

Tashi Uchiha
06-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Ohh definitly shippuden because of how in depth things get and how advanced everything gets.

S H A
06-28-2012, 09:03 AM
First couple of seasons of naruto were epic, then it degraded :(

Hime Cherry
06-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Naruto Shippuden is better because of all the new characters and new story line. :)

PrinceofPeace
06-30-2012, 08:46 PM
current

Marfi
07-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Of course shippuden is better in many ways.Even I like it.

Shippuden has plot hole but original Naruto don't have.

Bradley
09-16-2012, 11:15 PM
The original. It was fun and fresh even though it could drag a lot at times. The characters were likable (Sasuke hadn't completely spiralled into being a whiny psychopath yet) and villains were compelling.

Shipuuden's main problem is that it draaaaaags. Even more so than the original. The plot moves at a snail's pace. The characters have also gone downhill. Sasuke in particular is a whiny, unlikable ponce. The new villains introduced aren't up the level of the original's villains. The story isn't fresh anymore and loses focus as it keeps dragging and power creep grows out of hand. Basically, Naruto was once good but should have wrapped things up and ended while it was ahead.

AliceUchiha
10-13-2012, 10:12 PM
It's hard to say, Shippuden isn't over and it's not like they're really different series...how do you rate part one and part two of the same unified story?
Shippuden maybe, depends how it wraps up.

Based God
12-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Shippuden kicked off very well in my opinion.

The whole Deidara vs. Gaara was a better opening than I could have expected.

Cupcake
12-16-2012, 12:15 AM
I personally like shippuden more because Naruto's matured a little and he's not just effing around anymore. Also, the skills and techniques have gone way up in level and i think theyre just cooler now. :D

Noctis Arashi
12-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Original for not being composed of almost entirely plot holes and feces.

Sasori
01-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Shippuden is better.

Divine Rush
01-26-2013, 04:08 AM
way better no question the older episodes have to many fillers forreal..

Rouge Uchiha18
02-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Orginal, those episodes bring back the nostalgic days, and I love the orginal for theme songs and sound tracks.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
02-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Original, for the most part. My two favorite arcs are in Shippuden though.

Sharingan19
02-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Shippuden.

I use to think it was original but I watched a bit of the original last night and I realised how much better I think Shippuden is.
Characters are more mature, fights are more intense and the story and character development is much more fleshed out.

ino>sakura!
02-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Shippuden kicked off very well in my opinion.

The whole Deidara vs. Gaara was a better opening than I could have expected.
true in shippuden there is alot more fights and plot twist then in naruto. you could kinda guess what would happen next in naruto

but the chunin exams were the best along with the sasuke retrieval arc so hard to say XD

Rouge Uchiha18
02-19-2013, 01:47 PM
I love the sasuke fight, it had so much tension. And I love the story of kimmimaro and the fight Gaara/lee vs kimmimaro and kibas fight and many many more from the orginal series.

I also loved many fights from shippuden.

Sasori_Deidara
02-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Shippuden

Sakura & Naruto
02-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Shippuden Because there are many characters

coolm3
02-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Shippuden for darker and more in depth storyline. Original for secondary character build up,progression and the gateway to the curremt drama in shippuden.

Izi90
02-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Shippuden.

Second term's always the epic'est. Just like Dragon Ball Z which made Dragon Ball No-Z booring but important.

Uzumaki Keegan
03-01-2013, 10:33 PM
original because i could watch it over and over

Kananda
03-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Shippuden because it's a lot more emotional and it shows that even the adults are no longer invincible. Naruto is finally the one defending everyone!

But Original was better in other ways.. Orochimaru was more badass (his theme). It showed that all the genin could hold their own (not just Naruto and Sasuke). Shippuden is too power biased now.. and the other rookie 9 members are so left out. Jiraiya training was awesome!

Ironscout4
03-02-2013, 02:57 AM
shippuden is better but the original was the original soo.....

YellowFlashOfKonoha
04-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Thats a tough one. The original starts off kinda slow and a little boring but episodes 50-135 are all amazing. In shippuden, it is almost all more exciting things going on except they slow the plot down (in the original series each episode was the equivalent of 1.5-3 chapters but in shippuden is 1-2) and while the original ends with a bunch of stupid fillers in shippuden they are more scattered throughout the story, you can look at that as good or bad. In the first series, several characters like neji, lee, shikamaru, etc. feel almost just as important as naruto and sasuke. In the second, Naruto is quickly stronger than alot of them and (while they are still important) they dont have as big of roles as they used to. Shippuden focuses more on bigger scale stuff while the original is smaller scale but meant to be more "personal" if that makes sense. But idk which is best

After
05-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Shippuden because of the epic fights!

TheBeastMode
05-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Shippden is the best

Pros :
because it has better characters.
Naruto's face looks better.
Anyway, some of the characters look better as they get older.
I'm glad Sai replaced team kakashi.
More colorful
Better jutsus.
Better character design, Now you can see the pink in their eye balls.
Better Voice Quaity/Better Voice Actors.
Cons :
More fillers
Sakura still loves Sasuke.
More Flashbacks..
Less goofiness.

Naruto ( Close )
Pros :
It's very funnnny.
Less Fillers
Less Love
Less Flashbacks
Less annoying crying..
Cons :
I wish Sai was on team kakashi. I guess Sai wil be about 13-14 while Naruto is 12 years old.
I dont really like Sasuke's Character.
The voices don't really sound like 12 year olds more like 15-16 year olds.

Kananda
05-04-2013, 01:40 AM
They are both fantastic and I think a lot of people forget how good the original was. But Shippuden is still better because it's more intense and serious. Also, Akatsuki :P

There was a lot of hype in original which made shippuden so much better.

The worst thing is that only Naruto and Sasuke were important. Sound Four arc it showed that everyone could hold their own and are all important allies of Naruto.

rados
05-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Original is based only on manga and didn't have filler episodes and many characters.
In shippuden we have more filler episodes and hunderts of characters and fights that didn't see in manga.
So...... shippuden is better!!!