PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions of Kakashi's statement... *483 spoilers*

Zazuro
02-18-2010, 07:09 PM
On page 13/14 of chapter 483.

Kakashi says,

"Sorry I haven't been a very good sensei..." (translation 1)

"I apologize...I've been a terrible sensei to you all." (translatiobn 2)

Do you agree with that statement that came of Kakashi's own words?!

You think that is true?

Post your opinions about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My opnions:

I say..... he hasn't really been that "terrible" sensei to Team 7 because...

1. He taught his team of meaning "Teamwork".
2. Kakashi helped them on the difficult C-rank mission to the Land of Waves (Zabuza and Haku)
3. Kakashi taught Naruto the basics of long/meduim/close range battles in Gaara Rescue arc.
4. Kakashi helped Naruto achieve his own new jutsu; the rasen-Shuriken even though it was useless at the first time.
5. He helped Naruto, Sauce*, and Sakura to grow.

Shikamaru Nara
02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
I abstain...I don't think that he's been THAT bad...

X__Sasuke__X
02-18-2010, 07:22 PM
No, he hasn't. He's great to Naruto and Sakura.
It's not his fault that Sasuke left.
That would be Orochimaru's fault.

X__Sasuke__X
02-18-2010, 07:23 PM
_/l_/|
l*-*l
|_\/ l
l_ll_l

..\\\\
//-_-\\
/____\

I'm still on your side Sasuke! Don't think I like Kakashi more! ^^

Hatake Girl
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
no i dont think that he has been a terrible sensei.
i do think that he probably didnt do the best job that he could have. but come on, he had to face a lot of problems. sasuke and naruto were always at each other's throats, sakura just stood there and really didnt do much (in the first part, not shippuden!), orochimaru was dead set on getting sasuke to go to the 'dark side', naruto needed to be protected from atasuki members, plus all of his own missions.
he had a lot on his plate and some of the things i think probably could not have been avoided. still, he wasnt a horrible sensei.

Sharingan Shinobi
02-18-2010, 07:28 PM
In Kakashi's eyes, His team should be top notched with no failure. He is putting "Sasuke's Actions" on his own shoulders. He's taking the blame for Sasuke leaving the village...

Shikamaru Nara
02-18-2010, 07:31 PM
It isn't Kakashi's fault that Sasuke's a vandictive little punk...he couldn't do anything about Sasuke leaving.

Shoukry
02-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Kakashi hasn't been bad at all!
It was Sasuke's decision to do that so it's his fault!

kekki genki
02-18-2010, 08:05 PM
kakashi has been a great sensei and he's done everything he could for the team.

Naruko-chan
02-18-2010, 08:33 PM
I don't think he's been a bad sensei at all. He really cares about Naruto, Sakura, and even Sasuke. He even says that the 3rd Hokage must have loved Orochimaru too even after how far he'd fallen. So Kakashi still loves Sasuke. I think he was like a son to him. So I'm sure he feels the same way about Naruto and Sakura and he just wants to do what he thinks is best for them. He just wanted to keep Sakura's spirits up, that's why he would still tell her that everything would go back to normal. He didn't want to hurt her or Naruto, that's all.

Hidden Ninja45
02-18-2010, 08:41 PM
In Kakashi's eyes, His team should be top notched with no failure. He is putting "Sasuke's Actions" on his own shoulders. He's taking the blame for Sasuke leaving the village...
And it really wasn't his fault. It was just Sasuke's determination to do anything to kill Itachi. Kakashi shouldn't blame himself for what happened with Sasuke.

Hidden Ninja45
02-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Kakashi has been a great sensei. He can't be blamed for what happened with Sasuke.

Akatsuki X
02-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Kakashi has his moments
but all-in-all hes a great sensei

3littlepigs
02-18-2010, 08:49 PM
I voted yes but I only agree with the statement partially. I don't think Kakashi was actually meant to be a sensei like say Iruka so there are some things that he could have done better or that he should have done period. But on the other hand he was there for them when they really needed him and even disobeyed Tsunade to go look for Sasuke and Naruto so he definitely cared.

As for his apology to Sakura, I don't think he should feel guilty for reassuring her that everything would be ok...What else could he have said? sure it gave her false hope but at least she had hope!

As for Sasuke...Kakashi was always there for him so the fact that Sasuke's a complete psycho shouldn't make him feel guilty at all! at the same time the fact that he's trying to save him or that a part of him doesn't want to fight him shows that he is a good sensei.

As for Naruto...I understand why he had a tendency to side with Sasuke or teach him more things but he could've been kinder to Naruto a lot of times. I have to say though he's made up for it in Part II and he's been there for Naruto as a sensei should.

ShounenLover
02-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Well,both yes and no. He taught them good and wise things, explaining to find the meaning behind things, and things like that...but, he's human and has faults,such as neglecting his two other students to favor one,or not wanting to face things himself. The last chapter made me go soft on him even more, when he said that he still loved (not that way perverts) Sasuke even though he has fallen down so low. That turned me into a pile of mush and made me think about what he must've felt seeing his students fall apart and drift away from him. I think that's where he got the idea that it was his fault that happened because he should've paid more attention to what was happening. He doesn't realize that it's not his fault at all, no one forced Sasuke to do what he did, he made his own selfish choices on his own.

vinsence
02-19-2010, 12:58 AM
He is a good sensei. He has made a few mistakes and mishaps but who hasn't over all he has been a great sensei. Sasgay has just been retarded. And now he wants to kill Konha village because some of the leaders killed off his family. If he took a moment to talk to his friends they might even help him get back at the elders and keep the village safe at the same time. To think he is the last of his clan and he has no honor. Great job of rebuilding your clan.

Naruto-Uzumaki-25
02-19-2010, 08:21 AM
No, it's not Kakashi's fault that Sasuke turned evil. Sasuke had being following the path of revenge long before Kakashi even trained him. I mean anyone who lives just to kill people for revenge would probably turn evil sooner or later.

JC.
02-19-2010, 09:43 AM
When I compare to Asuma and the other senseis I don't think he's been a great sensei to team 7 but he trained them well.

Salena
02-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Kakashi is not a terrible sensei. He was trying to convince Sasuke to forget about revenge and to stop being obsessed with it.
He told that to Sasuke two times already and Sasuke failed to listen.

It's not the teacher's fault, it is the student's. It was Sasuke's fault. He was the one that wanted revenge, not Kakashi encouraging Sasuke to get revenge on his brother. He was doing the exact opposite.

Sharingan Shinobi
02-19-2010, 01:35 PM

I'm not angry. What's bad is when you post a decent theory then get a bad rep for it b/c someone wanted to cancel this thread. Not calling any names, but why don't you bad rep every one that has posted in this thread? This turned out to be a pretty good thread! :mrgreen:

*Talim of the moonlight*
02-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Well i don't know because it seems like he favored to Sasuke.

Ur Mom
02-19-2010, 04:06 PM
I voted yes but I only agree with the statement partially. I don't think Kakashi was actually meant to be a sensei like say Iruka so there are some things that he could have done better or that he should have done period. But on the other hand he was there for them when they really needed him and even disobeyed Tsunade to go look for Sasuke and Naruto so he definitely cared.

As for his apology to Sakura, I don't think he should feel guilty for reassuring her that everything would be ok...What else could he have said? sure it gave her false hope but at least she had hope!

As for Sasuke...Kakashi was always there for him so the fact that Sasuke's a complete psycho shouldn't make him feel guilty at all! at the same time the fact that he's trying to save him or that a part of him doesn't want to fight him shows that he is a good sensei.

As for Naruto...I understand why he had a tendency to side with Sasuke or teach him more things but he could've been kinder to Naruto a lot of times. I have to say though he's made up for it in Part II and he's been there for Naruto as a sensei should.
Pretty much what he said

rm3991
02-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Kakashi's been a good sensei to Naruto and Sakura. And he did what he could to help Sasuke and get him off the path of revenge. If it wasn't for Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke wouldn't have become friends and a great team. He did all he could.

I Eatz Your Ramen XD
02-19-2010, 04:11 PM
I think Kakashi's has been a good sensei. He shouldnt blame himself for Sasuke leaving and turning evil.

Vincentino
02-19-2010, 04:11 PM
No, he was a good sensei, he's trying to help everyone getting Sasuke back and protecting Konoha with his own life. He has many missions to do and he still has time to help Naruto's training and to bring back Sasuke.

xxDivinitytwilightxx
02-19-2010, 07:43 PM
I think Kakashi has been a pretty good sensei...

IMO Kakashi has been really good to both Naruto and Sakura, and Sasuke leaving wasn"t his fault...That was Sasuke"s own problem..not Kakashi"s

trouble88
02-19-2010, 08:15 PM
nope kakashi have been good to them so I would have to diagree with his statement

3littlepigs
02-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Pretty much what he said
LOL Actually I'm a "she" ;)

Nemico
02-20-2010, 05:06 PM
I think he has been a rather good sensei... Not the best but He has thought them alot about the Ninja world and what they should and shouldnt do... I don't ever thing he was ever to pushy or to attached and he let them make their own decisions... That is what matters after all. I do think he could have stopped Sasuke but maybe he believed he would come back in time or maybe he thought that it was up to him to choose that.

NarutoUzumaki12
02-21-2010, 10:34 AM
he is a good sensei

Silver Fang
02-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Sad to say, but I have to agree with him. He wasn't the best sensei, especially to Naruto & Sakura. Now, I know he loves these kids more than anything, but he isn't too good at handling them. I mean

1. He babied Sakura. He just told her whatever it was he thought she wanted to hear, which wasn't right. He lead her on with false hope, only for her to be doubly dssappointed when things didn't work out.

2. He knew Sasuke was power-hungry and revenge obsessed, yet he did nothing to discourage that. He fed Sasuke's actions. He took him aside, taught him Chidori, at the expense of his other students, and didn't talk to Sasuke about his revenge-seeking until it was too late. He even condoed Sasuke seeking revenge during the Chunin exam break.

3. And don't get me started on Naruto. In part one, he didn't have too much faith in Naruto. Sasuke was obviously the favorite. Kakashi even says "Naruto is the most useless ninja, the more he helps, the worse things get." Then in Shippuden, he condones Naruto's self-distruction. He never spoke up with Naruto and address his Sasuke-obsession. Naruto wants to leave the village, and beg for Sasuke's life to a man whose brother Sasuke supposedly killed, and Kakashi's only response was, "I'll go with you."

With Kakashi, it seems as if he feels that if he gives his students whatever they want, and condone their actions, they'll be content and things will work out. Wrong-o.

Raven Uchiha
02-21-2010, 02:45 PM
I believe that Kakashi has been a great sensei, even though their have been some unfortunate happenings in the past, it's not his fault that Sasuke left.

PlatonicZombie
02-21-2010, 11:50 PM
I would suggest that Kakashi was a bad sensei, in the beginning, but has really come into the part in the Shippuden series. If you remember back to the beginnings of Team 7 Sasuke stated then that he was out for revenge. Kakashi failed to actually hear that.

All that being said, I love Kakashi as a person, because I feel as though we've gotten closer to him and he has grown a lot over this time as well, which is awesome since he is an adult. So, to see an adult make leaps like that shows that growing isn't just something that we do as kids.

Reala
02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
i think he's been a good sensei, he's done what he can, and that's all he can do
he's made mistakes, but anyone could make them, he couldn't predict what wuld happen.

Sasuke probably would've stayed if the sound 4 hadn't beat him up.

Reala
02-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Plus, team 7 was the first set of students he kept on, he may be very experienced on the field, but he couldn't know what would happen with team 7. He just did what he thought was right at the time.
It was his first shot as a captain, so he was bound to make mistakes

Parak111
02-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Abstain. Only Kakashi himself is worthy enough to judge his actions. Kakashi has accomplished many things as a sensei, even though he couldn't stop Sasuke from leaving the village.

Reala
02-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Abstain. Only Kakashi himself is worthy enough to judge his actions. Kakashi has accomplished many things as a sensei, even though he couldn't stop Sasuke from leaving the village.

He did what he could, but i think he shouldn't of left Sasuke alone, but he didn't know that Sasuke would be approched by the sound four, and it is likely that it would be inevitable that they would approach Sasuke, they'd just come the next time he was alone.

Parak111
02-22-2010, 12:41 PM
He did what he could, but i think he shouldn't of left Sasuke alone, but he didn't know that Sasuke would be approched by the sound four, and it is likely that it would be inevitable that they would approach Sasuke, they'd just come the next time he was alone.

That's true, but he couldn't babysit him. :lol:

Reala
02-22-2010, 12:44 PM
That's true, but he couldn't babysit him. :lol:

Exactly, plus him and Kakashi weren't exactly bestest buddies. Even if Kakashi did offer to stay with Sasuke, knowing him, he'd decline

Rathegon
02-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Kakashi it's my fRiends favoRite chaRacteR

Defcon
02-22-2010, 02:36 PM
He's a good sensei, he really looks out for his team and wants to be involved. He's not to blame for Sasuke's actions, Sasuke wanted to go to Orochimaru to search for power.. Konoha is/was too weak to bring Sasuke on a higher skill level. If Itachi made one fault it might've been the fact that he gave Sasuke revenge as a goal, so somewhere he unintentionally brought Sasuke on the wrong path but then again, Sasuke would've want to kill him anyway after what he did, he would've never understand the real reasons at that age.

Rasen_Chidori
02-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Kakashi was not a bad senei, sure he made a few mistakes (telling Sakura everything would be ok) but everyone makes mistakes. Plus he can't read the future, he could not predict what would happen with Sasuke, sure he knew that Sasuke wanted revenge, but how could he know that Sasuke would go so far for that revenge? He taught his students well enough until they were taken on by new masters and the fact he had never been a sensei before also means that he probs didn't know what to do in some situations. He can't be blamed for the way Sasuke turned out, he gave Sasuke every opportunity to do what was right but Sasuke refused every time. You can open the door for someone but you can't force them to walk through it. In this case Kakashi opened the door for Sasuke to do thee right thing but Sasuke is to blind with rage, hate and a want for revenge to accept.

sasuke_uchiha88
02-23-2010, 06:46 AM
I kind've think he's a bad sensei because of the fact that when he made it to the final valley, he could've gone after sasuke and then take naruto to konoha because sasuke probably wouldn't have any chakra at the time and he probably didn't go far yet. This is just what me and my brother discussed once and he told me this.

Rasen_Chidori
02-24-2010, 12:22 AM
I kind've think he's a bad sensei because of the fact that when he made it to the final valley, he could've gone after sasuke and then take naruto to konoha because sasuke probably wouldn't have any chakra at the time and he probably didn't go far yet. This is just what me and my brother discussed once and he told me this.

He couldn't follow, it was raining, wiping out Sasuke's scent and tracks, so Kakashi couldn't track him.

Mitsuko
02-24-2010, 07:31 AM
It's not Kakashis fault that Sasuke ran away, it's Sasuke's lust for revenge. He was awesome to Naruto and Sakura.

zenon883
02-24-2010, 07:40 AM
i dont think he has been the best sensei but i think he was trying his best to teach them

trouble88
02-24-2010, 08:18 AM
It's not Kakashis fault that Sasuke ran away, it's Sasuke's lust for revenge. He was awesome to Naruto and Sakura.
that true it was the darkness in sasuke heart that cost him to leave the village and also the sounds ninja that get his revenge would be better then staying in the leaf village to