PDA

View Full Version : Thread-Locking in the BG...yeah i'm talking again...

zebrakiller
02-07-2010, 07:02 PM
k i just saw three threads that were perfectly adequate n upon reading the titles i was interested in posting in them...only to find they were locked after about 5 posts...moderators of the battleground, please take a moment to consider what may or may not be appropriate to lock...just because u urself thinks its a stomp thread doesnt mean someone else might be able to argue it well. please allow some form of debate before locking the thread...otherwise the battlegrounds will have lost their purpose. thank you.

Pennywise
02-07-2010, 07:04 PM
So in you're opinion mods should keep open threads that are obviously rape threads?

May I ask which threads you had a problem with being locked?

Vivi
02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Whats to debate about?

Marvel uberrapes Naruto.
Same with Nintendo.There's no debating needed in them.

ECW Original
02-07-2010, 07:07 PM
k i just saw three threads that were perfectly adequate n upon reading the titles i was interested in posting in them...only to find they were locked after about 5 posts...moderators of the battleground, please take a moment to consider what may or may not be appropriate to lock...just because u urself thinks its a stomp thread doesnt mean someone else might be able to argue it well. please allow some form of debate before locking the thread...otherwise the battlegrounds will have lost their purpose. thank you.

Some threads can't really be debated.Get over it.

zebrakiller
02-07-2010, 07:10 PM
naruto/nintendo has plenty to debate. same with hst/lotr or whatever it was. marvelverse vs. narutoverse go ahead and lock, but tell the OP to add some restricitons or use specific characters for that. u dont have to get ur locked thread quota in one night u know

Vatanui AKA Pride
02-07-2010, 07:11 PM
naruto/nintendo has plenty to debate. same with hst/lotr or whatever it was. marvelverse vs. narutoverse go ahead and lock, but tell the OP to add some restricitons or use specific characters for that. u dont have to get ur locked thread quota in one night u know

Seriously, dude?

NintendoVerse has PokemonVerse, Tabuu, partially FFVerse, etc.
NintendoVerse can stomp DBZVerse + HST.

MadaraTobi
02-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I think hes absolutely right,the mods may not know so much about something and lock it when a total expert on that character or verse can prove them wrong and argue their points,but usually they lock it after just a short amount of time,I think they abuse their power.

Vivi
02-07-2010, 07:12 PM

Naruto vs Nintendo.
Yep.Naruto stands a chance against Pokemonverse,Parts of FF,Zelda and Mario.
Get Real.
You cannot debate that.

Vivi
02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I think hes absolutely right,the mods may not know so much about something and lock it when a total expert on that character or verse can prove them wrong and argue their points,but usually they lock it after just a short amount of time,I think they abuse their power.

Uhm no.Because Narutoverse is the second weakest verse right after Twlight.

And no we're not abusing Powers Rape Thread stay Rape.And they need to be locked.

Vatanui AKA Pride
02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
No, dude, just no.

NarutoVerse is pretty much the weakest fight Verse right after Twilight. Some threads need to be locked since they're pretty much pointless.

MadaraTobi
02-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Uhm no.Because Narutoverse is the second weakest verse right after Twlight.

And no we're not abusing Powers Rape Thread stay Rape.And they need to be locked.

Im not sure what twilight has to do with this,anyways i dont think all need to be locked,obviously those that have done before go ahead and lock,but mods like you most certainty arent experts of every character of every verse,there are people who know far more than you guys about some verses and you dont even give the people that do know more get a chance to argue and debate.

321zigzag1
02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Avatar and Claymore is below Naruto so I think you mean 4th weakest in terms of common battle fictions we use here.

In terms of overall fiction it goes somewhat much higher.

MadaraTobi
02-07-2010, 07:22 PM
No, dude, just no.

NarutoVerse is pretty much the weakest fight Verse right after Twilight. Some threads need to be locked since they're pretty much pointless.

agreed on the complete pointless ones like for example princess peach vs pain but i mean i have seen some that are worthy battles like narutoverse vs starwars and the reason for it being locked is because it went on for "too long".It was the biggest hit id seen on the battlegrounds!!!!!

Vivi
02-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Im not sure what twilight has to do with this,anyways i dont think all need to be locked,obviously those that have done before go ahead and lock,but mods like you most certainty arent experts of every character of every verse,there are people who know far more than you guys about some verses and you dont even give the people that do know more get a chance to argue and debate.

Uhm we arent experts but we have enough knowledge to know when a Thread is rape.

And theres no reason to argue and debate when its too much rape.
Only leads to Tardism,Noobism,Trolling,and Infractions.

Miles Edgeworth
02-07-2010, 07:24 PM
agreed on the complete pointless ones like for example princess peach vs pain but i mean i have seen some that are worthy battles like narutoverse vs starwars and the reason for it being locked is because it went on for "too long".It was the biggest hit id seen on the battlegrounds!!!!!

You claim mods unfairly lock threads in which some people "know more about certain verses" than we do, yet you use Naruto vs Star Wars as an example? If you have even a shred of knowledge about Star Wars you'd know that some characters have relativistic reaction speed, which is much higher than any Naruto character can do. For example, Luke can control pseudo black holes, use a force attack that can bypass defenses, mind rape, etc. And Narutoverse can do....what?

Now if it's Star Wars Movieverse vs Narutoverse it's not as much of a rape but Star Warsverse still has weapons that can rape Narutoverse in movies alone.

Funny how you use such a bad example to try and prove your point.

Vivi
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM

Rape as well.It was only so long because People wanked Narutoverse.

ECW Original
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM

1.Star Wars rapes in so many ways it ain't funny
2.You obviously haven't seen Naruto vs. Sonic

321zigzag1
02-07-2010, 07:26 PM
This forums is actually rather good place in general with latent OBD influence minus occasional Naruto Wanking.

SageoftheSixPaths
02-07-2010, 07:27 PM
The mods are mods for a reason. They know when to lock and when not to lock. I see no form of debate forming in the threads brought up here, so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is.

The moderators are not dumb people. They can recognize a rape thread with ease. They are all veteran debaters themselves, and they have likely heard more debates than the majority of us. They have enough collective knowledge on the subjects to determine a lock worthy thread with relative ease. In my entire time on this forum, I haven't really seen an stupidly locked thread. If someone can tell me a thread that was unjustly locked, I'll take back what I've said. Until then, the mods can keep doing what they're doing, since from what I can tell it's working.

Pennywise
02-07-2010, 07:40 PM

You've got to be kidding me, How in the world is Narutoverse supposed to beat LOTR? when Lotr has Demi-Gods, higher beings, and a freaking Omnipotent. Marvel is the same way where you don't even need to leave Earth to find someone who can solo Narutoverse (a good percentage of the X-men are capable of it)

The 1st Hokage
02-07-2010, 07:47 PM
i have to say,that you must not have alot of knowledge of half the things debated in the battlegrounds to say that.nintendo has mario,partial FF,pokemon,almost any damn gameverse in history.

zebrakiller
02-07-2010, 09:32 PM
refer to bold please.

You've got to be kidding me, How in the world is Narutoverse supposed to beat LOTR? when Lotr has Demi-Gods, higher beings, and a freaking Omnipotent. Marvel is the same way where you don't even need to leave Earth to find someone who can solo Narutoverse (a good percentage of the X-men are capable of it)
LOTR does NOT have any of those if u want to get technical...iluvatar, the valar, even sauron has no feats in lotr. in the extended tolkien verse yes, in lotr no. the best lotr has to offer is istari and balrogs, maybe the deadmen of dunharrow, but theyre hax and would only be good for one fight under oath from aragorn. everyone else is just a normal warrior and since it was u naruwankers, some mods as well, who said rocklee could solo 300verse i dont think naruverse vs. lotr is really undebatable. christ a man can't make a simple request without ppl getting all defensive n biting his head off.

just be a little more considerate before locking a thread. thats all i ask. now im off to make a naruverse/lotr thread. feel free to lock this, since that seems to be the trend right now...

SageoftheSixPaths
02-07-2010, 09:35 PM
300verse vs Lee? That got debated by both sides pretty equally, and both had legit reasons. That was actually a good debate. IMO that's a fairly poor example of wanking Naruto characters. Just saying.

Fan of Minato
02-08-2010, 05:55 AM
~changed the title because I didn't like it. =/ xD~

Anyway, I kind of think that thread locking has become a bit too much recently. We need to allow freedom guys, we can't just make this into a monarchy. I know it is (xD) but we have to allow some freedom. Don't get me wrong, we have to lock bad threads but what if its a stomp thread? keep it open I don't see it hurting anyone. If people post in it and make it big and troll then lock it.

People come on here for fun, and we have to help them. We can only restrict them so far, we can't cross that point, there it will seem like we'r acting like "bosses" or "head of the section" or something like that.

Thats just my personal opinion that I felt and said through the whole deal.

(P.S. I'm sort of agreeing with Zebra but not completely..xDD I say that let the stomp threads die rather than lock them. And also, are we going off topic? xDD)

Shikamaru Nara
02-08-2010, 06:25 AM

This is rediculous, as many know, I'm in the Battlegrounds a lot. I try to debate and I lose.(I'm always getting stomped by Rocklee...you're my rival dude...I'm probably not you're though...) Some things deserve to be locked right away because there's no sense in debating how Narutoverse beats Nintendoverse. Narutoverse gets anally raped. My point is, if there's no debate, and it's rape, there are a bunch of post farmers posting the obvious, therefore, the Mods and Admins and F.A.I.L. members have to lock the threads, so get over it.

Abigail
02-08-2010, 06:25 AM
I sense much butthurt in this thread.

You know what would be funny in an ironic way? Locking this.

Avatar and Claymore is below Naruto so I think you mean 4th weakest in terms of common battle fictions we use here.

In terms of overall fiction it goes somewhat much higher.
1)Don't start this again.
2)Stop devil's advocating.
some characters have relativistic reaction speedFTL reaction speed.

Rape as well.It was only so long because People wanked Narutoverse.And I destroyed them all. :)

Shikamaru Nara
02-08-2010, 06:27 AM
I sense much butthurt in this thread.

You know what would be funny in an ironic way? Locking this.

1)Don't start this again.
2)Stop devil's advocating.
FTL reaction speed.

And I destroyed them all. :)

This post is pure spam, only because you have nothing to say about the issue (Not) at hand.

Abigail
02-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Except I did by saying it shouldn't be here.

DERP.

Shikamaru Nara
02-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Yes, but it isn't regarding anything that we're discussing.

Abigail
02-08-2010, 06:38 AM

Did you actually read what I posted?

Seeing as how I posted my view on this then responded to three separate people.

Am I going to have to smack another person with Shikamaru in their name over the head with the Oxford English Dictionary on what spam means?

Shikamaru Nara
02-08-2010, 06:40 AM
I did read your post.

In what way did it have anything to d owith this threaD?

Fan of Minato
02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm not locking this unless it turns to spam or flame or something bad. If someone locks this because they think its "too rebellious" then I'l open it.

People have the freedom of posting. =]. xD

And not only Abigail but many went off topic in this thread and debated "what stomp is". But he did have "lock this thread" which is technically related so its not completely spam. xDD

Abigail
02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
The part where I said it was all nothing but butthurt, therefore this should not be here at all.

Seems I need to do this again.

spam

• noun 1 trademark a canned meat product made mainly from ham. 2 irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of users.
• verb (spammed, spamming) send the same email message indiscriminately to (large numbers of users).
— DERIVATIVES spammer noun.
— ORIGIN apparently from the first two and last two letters of spiced ham; the Internet sense apparently derives from a sketch by the British ‘Monty Python’ comedy group, set in a cafe in which every item on the menu includes spam.

So, show me where I "spammed"?

Vivi
02-08-2010, 10:27 AM
~changed the title because I didn't like it. =/ xD~

Anyway, I kind of think that thread locking has become a bit too much recently. We need to allow freedom guys, we can't just make this into a monarchy. I know it is (xD) but we have to allow some freedom. Don't get me wrong, we have to lock bad threads but what if its a stomp thread? keep it open I don't see it hurting anyone. If people post in it and make it big and troll then lock it.

People come on here for fun, and we have to help them. We can only restrict them so far, we can't cross that point, there it will seem like we'r acting like "bosses" or "head of the section" or something like that.

Thats just my personal opinion that I felt and said through the whole deal.

(P.S. I'm sort of agreeing with Zebra but not completely..xDD I say that let the stomp threads die rather than lock them. And also, are we going off topic? xDD)

So leave Rape Threads open which results easily in Infractions if going on long enough.
No FoM.Rape Threads always cause too much Drama when being left open and then leads to Infractions.
Is it that what you want?
Overall Stomp Threads never end in Peace and you know it.
Solving the Matter before it even happens is the best to do.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
02-08-2010, 10:31 AM
To be honest, people will come in and wank the verse that gets roflstomped, and others will come in and insult them. Then, they begin to argue and insult each other.

Seriously, that's all that ever happens. I looked and there weren't any recent threads that didn't deserve to be locked. Like Nintendoverse vs Naruto. Seriously, Narutoverse has no chance.

Vivi
02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
To be honest, people will come in and wank the verse that gets roflstomped, and others will come in and insult them. Then, they begin to argue and insult each other.

Seriously, that's all that ever happens. I looked and there weren't any recent threads that didn't deserve to be locked. Like Nintendoverse vs Naruto. Seriously, Narutoverse has no chance.

Just my Point.

Only a Tard would debate for Naruto.This leads to down-rep from others and also Insults.

Look:
By Locking we prevent:
Flame Wars.
Spam.
Downreps for Tardism.
Wank.
Threats.

Also F.A.I.L. can't watch over every single Thread 24/7.

If we leave it open all that will be set loose.
You want that Zebrakiller hm?

Lady Tsunade
02-08-2010, 10:41 AM
If I'm honest I do sometimes find threads, ones which can be debated-even if only a little. Locked.

However , on the most part. Obvious Rape Threads like Marvel vs Narutoverse are locked rightly so.

Fan of Minato
02-08-2010, 10:46 AM
So leave Rape Threads open which results easily in Infractions if going on long enough.
No FoM.Rape Threads always cause too much Drama when being left open and then leads to Infractions.
Is it that what you want?
Overall Stomp Threads never end in Peace and you know it.
Solving the Matter before it even happens is the best to do.

"Rape Threads"

I always thought that there was a difference between a rape thread and a stomp thread. =]

Stomp threads are where one characters stomps the other. Rape threads are where people wank the other character even though they are stomped. (Like twilight vs naruto >_> xDD)

I think the stomp threads don't cause much drama but die on their own and don't require locking.
We should lock threads that move from stomp to rape that is we should lock them once the wanking begins. (1-2 posts are usually enough..)

Its just that new people feel bad when they'r threads are locked. We want everyone to feel close to happy, especially the new ones.
(now you can lock the major stompage threads that repeat, however.)

@KGT: School? luuuls

zebrakiller
02-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Just my Point.

Only a Tard would debate for Naruto.This leads to down-rep from others and also Insults.

Look:
By Locking we prevent:
Flame Wars.
Spam.
Downreps for Tardism.
Wank.
Threats.

Also F.A.I.L. can't watch over every single Thread 24/7.

If we leave it open all that will be set loose.
You want that Zebrakiller hm?
look its ur job to deal with spam n infractions. dont accept responsibility if u cant handle it. its not ur job to stop debate before it even gets off the ground... not every stomp thread leads to all of the aforementioned, u cant be so over preventative...

i dont have a problem with wank, since debating involves disproving it. downreps who cares, bring em on. threats, u have no life if u threaten someone over the internet for any reason. spam, get infracted. flame wars the same.

Fan of Minato
02-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Zebra, the point is to stop something before it happens. xD
If it happens, what's the point of stopping it? xDD..

But that only happens in rape threads, usually minor stomp threads are left to die so locking is unnecessary on them.

Vivi
02-08-2010, 11:23 AM
look its ur job to deal with spam n infractions. dont accept responsibility if u cant handle it. its not ur job to stop debate before it even gets off the ground... not every stomp thread leads to all of the aforementioned, u cant be so over preventative...

Oh Blame me for keeping order in here before crap already starts.Don't make me laugh.And yes I can handle it hence I'm one of the F.A.I.L. members who give out the most.

But every stomp thread has the potential to be thereby its my Job to prevent it from even happening.

zebrakiller
02-08-2010, 01:21 PM
i didnt blame anyone for doing anything. i simply asked for intriguing topics to be left open for debate. u dont know for sure whether anything is gonna escalate or not, but please exercise some reasonable judgement b4 pulling the trigger, since, surprising tho it may be, ppl do come into the BG to debate...
@FoM, i get that, but the threads i saw locked were locked prematurely...a flame war aint gonna start 3 posts in...

Pennywise
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
i didnt blame anyone for doing anything. i simply asked for intriguing topics to be left open for debate. u dont know for sure whether anything is gonna escalate or not, but please exercise some reasonable judgement b4 pulling the trigger, since, surprising tho it may be, ppl do come into the BG to debate...
@FoM, i get that, but the threads i saw locked were locked prematurely...a flame war aint gonna start 3 posts in...

I can generally agree with keeping threads open...with the exception of if it's a horrific rape. Like for example say you place Black Bolt from Marvel comics against anyone from the HST. now see most people don't realize that Black Bolt can nuke the planet by screaming, thus making it a rape of epic preportions and worthy of being locked, since we'll get a massive chance that there will be tons of people who won't know what Black Bolt's capable of.

I can understand what you're saying here, but it's best to lock an obvious rape thread, than have it go on for twenty pages where half the people in it don't know what thier debating against

MadaraTobi
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
i have to say,that you must not have alot of knowledge of half the things debated in the battlegrounds to say that.nintendo has mario,partial FF,pokemon,almost any damn gameverse in history.

ummm.......where exactly did i say anything about narutoverse vs nintendoverse being a good battle,I think your mistaken

The 1st Hokage
02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
The part where I said it was all nothing but butthurt, therefore this should not be here at all.

Seems I need to do this again.

So, show me where I "spammed"?
All but bold is spam Because it is not contributing to the thread,bit starting and off-topic argue.

To stay on-topic,I understand what u mean,but to stop any ultra wank fest and spamming where all anyone says is "Plotkai solos" the mods and F.A.I.L members have to lock it.

The Demon Zabuza
02-08-2010, 03:18 PM
we can't just make this into a monarchy. I know it is (xD) bMonarchies are righteous and just!

Besides, we don't claim to be appointed by god.

i dont have a problem with wank, since debating involves disproving it. downreps who cares, bring em on. threats, u have no life if u threaten someone over the internet for any reason. spam, get infracted. flame wars the same.Preventatives are better than solutions.

That's why there are far more condoms than abortions around. =]

@FoM, i get that, but the threads i saw locked were locked prematurely...a flame war aint gonna start 3 posts in...I've been modding the BG fairly closely recently, and haven't seen anything unfair for being locked....

MadaraTobi
02-08-2010, 03:29 PM
This is total fascism,the mods are Nazis on here,when it comes to thread locking, you guys arent bad people;)

SRhyse
02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Feel free to give constructive criticism on how the BGs are run, but know its moderators aren't limited to killing spam and cutting cussing - we actively encourage them to shape the forum into what they'd like it to be.

Thus far and currently, we're behind their decisions.

zebrakiller
02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
i can respect that vote of confidence srhyse, but the threads i mentioned were imo inappropriately locked. nuff said. as long as it doesnt become a habit, no harm done.

Vivi
02-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Since Democracy rules and most Posters agree including an Admin I must say:

Zebra, Rant Declined.
imo inappropriately locked.

Your opinion against the Majority.You lost.

Case Solved.Thread Closed.