PDA

View Full Version : Mayuri Kurotsuchi VS Kenpachi Zaraki

deidara330
01-07-2010, 01:53 PM
There are so few threads pitting Bleach characters against one another. Who takes this?

No, Mayuri does not get any prep time. Other than that, no restrictions.

Space Cowboy Sasori
01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Does Mayuri get prep time?

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Mayuri with prep, Kenpachi without.

Space Cowboy Sasori
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
If Mayuri doesn't get prep, than he losses quite fast.

Orihime Inoue
01-07-2010, 02:15 PM
If Ashisogi Jizo poisons zaraki..Mayuri might win..if not then..zaraki wins!

natsumiuchiha16
01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
its mostly a stregy battle here mayuri is smart and good with stragey's and kenpachi isn't but strength wise kenpachi minght win

Teddie
01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Not true.
Mayuri has not shown much combat prowess. Granted the gas emitted from Ashigoki Jizo may poison Zaraki, but in that time, Zaraki has already gotten close to and owned Mayuri in a swordfight. If Uryu can cut through his bankai, then Zaraki kendo can. And Zaraki is enough of a better swordsmen not to be cut by his blade, paralyzing him. If he gets poisoned first, he simply kills Mayuri and finds the antidote.
All in all, Zaraki existing = GG Mayuri

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
By the time Zaraki ever got around to the point where he would see the need to use Kendo the fight would be long over for one side or the other.

Teddie
01-07-2010, 03:10 PM
By the time Zaraki ever got around to the point where he would see the need to use Kendo the fight would be long over for one side or the other.

All fights in the battleground are default bloodlust.
Which means Zaraki fights Kendo, Eyepatchless.
He uses all he can to kill the user in as little time as possible.

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Bloodlust does not mean they will automatically use their strongest attacks, genius, it just means they are trying to win. If CIS were off, he would go for the gold, but with CIS on, as is the standard, then he'll screw around and not take off the eyepatch or use Kendo.

Teddie
01-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Bloodlust does not mean they will automatically use their strongest attacks, genius, it just means they are trying to win. If CIS were off, he would go for the gold, but with CIS on, as is the standard, then he'll screw around.

He's not stupid.
He's actually incredibly deductive.
It's character induced arrogance, and not unwarrented
CIA.....side note on how odd that is.
The second he's poisoned, which, with TKPlotkai ftw, Mayuri will obvious explain it, he'll be like, ;);););) I might die, and p'own Mayuri, taking the antidote.

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
He's not stupid.

Irrelevant.
He's actually incredibly deductive.

Irrelevant.

The second he's poisoned, which, with TKPlotkai ftw, Mayuri will obvious explain it, he'll be like, ;);););) I might die, and p'own Mayuri, taking the antidote.

A: Proof.
B: Kurotsuchi doesn't carry the antidote to his poison, Nemu does.

Teddie
01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Bloodlust does not mean they will automatically use their strongest attacks, genius, it just means they are trying to win. If CIS were off, he would go for the gold, but with CIS on, as is the standard, then he'll screw around and not take off the eyepatch or use Kendo.

Also, it's funny how using your strongest attacks helps you win sometimes. Usually when I really wanna win I use my strongest stuff...

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Are you being intentionally dense or are you really that stupid?

Teddie
01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.

A: Proof.
B: Kurotsuchi doesn't carry the antidote to his poison, Nemu does.
You brought it up genius.

Usually one can notice when one is poisoned, also seeing as Mayuri makes his poison painful, Kenpachi then realises whats up.

a) Mayuri is arrogant, and has never not (double negative ftw) explained an attack, so Kenpachi then realises this, and catches and beats Mayuri in Zanjutsu, or zanpakto fighting.
b) guess where nemu always is....right by his side.

Teddie
01-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Are you being intentionally dense or are you really that stupid?
I fail to see your point.
Seeing as my point makes complete and utter sense.

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Seeing as my point makes complete and utter sense.

No, it doesn't. If CIS were off, he would go for the gold, but with CIS on, as is the standard, then he'll screw around and not take off the eyepatch or use Kendo

a) Mayuri is arrogant, and has never not explained an attack, so Kenpachi then realises this, and catches and beats Mayuri in Zanjutsu, or zanpakto fighting.

Mayuri poisons Kenpachi with his bankai, then stabs himself with his sword, turning into indestructible goo and waits for Kenpachi to die of poison, helplessly incapable of harming Mayuri.

b) guess where nemu always is....right by his side.

Not in this fight.

Teddie
01-07-2010, 03:27 PM
No, it doesn't. If CIS were off, he would go for the gold, but with CIS on, as is the standard, then he'll screw around and not take off the eyepatch or use Kendo

Mayuri poisons Kenpachi with his bankai, then stabs himself with his sword, turning into indestructible goo and waits for Kenpachi to die of poison, helplessly incapable of harming Mayuri.

Not in this fight.

....He wont not (what is it with these double negatives) use it. He'll use it when necessary.

In the time it takes Mayuri to activate bankai Zaraki could easily finish him off. And CIS comes in here too. Mayuri only uses this form as a last ditch effort, and if Zaraki was to cut him in half, he wouldnt be able to Liquidize. CIS'd.

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 03:30 PM
....He wont not (what is it with these double negatives) use it. He'll use it when necessary.

You claim he'll automatically resort to using it from the beginning. You are wrong.

In the time it takes Mayuri to activate bankai Zaraki could easily finish him off. Proof.

Mayuri only uses this form as a last ditch effort, and if Zaraki was to cut him in half, he wouldnt be able to Liquidize. He was able to survive having half his body, including most of his internal organs blown away. I think he can survive a simple slash from Kenpachi. Not CIS'd.

Teddie
01-07-2010, 03:37 PM
You claim he'll automatically resort to using it from the beginning. You are wrong.

Proof.

He was able to survive having half his body, including most of his internal organs blown away. I think he can survive a simple slash from Kenpachi. Not CIS'd.

I've changed my tactics. You won on that regard. He will use them though. You cant say he wont.

He's faster. Plain and simple.
Tite Kubo made charts to denote Captain strength. Kenpachi is a 60/100 while Mayuri is a 40/100 for speed.

He cant survive not having half a brain.
Plain and simple.
CIS'd.

Also, it has been said that the only way to be immune to the poison is exude an immense ammount of reiatsu, pushing the poison away. Kenpachi is nowhere near short of reaitsu.

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 03:39 PM
He will use them though. You cant say he wont.

I can and will. The fight will be over long before it gets to that point. Thus, not gonna use it.

He's faster. Plain and simple.
Tite Kubo made charts to denote Captain strength. Kenpachi is a 60/100 while Mayuri is a 40/100 for speed.

Charts are not an accurate guage for power. Mayuri has better speed feats than Kenpachi does.

He cant survive not having half a brain.
Plain and simple.
CIS'd.

Kenpachi wouldn't aim for the head and wouldn't try to chop his opponent in half either way. Not CISed.

Also, it has been said that the only way to be immune to the poison is exude an immense ammount of reiatsu, pushing the poison away. Kenpachi is nowhere near short of reaitsu.

EDIT: Ah, I misread. Proof?

Teddie
01-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I can and will. The fight will be over long before it gets to that point. Thus, not gonna use it.

Charts are not an accurate guage for power. Mayuri has better speed feats than Kenpachi does.

Kenpachi wouldn't aim for the head and wouldn't try to chop his opponent in half either way. Not CISed.

EDIT: Ah, I misread. Proof?

But your wrong. The fight will not be over that fast. So I have equal right to say that he will.

He disappeared from sight in the battle with Nnoitora, as one would with Flash Step, with just running speed alone. Also, he reacted to and dodged all of Tosen's bankai attacks when they were milimeters away from him.

You cannot say definitely that he wouldnt aim for the head, or that he wouldn't try.
I'm not gunna bother with the CIS'd because its just annoying when you not CISed.

When Szayle Apporo came back, and began to control Konjiki Ashigoki Jizo, it was still secreting poison. He let out reaitsu to repel it.

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 04:16 PM
You cannot say definitely that he wouldnt aim for the head, or that he wouldn't try.
I'm not gunna bother with the CIS'd because its just annoying when you not CISed.

He never has before, what proof have you that he will now?

When Szayle Apporo came back, and began to control Konjiki Ashigoki Jizo, it was still secreting poison. He let out reaitsu to repel it.

If you are refering to the first time Szayel used Gabriel, I'm looking at it right now and don't see any reference to repelling poison with reiatsu.

Teddie
01-07-2010, 04:34 PM
He never has before, what proof have you that he will now?

If you are refering to the first time Szayel used Gabriel, I'm looking at it right now and don't see any reference to repelling poison with reiatsu.

He cut Nnoitora almost in half.
Whats to say he wont.

SageoftheSixPaths
01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Why can't Kenpachi just take off his eyepatch and blow all the poison away? He's been shown to destroy building by taking off his patch. I'm pretty sure some poison would easily be blown far, far away.

Also, what speed feats has Mayuri shown? He can use Flash Step to a certain degree, but I don't remember him ever moving all that fast. I mean, Uryu in his base w/ glove form was keeping up with him pretty well from what I remember.

Also, Uryu survived the poison for something like three episodes. Kenpachi is insanely more durable than Uryu, so he should be able to go for a long time before poison even paralyzes him. Hell, he could finish off Mayuri and get healed well before he's incapacitated by the poison.

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
He cut Nnoitora almost in half.
Whats to say he wont.
I note a complete lack of anything approaching an answer to my question in this response.

Why can't Kenpachi just take off his eyepatch and blow all the poison away?

Because no evidence has been presented that repelling the poison with reaitsu is possible. If you can show some then please do.

Teddie
01-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Why can't Kenpachi just take off his eyepatch and blow all the poison away? He's been shown to destroy building by taking off his patch. I'm pretty sure some poison would easily be blown far, far away.

Also, what speed feats has Mayuri shown? He can use Flash Step to a certain degree, but I don't remember him ever moving all that fast. I mean, Uryu in his base w/ glove form was keeping up with him pretty well from what I remember.

Also, Uryu survived the poison for something like three episodes. Kenpachi is insanely more durable than Uryu, so he should be able to go for a long time before poison even paralyzes him. Hell, he could finish off Mayuri and get healed well before he's incapacitated by the poison.

All true.

Nyruss
01-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Except for the parts where it's not.

SageoftheSixPaths
01-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Because no evidence has been presented that repelling the poison with reaitsu is possible. If you can show some then please do.
Evidence? How about knocking buildings over with just his reaitsu? Poison can be blown away. That's just common sense. Kenpachi has a massive enough reaitsu to blow solid objects away. Something as non stable as poison spread throughout the air could very easily be blown away. I'm not talking about Kenpachi removing the poison from inside his body. I'm talking about him blowing it away the second it comes near him from outside his body. Uryu's arrow was shown to part the poison as it shot through Mayuri's Bankai. This is the same thing, but omnidirectional and arguably more powerful. Kenpachi's reaitsu can basically act as a shield against the poison.

Here's an example: if you say the recent filler arc with the Zanpakto wars you saw Kenpachi blow away Mayuri's poison with his SP. I know it was filler and doesn't count, but the same concept applies. I'm just using that as an example of how he does it.