PDA

View Full Version : Re: The Official "When's the Shippuden Dub Coming Out?" Thread

NarutoTheSage
04-05-2009, 04:26 PM
The thing I want to know... is Viz having a hard time trying to put Naruto out?

Another thing is... please do not lie to the fans about when something is "supposed" to come out.... :(

Leaf Shinobi
04-05-2009, 04:50 PM

Another thing is... please do not lie to the fans about when something is "supposed" to come out.... :(

It would be wise to finish 50 or so episodes, then once complete put them on tv so that each week we get 1 or 2 new episodes, then at the same time they can work on more.

Why release them immediately and we only see 1 or 2 a month?

SRhyse
04-05-2009, 04:53 PM

It isn't that we're necessarily having a hard time, it's just that there can be quite a few different players involved in decided when, where, why and how something comes out, even for a minor series. For a series like Naruto, there are a mind numbing number of players that influence every aspect of that, and things can sometimes take longer than anyone involved would like. We're very sorry :cry:.

As for lying to fans about when something is "suppose" to come out, we wholeheartedly agree! That's part of the reason we made the forum: So you can hear things straight from us about it. As we've said nothing official on our end about the Shippuden Dub coming out, we'd really like to make that clear to the fans, so they won't get swept away in any rumors that are floating around; rumors we most certainly did not start. Naruto rumors only make my job harder, since I'm going to have to clean them up :(.

Just to be clear, I'm not being coy about the fact that there's nothing official about when it's going to come out.

NarutoTheSage
04-05-2009, 05:11 PM

It isn't that we're necessarily having a hard time, it's just that there can be quite a few different players involved in decided when, where, why and how something comes out, even for a minor series. For a series like Naruto, there are a mind numbing number of players that influence every aspect of that, and things can sometimes take longer than anyone involved would like. We're very sorry :cry:.

As for lying to fans about when something is "suppose" to come out, we wholeheartedly agree! That's part of the reason we made the forum: So you can hear things straight from us about it. As we've said nothing official on our end about the Shippuden Dub coming out, we'd really like to make that clear to the fans, so they won't get swept away in any rumors that are floating around; rumors we most certainly did not start. Naruto rumors only make my job harder, since I'm going to have to clean them up :(.

Just to be clear, I'm not being coy about the fact that there's nothing official about when it's going to come out.

thanks for your input....

i just wanted to make a point clear, i guess. I also have another question... I have not done any research for this but, is there "supposed" to be another Naruto season after shippuden to clear up all the loose ends to the story?

Your opinion would help. :)

SRhyse
04-05-2009, 05:40 PM

thanks for your input....

i just wanted to make a point clear, i guess. I also have another question... I have not done any research for this but, is there "supposed" to be another Naruto season after shippuden to clear up all the loose ends to the story?

Your opinion would help. :)

Do you mean is there going to be another iteration of the Naruto anime after Shippuden? A Dragon Ball GT to Shuppiden's Dragon Ball Z? Or just more Shippuden?

NarutoTheSage
04-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Like a next series, for example: Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, and so forth.

yokokurama
04-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Props to SRhyse for responding elaborately. Good communication=Good Moderator :D

it's unfortunate that they haven't decided on anything official. I really am getting anxious to see Shippuden in English. What about a preview episode?? Like show the first episode of Shippuden as a preview to the upcoming series whenever it is coming. See how fans respond to whatever channel it is shown on and make some decisions from there. Please tell the producers or whoever is making decisions, whether its Ted Turner or Viz Media Board of Directors that we want Naruto Shippuden dubbed now! It's been too long and the longer the wait the more people just stop caring. This means less audience in the future. I for one might just watch it subbed and in that case I would have no concern of watching it dubbed. But its not too late to act. Tell those guys on top to show it soon and they will get BIG ratings, otherwise waiting too long will not work out.

SRhyse
04-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Props to SRhyse for responding elaborately. Good communication=Good Moderator :D

it's unfortunate that they haven't decided on anything official. I really am getting anxious to see Shippuden in English. What about a preview episode?? Like show the first episode of Shippuden as a preview to the upcoming series whenever it is coming. See how fans respond to whatever channel it is shown on and make some decisions from there. Please tell the producers or whoever is making decisions, whether its Ted Turner or Viz Media Board of Directors that we want Naruto Shippuden dubbed now! It's been too long and the longer the wait the more people just stop caring. This means less audience in the future. I for one might just watch it subbed and in that case I would have no concern of watching it dubbed. But its not too late to act. Tell those guys on top to show it soon and they will get BIG ratings, otherwise waiting too long will not work out.
About getting your point across to the decision makers, believe me, they know!

I'd honestly say they have it worse than any of the rest of us, because they're the ones caught in the middle of it all while things are getting worked out. As much as you hate waiting and not knowing, imagine being the guy that's responsible for countless millions of guys just like you waiting and not knowing; it grates at them, believe me.

And they're certainly aware of the money to be made ;).

SRhyse
04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Like a next series, for example: Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, and so forth.
This is all off the record of course, and pretty baseless since they're still knee deep in Shippuden over in Japan. But at some point, I'd imagine they would. I couldn't say where the cut off would be for which volumes of the Naruto manga would become the next iteration, or if any of them that have been penned so far would be, but I'd put money on it happening.

I got the impression that was their strategy with the Naruto anime: Rather than having it be 300+ episodes, they broke it up into different series to avoid it appearing gratuitous, ala Dragon Ball. Kishimoto admittedly hoped this would be the next Dragon Ball, and everything's been going accordingly so far on both the manga and anime front of it. Hopefully, the difference is going to be it all ends up being for the most part good, instead of a forced final series.

If there is a next iteration of Naruto after Shippuden, I'd also imagine it'd be the last one.

Again, all of this is more than a few miles south of official and all me, because it may not have even been thought by the artist himself yet, let alone drawn.

C4 Karura
07-28-2009, 09:38 AM

... Yeah. I agree.

C4 Karura
07-28-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't care if the dub comes out, but there's guys who do, so I hope it comes soon!

C4 Karura
07-28-2009, 09:40 AM
This is all off the record of course, and pretty baseless since they're still knee deep in Shippuden over in Japan. But at some point, I'd imagine they would. I couldn't say where the cut off would be for which volumes of the Naruto manga would become the next iteration, or if any of them that have been penned so far would be, but I'd put money on it happening.

I got the impression that was their strategy with the Naruto anime: Rather than having it be 300+ episodes, they broke it up into different series to avoid it appearing gratuitous, ala Dragon Ball. Kishimoto admittedly hoped this would be the next Dragon Ball, and everything's been going accordingly so far on both the manga and anime front of it. Hopefully, the difference is going to be it all ends up being for the most part good, instead of a forced final series.

If there is a next iteration of Naruto after Shippuden, I'd also imagine it'd be the last one.

Again, all of this is more than a few miles south of official and all me, because it may not have even been thought by the artist himself yet, let alone drawn.
Thanks for the input, even if it's not official.

Sasori of the Red Sand
07-28-2009, 09:53 AM

it's unfortunate that they haven't decided on anything official. I really am getting anxious to see Shippuden in English. What about a preview episode?? Like show the first episode of Shippuden as a preview to the upcoming series whenever it is coming. See how fans respond to whatever channel it is shown on and make some decisions from there. Please tell the producers or whoever is making decisions, whether its Ted Turner or Viz Media Board of Directors that we want Naruto Shippuden dubbed now! It's been too long and the longer the wait the more people just stop caring. This means less audience in the future. I for one might just watch it subbed and in that case I would have no concern of watching it dubbed. But its not too late to act. Tell those guys on top to show it soon and they will get BIG ratings, otherwise waiting too long will not work out.I know how you feel. I'm considering watching it subbed. Unfortunately, I don't want the story to feel "stale" when it's dubbed, because I really want to watch the dubbed version.

Unfortunately, the wait is becoming too long. I hear that episodes 1-4 of the Shippuden English dub will be released towards the end of September, but only those, and then another wait (October for the next episodes)!

I wish Viz a lot of luck in getting the dub out because I'm really eager to see it.

C4 Karura
07-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Why are they releasing the dub so slowly?

ShippudenGirl
07-30-2009, 10:02 AM

*IMPORTANT!*
OK, People I said this a million times :D, You can get the Shippuden IN ENGLISH -NO SUB!- At iTunes, you get THE WHOLE FIRST EPISODE FREE! And the rest only cost $1.99, they only have I think, season 1 out for $22.99, *REMEMBER, ALL IN ENGLISH* And I have the first episode in English, Its AWESOME, just go to iTunes, and search Naruto Shippuden. :D Good Luck! I fell in Love!