PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: about user groups

Nick Tasogare
05-19-2009, 07:19 PM
my friends and i write a fanfiction on the site, and i was wondering if we can be placed into our own "group" or something like that

seannfma
05-19-2009, 07:32 PM
my friends and i write a fanfiction on the site, and i was wondering if we can be placed into our own "group" or something like that
I think the answer is yes but wait for mods

Nick Tasogare
05-19-2009, 07:33 PM
well i think the mods have to make the group anyway, if not its fine, i just thought it would be cool. maybe more people would read the story and do something other than bug the mods and others about the war rules and stuff :)

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 05:29 PM
let me day why id like this to happen. peopl are always posting on the thread if they can join, or that its tmi, even though its a story, and we wanted to make it so that we could be the only ones that could post on the thread.

Sabra
05-21-2009, 05:35 PM
The whole reason is that there are four of us who are quite serious in the writing we're doing because we are making something really interesting and fun. The problem is that other people are showing up who will post a random criticism of the work while not actually taking the time to even read it.

Post in the thread such as, 'wow man those sentences are long' and such are ruining what we're trying to do. We want to be able to make something that others can still read and really enjoy, but prefer to not have to deal with people who won't take the time to actually read it coming in and saying random stuff that distracts from the content.

That is why we're asking to be made into a group where when we post for our story only the ones that are serious have that ability.

TheViolletteHeart
05-21-2009, 05:36 PM
let me day why id like this to happen. peopl are always posting on the thread if they can join, or that its tmi, even though its a story, and we wanted to make it so that we could be the only ones that could post on the thread.

It would be really helpful. And we could keep all of the story pieces that actually go with each other together.

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 05:37 PM
yea we the random posts mess up the continuity, its not like we just want a group for whatever reason :)

Moon
05-21-2009, 05:37 PM
The whole reason is that there are four of us who are quite serious in the writing we're doing because we are making something really interesting and fun. The problem is that other people are showing up who will post a random criticism of the work while not actually taking the time to even read it.

Post in the thread such as, 'wow man those sentences are long' and such are ruining what we're trying to. We want to be able to make something that orders can still read and really enjoy, but prefer to not have to deal with people who won't take the time to actually read it coming in and saying random stuff that distracts from the content.
who are the four

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-21-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm fairly certain you aren't allowed to post fanfiction on this site, if that's what you're talking about. And, if you're wanting your own group for it, as in a group similar to the Global Mods (not having moderating powers, of course) then I sense the answer will be a no.

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 05:38 PM
you can post it as long as you dont use actual naruto characters and personalities

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-21-2009, 05:39 PM
you can post it as long as you dont use actual naruto characters and personalities

Ah, I suppose I was mistaken then.

I still doubt the group thing will happen, if you mean what I think.

TheViolletteHeart
05-21-2009, 05:40 PM

Post in the thread such as, 'wow man those sentences are long' and such are ruining what we're trying to. We want to be able to make something that orders can still read and really enjoy, but prefer to not have to deal with people who won't take the time to actually read it coming in and saying random stuff that distracts from the content.
who are the four

Nick Tasogare, Sabra, Viceroy, and me (TheViolletteHeart)

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 05:40 PM

we really just want to be the only people who can post in that specifiv thread, other than mods of course

Sensei : Riku Arashi
05-21-2009, 05:41 PM
i like your roleplay its pretty cool i like reading it

i just said i anted to join cuz i like writing roleplays 2 but i understand u guys want to b the ones to write

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-21-2009, 05:41 PM

we really just want to be the only people who can post in that specifiv thread, other than mods of course

I guess that's possible, then. Good luck.

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 05:46 PM

i just said i anted to join cuz i like writing roleplays 2 but i understand u guys want to b the ones to write

we just havent had oppurtunities and stuff to add newpeople in, its tough durin an arch already in motion :)

thank you! :)

Konoha'sGreenThunder
05-21-2009, 05:47 PM

we just havent had oppurtunities and stuff to add newpeople in, its tough durin an arch already in motion :)

thank you! :)

You are quite welcome. Haha..=P

Sabra
05-21-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm fairly certain you aren't allowed to post fanfiction on this site, if that's what you're talking about. And, if you're wanting your own group for it, as in a group similar to the Global Mods (not having moderating powers, of course) then I sense the answer will be a no.

It's a roleplay based in the Naruto world format. We've not touched any characters from the series or even named the Hokage. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4309&start=10 (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4309&start=10) is where we picked up the second half of our story if you're interested in see an example, or really just click a random page in that thread to get one.

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 05:49 PM
yea we made about 4o pages of post in that thread lol

Sage Mode
05-21-2009, 05:58 PM
In all honesty, guys, what you're doing is pushing the limits of what we can do. I'm waiting to hear back if it's even acceptable to keep what you've got on the forums. I'm really sorry in advance if we can't let you, so be sure to save what you guys have on your hard drives or something.

In regards to the group thing, unfortunately it contradicts the purpose of a forum. We'd like to keep away from topics that get exclusive. You should totally be allowing other people to join in on the story, by the way. Even if they haven't read everything, think of it as a storytelling exercise to try to include their ideas into what you have going (assuming we can keep this going).

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 06:01 PM
could you just explain how its pushin things? i don't understand, it's not like we use the actual characters, and if needed, we could just go back and change things

itasan
05-21-2009, 06:03 PM
*raises hand*

If you really wanted to make it exclusive, you could always just pm the story. It is possible to pm more than one person at once, and each one of you would receive each reply. Then if you wanted other people to read and comment, you could just post some completed version/section to a topic.

Sage Mode
05-21-2009, 06:07 PM
could you just explain how its pushin things? i don't understand, it's not like we use the actual characters, and if needed, we could just go back and change things
Pushing the limits would be writing a story deeply rooted in the Naruto world, although it is without Naruto characters.

Moon
05-21-2009, 06:08 PM
[quote="Nick Tasogare":3rv28eqp]could you just explain how its pushin things? i don't understand, it's not like we use the actual characters, and if needed, we could just go back and change things
Pushing the limits would be writing a story deeply rooted in the Naruto world, although it is without Naruto characters.[/quote:3rv28eqp]
that is true

05-21-2009, 06:10 PM
[quote="Nick Tasogare":194nw8oz]could you just explain how its pushin things? i don't understand, it's not like we use the actual characters, and if needed, we could just go back and change things
Pushing the limits would be writing a story deeply rooted in the Naruto world, although it is without Naruto characters.[/quote:194nw8oz]

hiw is it deeply rooted if i may ask

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 06:10 PM
[quote="Nick Tasogare":xnt40jn1]could you just explain how its pushin things? i don't understand, it's not like we use the actual characters, and if needed, we could just go back and change things
Pushing the limits would be writing a story deeply rooted in the Naruto world, although it is without Naruto characters.[/quote:xnt40jn1]

but if we had written these characters in different villages and with different leaders abilities, and the like, would that have been pushing it still, or would that be reasonable? i just want to make sure so i dont break the rules (again) or get sued by people who own naruto lol

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 06:11 PM
oh and if it is against the rles, what we aredoing, i mean, i want to apologize, i hope we didnt get anybody in trouble

05-21-2009, 06:13 PM
yeah i just want to know so i don't break the rules

Sabra
05-21-2009, 06:13 PM
[quote="Nick Tasogare":8igxxc5b]could you just explain how its pushin things? i don't understand, it's not like we use the actual characters, and if needed, we could just go back and change things
Pushing the limits would be writing a story deeply rooted in the Naruto world, although it is without Naruto characters.[/quote:8igxxc5b]

I understand what he means. It's pushing at the copyright rules even though we haven't done anything with the characters, we are in their world running on their system.

However, if I maybe allow this opinion, I read up a bit on the whole village group thing that's being put together so that people can fight in a story format, and it's the same exact thing. Even more so if you really look at and think about it. If the village roleplay is going to be allowed there's nothing we're doing that it isn't. Just because we're not using a point based system to try and define our work doesn't mean that it's that different.

That is an opinion or course, but that is how I see things. If our story someone goes against the rules, then how are you supposed to let far more people also pretend to be ninja's and fight against eachother for advancement. It's the same thing.

I do understand as well about making it a private thing, I know why you'd shy away from doing that, we'd just like to be able to like delete the one liners that some people put in that break the flow of the content.

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 06:14 PM
well that is for a game, and we are using villages from the anime/manga while the game doesnt, and this is a story, so it kind of is almost like infringement, because the only similiar thing to the game is the ninja abilities and such.

Sage Mode
05-21-2009, 06:18 PM
[quote="Nick Tasogare":1cgi6yd0]could you just explain how its pushin things? i don't understand, it's not like we use the actual characters, and if needed, we could just go back and change things
Pushing the limits would be writing a story deeply rooted in the Naruto world, although it is without Naruto characters.

I understand what he means. It's pushing at the copyright rules even though we haven't done anything with the characters, we are in their world running on their system.

However, if I maybe allow this opinion, I read up a bit on the whole village group thing that's being put together so that people can fight in a story format, and it's the same exact thing. Even more so if you really look at and think about it. If the village roleplay is going to be allowed there's nothing we're doing that it isn't. Just because we're not using a point based system to try and define our work doesn't mean that it's that different.

That is an opinion or course, but that is how I see things. If our story someone goes against the rules, then how are you supposed to let far more people also pretend to be ninja's and fight against eachother for advancement. It's the same thing.

I do understand as well about making it a private thing, I know why you'd shy away from doing that, we'd just like to be able to like delete the one liners that some people put in that break the flow of the content.[/quote:1cgi6yd0]
The only difference between the two is that one is a story and the other isn't. And that's a big difference in terms of legal issues. I'm not coming at you guys from a place of anger or anything. I'd like for you to keep it at on the forums, I'm just not sure if it's going to fly with the head ninja.

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
well that is for a game, and we are using villages from the anime/manga while the game doesnt, and this is a story, so it kind of is almost like infringement, because the only similiar thing to the game is the ninja abilities and such.

no i didnt think you were angry, and what your saying makes sense, if we were to make it different locations, a slightly tweaked system of such (if it comes to that) would that be ok?

Sage Mode
05-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Let me get back to you tomorrow on how we'll handle it exactly. In the meantime, you can go ahead and carry on as you were.

Nick Tasogare
05-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Let me get back to you tomorrow on how we'll handle it exactly. In the meantime, you can go ahead and carry on as you were.

KK thanks sage mode!

05-21-2009, 06:25 PM
thx sage mode

Sabra
05-21-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes thank you. I also did as you suggested and backed it all up to what is currently there for our own use. I believe you understand what I'm saying about the two aspects of the discussion though. I have to run now, but thank you for your time and consideration.

Sage Mode
05-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey guys, good news! You can keep doing what you're doing for now. I say "for now" because it's subject to change for whatever reason. But you have the green light for the foreseeable future (as long as you steer clear of the Naruto characters and plot, which you know).

Obito
05-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks Sage Mode.

Broko
05-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Sage Modehow many user groups are they cant you make more

Obito
05-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I only have 1 I know some people who have 2.

Sage Mode
05-22-2009, 10:37 AM
We might get into user groups pretty soon, so sit tight. But as I mentioned above, you won't get an exclusive user group all to yourselves, and I think it would be better for you guys to go with the flow in your story thread and just ignore if someone makes a random post.

Broko
05-22-2009, 10:39 AM
We might get into user groups pretty soon, so sit tight. But as I mentioned above, you won't get an exclusive user group all to yourselves, and I think it would be better for you guys to go with the flow in your story thread and just ignore if someone makes a random post.
so you can make me like put me in the village of darkness user group you can do that

Obito
05-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I think only the Village Leader can do that.

Kyuubi
05-22-2009, 11:26 AM
agree

Obito
05-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Someone next to me is texting on her Iphone and she wants to use the computer, I don't get that.

Sage Mode
05-22-2009, 11:31 AM
agree
I think what he means is make a forum user group through the forum software (i.e. your names would be a different color), in which case the Village Leader would probably be the Group Leader. I don't know if we're going to go that route, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Broko
05-22-2009, 11:33 AM
at we know that might happen

Obito
05-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks Sage Mode, you explained that perfect.

Nick Tasogare
05-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey guys, good news! You can keep doing what you're doing for now. I say "for now" because it's subject to change for whatever reason. But you have the green light for the foreseeable future (as long as you steer clear of the Naruto characters and plot, which you know).

YAY thanks so much, we will make sure to stay awau rom actual chars and plots originaly from aruto thank you so much!!!!!!

Obito
05-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey Nick, it's Izuna xD :mrgreen:

05-22-2009, 12:34 PM
[quote="Sage Mode":1w5mnx7j]Hey guys, good news! You can keep doing what you're doing for now. I say "for now" because it's subject to change for whatever reason. But you have the green light for the foreseeable future (as long as you steer clear of the Naruto characters and plot, which you know).

YAY thanks so much, we will make sure to stay awau rom actual chars and plots originaly from aruto thank you so much!!!!!![/quote:1w5mnx7j]

hey nick

Nick Tasogare
05-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey Nick, it's Izuna xD :mrgreen:
yea i know lol i looked at my friend list lol

Obito
05-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Awesome, so what's up, how are you? Anything good you did today.

Nick Tasogare
05-22-2009, 12:42 PM
hey sensei, yea i was in school lol, everyone was wearing masks cuz of swine flu, they want them to close school like a few other schools in boston did bcuz of swine flu lol

Obito
05-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, the swine flue is serious, they're not taking a chance with that in the air.

itasan
05-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah, the swine flue is serious, they're not taking a chance with that in the air.

:roll:

At first it was funny that people were freaking out so much about it, then it was kind of worrying there for a little while, now it's just funny again. ;D

It's hugely over-dramatazied. (Don't make me fall back on the "do you know how many people die of regular flu" argument ;D)

Sabra
05-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Thank you very much for allowing us to continue our work. We appreciate it very much. Thank you as well for the time you took to consider it, and make a judgement.

Obito
05-25-2009, 06:48 AM
Sabra, why don't you get a picture? Isn't that a concern in your Forum profile?

Nick Tasogare
05-25-2009, 09:00 PM

no she doesnt get a pic because it is easier to find her posts because everyone else has pics, so if she doesnt have one, she ont get mixed up by avatars :P

Sabra
05-26-2009, 12:33 AM

no she doesnt get a pic because it is easier to find her posts because everyone else has pics, so if she doesnt have one, she ont get mixed up by avatars :P

What he said. If I could use one of my own pictures I would, but that wasn't an option the last time I was checking the avatar selection.

Just checked, the only image choice that is pretty uncommon I see is the one where Sakura is about to punch someone. I might find a thumbnail or something to attach in my signature area or some such if images are allowed in that section.

Obito
05-27-2009, 09:33 AM
But it's easy to just see your name =\ It's right abover your picture.

alsup22
07-19-2009, 08:36 PM
help how do i make a social group???

<Aurega?>
07-19-2009, 08:42 PM
YOu can't, social groups are only for villages.

alsup22
07-19-2009, 08:42 PM
what ????? well can i use it for a small squad?