PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: A suggestion for Mods and Admins

AkiHoshi
04-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey i have a suggestion- i just joined recently and had not realized that I was not allowed to post links, etc, my post got edited and if i hadn't gone back and checked it i wouldn't have known i wasn't allowed (I hadn't been able to locate the rule page yet, i have found it now)

i was just thinking, you guys who are Mods and Admins who edit posts and stuff, when you edit someone's post, could you PM them about it so that they realize what they did wrong and know not to do it again? That would really help a lot.
Thanks!

SRhyse
04-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey i have a suggestion- i just joined recently and had not realized that I was not allowed to post links, etc, my post got edited and if i hadn't gone back and checked it i wouldn't have known i wasn't allowed (I hadn't been able to locate the rule page yet, i have found it now)

i was just thinking, you guys who are Mods and Admins who edit posts and stuff, when you edit someone's post, could you PM them about it so that they realize what they did wrong and know not to do it again? That would really help a lot.
Thanks!

Sure. We actually have been, but it's usually only for things that're noteworthily bad. If we didn't PM you, that probably means we didn't think you did anything too bad. If enough people want, however, we can make PM'ing you our default behavior when making edits that don't warrant official warnings.

We actually just opened up PM'ing last week, which is why we don't have an official policy on it right now. We weren't originally going to allow it, but you guys have been a pretty good bunch, so we caved a little ;).

AkiHoshi
04-05-2009, 03:52 PM

Thanks!

Sure. We actually have been, but it's usually only for things that're noteworthily bad. If we didn't PM you, that probably means we didn't think you did anything too bad. If enough people want, however, we can make PM'ing you our default behavior when making edits that don't warrant official warnings.

We actually just opened up PM'ing last week, which is why we don't have an official policy on it right now. We weren't originally going to allow it, but you guys have been a pretty good bunch, so we caved a little ;).
thanks, that would help a lot. I really like knowing when i've done something wrong, even if its little tiny. =)