PDA

View Full Version : Why is Naruto in America so edited? Even Uncut?

KrInArD
05-18-2009, 03:56 PM
I mean even the uncut versions are still diluted the japanese version makes the uncut US version look like a sesame street episode its like a rated-R movie

NARUTARD93
05-18-2009, 04:24 PM
I mean even the uncut versions are still diluted the japanese version makes the uncut US version look like a sesame street episode its like a rated-R movie
Because of a little thing we call censorship. The rules for that kind of thing are a lot stricter in America when things come over, because, well no body really pays attention to the ratings over here. And because its a free country. Just because you find something appopriate doesn't mean others will. So instead of offending lots of people all at one time, they decided it was best to just get rid of the problem entirely.

KrInArD
05-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Because of a little thing we call censorship. The rules for that kind of thing are a lot stricter in America when things come over, because, well no body really pays attention to the ratings over here. And because its a free country. Just because you find something appopriate doesn't mean others will. So instead of offending lots of people all at one time, they decided it was best to just get rid of the problem entirely.

yeah but is it not that strict in japan? i mean ive watched both uncut and cut versions of naruto dubbed but when i watched subbed it was crazy in one episode sasuke was using his chidori on itachi and sasuke said "Don't ... with me" and i was like whoa hardcore and if you buy naruto wouldnt that give you the rights to view it as it was written in the script?

ShadowRaiga89
05-19-2009, 05:44 AM

yeah but is it not that strict in japan? i mean ive watched both uncut and cut versions of naruto dubbed but when i watched subbed it was crazy in one episode sasuke was using his chidori on itachi and sasuke said "Don't muck with me" and i was like whoa hardcore and if you buy naruto wouldnt that give you the rights to view it as it was written in the script?

Dragon Ball Kai is a prime example of this. 30-20 years ago, companies could probably get away with the nudity shown in Dragon Ball or DBZ, but now it censored in Japan. So, what you think that the show is a "hardcore, adult show" isn't correct. C'mon man, it's kid's show! Just look at the merchandise on this site, I'm pretty sure it has some equivalents in Japan. Even McDonald' had Naruto-themed Happy Meals in Japan (I've seen the commercial)!

NARUTARD93
05-19-2009, 03:16 PM

yeah but is it not that strict in japan? i mean ive watched both uncut and cut versions of naruto dubbed but when i watched subbed it was crazy in one episode sasuke was using his chidori on itachi and sasuke said "Don't muck with me" and i was like whoa hardcore and if you buy naruto wouldnt that give you the rights to view it as it was written in the script?
Like I said, its a free country here. So its kind of like a double-edged sword. Just simply buying something doesn't entitle you to do whatever you want with it.

KrInArD
05-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Like I said, its a free country here. So its kind of like a double-edged sword. Just simply buying something doesn't entitle you to do whatever you want with it.

good point both of you guys

MiKala89
05-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Idk, But it makes me mad. I like it sooo much better unedited in japanese.

kakashi842
05-31-2009, 02:39 PM
deal with it i mean at least we have naruto

Chidori Shuriken
05-31-2009, 03:27 PM
The reason why it's so edited is that Japan has different 'bad words' then us. I mean, in Subbed Naruto they say damn it all the time, when like 5 year olds watch this show. Japan doesn't have the word dang, or darn, so they say damn.

As for the other parts Japan also has different inappropriate stuff then we do. I hope you understand.

KrInArD
05-31-2009, 03:41 PM
The reason why it's so edited is that Japan has different 'bad words' then us. I mean, in Subbed Naruto they say damn it all the time, when like 5 year olds watch this show. Japan doesn't have the word dang, or darn, so they say damn.

As for the other parts Japan also has different inappropriate stuff then we do. I hope you understand.

thank you that was enlightening and it does make sense

Chidori Shuriken
05-31-2009, 03:44 PM

Yeah. People in Japan probably go around and say damn at least once a day...

KrInArD
05-31-2009, 03:46 PM
[quote="Chidori Shuriken":m7nifmxo]The reason why it's so edited is that Japan has different 'bad words' then us. I mean, in Subbed Naruto they say damn it all the time, when like 5 year olds watch this show. Japan doesn't have the word dang, or darn, so they say damn.

Yeah. People in Japan probably go around and say damn at least once a day...[/quote:m7nifmxo]

yeah but i was watching a subbed version of naruto when sasuke took on itachi in part one and sasuke said dont ;););););) with me and i was like whoa hardcore

Chidori Shuriken
05-31-2009, 03:50 PM
That was a fan sub, not a official one.

Sometimes people go and make up words to put in an episode to spice things up. You should watch the official version and you'll see the difference.

KrInArD
05-31-2009, 03:51 PM

Sometimes people go and make up words to put in an episode to spice things up. You should watch the official version and you'll see the difference.

once again you enlightened me thanks haha

Chidori Shuriken
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM

once again you enlightened me thanks haha

No problem. ^_^

The Anbu's Fiery Rose
06-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Random thought, but wouldn't they still be offending the fans who watch the anime that is being censored? I mean, I know the ones who push the censorship only care for younger viewers, but seriously. I don't understand why they couldn't show (for example) a less offensive Naruto version and then, later on in the night, an uncensored version. A lot of work, I know, but hey, it still would make it better than it ever does now.

KrInArD
06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
because of production time and money doing that woud seem like such a waste to the people that control

TucanaTheToucan
06-04-2009, 06:56 PM
What is taboo in one country may not be taboo in another.

Itachi-Sama
06-05-2009, 11:18 PM

Oh, I see.

madara'
06-10-2009, 07:57 AM
I wish it would still come on TV!

ShadowRaiga89
06-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Besides, the "hardcore" Naruto you watched was FANSUBBED! Fansubbers can put anything they want as subtitles and how do we that their translations are accurate to the original script or not? That's why I'm watching this site's Shippuden episodes because at least they are done by professionals.

Hebi
06-26-2009, 07:18 PM
america doesnt wnt kids running around cussing every five minute like in japan

battlehorse
06-26-2009, 07:44 PM
america doesnt wnt kids running around cussing every five minute like in japan
i do.

RSAHinataSpringbokF1
06-26-2009, 08:01 PM
I got no idea.

NinjaMasterXx
08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
cause its on cartoon network a channel for little kids i hope shippuden is on adultswim so they dont edit it so much

XxHikariXx
08-23-2009, 12:05 AM
I would say they just screwed it up... DVD English Dubbed are uncut... =3

Ninja of the Sky
08-23-2009, 06:03 PM
I have a friend who I just got into Naruto, and he prefers the subbed version because he thinks that the dubbed is not as cool(violent) as the japanese version.

Sharingan_Kakashi_Hatake
08-23-2009, 06:10 PM
wow...u guys go in depth

Vivi
08-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Censorship mostly.
They often skip so much its redicilious even here in Germany.
They didnt even show how Sasori got killed they so skipped like 4-5 minutes.
But its understandable since Kids are watching.
Idea for it:
Show it on a later time of the day.

Taker369
08-24-2009, 12:11 AM
i think they did good with the uncut narutos here in the us.

Rinnegans Six Paths
08-24-2009, 12:16 AM
to suck out our happiness

Taker369
08-24-2009, 12:19 AM
i dont know they did there best.

Rinnegans Six Paths
08-24-2009, 12:20 AM
the uncut is okay

Taker369
08-24-2009, 12:21 AM
yea it is.

xXx~Ai~xXx
08-24-2009, 12:21 AM
it has to do with the strict censorship in America and not being able to fully translate some words that are in japanese into english. the japanese version could be saying some words or phrases that we don't have a translation for so they just try the closest thing. its the overall language barrier. the subs make it seem like theyre cursing alot where over here they just try to make everything sound as close to what they were saying in japanese, not only that but with the mouth flaps that the american voice actors have to deal with, they have to make that sentence fit in the characters mouth or else it'll end up looking like an old Godzilla movie -_- crap that made my brain hurt....

Taker369
08-24-2009, 12:23 AM
wow awsome info thanks.

xXx~Ai~xXx
08-24-2009, 12:24 AM
cause its on cartoon network a channel for little kids i hope shippuden is on adultswim so they dont edit it so much
Naruto Shippuuden isn't going to show on Cartoon Network, its going straight to DVD. But that was my initial hope for the Naruto shippuuden future as well, to bad CN isn't going to air it anymore...they didn't even finish the Naruto series...bastards...:mrgreen:

Taker369
08-24-2009, 12:25 AM
lol i agree.

bleachjoj
08-27-2009, 09:02 AM
I never thought naruto was that edited even after watching the sub version. Some of you make it seem like a 4kids dub. I mean all violence was kept, blood was kept, only thing edited was flying blood. If it was edited that bad they wouldn't have kept Sauske spitting blood of Naruto's face.

NarutoUzumaki12
11-15-2009, 03:03 PM
yeah but is it not that strict in japan? i mean ive watched both uncut and cut versions of naruto dubbed but when i watched subbed it was crazy in one episode sasuke was using his chidori on itachi and sasuke said "Don't ;);););) with me" and i was like whoa hardcore and if you buy naruto wouldnt that give you the rights to view it as it was written in the script?

U do know that a fansubbing comapany known as Dattebayo made Sasuke say that word

nightfire
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Random thought, but wouldn't they still be offending the fans who watch the anime that is being censored? I mean, I know the ones who push the censorship only care for younger viewers, but seriously. I don't understand why they couldn't show (for example) a less offensive Naruto version and then, later on in the night, an uncensored version. A lot of work, I know, but hey, it still would make it better than it ever does now.

ya that is a good idea