PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 477: Don't Speak of Itachi Discussion *Spoilers*

Vatanui AKA Pride
12-24-2009, 04:27 PM
It recently came out, what are your comments on it?

NAGATO_PAIN
12-24-2009, 04:51 PM
OMG...i wuz so freaken NASTOLGIC WHEN I SAW ITACHI!!!!! I HOPE HES ALIVE :)

Jose
12-24-2009, 05:04 PM
OMG...i wuz so freaken NASTOLGIC WHEN I SAW ITACHI!!!!! I HOPE HES ALIVE :)

He might still be living in Sasuke Sharigan like how Minato was still living inside Naruto and stoped him from unleashing the 9 tails.

I think its Itachi's Chakra when he touched sasuke forehead.

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I guess your right. Could be possible though. Its like he comes out for a special occasion like when Naruto was about to release the Nine-tail fox.

Kuroda Taishi
12-24-2009, 07:35 PM
it is probably a response to Danzo, since Itachi warned Danzo not to harm Sasuke

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 07:37 PM
But he doesn't listen does he. Danzo doesn't have a choice. Kuroda, your right about that. But its Sasuke that is coming on Danzo.

Blind Uchiha
12-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Itachi appearing like that is probably a triggered response like Kuroda posted or a genjutsu by Sasuke. I enjoyed this chapter.

DemonOfTheMist
12-24-2009, 07:42 PM
or itachi is not dead...

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Like Kuroda said:
Itachi appearing is most likely a reaction to Danzo. He warned Danzo not to harm Sasuke, and must have implanted a defensive mechanism in Sasuke like he did against Madara.

Kuroda Taishi
12-24-2009, 07:47 PM
But its Sasuke that is coming on Danzo.

True Sasuke is the one who started attacking. However I don't think that is relevant. I think it is just that fact that they are fighting that would be enough to make Itachi appear.

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Well, you know there's a reason why Sasuke is doing this. Because Danzo was part of the Uchiha Massacre.

DemonOfTheMist
12-24-2009, 07:53 PM
maybe hes right but in manga 394 page 7 sasuke is looking at something and then they show 2 pictures of itachi's finger so i assume sasuke is looking at itachi's hand but why? And then on page 9 the first picture sasuke is smiling, why? maybe he has figured out itachi is alive and he has another chance to kill itachi.

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Dude your far away before Itachi died.

Kuroda Taishi
12-24-2009, 07:56 PM
maybe hes right but in manga 394 page 7 sasuke is looking at something and then they show 2 pictures of itachi's finger so i assume sasuke is looking at itachi's hand but why? And then on page 9 the first picture sasuke is smiling, why? maybe he has figured out itachi is alive and he has another chance to kill itachi.

Sorry I have no Idea what you are talking about or what your point is.

DemonOfTheMist
12-24-2009, 07:57 PM
thats when itachi *died*

DemonOfTheMist
12-24-2009, 07:58 PM
arent we talking about why itachi appears at the end of manga 477?

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Wait, he's right. Itachi did die at that chapter. But we are talking about him coming out of no where. He's not alive.

DemonOfTheMist
12-24-2009, 08:06 PM
oh sorry i was talking about how he would be there, not the why he was there

DemonOfTheMist
12-24-2009, 08:15 PM
True Sasuke is the one who started attacking. However I don't think that is relevant. I think it is just that fact that they are fighting that would be enough to make Itachi appear.
true, but what would it matter if itachi appeared?

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 08:19 PM
It was just out of no where. It just occurred

DemonOfTheMist
12-24-2009, 08:27 PM
It was just out of no where. It just occurred

i get what you are saying but im just asking if anybody has any idea why it would matter that he appeared

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Well, didn't you read the previous posts? Itach told Danzo not to hurt Sasuke. And we all know that Sasuke is going straight ahead and kill the guy. But what I think, if I were in Danzo's shoes I would just leave him alone.

But Sasuke can't leave Danzo alone because he's one of the people who got Itachi killed in the first place. Danzo was part of the Uchiha Massacre.

DemonOfTheMist
12-24-2009, 08:58 PM
i know that but if itachi is *dead* why does it matter that he appeared? its not like he can do anything

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Well, the battle between Sasuke, Itachi and Danzo is going to be epic.

Looney-Lyra
12-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I don't know what to think, but my brother's running around the house screaming, "ITACHI'S ALIVE! ITACHI'S ALIIIIIIVIE!!!!" XD

-.-" ...

Naruto321
12-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Lol hes gone mad.

Looney-Lyra
12-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Lol hes gone mad.

LOL I like to think of it a an early Christmas present. ^^;

brunz
12-24-2009, 09:45 PM
so now there isnt gonna be a chap next week?

Nine-TailedSage_Naruto
12-25-2009, 08:26 AM
so now there isnt gonna be a chap next week?

nah there is.

ShounenLover
12-25-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't know what to think, but my brother's running around the house screaming, "ITACHI'S ALIVE! ITACHI'S ALIIIIIIVIE!!!!" XD

-.-" ...

Lol, I can relate to your bro, I screamed when I saw Itachi.:mrgreen::D It felt so good to see him again, not just in flashbacks, Genjutsu or no genjutsu, maybe we can hear his side of the story now.

sasuke_fangirl
12-25-2009, 11:16 AM
it is probably a response to Danzo, since Itachi warned Danzo not to harm Sasukethat is sooooooo true itachi did warn danzo not 2 harm sasuke no wonder why itachi came again

3littlepigs
12-25-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't know what to think of this chapter....ok so it wasn't genjutsu but still I agree with Madara, Sasuke's not thinking before using Susano'o and Amaterasu so fast...he's also giving Madara the opportunity to analyze him even more.

I gotta admit, that Danzou sure knew how to fool everyone around him into thinking he's was crippled and useless...and even though I hate him I think what he said about Itachi and the Uchiha is right. Sasuke's actions don't respect Itachi's wishes and his sacrifice at all...and no matter what he does at this point it won't save the Uchiha from dying.

Itachi! OMFG!! *faints* I don't know if it's really Itachi showing up all of a sudden to protect Sasuke (which would be kind of lame if he's going to try and save Sasuke all the time) or if it's Sasuke using genjutsu to try and slow down Danzou for a moment but it's just too amazing to see him standing there with that face!!! :D:D:D I can't wait until next chapter!! but that's not next week right?

3littlepigs
12-25-2009, 11:30 AM
true, but what would it matter if itachi appeared?

Well it could be important IMO because
1) If it really is Itachi, and I mean not just like Minato who after using his chakra dissapeared but the real Itachi then Sasuke wouldn't have a reason to continue his "revenge" since Itachi would be alive and would stop him. (which makes no sense since in that last interview Kishi said Sasuke's not turning good anytime soon)
2) If it's just something else Itachi left to protect Sasuke then maybe Sasuke will be in shock as well (from seeing him appear) and then it would change the way he's fighting now (which isn't good anyways) to worse.
3) It could just be a weapon Sasuke's using against Danzou to slow him down, in which case it would be important to ME getting me one step closer to hating Sasuke for taking Itachi's style as well as pretending that Itachi would act that way. :mad:

Naruto
12-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Itachi could've planted something that makes him appear if Danzo decides to kill Sasuke.
Itachi isn't alive that was genjutsu.

Am I correct?

3littlepigs
12-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Itachi could've planted something that makes him appear if Danzo decides to kill Sasuke.
Itachi isn't alive that was genjutsu.

Am I correct?

Yeah, I was just giving it as an option but as much as I hate to say it he's not alive...:cry: We just don't know if it's Sasuke's genjutsu or Itachi's genjutsu...we'll have to wait until next chapter.

Hidden Ninja45
12-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Wow, what is up with Danzo. He just will not die. It's so annoying.

I doubt Itachi is actually alive. I'd say that Itachi's reappearance is just a genjutsu-type-thing that Itachi gave Sasuke with that last poke during the Sasuke vs. Itachi fight. It's some sort of protection for Sasuke in case Danzo tried to kill Sasuke.

hamburglar
12-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Aside from Danzo's ressurective capabilities, I don't like how Sasuke just busts out susanoo and amaterasu at the start of battles like it means nothing... the manga tries to make it seem like their is a heavy cost of awakening and using the MS, but then they downplay it by letting Kakashi awaken his, and allowing Sasuke to constantly use it despite his repertoire of other once significant ninjutsu/taijutsu.

If itachi is indeed still around, that further downplays the damaging effects of MS. He was supposedly nearing blindness by his battle with Sasuke... how will he be useful against Danzo?

deidara330
12-25-2009, 12:58 PM
I hate how everyone suddenly thinks that Itachi is alive. People are always jumping to conclusions, just like the time that everyone thought that Sasuke's Susano'o was the nine-tails. I thought it was Susano'o, and no one believed me. This is most likely a genjutsu, Itachi is dead.

I was amazed, I can't believe Karin is actually good for something. I know that she'll probably figure out whatever's going on before Sasuke does and just tell him.

Hooray, we actually get a fight this chapter! Danzo has a buncha new Wind jutsu and Sasuke can summon Hawks! Yay. Did anyone see the panel towards the end of the chapter? Sasuke is nearly blind.

X__Sasuke__X
12-25-2009, 01:18 PM
ITACHI!!!!!
That was what I thought of it! xD

3littlepigs
12-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Aside from Danzo's ressurective capabilities, I don't like how Sasuke just busts out susanoo and amaterasu at the start of battles like it means nothing... the manga tries to make it seem like their is a heavy cost of awakening and using the MS, but then they downplay it by letting Kakashi awaken his, and allowing Sasuke to constantly use it despite his repertoire of other once significant ninjutsu/taijutsu.

If itachi is indeed still around, that further downplays the damaging effects of MS. He was supposedly nearing blindness by his battle with Sasuke... how will he be useful against Danzo?
I've always said that the way Sasuke has used Susano'o and Amaterasu in his last fights is proof that he's not using his head and that Kishi is just showing favoritism. During the fight with the kages I was one of the few saying that Sasuke's chakra should've run out much sooner than it did..it's just not realistic based on the facts/info Kishi himself gives us. Also if Susano'o and Amaterasu are his biggest defense/attacks then he shouldn't be showing it to everyone, especially his opponents just like that, he should be using them only when necessary. Of curse it seems the pain he felt during the last fight wasn't enough and didn't leave that much of an impression on him so I think as soon as Sasuke starts to see as blurry as Itachi he'll probably realize that, he'll be in shock and blame it on someone else and he'll want revenge on that person...:roll:

Itachi was feared by Madara even when he was nearing blindness so I'm sure he would take care of Danzou in a second. I'm sure that's not actually Itachi though..it's too good to be true.:cry:
I hate how everyone suddenly thinks that Itachi is alive. People are always jumping to conclusions, just like the time that everyone thought that Sasuke's Susano'o was the nine-tails. I thought it was Susano'o, and no one believed me. This is most likely a genjutsu, Itachi is dead.

I was amazed, I can't believe Karin is actually good for something. I know that she'll probably figure out whatever's going on before Sasuke does and just tell him.

Hooray, we actually get a fight this chapter! Danzo has a buncha new Wind jutsu and Sasuke can summon Hawks! Yay. Did anyone see the panel towards the end of the chapter? Sasuke is nearly blind.

Everyone is a big statement ;)...as much as I would love for him to be alive I know he's not and by the way I was also one of the few who kept saying that thing behind Sasuke wasn't the Kyuubi. I just don't think it was necessarily Susano'o...more like his negative energy coming out since Karin was the only one who felt it.

and which panel are you talking about? I can't seem to find it.

NarutoUzumaki12
12-25-2009, 01:39 PM
he probably put himself in Sasuke's Sharingan

Amani
12-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else: it's probably just some kind of genjutsu that Itachi implanted in Sasuke for when a situation like this happens.

If that's the case...WOW. Itachi sure does think ahead! O_o He's amazing! o_o;; Then again, that should be no surprise to me. ;)

But if Itachi is alive...I swear I will jump off a building in joy!

But poor Kishimoto. Seriously? He needs a break from writing manga. D: Even if I don't want to wait more than a week for the next chapter to come out, I'd be willing to survive two weeks, I guess. I mean, seriously. Kishimoto is no machine. XD

Kaye723
12-25-2009, 02:05 PM
By my count, this is the third time a "dead" character has reappeared. Does anybody else sense a trend forming?

If we're going based on what we've already seen in the series, it's most likely that this Itachi is a manifestation resulting from something he did during the battle with Sasuke. He may have imprinted himself onto Sasuke somehow, not unlike how Minato imprinted himself into Naruto's subconscious and rigged it so that he would appear in a specific situation.

MiKala89
12-25-2009, 02:08 PM
I freaked out! It'd be amazing if he was still alive!! But I doubt that! :(

kit
12-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Sasuke has already used Susanoo and Amaterasu. That leaves one of Itachi's powers for Sasuke to try. So I assume he is now using Tsukiyomi on Danzo, and the vision of Itachi is part of his genjutsu.

Sephiroth
12-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Could itcahi actually be alive. Could of tobi or sasuke have a reanimation jutsu like oro?? Or could it be a genejutsu or could he have never died so many questions

Kaye723
12-25-2009, 04:59 PM
I swear... Kishimoto is drawing plot ideas like this one out of a hat just to torment us.

3littlepigs
12-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Sasuke has already used Susanoo and Amaterasu. That leaves one of Itachi's powers for Sasuke to try. So I assume he is now using Tsukiyomi on Danzo, and the vision of Itachi is part of his genjutsu.

Yeah it's most likely his version of Tsukuyomi, either that or just regular genjutsu. I re-read the chapter and when the crows start coming out of Sasuke he's not surprised at all, also he should've seen Itachi before Danzou did since Itachi appeared behind Danzou and Sasuke wasn't shocked which he would've been if it was indeed Itachi who left a genjutsu to activate for Danzou. He's just trying to buy himself some time to hit Danzou...:roll:

RockyL
12-25-2009, 05:11 PM
this chapter was just full of awesome sauce. It was so filled that as i was reading it the awesome sauce sloshed over the edge and landed on my hand and i was like AWESOME!!!

mrsticky005
12-25-2009, 05:15 PM
this chapter was just full of awesome sauce. It was so filled that as i was reading it the awesome sauce sloshed over the edge and landed on my hand and i was like AWESOME!!!

Awesome sauce!
Another person who uses the word "Awesome sauce".

mirage
12-26-2009, 07:52 AM
i'm gonna disapoint you all but i think it has nothing to do with itachi. My guess is that Sasuke used susano'o and failed. then he used amaterasu and failed! so what's next? Kishimoto said one of the interwievs that Tsukuyomi started to show up. right after danzo said you made uchiha sacrifice meaningless sasuke's pupil gets bigger and attacks danzo. at that moment madara realizes something look carefully at action marks around his sharingan. Then sasuke cuts sharinganarm. DAnzo appears again says it's no use. Sasuke's pupils gets more bigger. and bam! itachi appears. I guess sasuke using tsukuyomi on danzo he used both of his super ms moves and failed this is his last resort.

Space Cowboy Sasori
12-26-2009, 07:53 AM
I missed Itachi, I mean the manga was lacking Uchiha's.

3littlepigs
12-26-2009, 08:31 AM
i'm gonna disapoint you all but i think it has nothing to do with itachi. My guess is that Sasuke used susano'o and failed. then he used amaterasu and failed! so what's next? Kishimoto said one of the interwievs that Tsukuyomi started to show up. right after danzo said you made uchiha sacrifice meaningless sasuke's pupil gets bigger and attacks danzo. at that moment madara realizes something look carefully at action marks around his sharingan. Then sasuke cuts sharinganarm. DAnzo appears again says it's no use. Sasuke's pupils gets more bigger. and bam! itachi appears. I guess sasuke using tsukuyomi on danzo he used both of his super ms moves and failed this is his last resort.
Yeah some of us had already come up with the same conclusion so you're not the only one. :)

Kuroda Taishi
12-26-2009, 08:46 AM
i know that but if itachi is *dead* why does it matter that he appeared? its not like he can do anything

Then what is the point of showing him at all? That's just stupid to show him and not have him do anything.

He will most likely fight Danzo, or have an important talk with Danzo. But he will serve some purpose.

mirage
12-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah some of us had already come up with the same conclusion so you're not the only one. :)
oh really i only saw peole talking about genjutsu. but tsukuyomi is something more than genjutsu.

coinmanmat
12-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Ok so just like everyone else, I was shocked to see Itachi as well. However, I think we will find out if he is actually alive or if this is just some sort of illusion in the next chapter which I dont think will be out next week because I believe Weekly Shonen Jump takes a break the week of New Years. Chapter 477 was actually from issue 5-6 which dosent actually come out till Monday. Some places get the magazine early.

3littlepigs
12-26-2009, 09:05 AM
^^
oh really i only saw peole talking about genjutsu. but tsukuyomi is something more than genjutsu.
Besides Kit, I mentioned in my first post (in page 1 or 2) that it could be one of Sasuke's genjutsus. Tsukuyomi is the ultimate genjutsu so to speak but it's still a genjutsu. ;) Also I didn't mean it in an offensive way so sorry if it sounded like that.

*Talim of the moonlight*
12-26-2009, 11:13 AM
I screamed when i saw Itachi! I really hope he isn't dead because i have been hearing rumors that Itachi was still alive!

mirage
12-26-2009, 04:24 PM
^^

Besides Kit, I mentioned in my first post (in page 1 or 2) that it could be one of Sasuke's genjutsus. Tsukuyomi is the ultimate genjutsu so to speak but it's still a genjutsu. ;) Also I didn't mean it in an offensive way so sorry if it sounded like that.

you shouldn't be i sounded like i'm attacking or offensive for that i'm sorry :) i didn't see it. well anyway we'll see next week

3littlepigs
12-26-2009, 04:29 PM
you shouldn't be i sounded like i'm attacking or offensive for that i'm sorry :) i didn't see it. well anyway we'll see next week
That's ok I just wanted to make sure mine didn't sound offensive or agressive. Yeah, we just have to wait until next chapter...although when it comes to Itachi is hard for me to wait! LOL:p

Devito Uchiha
12-26-2009, 04:48 PM
It was amazing . I think Itachi is in Sasuke .

lue mieli
12-26-2009, 05:45 PM
At first I was pretty sure it was Sasuke casting a genjutsu on Danzo (a la Tsukuyomi, yes?) but considering that Danzo has a farkload of Sharingans on his arm, it seems like he would have been able to tell whether or not it's a genjutsu.

Plus, it's kind of a kick below the belt to cast an illusion of his brother just to scare the pants off Danzo after telling him not to talk about Itachi.

One thing that comes to mind is that after the Sasuke vs. Itachi fight, at least in the version I read, Zetsu questions whether it's possible he's not really dead. (chapter 394, pages 06 and 07. "That Itachi... isn't dead?")

I always just brushed it off as a mistranslation *shrug* We never were shown what happened to Itachi's body afterwards. Even if he was somehow still alive, he shouldn't be able to use his Mangekyou Sharingan. He was practically blind by the end of the battle.

I agree with those who think that it's kind of like Mintao residing in Naruto's subconscious. I'm sure Itachi set up some kind of trap like he set up Amaterasu for Madara.

An off-screen edo tensei would be frickin sweet though.

yet.. Itachi coming back from the dead would be a huge middle finger.

Either way. Itachi has the best stonecold badass expression. Ever.

Hando Craap
12-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Probably a piece of him like Orochimaru in the end fight of Sasuke ad Itachi.But remember when Itachi poked his forehead right before he died.It might have been to give him a sliver to protect him from Danzou AND Madara.

lue mieli
12-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Probably a piece of him like Orochimaru in the end fight of Sasuke ad Itachi.But remember when Itachi poked his forehead right before he died.It might have been to give him a sliver to protect him from Danzou AND Madara.

Speaking of Orochimaru, he was sealed away by Susano'o.. so.. what happened to the remains that Kabuto absorbed? Last time we saw Kabuto, Orochimaru's remains were trying to take over his body. Um. What.

3littlepigs
12-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Speaking of Orochimaru, he was sealed away by Susano'o.. so.. what happened to the remains that Kabuto absorbed? Last time we saw Kabuto, Orochimaru's remains were trying to take over his body. Um. What.

We still don't know if Kabuto absorbed Oro or if Oro took over Kabuto's body. Oro's like a cockroach, nothing seems to kill him for good so it's possible he was still trying to take over Kabuto's body even after he was sealed. I'm pretty sure Kabuchimaru will make another appearance...:|

UchihaLeon
12-26-2009, 09:45 PM
I have an explanation. Please check the other thread with this topic because I don't want to post the same information twice. ^/_\^

InuyashaGirl
12-26-2009, 10:52 PM
maybe itachi went allllll orochimaru and made his own forbiidddden jutsu that puts him in sasuke untill the opertoon time

ShounenLover
12-29-2009, 11:12 PM
We still don't know if Kabuto absorbed Oro or if Oro took over Kabuto's body. Oro's like a cockroach, nothing seems to kill him for good so it's possible he was still trying to take over Kabuto's body even after he was sealed. I'm pretty sure Kabuchimaru will make another appearance...:|

Kabuchimaru!LOL!:lol:, now that's funny! Jeez, I seem to make a joke of most things in this thread. I better stop, Kabuchimaru...*chuckles*:lol:

Snowy Owl
12-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Did anybody else find it significant that the Itachi image was using the Mangekyo Sharingan? It wasn't like him to use the Mangekyo right away like that, and I think he lost the ability to use it altogether shortly before his death. This makes me think that it's an illusion cast by somebody who didn't know him well, and not an imprint that Itachi left.

Jinchiruuki
12-30-2009, 02:23 PM
In my opinion I think the Itachi appearing is a genjutsu made specially to appear when Sasuke is fighting Madara/Danzo. We all know that Itachi was extremely intelligent maybe the same as Shikamaru and planned far ahead as seen with his Amaterasu implant in Sasuke when he saw Madara's sharingan. I would not put it past Itachi to have implanted his crow clone technique/genjutsu in Sasuke to protect him from being killed or wounded...kind of the same as Minato's appearance in Naruto to protect his son from being fully transformed. As far as Itachi being alive, I highly doubt this because his death was by far the most honorable one we have ever seen so far and I doubt Kishi would dishonor that death by making it a "Itachi cried wolf" type death. I also have the feeling that this Crow clone/genjutsu protection thing (which is what I think it is but may be wrong) is the same thing that was implanted into Naruto by Itachi...to show Sasuke that even his older brother believed in Naruto and agreed with him which would bring him back/give him a better chance in either fighting Sasuke or bringing him home..but that last part I stated is offtopic of this..my apologies.

Anyways I really like the twists that Kishi is adding..he is making us think a lot more than he used to in my opinion. The plots keep getting deeper and deeper and I am enjoying every aspect of it.

hentake66
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I think that Itachi used a technique before he died to protect Sasuke whenever he is in danger. It's a lot like what the 4th Hokage used if Naruto's seal is removed. Maybe the technique is that his soul remains in the eye that he gave to Sasuke. ;)

Reala
01-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Is there a chapter coming out this week? Because then some of our questions may be answered.

Maybe Itachi turned up in that world Madara sent Sasuke and Karin to?
Because no one knows what happened in there, except for when Sasuke came out, he was healed and stuff
and they switched places or something?
But i definatley do believe that whoever turned into Itachi was not the real Sasuke
and since when did Sasuke learn to summon birds either?
He wouldn't have learnt it with Orochimaru, and he wouldn't have learnt it in the forehead poke i don't think, because he'd need to sign a contract first

valtreck
01-09-2010, 08:13 AM
i was surprised when itachi showed up, can't wait for next one!!