PDA

View Full Version : America is overprotective. (Spoilers through Ch. 338)

Hockey Otaku
12-10-2009, 03:45 PM
A generalization based on the edits their editors have made. Let's focus on just one.

If you read the typical graphic novel format of Naruto that you can buy at the common bookstore, a Borders or whatever, you might notice something odd looking going on with the drawings of Shikamaru immediately after Asuma's death.

In chapter 331, his mouth is opened abmnormally all the time. And then on page 5 you see his hand, as if grasping something, but there's nothing there. I thought it looked like he was smoking.

Then in chapter 338, Shikamaru holds Asuma's lighter up near his mouth, but there's nothing there. If you look at an scan online, you can see he's lighting a cigarette. And in the American thing, he throws the lighter in order to set off the bombs and kill Hidan. He was actually throwing, in the uncut, the cigarette.

Apparently, in America, manga can include smoking on any level if the person is of the legal age. We see this with Ogata 9 Dan in the A-rated Hikaru no Go and Sanji in the T-rated One Piece. But apparently, if an underage person is smoking they have to edit it. This is found in Naruto, and in volume 1-2 of Hikaru no Go, when Tetsuo Kaga "puts out his gum on the go board". They made several inconsistencies when they edited that one. Another time, in Whistle, Shigeki Sato is shown smoking and an editor's note is written next to it that says "Chocolate cigarette, no smoking!"

Just something I noticed and decided to look into.

Sasuke072
12-10-2009, 03:50 PM
That's stupid if you ask me... They're just ruining perfectly good anime.

Vatanui AKA Pride
12-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Well, yeah, smoking in manga released in the US is allowed if the person who is doing so is of the legal age.

NarutoUzumaki12
12-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Wow tats pathetic

NarutoReader
12-10-2009, 04:06 PM
in Dragon ball Japanese version in some episodes you can see master Roshi drinks beer but in the American version they changed the liquid to juice.

americans for some reason Americans censor WAY to much when it actually not needed because its not affecting the person at all. its a proven fact.

luckily in my countries animes are bought directly from japan and not being censored at all. sometimes it subtitled, sometimes dubbed but never censored. of course you wont see then curse too much unless it is aired in the evening, which will probably be subtitled.

Hockey Otaku
12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Well, yeah, smoking in manga released in the US is allowed if the person who is doing so is of the legal age.

Apparently, in America, manga can include smoking on any level (EDIT: ratings, I mean) if the person is of the legal age.

Cough cough ^ xD

Hidden Ninja45
12-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah, America is crazy with there edits. The Anime on TV is even worse. But now manga is getting edited, too. This is just crazy. America has really got to stop sugar coating this stuff.

NaruCrazy2009
12-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I love how they edit under-age smoking in Anime/Manga, but they still allow crap like American Pie or MTV cussing. I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!

mrsticky005
12-10-2009, 09:16 PM
In case you didn't notice the Japanese anime had changed Shikamaru's smoking into
him holding the lighter. Personally I like the change. It made a lot more sense
to throw a lighter than a ciggarette.

Narutorious
12-10-2009, 10:39 PM
The majority of americans reading/watching Naruto is kids or teenagers, USA will do what they can to attempt to not encourage their fans to smoke, drink, etc.

Narutorious
12-10-2009, 10:42 PM
I love how they edit under-age smoking in Anime/Manga, but they still allow crap like American Pie or MTV cussing. I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!

Those examples are either PG-13 or a higher rating, & MTV only allowed some cussing. Most animes/mangas are target for younger viewers.

C4 Karura
12-11-2009, 01:08 AM
I knew they edited some things... But it's actually that bad? Wow...

Ashen
12-11-2009, 01:31 AM
This topic is exactly why a lot of people prefer subs over American TV dubs when it comes to Anime. America has this obscene thing about editing out anything that could possibly be scene as offensive or could possibly give bad social imaging to young people.

I've also heard it's to appease the whining soccer moms. :p

Maikeru D. Shinigami
12-11-2009, 01:37 AM
This topic is exactly why a lot of people prefer subs over American TV dubs when it comes to Anime. America has this obscene thing about editing out anything that could possibly be scene as offensive or could possibly give bad social imaging to young people.

Absolutely correct.

In my opinion, it is pretty saddening that because some "soccer moms" don't like anything obscene or violent that it has to be ruined for everyone else. If you don't want yourr kids to see it put a lock on the show or something ... or just as good PAY ATTENTION to what they are watching. Why make the government do your job and ruin it for everyone? I don't get it.

Bacon
12-11-2009, 01:44 AM
thats too be expected, America is full of hypocrises and this is one of them. The silly notion that kids will be influenced is absurb since they will most likly try it anyways. however its not that big a deal, even if the laws in place are retarded

Bacon
12-11-2009, 01:46 AM
Absolutely correct.

In my opinion, it is pretty saddening that because some "soccer moms" don't like anything obscene or violent that it has to be ruined for everyone else. If you don't want yourr kids to see it put a lock on the show or something ... or just as good PAY ATTENTION to what they are watching. Why make the government do your job and ruin it for everyone? I don't get it.

yes, those soccer moms need a reality check and our govt officials need to grow a brain

Ashen
12-11-2009, 02:03 AM
I won't pretend to know the laws surrounding what has to be edited in american manga and anime. I'm really not even sure there are laws... Heck I've read american versions of manga that still have partial nudity which makes the fact that they edit out/cover up something as trivial as smoking all the more mind boggling. :/

Hence why I support the probable fact that it's just to reduce complaints from overprotective soccer moms. Tbh though, other than the TV cut happy edits that we see so often and are so painful to watch which are mildly understandable on a Disney channel, I really don't understand half the edits they make in Manga and trying to understand it will likely just make my head explode. <<

mrsticky005
12-11-2009, 02:05 AM
I agree that parents should parent.
But I also think that sometimes it's not really
necessary for a show to curse or be overly violent.
I think censoring the cursing encourages the writing
staff (for the dubs) to be more creative in dialogue
so they don't make it sound incredibly lame.

For instance when Sasuke stabs Itachi

in the scan he said:

"I said 'this is the end' you murderous, traitorous f**k"

in the Viz translation he said

"Let me try this again...I have one last thing to ask, you miserable lout."

a lout is defined as "a young man who behaves in a very rude, offensive and sometimes violent way"

which actually fits Itachi better than a "f**k"

mrsticky005
12-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Of course Soccer moms have the right to complain when they are the ones buying them for their kids. Not saying that anyone in particular does that.

Ashen
12-11-2009, 02:27 AM
I agree that parents should parent.
But I also think that sometimes it's not really
necessary for a show to curse or be overly violent.
I think censoring the cursing encourages the writing
staff (for the dubs) to be more creative in dialogue
so they don't make it sound incredibly lame.

For instance when Sasuke stabs Itachi

in the scan he said:

"I said 'this is the end' you murderous, traitorous f**k"

in the Viz translation he said

"Let me try this again...I have one last thing to ask, you miserable lout."

a lout is defined as "a young man who behaves in a very rude, offensive and sometimes violent way"

which actually fits Itachi better than a "f**k"I don't mind as much dialouge sensor, but I absolutely hate it when production companies cut stuff out of anime(especially when you suddenly get the sense that you missed something that happened and it turns out it was because 1 or 2 seconds of action was just cut out).

Of course Soccer moms have the right to complain when they are the ones buying them for their kids. Not saying that anyone in particular does that.If the show is overly violent it probably shouldn't be dubbed onto TV then. The reason they do it anyways though is typically to try and attract a younger fan base and hence get more fans to buy their stuff which, of course, means they need to appease the Soccer Moms.

But doing this tends to piss off the series long time fans which end up being the people who don't want anything cut out and are generally old enough to buy it on their own and handle what they see in it.

Seriously, trying to take a manga/anime that is originally not American standard child friendly and then making it American standard child friendly typically ends up ruining it in the eyes of the actual fans of the series, which is why I notice more people just sticking to fansubs/fan-translations than actually going out to buy the dubbed stuff.

mrsticky005
12-11-2009, 02:42 AM
I don't mind as much dialouge sensor, but I absolutely hate it when production companies cut stuff out of anime(especially when you suddenly get the sense that you missed something that happened and it turns out it was because 1 or 2 seconds of action was just cut out).

If the show is overly violent it probably shouldn't be dubbed onto TV then. The reason they do it anyways though is typically to try and attract a younger fan base and hence get more fans to buy their stuff which, of course, means they need to appease the Soccer Moms.

But doing this tends to piss off the series long time fans which end up being the people who don't want anything cut out and are generally old enough to buy it on their own and handle what they see in it.

Seriously, trying to take a manga/anime that is originally not American standard child friendly and then making it American standard child friendly typically ends up ruining it in the eyes of the actual fans of the series, which is why I notice more people just sticking to fansubs/fan-translations than actually going out to buy the dubbed stuff.

Ok there's such a thing as the uncut DVDs and Itunes.
I get the Itunes version. Yes you have to pay for it
from Itunes but then again you have to pay for
that Disney XD channel too in your cable bill and
if you're not paying that cable bill you don't have
a lot of room to complain.

Personally it doesn't matter to me how much blood there is or if we see someone get their head exploded or not. It's just that if they are going
to edit something out then do it convincingly enough that I can't tell.

There are however times that I think seem overboard on editing the violence and that's when they take out something but without
it doesn't make sense.

Who are the "actual fans" anyways?

Ashen
12-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Ok there's such a thing as the uncut DVDs and Itunes.
I get the Itunes version. Yes you have to pay for it
from Itunes but then again you have to pay for
that Disney XD channel too in your cable bill and
if you're not paying that cable bill you don't have
a lot of room to complain.

Personally it doesn't matter to me how much blood there is or if we see someone get their head exploded or not. It's just that if they are going
to edit something out then do it convincingly enough that I can't tell.

There are however times that I think seem overboard on editing the violence and that's when they take out something but without
it doesn't make sense.

Who are the "actual fans" anyways?When it comes to buying uncut DVD's there's still typically the problem of how the dubbed voices are horrible in some anime, but that's a whole other can of worms. And regardless, uncut DVD's don't help whats been edited out of manga. Although sooner or later, at least for a couple of manga that I've read the dubbed version of, there has been a second release that has stuff that was edited out of the original English release, put back in.

Anyways the actual fans are the people who are long time supporters of original Jap version of an anime/manga and the people who anticipated the arrival of said anime/manga in their native language. And then of course, the new fans are the younger generation that the edited version of an anime/manga typically target.

princezzhinata
12-11-2009, 04:41 AM
Not only the manga...They ruined the show as well @_@

mrsticky005
12-11-2009, 04:42 AM
When it comes to buying uncut DVD's there's still typically the problem of how the dubbed voices are horrible in some anime, but that's a whole other can of worms.

By horrible dubs I'm hoping you don't mean Naruto. Although the early episodes aren't so great the quality of the dubs gets a lot better as you
go on. But as you said this is another can of worms.

Though if you don't watch the dub then are you complaining about
the edits of the subtitled version? Cause if you are then I'm pretty
sure it isn't edited by Viz. They leave it uncut from the original Japanese version. Only what's on Disney XD gets edited from the original Japanese.

And regardless, uncut DVD's don't help whats been edited out of manga.

I'll agree that it's a little disappointing when it doesn't follow the manga.
But you gotta take some and then leave some. The manga is more violent
because it's easier to get away with it.

Although sooner or later, at least for a couple of manga that I've read the dubbed version of, there has been a second release that has stuff that was edited out of the original English release, put back in.

You mean uncut version?

Anyways the actual fans are the people who are long time supporters of original Jap version of an anime/manga and the people who anticipated the arrival of said anime/manga in their native language. And then of course, the new fans are the younger generation that the edited version of an anime/manga typically target.

I consider the younger fans people who buy the series (whether it's itunes, disney xd, or dvds) or those who watch subtitle episodes on Naruto.viz.com (they get money from advertising).

Hockey Otaku
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
They also show teen smoking and drinking on MTV. Take World's Strictest Parents, for instance.

On the other hand, some hockey moms practically encourage their kids to cuss. (not mine though)
I don't mind as much dialouge sensor, but I absolutely hate it when production companies cut stuff out of anime(especially when you suddenly get the sense that you missed something that happened and it turns out it was because 1 or 2 seconds of action was just cut out).
And this. Quoted for truth.

Nemico
12-11-2009, 02:45 PM
A generalization based on the edits their editors have made. Let's focus on just one.

If you read the typical graphic novel format of Naruto that you can buy at the common bookstore, a Borders or whatever, you might notice something odd looking going on with the drawings of Shikamaru immediately after Asuma's death.

In chapter 331, his mouth is opened abmnormally all the time. And then on page 5 you see his hand, as if grasping something, but there's nothing there. I thought it looked like he was smoking.

Then in chapter 338, Shikamaru holds Asuma's lighter up near his mouth, but there's nothing there. If you look at an scan online, you can see he's lighting a cigarette. And in the American thing, he throws the lighter in order to set off the bombs and kill Hidan. He was actually throwing, in the uncut, the cigarette.

Apparently, in America, manga can include smoking on any level if the person is of the legal age. We see this with Ogata 9 Dan in the A-rated Hikaru no Go and Sanji in the T-rated One Piece. But apparently, if an underage person is smoking they have to edit it. This is found in Naruto, and in volume 1-2 of Hikaru no Go, when Tetsuo Kaga "puts out his gum on the go board". They made several inconsistencies when they edited that one. Another time, in Whistle, Shigeki Sato is shown smoking and an editor's note is written next to it that says "Chocolate cigarette, no smoking!"

Didnt know that...
Thats just lame, it ruins the Moment.
I guess thats just the US for you, following the laws to the very smallest detail.

ThePurpleChidori
12-11-2009, 02:57 PM
That's why the XD version of Shippuden stinks so bad; they won't even show Sasuke ALMOST stabbing Naruto, or Deidara's arm coming off, but they'll show the aftermath. They won't show blood and stuff.

In the manga, it's better, though it's understandable about the Shikamaru thing; he's 16 and underage. Still, I hate those edits. I hate when I miss out of 2 seconds of action.

That's why many are sticking with scans and subs. Scans and Subs, that's it. SS. That way it's not ruined.

♥Gaara's Fangirl♥
12-11-2009, 04:21 PM

Shikamaru does smoke...look it up on narupedia.Shikamaru took on smoking after Asuma's death.

Anbu Psy-Ops
12-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Guys, it's important to keep some things in mind regarding this issue. No one is treading into flame territory yet, but keep yourselves levelheaded.

First you have to separate the editor’s preferences from America's general sensibilities. Would Naruto sell nearly as well if Viz got angry phone calls from parents because of a cigarette? There are a lot of different takes on how localizing should be approached, but every company hoping to sell entertainment in the U.S. HAS to pay attention to the social landscape. Japan has different mores and folkways than we do, it's just a fact. What's OK for children there does not, at times, "fly" over here in the States. And besides, is the cigarette REALLY that important considering the quality of the editing?

Furthermore, there are many many English-speaking anime and manga fanatics right now that were introduced to the culture through localized series such as Pokemon etc. So while there's definitely validity in desiring a more "pure" experience, just remember exactly how these things got to you in the first place. Not to mention, buying from Viz and other companies helps support the mangaka and production studios back in Japan. And yes, I say support. When’s the last time you heard of someone working in this industry driving a Lamborghini or living in a mansion?

And lastly, per AshenReapers comment, I refuse to believe that you can stratify fandom based solely on the ability to read Japanese and access something sold in another country. Anyone who loves a series is a fan of it, and though your appreciation might be more complex and developed, it doesn't help anything to start tacking on labels and pointing fingers. Lord knows I've not heard of many (if any) manga or anime that haven't been released in the U.S., and I'd have words with anyone who told me I wasn't THAT big a fan of what's currently dominating my bookshelf =D

It's an enormously complex issue, but just remember that the blame definitely does not lay entirely with editors. No one is perfect...but they are working in a relatively difficult position, and I encourage everyone reading this to do as much research as they can to become informed fans. We're a community: help each other out.

Jinchiruuki
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I agree with you Anbu. They have to "censor" what seems like things that aren't accepted here. The same thing went for Dragonball Z here is the US. The uncut Japanese version had more blood, cussing and etc etc.

mrsticky005
12-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Good post Anbu.

Ur Mom
12-11-2009, 06:24 PM
WE KNOW, we know Anbu, don't worry

mrsticky005
12-11-2009, 06:36 PM
WE KNOW, we know Anbu, don't worry

You might. But others might not.

trouble88
12-11-2009, 06:39 PM
man that was so stupid I see kids under 18 somke sometime and that was no big f**k deal who care anyway

mrsticky005
12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
man that was so stupid I see kids under 18 somke sometime and that was no big f**k deal who care anyway

Parents do. They don't want their kids to start smoking because they see
other people do it.

trouble88
12-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Parents do. They don't want their kids to start smoking because they see
other people do it.
well I still don't give a f**k

mrsticky005
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
well I still don't give a f**k

If you didn't give a f**k you wouldn't be complaining in the first place.

You say that kids under the age of 18 smoking is "no big f**k deal" but really
it actually is. Teenage smoking will probably never be stopped. But it shouldn't be encouraged. First of all smoking can over time kill the person
smoking it. So if you say "it's fine for kids to smoke" then you're also saying
"it's fine if someday in the future this kid gets lung cancer" because chances
are that kid WILL get lung cancer.

But I suppose you could make the argument that a cheeseburger will kill you over time.

The difference between ciggs and cheeseburgers is that there's no such
thing as second-hand cheeseburger. You can develop lung cancer from
second hand smoke.

Imagine you were a parent. Would you want your son or daughter smoking?

Honestly when I think about it, it seems pointless that Shikamaru suddenly
took up smoking because Asuma died and then gave up when defeating
Hidan. It seemed more like Kishimoto was thinking "I bet Shikamaru
would look cool smoking a ciggarette".

I mean does it really hurt the story taking out the ciggarettes?

Hockey Otaku
12-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Guys, it's important to keep some things in mind regarding this issue. No one is treading into flame territory yet, but keep yourselves levelheaded. Ok! :mrgreen:

First you have to separate the editor’s preferences from America's general sensibilities. Would Naruto sell nearly as well if Viz got angry phone calls from parents because of a cigarette? My mom wouldn't call them, she just wouldn't let me read it. There are reasons that I don't let her see the stuff. But I did tell her about this, and she didn't get mad. Then again, it's not like I'm 9 or something. There are a lot of different takes on how localizing should be approached, but every company hoping to sell entertainment in the U.S. HAS to pay attention to the social landscape. Japan has different mores and folkways than we do, it's just a fact. What's OK for children there does not, at times, "fly" over here in the States. And besides, is the cigarette REALLY that important considering the quality of the editing? Nope. I was just pointing out something I noticed.

Furthermore, there are many many English-speaking anime and manga fanatics right now that were introduced to the culture through localized series such as Pokemon etc. So while there's definitely validity in desiring a more "pure" experience, just remember exactly how these things got to you in the first place. Not to mention, buying from Viz and other companies helps support the mangaka and production studios back in Japan. And yes, I say support. When’s the last time you heard of someone working in this industry driving a Lamborghini or living in a mansion? I either buy the manga or I get it from the library. I don't like reading the scans, there's just something about holding an actual book. But the price is really high. It went up $2 (which doesn't sound like much, but it adds up) and it was high to begin with.

And lastly, per AshenReapers comment, I refuse to believe that you can stratify fandom based solely on the ability to read Japanese and access something sold in another country. Anyone who loves a series is a fan of it, and though your appreciation might be more complex and developed, it doesn't help anything to start tacking on labels and pointing fingers. Lord knows I've not heard of many (if any) manga or anime that haven't been released in the U.S. Go Ahead by Daisuke Higuchi. I want it sooo sooo bad, but it's not published here. And the last two volumes of Whistle, they haven't sold it in bookstores yet, so I'm kind of worried that they cancelled it. Which brings me to Zatch Bell, which was cancelled, and close to the end too., and I'd have words with anyone who told me I wasn't THAT big a fan of what's currently dominating my bookshelf =D

It's an enormously complex issue, but just remember that the blame definitely does not lay entirely with editors. No one is perfect...but they are working in a relatively difficult position, and I encourage everyone reading this to do as much research I <3 research :D as they can to become informed fans. We're a community: help each other out.
My responses are in orange :D

Payton
12-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Absolutely correct.

Well, the funny thing about soccer moms is that when their kid watches things they consider "bad," they usually blame the company/ies that make/produce/air the show(s), rather than doing anything about it themselves. I remember on one Robot Chicken, there was a short clip of a business man sitting at a desk that said "If you're under 18 and watching this show, shame on your parents." So yeah, people need to stop pointing the blame on someone else, and do something about it if it's THAT big of a deal.

Zazuro
12-11-2009, 09:40 PM
yeah and they get crazy with the trabslations like "Almight Push!" for Shinra tensei.

Come on, "Almight Push!"???? Shinra tensei jutsu can pull or ush things, not just PUSH! and geez, kage Summit - Gokage summit? Stop fooling around!!

mrsticky005
12-11-2009, 10:39 PM
yeah and they get crazy with the trabslations like "Almight Push!" for Shinra tensei.

Come on, "Almight Push!"???? Shinra tensei jutsu can pull or ush things, not just PUSH! and geez, kage Summit - Gokage summit? Stop fooling around!!

Pain's overall power is repulsion/attraction.

Repulsion is called Almighty Push.
Attraction is Universal Pull.

Gokage simply means 5 Kages meaning that all 5 Kages are meeting.
It helps to clear any confusion that a Kage meeting could be Gaara
and Mizukage at a bar.

narutonhinataschild
12-12-2009, 07:42 AM

born of the old belief of "monkey see, monkey do!"

ThePurpleChidori
12-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Anbu gets reps from me.

rouge night
12-12-2009, 08:09 AM
cool 4 u

valtreck
12-12-2009, 08:43 AM
i think editing is not bad since kids also read mangas, but i am a teen so i don't like it at all.

Sai fangirl
12-12-2009, 09:02 AM
I kinda realized this awhile back. But it still sucks. T_T

trouble88
12-12-2009, 09:07 AM
it was just for one vol what the big deal here anyway

Parak111
12-12-2009, 11:30 AM

Nothing new here. Just one of the MANY edits that were made. They should just leave the manga and the anime alone,if all they do is edit them. People want it the same, as it's in Japan...with nothing cut out! It's became a bad habit of theirs to deprive us of scenes.

Anbu Psy-Ops
12-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Nothing new here. Just one of the MANY edits that were made. They should just leave the manga and the anime alone,if all they do is edit them. People want it the same, as it's in Japan...with nothing cut out! It's became a bad habit of theirs to deprive us of scenes.

Again...you can not blame the editors for many of the censoring decisions they make. The threat of low sales due to offensive material is very real; it's something every single entertainment company has to consider. KIDS may want it, but the adults are now and ever shall be a deciding factor.

Case in point: tabletop wargames. A certain popular British based company (mind you this is where people buy model armies, put them together, and play a super-advanced game of chess with them) produced a winged demon and sold it in America. People along the "bible belt" were offended because they thought its face resembled the face of Satan. They had to remodel the head just to ensure the products success.

And again...I know that the more edgy stuff makes it nice and fun, but It's hardly depriving you of anything. At least, nothing important ;)

Hockey Otaku
12-12-2009, 11:41 AM
They should just leave the manga and the anime alone,if all they do is edit them.
Well, I don't agree with this. Life is better with crudely edited Naruto than without it.

@Anbu: How do they know what Satan looks like? xD

NARUTARD93
12-12-2009, 11:43 AM
But there is Teen rating on the back of them. If it's okay to have this kind of stuff in video games, then it should be alright in manga. If I'm gonna pay for something, I want all of it, not some watered down kiddie verison of it.

Hockey Otaku
12-12-2009, 11:45 AM
But there is Teen rating on the back of them. If it's okay to have this kind of stuff in video games, then it should be alright in manga. If I'm gonna pay for something, I want all of it, not some watered down kiddie verison of it.
Another valid point. It is expensive, $10 for a book that takes me half an hour to read. And the parents could make a rule that their kid can't read teen books until they're ready for the content. I had that rule, I'm still not allowed to read T+.

NARUTARD93
12-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Another valid point. It is expensive, $10 for a book that takes me half an hour to read. And the parents could make a rule that their kid can't read teen books until they're ready for the content. I had that rule, I'm still not allowed to read T+.
That or handle it maturely and be able to distinguish fiction from reality. My parents have no problem with my reading selections because they know that I'm mature and responsible enough to handle it. It should be up to the reader to choose whether or not they want to read something as teh author intended it to be. If they don't want to then, they don't have to buy it. I know that sale prices are a big issue, but seriously, If I'm gonna spend several hundred dollors buying this stuff, I want the full package. Maybe it shouldn't be marketed towards those of a younger viewing auidence in the first place.

Parak111
12-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, I don't agree with this. Life is better with crudely edited Naruto than without it.

Well,if they cut out half the action,I don't see any point in even buying it. Naruto is mainly about the fights,and blood is part of those fights. Without blood,it won't be a true fight and without a true fight,that won't be Naruto.

I agree with this.I want the original product,not some watered down version.

Anbu Psy-Ops
12-12-2009, 12:05 PM

@Anbu: How do they know what Satan looks like? xD

They claimed its head looked too much like a humans. Plus, the traditional color scheme for that particular model was red, it had triple jointed legs with hooves, and had enormous horns on its head. Otherwise...goooood question @_@