PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Everyone Being Stupid About The Sakura Situation?

C4 Karura
12-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Okay, I finished up reading Chapter 474 a half hour ago, and I was really impressed. In fact, this has been one of the greatest chapters in a long while. Most important of all, however, is that Sakura has finally been made unflaky again. Sakura's character was flaky and useless throughout most of Part 1. Only at the very end did she start to get the level of determination seen from Sasuke and Naruto regularily. Then, for a brief period of 32 chapters, at the start of Part 2, she was actually a force to be reckoned with. She caused earthquakes with her fists, beat Akatsuki members (with help), and was one of the strongest characters in the series. Then after that, she stopped having fights in the series. While everyone else was getting insane powerups and new characters with even more insane abilities popped up, she stayed at the same level. Her once-strong powers were left behind. In recent chapters, espiecally, she was really annoying, and couldn't seem to stop crying. This last chapter, however, has validated her as a character again. Her actions in the recent chapters were explained, and now they actually make sense. We get why she's decided to kill Sasuke.

However, when I got to the forums, the avarage response to Sakura's actions was, "Sakura's stupid and weak! Why is she trying to kill Sasuke when she's so weak, and he's not?!?!?! And she's being mean to Naruto and lying to him!! She should stay home while the real ninjas take care of things! I hope she dies fighting Sasuke!!!" To all the people like that, here's what I have to say:

First of all, who says she's a weak Chunin-level? She hasn't fought in 199 chapters! Since the end of the Sasori fight, she has not fought once. (Well, except for punching a giant centipede while screaming, "HELL, YEAH!" in chapter 421. But that really doesn't count.) Does it not occur to anyone that she has probably been training a lot during that time? When a character in a manga hasn't fought in a while, they tend to have some new abilities! Remember Kiba and Akamaru's power in Part 1? Over 100 chapters passed between the end of his fight against Naruto and when he started fighting in the Sasuke Retriaval Arc. During that time, he didn't fight once, and only one thing of "training" was shown. (All it was was two pages where Akamaru practiced his "pee-on-people" technique.) Yet, somehow, when they started fighting in the S.R. Arc, they had a whole slew of new jutsu, and were far stronger. Who's to say Sakura hasn't gotten way stronger, as well? (I'm betting she's at least able to summon Katsuya by now.) I don't think Kishi will make her strong enough to beat Sasuke, but he will definitely add some new powers, so that it isn't a totally one-sided fight.

Second, why is everyone calling Sakura a jerk and an idiot? This post, in particular, really bugged me:i was rather surprised by sakura's decision to kill sasuke on her own. i mean i just don't understand what in her past fighting history has given her any reason to believe she has talent? i think she should just go home and wait for the real ninjas to take care of things. her selfish ambition is just hurting everyone! and could possibly result in their deaths! is this all some misguided attempt at reconciliation? so sai, kiba, lee, and everyone else have to risk their lives because SAKURA wants to stop sasuke on her OWN?? good lord. i can't even begin to explain how ridiculous that is. i also think it was quite arrogant of sakura to assume that the only reason naruto was going after sasuke was because of her and the promise he made. i mean, can you say 'the world does not revolve around you, sakura!' ugh. i've had enough of sakura in this series and if she is to meet her end here then i don't view that as a loss. she's just too selfish.My response this person is: Did you even read the chapter? They completely explained her behaviour in the first 10 pages of the chapter. You do make a good point about her risking her teammates' lives, but the rest of it is pointless drivel.

So do all you people reading this agree with me? Or if you disagree, please give some actual reasons.

OtoSeptic
12-04-2009, 07:24 PM
....*high fives*

*+ rep for you for having sense and having actually PAID ATTENTION to the chapter, thankyousomuch ~_~*

C4 Karura
12-04-2009, 07:26 PM
....*high fives*

*+ rep for you for having sense and having actually PAID ATTENTION to the chapter, thankyousomuch ~_~*
Yay, Rep! (Oh, and I'm adding a poll to the thread.)

OnyxBlossom
12-04-2009, 07:34 PM
I definately agree. People obviously don't read the whole chapter(s) before coming to conclusions, and the whole "Sakura's an idiot" and "Who hates Sakura" threads are annoying and it's frustrating when people think she's still the weak ninja she was after she graduated the Academy. "Let the real ninjas take care of things" are you kidding me? That's total bull.

She's obviously been training during the time she hasn't been fighting, not just sitting around waiting for Naruto and the others to do everything, which is why she's probably going to go and try to kill Sasuke herself. And the whole Naruto going after Sasuke thing is because of the promise he made to Sakura, and because he doesn't want Sasuke to become what he is.

Sakura's selfish? She's risking her own life for Naruto. Do you think that's selfish? Because I don't.

optimuskage
12-04-2009, 07:35 PM
hmm, this is actually a good argument for Sakura. but still, she really stands no chance against anyone on Sasuke's team except Karin, and Lee and Kiba probably wouldn't b much help either. remember, Sasuke fought off 4 Kages, and while he lost, he was still a major threat to them. besides, Sakura seems to b rash right now, attempting to kill what's probably now an S-rank criminal when she usually does poorly in her fights. so unless she actually mastered long-range jutsu or somehow incredibly improved her reaction time, she's probably as good as dead. besides, she has shown to b kinda selfish and really annoying, so i wouldn't really care if she did die. might actually help the story move along.

but the thing i hate the most about Sakura is her fans, they're really annoying (that means all of you, she's just trying to get rid of her guilt, therefore she's doing this more for herself and not for Naruto)

C4 Karura
12-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I definately agree. People obviously don't read the whole chapter(s) before coming to conclusions, and the whole "Sakura's an idiot" and "Who hates Sakura" threads are annoying and it's frustrating when people think she's still the weak ninja she was after she graduated the Academy. "Let the real ninjas take care of things" are you kidding me? That's total bull.

She's obviously been training during the time she hasn't been fighting, not just sitting around waiting for Naruto and the others to do everything, and the whole Naruto going after Sasuke thing is because of the promise he made to Sakura, and because he doesn't want Sasuke to become what he is.

Sakura's selfish? She's risking her own life for Naruto. Do you think that's selfish? Because I don't.Yay, Onyx agrees with me, too! (How long do think it'll take for some idiot to come on this thread, declaring that Sakura is a horrible person, and we're all idiots for thinking otherwise?)
EDIT: Someone already did. (Although they were polite and didn't call us idiots.)

C4 Karura
12-04-2009, 07:41 PM
hmm, this is actually a good argument for Sakura. but still, she really stands no chance against anyone on Sasuke's team except Karin, and Lee and Kiba probably wouldn't b much help either. remember, Sasuke fought off 4 Kages, and while he lost, he was still a major threat to them. besides, Sakura seems to b rash right now, attempting to kill what's probably now an S-rank criminal when she usually does poorly in her fights. so unless she actually mastered long-range jutsu or somehow incredibly improved her reaction time, she's probably as good as dead. besides, she has shown to b kinda selfish and really annoying, so i wouldn't really care if she did die. might actually help the story move along.

but the thing i hate the most about Sakura is her fans, they're really annoying (that means all of you, she's just trying to get rid of her guilt, therefore she's doing this more for herself and not for Naruto)
-__-'... Once again, READ THE CHAPTER, PEOPLES! Almost everything you said was either disproved in the chapter or my post at the top of the thread.

ninjawolf08
12-04-2009, 07:41 PM
I never really did like Sakura, and I still don't.... but I did like how the chapter developed her character. It was a great change for her.

OtoSeptic
12-04-2009, 07:42 PM
What amuses AND annoys me is how everyone is all "Dude, Sakura stands no chance!" or "She better have a new jutsu if she expects to live longer than two seconds!"

Dude. Has everyone forgotten that she could splatter Sasuke's brain all over the sidewalk with one hit? Sure, he's generally stronger than her, but that doesn't mean she's weak.

cherryflower
12-04-2009, 07:43 PM
I agree. she must be stronger! I mean what elese would she have been doing in all those chapters? and who knows, maby she learned to use medic justu offensively like kabuto. All I can say is I can't wait to read the chapter that shows if she's gotten stronger ^^

C4 Karura
12-04-2009, 07:43 PM
I never really did like Sakura, and I still don't.... but I did like how the chapter developed her character. It was a great change for her.
I agree, this was one of the greatest chapters for her character.

OnyxBlossom
12-04-2009, 07:45 PM

That makes me laugh. She's doing it so Naruto can stop chasing after Sasuke, meaning she's doing it more for him and the others than herself. She's literally committing suicide for the people she loves, not to "get rid of guilt".

C4 Karura
12-04-2009, 07:48 PM
That makes me laugh. She's doing it so Naruto can stop chasing after Sasuke, meaning she's doing it more for him and the others than herself. She's literally committing suicide for the people she loves, not to "get rid of guilt".
Thank you for posting this! I'm going to quote this whenever someone says she's selfish.

Leaf/Mist Shinobi250
12-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I love Sakura's character in all of the Naruto manga. I have seen those posts about Sakura standing no chance against Sasuke blah blah blah. For one Sakura is not stupid...she wouldn't go into a battle that she didn't think she could win maybe. She is smarter then Sasuke after all. Since she is a GENJUTSU TYPE Shinobi...I think her chances to fend off Sasuke's Sharingan Genjutsu is pretty good. We all know her power (Strength) is well above Sasuke's. Plus she has Lee, Kiba, and Sai with her who are all powerful characters.

yoh150
12-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Sakura is going to go after Sauske Naruto will chase after her..nothing new right when its getting interesting its going back to same old stuff. Sakura is not going to kill Sauske if she does then thats hilarious I would not stop laughing.

GaaraoftheSand13
12-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Yay, this was awesome! I agree, this is one of the best chapters in a while. And about Sakura, I think she's on Jonin level easily. She may not be able to beat Sasuke alone, but she can put a good fight and probably beat the people still with Sasuke (since we don't know who will be with Sasuke other then Karin when he comes out of that deminsion and fight Sakura).
She can DEFINATELY kill Karin. And I can honestly understand her intentions. She's just doing it for the people she loves. Granted, what she told Naruto was unbelievably stupid, but she that's only cause she didn't have the heart to tell him the truth. And granted, Sasuke is still much stronger than she is. If an S ranked criminal can interupt a Hokage meaning and not die in five seconds that's some strong guy. She probably shouldn't try to kill him alone, but I don't know where people got selfish from. That doesn't even fit into the context really...

Yuuta
12-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Sakura is one of my favorite characters, and I don't believe I'm being stupid about the situation. I am very concerned for her. I do not think that she has what it takes to fight Sasuke.

If I offended with my 'barely chunin' comment, I am sorry. I was basing that on that fact that she basically only has taijutsu, and that seems to be able to be avoided by characters rather easily. If she is outmanevuered or overtaken by speed, she hasn't really shown any jutsu to fend it off, though she can heal herself afterward.

I completely and totally agree with the assumption that she has new jutsu. I even said that in my thread, she must have new jutsu if she's confident enough to go after Sasuke.

Also, I think she has a great reason to go after him, and didn't challenge that at all. I just wish she was going after him to confess or something.

I apologize if I came off as 'being stupid' in my thread, I am not trying to disrespect Sakura. I am simply concerned for her.

C4 Karura
12-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Sakura is one of my favorite characters, and I don't believe I'm being stupid about the situation. I am very concerned for her. I do not think that she has what it takes to fight Sasuke.

If I offended with my 'barely chunin' comment, I am sorry. I was basing that on that fact that she basically only has taijutsu, and that seems to be able to be avoided by characters rather easily. If she is outmanevuered or overtaken by speed, she hasn't really shown any jutsu to fend it off, though she can heal herself afterward.

I completely and totally agree with the assumption that she has new jutsu. I even said that in my thread, she must have new jutsu if she's confident enough to go after Sasuke.

Also, I think she has a great reason to go after him, and didn't challenge that at all. I just wish she was going after him to confess or something.

I apologize if I came off as 'being stupid' in my thread, I am not trying to disrespect Sakura. I am simply concerned for her.
Oh, no, I wasn't annoyed with you, I was annoyed with some of the people who responded to your thread.

Nemico
12-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Well I hadnt actually thought about it how you had but I find it rather interesting now. I was quite surprised with Sakura's decision, it really changed her character and made her seem quite more respectable that she is actually gonna try and do something. Like you said she has not fought in awhile and I'm pretty sure she knows that Sasuke is extremely powerful so she most have something up her sleeve that make's her go ahead and do this. (Nice Job)

TheViolletteHeart
12-04-2009, 08:59 PM
See, here is where I'm in the middle.

A person can be both smart and stupid at the same time (I am a very good example of this). See, Sakura has book smarts, deffinitely. However, she greatly lacks in street smarts. She can be very selfish, but in this case, it's really not as selfish as people are trying to make it out to be.

You make an excelent point about her improving. If she doesn't have any new skills, Kishi isn't just going to just let her run in and die. He's going to make the fight at least a little interesting.

Honestly, my only issues with Sakura are with her personality, but it's the same way I feel about many females in shounen manga. Since shounen manga is aimed for males, hence the "shounen", the female characters tend to be very antifeminist. Sakura is stronger than a lot of female characters in shounen manga, but she's still extremely annoying and antifeminist.

I tend to prefer characters like Konan, Tsunade, and Temari because: 1) They are less selfish and annoying, 2) They are really powerful and strong, so 3) They don't need men protecting them. They can fight on their own. Basically, those three demonstrate the feminist qualities I can stand behind, whereas Sakura can't. At least not yet. But she's a teenager; she's still developing, as you said.

brunz
12-04-2009, 09:14 PM
i totally agree with you...and i also think this was the best chapter in a long while..

Yuuta
12-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh, no, I wasn't annoyed with you, I was annoyed with some of the people who responded to your thread.
Ah, very understandable, I was alittle disturbed my some comments also. :|

3littlepigs
12-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Okay, I finished up reading Chapter 474 a half hour ago, and I was really impressed. In fact, this has been one of the greatest chapters in a long while. Most important of all, however, is that Sakura has finally been made unflaky again. Sakura's character was flaky and useless throughout most of Part 1. Only at the very end did she start to get the level of determination seen from Sasuke and Naruto regularily. Then, for a brief period of 32 chapters, at the start of Part 2, she was actually a force to be reckoned with. She caused earthquakes with her fists, beat Akatsuki members (with help), and was one of the strongest characters in the series. Then after that, she stopped having fights in the series. While everyone else was getting insane powerups and new characters with even more insane abilities popped up, she stayed at the same level. Her once-strong powers were left behind. In recent chapters, espiecally, she was really annoying, and couldn't seem to stop crying. This last chapter, however, has validated her as a character again. Her actions in the recent chapters were explained, and now they actually make sense. We get why she's decided to kill Sasuke.

However, when I got to the forums, the avarage response to Sakura's actions was, "Sakura's stupid and weak! Why is she trying to kill Sasuke when she's so weak, and he's not?!?!?! And she's being mean to Naruto and lying to him!! She should stay home while the real ninjas take care of things! I hope she dies fighting Sasuke!!!" To all the people like that, here's what I have to say:

First of all, who says she's a weak Chunin-level? She hasn't fought in 199 chapters! Since the end of the Sasori fight, she has not fought once. (Well, except for punching a giant centipede while screaming, "HELL, YEAH!" in chapter 421. But that really doesn't count.) Does it not occur to anyone that she has probably been training a lot during that time? When a character in a manga hasn't fought in a while, they tend to have some new abilities! Remember Kiba and Akamaru's power in Part 1? Over 100 chapters passed between the end of his fight against Naruto and when he started fighting in the Sasuke Retriaval Arc. During that time, he didn't fight once, and only one thing of "training" was shown. (All it was was two pages where Akamaru practiced his "pee-on-people" technique.) Yet, somehow, when they started fighting in the S.R. Arc, they had a whole slew of new jutsu, and were far stronger. Who's to say Sakura hasn't gotten way stronger, as well? (I'm betting she's at least able to summon Katsuya by now.) I don't think Kishi will make her strong enough to beat Sasuke, but he will definitely add some new powers, so that it isn't a totally one-sided fight.
So do all you people reading this agree with me? Or if you disagree, please give some actual reasons.
I actually agree with you for the most part. Sakura isn't even one of my favorite characters and I'll be the 1st to admit that when she "confessed" her love to Naruto I was extremely pissed off at her for being so disrespectful after everything Naruto has done for her. However this last chapter made me admire her...not because she actually thinks she has a chance against Sasuke (because we all know she doesn't), but because she loves him so much she rather kill him then see him continue down this path. And that she finally thinks of Naruto's feelings and so would rather go look for Sasuke without telling him about it.

It's funny becaue I've been arguing with some other people on another Naruto site for the same reason :p...I'm just going to say to the people that critize her decision of not telling Naruto: Didn't Naruto do the exact same thing when he asked the Cloud ninjas to take him to Raikage? or when he left Konoha with Kakashi and Yamato to beg for Sasuke's life? and yeah wasn't he trying to use Sage Mode to find Sasuke on his own? In not one of those occasions did he tell Sakura even though they BOTH agreed they would BOTH look for Sasuke and bring him back. Naruto didn't bother Sakura because he cares about her, he loves her and so if he can help it he's gonna try to make sure she's not hurt. Sakura is finally thinking like that so I don't see why her not telling Naruto about the decision to kill Sasuke is a bad or stupid decision...to me it makes sense.

C4 Karura
12-05-2009, 05:23 AM
See, here is where I'm in the middle.

A person can be both smart and stupid at the same time (I am a very good example of this). See, Sakura has book smarts, deffinitely. However, she greatly lacks in street smarts. She can be very selfish, but in this case, it's really not as selfish as people are trying to make it out to be.

You make an excelent point about her improving. If she doesn't have any new skills, Kishi isn't just going to just let her run in and die. He's going to make the fight at least a little interesting.

Honestly, my only issues with Sakura are with her personality, but it's the same way I feel about many females in shounen manga. Since shounen manga is aimed for males, hence the "shounen", the female characters tend to be very antifeminist. Sakura is stronger than a lot of female characters in shounen manga, but she's still extremely annoying and antifeminist.

I tend to prefer characters like Konan, Tsunade, and Temari because: 1) They are less selfish and annoying, 2) They are really powerful and strong, so 3) They don't need men protecting them. They can fight on their own. Basically, those three demonstrate the feminist qualities I can stand behind, whereas Sakura can't. At least not yet. But she's a teenager; she's still developing, as you said.
At the beginning of Part 2, Sakura was like that, as well, but then they mede her flaky again... T_T...

starlette
12-05-2009, 08:46 AM
You made perfect sense with what you said(or should i say posted)Sakura was my 4th favorite,but now she's my 3rd because of that.Thanks:mrgreen:

Oh and i'm giving you good rep for making sense and knowing the manga so well.Good job:mrgreen:

shantanu
12-05-2009, 08:56 AM
I dont lik sakura much
but yay she is strong

mrsticky005
12-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Even if Sakura has been training don't you think Sasuke has been training too?
Also Sasuke is an Uchiha. He's a genius. He's Kishimoto's favorite character.

Noctis Lucis Caelum
12-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Sakura needs to stop thinking about love

shikamarulover18
12-05-2009, 02:27 PM
What amuses AND annoys me is how everyone is all "Dude, Sakura stands no chance!" or "She better have a new jutsu if she expects to live longer than two seconds!"

Dude. Has everyone forgotten that she could splatter Sasuke's brain all over the sidewalk with one hit? Sure, he's generally stronger than her, but that doesn't mean she's weak.

well i think it's optimistic to assume that sakura would be able to get close enough to hit sasuke.. and the reason i called her weak is because i judge her in relation to the other characters she's fighting against. if she was fighting against ten ten, then i would say she'd stomp. but since she's going against sasuke, i think she's royally screwed and weak in comparison to him. and i don't think sakura's newfound desire to do something is as righteous as you all wish it is. i think she should leave sai, kiba, lee, and shino out of it. why should they die because of her emotional attachment to sasuke? i think she needs to calm down, take a step back, and re-assess the situation to where she would have a better chance of living than what she's currently doing--which is acting like a vigilante and taking things into her own hands.

shikamarulover18
12-05-2009, 02:29 PM
p.s. thanks for using my post in your intro!! i'm absolutely flattered! :D

ShounenLover
12-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Thank you C4 Karura!!!! Finally someone with SENSE! I thought I was alone... *thumbs up* I'm loving you right now!:p

rocketjed1
12-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Finally! Someone with a brain has spoken about the situation! I thought I was the only one who understood what she was doing! Rep up!

C4 Karura
12-05-2009, 03:43 PM
p.s. thanks for using my post in your intro!! i'm absolutely flattered! :D
You're welcome!
Finally! Someone with a brain has spoken about the situation! I thought I was the only one who understood what she was doing! Rep up!
Thanks! I usually spend quite a bit of time making my threads, so it's always rewarding when people give me rep for them!
EDIT: I checked, and now I'm only one rep point away from reaching 8 rep power! Thanks again!

yokokurama
12-05-2009, 04:34 PM
meh Sakura has improved to a decent character with some legitimate skills. I do give her credit for getting Orochimaru's location out of Sasori, which lead to Naruto and gang actually finding Sasuke. But otherwise, she hasn't really done anything important since then. Until she shows more feats, what can anyone say about her except what she appears to be. Most characters eventually revert to their old attitudes. I think that's happened a lot with Sakura. She is capable now, but still has done very little.
Whereas Sasuke went and killed orochimaru, fought off deidara, started a whole new team, and accomplished his greatest desire—to kill his brother. Sasuke's accomplished his goals.

Naruto has learned a whole new Jutsu, defeated Kakuza with it, learned Sage Mode, and defeated Pain, "leader" of Akatsuki.

Sakura beat Sasori and found out info on orochimaru.

Sasumo Sogai
12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
hmmm, ppl need to give every character, not only sakura, some credit they r all good, but sakura is better in my eyes now

NaruHina fan
12-05-2009, 06:33 PM
unless sakura has a good new jutsu i dont think she has a chance because

1)with his sharingan and superior speed sakura has no chance of hitting him
2) he survived the raikage's hits no way sakura can hit harder then him
3)sasuke's got susano'o sakura can't do anything to that
4)if he uses amaterasu as a shield like in the kage fight sakura has no way to counter

Uotsan
12-05-2009, 06:47 PM
We can't say that she stands no chance against Sauske because she is not alone. She has Lee, Kiba, and Sai. I believe that Sakura is going to get hurt emotionaly and phyical in this fight because for some reason I believe that Sauske is going to have to save Karin or let her die and when he do save her Sakura is going to get really mad.

SuperChoji
12-05-2009, 06:48 PM
i wasd going to comment... but i didn't finish reading... it was too dam long for me to keep interested..

srry, intention span of a fruit fly

Uotsan
12-05-2009, 06:52 PM
How could you find this chapter boring. this was one of the best chapter in a long while.

OtoSeptic
12-05-2009, 07:17 PM
well i think it's optimistic to assume that sakura would be able to get close enough to hit sasuke.. and the reason i called her weak is because i judge her in relation to the other characters she's fighting against. if she was fighting against ten ten, then i would say she'd stomp. but since she's going against sasuke, i think she's royally screwed and weak in comparison to him. and i don't think sakura's newfound desire to do something is as righteous as you all wish it is. i think she should leave sai, kiba, lee, and shino out of it. why should they die because of her emotional attachment to sasuke? i think she needs to calm down, take a step back, and re-assess the situation to where she would have a better chance of living than what she's currently doing--which is acting like a vigilante and taking things into her own hands.

Saying she's gonna get Sai, Kiba, and Lee killed really isn't a fair argument; if they weren't helping her, they'd be going after Sasuke with Shikamaru instead. Saying Sakura's being rash and not thinking about them is, subsequently, saying that Shikamaru is rash and not thinking and gonna get HIS group killed.

shikamarulover18
12-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Saying she's gonna get Sai, Kiba, and Lee killed really isn't a fair argument; if they weren't helping her, they'd be going after Sasuke with Shikamaru instead. Saying Sakura's being rash and not thinking about them is, subsequently, saying that Shikamaru is rash and not thinking and gonna get HIS group killed.

personally, i would rather die a thousand times under shikamaru's command than once under sakura's. shikamaru is a worthy leader who is a GENIOUS, and doesn't let emotions detract from his fighting ability. at least they would have a better chance of survival with shikamaru as their leader. sakura is too emotional and too emotionally invested in her battle with sasuke which would just be another disadvantage on her part. i just think it's a lose/lose situation for her.

OtoSeptic
12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
personally, i would rather die a thousand times under shikamaru's command than once under sakura's. shikamaru is a worthy leader who is a GENIOUS, and doesn't let emotions detract from his fighting ability. at least they would have a better chance of survival with shikamaru as their leader. sakura is too emotional and too emotionally invested in her battle with sasuke which would just be another disadvantage on her part. i just think it's a lose/lose situation for her.

Ah, but couldn't they actually be safer with her? We saw what happened when Sasuke got angry at those Samurai attacking him: he obliterated them. If Shikamaru and a bunch of other Leaf chuunin -- who Sasuke has no emotional attachment to -- come after Sasuke, what's to say he won't snap like he did before and try to kill them all? But we've seen that he still cares about Team 7, so if Sakura's there, he DOES have an emotional bond that might help him keep his head and avoid going into Crazy Killer Mode.

Vatanui AKA Pride
12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
I actually agree with you.

Sakura had gone from "bottom of the pit" to "awesome" in just a couple of chapters, I'm glad she's willing to finally deal with Sasuke, unlike SOMEONE.

Reala
12-06-2009, 03:58 AM

Sasuke, even if he gets healed by Karin, if Sakura finds him and starts a fight, he'll still be exhausted, he's just fought four kages and their body guards, a bunch of samurai and used susano'o, he's at least going to wear down quicker.
Also, if Sakura does manage to land a hit, Sasuke is going to break a few bones.
And Sasuke might have a sight relapse, he may be fast, but if, even for one second, he gets a relapse, he's the one who's screwed.
Plus, she probably won't be fighting alone, so that means she has two other highly skilled chunins and a member of the anbu who are fighting with her, that's 4v2, and Karin is very useless so she's not going to be much help. plus i have a feeling Sai will take Karin down if Sakura doesn't.

So Sakura does have a chance, but only by luck and Sasuke's stupidity, although if Suigetsu and Juugo find Sasuke and help him out, Sakura's more likely to be defeated, but she does infact have a chance.

valtreck
12-06-2009, 07:00 AM
after reading this chapter, i realised that sakura really have guts to take on somebody she loves

mrsticky005
12-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Sakura may have incredible strength.
But it won't matter if she can't match Sasuke's speed
or if he is using S'suano.

3littlepigs
12-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Shino? He's not with them...and while I completely agree with you she has no chance of defeating Sasuke (come on people, he just went up against 4 Kages, hurting Raikage really bad and avoiding Gaara's attacks) I do see why she's going with Lee, Kiba and Sai. Most shinobi work in teams (unlike Naruto who wouldn't really need a team anymore) and Shikamaru did plan this so there must be a reason why Lee was chosen. (I can see why Kiba and Sai were chosen but not Lee). I would be mad at Sakura though if she's not going along with Shikamaru's plan, because then she's putting everyone else in danger for being too emotional.
so if Sakura's there, he DOES have an emotional bond that might help him keep his head and avoid going into Crazy Killer Mode.
LOL :p That was funny! About that though....wasn't Sasuke going to use "Kirin" on them way back when they first met in Part II? I don't think Sakura being the one trying to stop him it's going to make a big difference.

dillydally
12-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I respect sakura way more after this chapter, to the point where she went from a character I didn't care about to one of my new favorites.
I also think people are underestimating sakura just like how they underestimated sasuke when he said he was going to the kage meeting

OtoSeptic
12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
LOL :p That was funny! About that though....wasn't Sasuke going to use "Kirin" on them way back when they first met in Part II? I don't think Sakura being the one trying to stop him it's going to make a big difference.

I'm convinced that his using "THAT jutsu" in Sound was an act. He never intended to kill them; we can deduce that much from his attitude about not killing innocents until recently.

Sakura WAS the one who calmed him down when he went cursed seal in the Forest of Death; maybe it won't be anything so dramatic this time around, but I'd think she'd have some effect or another, however he may act.

Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend
12-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I tend to prefer characters like Konan, Tsunade, and Temari because: 1) They are less selfish and annoying, 2) They are really powerful and strong, so 3) They don't need men protecting them. They can fight on their own. Basically, those three demonstrate the feminist qualities I can stand behind.
I agree completely. I am the kind of girl that doesn't like fighting; however, if something did come down to a fight (like I was with a boyfriend or just a guys friend or something, and someone was trying to hurt us), I would NOT sit back and let him do all the fighting and protecting while I just stood there. Rather, the two of us would work together to win. One thing I really, REALLY like about Naruto is that boys really aren't stronger than girls; either gender can be deadly, and Mr. Kishimoto does not have the girls sit out; rather, he has them work hard, do their best, and pwn.

And as for the topic of this thread, I agree; people need to stop being stupid about Sakura. I have always liked her, and the fact that she is actually willing to kill the person she's in love with to save him and the shinobi world is very mature. I don't see why so many people are out to get her (although some may just be haters who look for any excuse to bash her). Whether she can win against Sasuke isn't really the point; the fact that she is willing to try shows that she has grown up and matured a lot, in my opinion.

TheViolletteHeart
12-06-2009, 06:41 PM
I agree completely. I am the kind of girl that doesn't like fighting; however, if something did come down to a fight (like I was with a boyfriend or just a guys friend or something, and someone was trying to hurt us), I would NOT sit back and let him do all the fighting and protecting while I just stood there. Rather, the two of us would work together to win.

Heck yes. I'm feminist, but not your stereotypical "all men are bad" feminist. I'm more like you; we ought to be fighting side by side as equals.

One thing I really, REALLY like about Naruto is that boys really aren't stronger than girls; either gender can be deadly, and Mr. Kishimoto does not have the girls sit out; rather, he has them work hard, do their best, and pwn.

Not completely true. Although there are many strong women, their are still several such as Hinata, Ino, and Tenten who are a lot weaker than the males. They are strong, yes, but the guys greatly out power them, sadly. Other than that, I agree. The girls can pwn a lot. :D

narutosagetoad
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Well I think she will end up not fighting him. I think someone will save/stop sakura from actually trying Kishimoto won't act stupid enough to actually let her fight Sasuke.

3littlepigs
12-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm convinced that his using "THAT jutsu" in Sound was an act. He never intended to kill them; we can deduce that much from his attitude about not killing innocents until recently.

Sakura WAS the one who calmed him down when he went cursed seal in the Forest of Death; maybe it won't be anything so dramatic this time around, but I'd think she'd have some effect or another, however he may act.

You think he was just pretending, fooling around? I don't know isn't Sasuke always so serious about what he says, acting like a grown up? I suppose it's a matter of opinion, to me it seemed like he wanted to try it on them and Oro and Kabuto stopped him.

In the Forest of Death he was trying to win an exam not kill someone or destroy someone for revenge. Granted Sakura did calm him down but do you honestly think he won't kill her when she tries to kill him? when he hasn't killed Danzou and the elders yet? besides during his last battle he got extremely agressive so this time he might not even listen to her.

gno350
12-06-2009, 10:19 PM
quick question...does everyone forget sasuke...naruto and sakura have all trained under the legenday sannin...while naruto and sasuke may have gotten even stronger,,,i dont think she gonna be such a push over

OtoSeptic
12-06-2009, 11:01 PM
You think he was just pretending, fooling around? I don't know isn't Sasuke always so serious about what he says, acting like a grown up? I suppose it's a matter of opinion, to me it seemed like he wanted to try it on them and Oro and Kabuto stopped him.

In the Forest of Death he was trying to win an exam not kill someone or destroy someone for revenge. Granted Sakura did calm him down but do you honestly think he won't kill her when she tries to kill him? when he hasn't killed Danzou and the elders yet? besides during his last battle he got extremely agressive so this time he might not even listen to her.

Well, in that same scene, Sasuke said he didn't care if Orochimaru took his body -- forty chapters later, we find out that's a lie. His entire attitude in Sound seemed to be a facade to keep Orochimaru from catching on to his plan to betray him.

As for the exam, he wasn't just trying to win it; he broke a stranger's arms and grinned like a crazy mofo while doing it.Sakura did "save him from himself," in essence, or at least from the power trip he was having. I wonder if that in itself wasn't a bit of foreshadowing. But to answer your question, no, I don't think he'll kill her, and I'll be surprised if he actually, honestly tries.

mrsticky005
12-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Who thinks Sakura will change her mind on killing Sasuke?

I do.

Rikudo Sennin
12-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Who thinks Sakura will change her mind on killing Sasuke?

I do.

me too.
She cant do it!

Reala
12-07-2009, 09:37 AM
I think she can and will try to do it.
But has anyone noticed, Sasuke hasn't seen what she can do, remember? She missed when attempting to hit him, he doesn't know that she's trained under Tsunade, and if he does he doesn't know everything Tsunade taught her.
I think he's going to be surprised when he see her coming at him with the intent to kill.
If Sasuke slips up, even for just one second, and gets hit, he's royally screwed.
Even Kakashi admitted that he was done for if he got hit by one of Sakura's punches.
Plus, Sakura can probably do something like Tsunade did when fighting Kabuto, that only took one touch for his nerve system to be screwed up.
I think people should stop saying that Sakura has no chance.
She does have quite a fair chance.
Because Sasuke's just fought five kages, a bunch of samurai and used Susanoo, he's not going to walk away scot free from that, he's going to be exhausted, yeah he may be healed by Karin, but that's not replacing the energy he's used up.

And i don't think she will change her mind either, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" or for those who don't understand that, nothing's more dangerous than a woman when she's pissed, which is equal to what Sakura's feeling now.

mangagirl
12-07-2009, 09:38 AM
because they dont understand girls...

blackstar160
12-07-2009, 09:58 AM
I think in the rite moments,she can be cool.:D

Reala
12-07-2009, 10:05 AM
because they dont understand girls...

I agree, i think Sakura will lay down the law, like in that wow toyota advert XD

I think in the rite moments,she can be cool.:D

Yeah, like the Sasori fight!!

3littlepigs
12-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Well, in that same scene, Sasuke said he didn't care if Orochimaru took his body -- forty chapters later, we find out that's a lie. His entire attitude in Sound seemed to be a facade to keep Orochimaru from catching on to his plan to betray him.

As for the exam, he wasn't just trying to win it; he broke a stranger's arms and grinned like a crazy mofo while doing it.Sakura did "save him from himself," in essence, or at least from the power trip he was having. I wonder if that in itself wasn't a bit of foreshadowing. But to answer your question, no, I don't think he'll kill her, and I'll be surprised if he actually, honestly tries.
Yeah, it's different if he was saying that to Naruto and Sakura. It's because he wanted to be left alone so he said he didn't care about anything if it meant killing Itachi. If Oro and Kabuto hadn't shown up Yamato was getting serious, Sai, Naruto and Sakura would've had to fight Sasuke. If Sasuke fought and lost he wouldn't have found Itachi, so to me it makes perfect sense he wanted to get rid of them before they actually hit him with anything. Also, now that you're mentioning that scene, wasn't Sasuke gonna hit Sakura but Yamato had to interfere getting hurt in the process? It didn't seem to me that he was playing around... he intended to hit Sakura and kill Naruto if Said hadn't interfere.
In the Chunin exam, he was having nightmares with the curse mark, he kept seeing his parents dead and himself unable to do anything so yeah when he woke up he just wanted to use that new power and starting hurting the sound ninjas but my point is, Sakura was the one to get hurt by them so she could stop him because it wasn't "his revenge". Getting revenge for Sasuke means everything, so I don't think he'll let Sakura interfere with that even if they were in the same team at some point.
me too.
She cant do it!
LOL yeah she really can't. :p

Bacon
12-07-2009, 12:06 PM
lol...people just wait until the next chapter comes out becuase its your opinion vs someone elses. a battle taht will never be won

Reala
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah, it's different if he was saying that to Naruto and Sakura. It's because he wanted to be left alone so he said he didn't care about anything if it meant killing Itachi. If Oro and Kabuto hadn't shown up Yamato was getting serious, Sai, Naruto and Sakura would've had to fight Sasuke. If Sasuke fought and lost he wouldn't have found Itachi, so to me it makes perfect sense he wanted to get rid of them before they actually hit him with anything. Also, now that you're mentioning that scene, wasn't Sasuke gonna hit Sakura but Yamato had to interfere getting hurt in the process? It didn't seem to me that he was playing around... he intended to hit Sakura and kill Naruto if Said hadn't interfere.
In the Chunin exam, he was having nightmares with the curse mark, he kept seeing his parents dead and himself unable to do anything so yeah when he woke up he just wanted to use that new power and starting hurting the sound ninjas but my point is, Sakura was the one to get hurt by them so she could stop him because it wasn't "his revenge". Getting revenge for Sasuke means everything, so I don't think he'll let Sakura interfere with that even if they were in the same team at some point.

LOL yeah she really can't. :p

I think she'll put up a fight. Girls can get pretty angry, like violent rage angry over just little things. I wouldn't put it past Sakura to be able to flip out and go berserk, even to Sasuke, he's been a complete dick, to everyone, upset her, upset Naruto, got some of their friends almost killed, joined Orochimaru, almost killed Naruto, and he's put them through alot.
Sakura now, is just so angry she's prepared to do anything to stop all this and as i said before "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"
I think she's going to go show Sasuke how pissed she is through the method of violent beating while shouting obscenities.
I think she will surprise Sasuke, and beat the crap out of him.

Reala
12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
lol...people just wait until the next chapter comes out becuase its your opinion vs someone elses. a battle taht will never be won

Hehe true.
Although, Sakura will put up a fight, i'm sure of it, otherwise, what's the point of her going there to get beaten aside.
I think Sakura's gonna reveal to us, some power she's kept hidden

mrsticky005
12-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I think she can and will try to do it.
But has anyone noticed, Sasuke hasn't seen what she can do, remember? She missed when attempting to hit him, he doesn't know that she's trained under Tsunade, and if he does he doesn't know everything Tsunade taught her.
I think he's going to be surprised when he see her coming at him with the intent to kill.
If Sasuke slips up, even for just one second, and gets hit, he's royally screwed.
Even Kakashi admitted that he was done for if he got hit by one of Sakura's punches.
Plus, Sakura can probably do something like Tsunade did when fighting Kabuto, that only took one touch for his nerve system to be screwed up.
I think people should stop saying that Sakura has no chance.
She does have quite a fair chance.
Because Sasuke's just fought five kages, a bunch of samurai and used Susanoo, he's not going to walk away scot free from that, he's going to be exhausted, yeah he may be healed by Karin, but that's not replacing the energy he's used up.

And i don't think she will change her mind either, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" or for those who don't understand that, nothing's more dangerous than a woman when she's pissed, which is equal to what Sakura's feeling now.

It doesn't matter how strong Sakura is if she keeps missing.

Sakura vs Sasuke is like Tsunade vs Kabuto.
Tsunade is a LOT stronger than Kabuto but Kabuto was quicker
and therefore Tsunade couldn't hit him.

Reala
12-07-2009, 12:46 PM

But Sasuke is exhausted and just fought five kages and just used Susanoo.
Which means he's more likely to slip up.
If he slips up, Sakura has a chance to square him with a well placed and chakra coated punch.
Which means, he's screwed.
Even if he is quick, he can't keep it up forever, plus Sakura is likely to have some tricks up her sleeve. She's smart enough to know not to walk in there without an ace in the hole or two.
She's knows of his speed and a little of what he's capable of, but he doesn't.
Plus Lee, Sai and Kiba will be there.
4v2, and Karin's likely to be taken down easily, she's a sensory so she isn't likely to very good in anywhere else.
I think the odds lean in Sakura's favour

mrsticky005
12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
If he slips up, Sakura has a chance to square him with a well placed and chakra coated punch.
Even if he is quick, he can't keep it up forever, plus Sakura is likely to have some tricks up her sleeve. She's smart enough to know not to walk in there without an ace in the hole or two.
4v2, and Karin's likely to be taken down easily, she's a sensory so she isn't likely to very good in anywhere else.

Did you forget that Sasuke is in a different dimension gone to be healed?

He doesn't need to keep it up forever he just needs to be quick enough
to either 1. hit her and knock her out or 2. escape

4 vs 2. Yeah Karin is useless fighting wise.

However numbers don't make a difference.

If they did than Pain wouldn't have destroyed Konoha.

Kiba is weak. Lee is strong but probably not Sasuke's level.

The only age-mate of Sasuke's that is equal to him is Naruto.

Reala
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Did you forget that Sasuke is in a different dimension gone to be healed?

He doesn't need to keep it up forever he just needs to be quick enough
to either 1. hit her and knock her out or 2. escape

4 vs 2. Yeah Karin is useless fighting wise.

However numbers don't make a difference.

If they did than Pain wouldn't have destroyed Konoha.

Kiba is weak. Lee is strong but probably not Sasuke's level.

The only age-mate of Sasuke's that is equal to him is Naruto.

No, but it's likely that Sasuke will exit the dimension soon enough.

Yes but if he gets too close to her he may get hit. He does have the upper hand in speed, but remember Lee is also very fast too.

Hm yes, i agree with that, but if they can work it right, they can use their numbers to over power Sasuke, because he can't hold them all off at the same time if they constantly kept coming at him.
I do agree that Sasuke has a better chance of winning, but Sakura has a better chance than everyone makes it out to be.

AkatsukiMember
12-07-2009, 01:35 PM

Second, why is everyone calling Sakura a jerk and an idiot? This post, in particular, really bugged me:My response this person is: Did you even read the chapter? They completely explained her behaviour in the first 10 pages of the chapter. You do make a good point about her risking her teammates' lives, but the rest of it is pointless drivel.

I agree with you all the way.

darkjam
12-07-2009, 02:01 PM
I agree with you all the way.

I agree too, but i still cant see sakura beating sasuke... I mean she's not weak or anything and she can heal herself and like u said who knows, she may have some like hidden power. Yet i still cant see her beating sasuke.

Reala
12-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I agree too, but i still cant see sakura beating sasuke... I mean she's not weak or anything and she can heal herself and like u said who knows, she may have some like hidden power. Yet i still cant see her beating sasuke.

I can see a pretty cool taijutsu fight

OtoSeptic
12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
In the Chunin exam, he was having nightmares with the curse mark, he kept seeing his parents dead and himself unable to do anything so yeah when he woke up he just wanted to use that new power and starting hurting the sound ninjas but my point is, Sakura was the one to get hurt by them so she could stop him because it wasn't "his revenge". Getting revenge for Sasuke means everything, so I don't think he'll let Sakura interfere with that even if they were in the same team at some point

See, there's no proof that Sasuke ever really tried to kill them in Sound. Sure, he SAID he was going to, but Orochimaru and Kabuto were around. He needed to keep up the act. As for trying to stab Naruto and Sakura, we've seen that Sasuke's competent enough to stab and cut people without killing them. He was likely just looking to injure the two of them. And the "THAT jutsu" that he was about to use definitely couldn't have been Kirin; it wasn't physically possible for him to just use it out of the blue like that. He'd have had to heat up the atmosphere first, a la the Itachi fight.

Uotsan
12-07-2009, 09:43 PM

The only reason why Tsunade didn't win in that fight is because Kabuto cut her and Tsunade seen her blood and she lost all of her fury. She start crying because of her fear of blood and remember the death of Don and her little brother. She did hit Kabuto remember she hit his nerve and made him lose all of his control of his body.

Demon of the Hidden Mist
12-07-2009, 09:58 PM
yeah she is stronger but she has to be able to touch sasuke. with his chidori nagashi (spelling) and his extreme quickness i doubt she can touch him. and besides he can kill her from far away she has to get close. She doesnt have poison flowers to throw like Ino:p

Demon of the Hidden Mist
12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
he is being healed. and he will be so quick she wouldnt hit him. only person that should be able is Lee. Sasuke has the sharingan he will be able to predict sakuras movements with ease just cuz he is no was as fast as him, lee or even naruto

Reala
12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
yeah she is stronger but she has to be able to touch sasuke. with his chidori nagashi (spelling) and his extreme quickness i doubt she can touch him. and besides he can kill her from far away she has to get close. She doesnt have poison flowers to throw like Ino:p

Yeah but he just used susnaoo, he's likely to have a sight relapse, he could easily fall over or screw up during that, in which Sakura could punch him.
Ino has poison flowers?
Plus Sakura probably has an ace in the hole

he is being healed. and he will be so quick she wouldnt hit him. only person that should be able is Lee. Sasuke has the sharingan he will be able to predict sakuras movements with ease just cuz he is no was as fast as him, lee or even naruto

That doesn't replace his energy nor his chakra.
Yes, but what Lee does may leave an opening for Sakura or whoever to attack him.
As i said above, he's likely to have some sight relapse, Plus they could surround him, he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head so..

NaruHina fan
12-08-2009, 07:33 PM
even if he isn't at full speed or is still affected by susano'o he survived the raikage's attacks which are definitely a lot stronger then sakura's punches

narutonhinataschild
12-08-2009, 07:54 PM
this entire thread is stupid and the poll shows the short sightedness of the author!

C4 Karura
12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
this entire thread is stupid and the poll shows the short sightedness of the author!
-_-'... Wow... Thanks... *sarcasm* Anyway, why is my thread stupid? (And how is my poll shortsighted?)

Reala
12-09-2009, 09:00 AM
-_-'... Wow... Thanks... *sarcasm* Anyway, why is my thread stupid? (And how is my poll shortsighted?)

i think your thread is good, you've thought hard about it.

hm maybe he doesn't understand what the poll is about, he might think that it's about what people think of the sakura situation whereas actually it's a poll on people's opinions of sakura

TheViolletteHeart
12-09-2009, 08:06 PM

The thread isn't stupid in my opinion. You make a good point, even if I don't agree completely. As for the poll, the only problem I have with it as that there is no option to fit my opinion.

C4 Karura
12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
The thread isn't stupid in my opinion. You make a good point, even if I don't agree completely. As for the poll, the only problem I have with it as that there is no option to fit my opinion.
Sorry! What is your opinion?

Kitsujiro Fuyu
12-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Honestly and not being too harsh... but its about time that Sakura's going to do something... I mean, the last time she was in a serious battle was with Sasori, right? Even though the whole "confession" thing was a bit cliche in my opinion, its nice to see that there's a chance of her being able to fight again(after all, Hell hath no fury like a woman's Scorn)... and the odds of it being with Sasuke makes it even better.

After all that time off, I hope that she brings her A-Game if they meet up sometime soon. But if they do, ...oh boy, it'll be an amazing fight, I'll say that much. :)

C4 Karura
12-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Honestly and not being too harsh... but its about time that Sakura's going to do something... I mean, the last time she was in a serious battle was with Sasori, right? Even though the whole "confession" thing was a bit cliche in my opinion, its nice to see that there's a chance of her being able to fight again(after all, Hell hath no fury like a woman's Scorn)... and the odds of it being with Sasuke makes it even better.

After all that time off, I hope that she brings her A-Game if they meet up sometime soon. But if they do, ...oh boy, it'll be an amazing fight, I'll say that much. :)
*talks in campaigner voice* I am C4 Karura, and I approve this message.

narutonhinataschild
12-09-2009, 10:52 PM

The options given don't encompass the whole scope of feeling around the subject and you obviously cant see beyond your keyboard!

C4 Karura
12-09-2009, 11:02 PM
The options given don't encompass the whole scope of feeling around the subject and you obviously cant see beyond your keyboard!
I know that the poll doesn't cover every possible opinion! The three options are meant to signify the very polarized opinions people have about the subject! Okay, so I guess options 2 and 3 fall on the same side of the spectrum, but I was just trying to get some more choices, so it would be closer to peoples' opinions. Also, I "can't see beyond my keyboard"? What does that even mean?!

Phariah824
12-10-2009, 02:52 AM
well there should have been i"i have always like her character and still do option" i have defended her constantly she is one of my faves. she didnt use any family ability to beat Sasori it was pure skill. she is one of the most solid characters in Naruto imho.

Sosuke Aizen
12-10-2009, 03:02 AM
wow..just let it be..

Uzumaki Dereck
12-10-2009, 07:53 AM
I did'nt like the options for the vote cause I have never once disliked Sakura, like the many people who think she care only for herself and that loser Sasuke, so I just chose 3.

Reala
12-10-2009, 12:49 PM

I AGREEE!!
yeah, it is about time sakura pulled her own weight!

I know that the poll doesn't cover every possible opinion! The three options are meant to signify the very polarized opinions people have about the subject! Okay, so I guess options 2 and 3 fall on the same side of the spectrum, but I was just trying to get some more choices, so it would be closer to peoples' opinions. Also, I "can't see beyond my keyboard"? What does that even mean?!

yeah, although you could've added more options, eitherway, it doesn't matter now XD

Nekomata No Neko-san
12-11-2009, 12:20 PM

Yeah, i agree 100%

I gave everyone who talked good about Sakura a rep up.. AlmosT everyone who posted.

Sasumo Sogai
12-13-2009, 08:58 AM
she is awesome but underrated, like most characers in naruto. some characters have been more credited than others and its not fair.

Parak111
12-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Sakura is becoming herself like she was in her fight with Chiyo against Sasori - brave! Having the courage to go after Sasuke,and even planning to kill him...well done of her.:) I just hope that she is going prepared after Sasuke,not just foolishly throwing her life away.

flamie_chan
12-13-2009, 09:26 AM
I really doubt kishi would kill her off, she's still vital to the plot.

Major_Redd
12-18-2009, 08:24 PM
This has been a chip on my shoulder for awhile now.

You know, the poor girl is one of the most frequently abused characters in the entire series. But why?

Because she was weak in part 1? It wasn't her fault really, what do we really know of her history? Considering she's the lead female, we don't know much about her past. Only that she mentioned a family when Sasuke was leaving in Part 1, they could be dead now. For all we know, she came from a civilian clan, in that case she would have no family to train her. That seems more likely, seeing as how her family's never mentioned.

In that case, all she had was her academy training: which she excelled at, and her time on Team 7. For one thing, Kakashi wasn't exactly the world's greatest sensei. For one, he took over Sasuke's training and left Naruto with Ebisu, it was by chance that he ended up with Jiraiya. Talk about favouritism. The only thing we saw him train them all at was tree climbing, which she *gasps* excelled at.

Yes, she was annoying, very annoying. But who wasn't in Part I, look at Naruto.

Come Part II though, she pulls a 180 and people still call her useless. Yeah, the girl who played a pivotal role in defeating Sasori while still earning the puppet master's respect (which he didn't even have for his partner, a fellow artist) is useless. Yeah, no.

And people even have the gall to call her flat-chested. That shouldn't matter, and besides, ever heard of late bloomers? She has been for everything else. :mrgreen:

On to her current situation, people say she's a b!tch for using Naruto's feelings against him. You see, I don't get that. It's been confirmed that she's not just hunting Sasuke down to save him, it is also her way of lessening Naruto's burden. She's doing it for both of them. She's trying her hardest to not sit on the sidelines this time and it's still not enough for these haters! I'll admit that she might not be going about this the right way, but is there a perfect way of telling your best friend that his other best friend needs to be disposed of? OI!

Fans also must consider that a shounen manga will always place its male characters at the forefront and sometimes girls will still remain the damsels. I mean think back to the encounter they had with the cloud nin, one of which easily knocked her away even though she's like, super strong now lol. Then Naruto catches her, that was so typically shounen I almost laughed. :p

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Chip on shoulder and all. :cool:

Strider_Naruto
12-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I have carefully paid attention to Sakura from the very beginning of the series. No, she was not some stupid girl that couldnt hold her own. Her character has developed alot, and shes alot stronger, and open minded about the situation with Sasuke. Deep down inside, this hurts her to make the decision to go against Sasuke, but shes also worried about Narutos safety since Naruto and Sasuke has not been on the same path with each other for quite some time. Her feelings may still be drawn towards Sasuke a bit, but more for Naruto for putting his life on the line to keep the promise with her, and he still wants to keep that promise but she felt as if she was putting a burden on him for going out of his way, but Naruto was also doing this for himself. Sakura is very smart, and Ive always liked her character up until this very point. I cant say its a smart move for her to take on Sasuke, but shes not your ordinary girl, and she can put up a fight. I think she was just honestly holding back because she truly believed that there was still a chance to bring Sasuke back from the darkness, but only yourself can make a change and decisions for yourself. Neither Naruto or Sakura can make decisions for someone and if they have chose to walk a different path.

azmerk
12-23-2009, 06:56 PM
I feel people are too hard on sakura, yea she hits,yells and lies to naruto. If you pay attention though to when those things happen you notice there is always a good reason. Like the only time she hits or yells at him is when he is being disrepectful or acting like an idiot, as far as the lying goes she has only lied to him out of concern for his feeling or her not wanting him to worry about her.

Naruto is not a can of peaches either, he has kept his share of things from sakura most recently what madara said about sasuke.:cool:

ShippudenGirl
12-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks! REP for you! I think this upped her Character, I don't think she's selfish, how can you say someones selfish when there trying to get there friend out of the dark? Even if it means death, or risk of it, of course she has some new power she wouldn't just sit there the past like 200 manga's. She'll have her time to shine, sooner or later!

C4 Karura
12-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Wow, people keep bumping this...