PDA

View Full Version : Why do they call it Bleach?

Naruto
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM
When I first heard of the show I thought it was about laundary. It's a good show! Why is it called Bleach?

Sharingan 101
04-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Because of how dissapointed you will get after watching it,youll sweat in anger and then you start washing that shirt with some bleach....lol!!

Kisame
04-04-2009, 05:29 PM
I heard Kubo named it after something having to do with music called Bleach. Not sure if it was true.

SRhyse
04-04-2009, 05:35 PM
I thought it either had to do with:

1. The main character's hair.
2. How he didn't fit in with the rest of his family.
3. How it was up to them to get rid of all the dark bad dudes and stuff.

--
SRhyse - Moderator's Note - This isn't the "official" Viz word on Bleach or anything, just me musing.
--

Chihiro Osaka
04-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Because of how dissapointed you will get after watching it,youll sweat in anger and then you start washing that shirt with some bleach....lol!!
haha yea! i just dont get that show!

Soccer Ninja 21
04-05-2009, 10:05 AM
I just sorta jumped in on Bleach a month or two back so if you want a first impression kind of thing here it is... I thought they named it Bleach because of how bleach erases stuff, so it's like a metaphor for the stuff happening in the show, how the things you think are real or just or right can just disappaer with one truth. Like a stain from a shirt. I know it's sorta deep but I'm a deep thinker. Now you all probably hate me for making you think on a Sunday. Lol. :lol:

Naruto
04-05-2009, 10:50 AM
I just sorta jumped in on Bleach a month or two back so if you want a first impression kind of thing here it is... I thought they named it Bleach because of how bleach erases stuff, so it's like a metaphor for the stuff happening in the show, how the things you think are real or just or right can just disappaer with one truth. Like a stain from a shirt. I know it's sorta deep but I'm a deep thinker. Now you all probably hate me for making you think on a Sunday. Lol. :lol:

Good explanation and I'm not mad.

vermillionrasengan
04-05-2009, 11:01 AM
When I first heard of the show I thought it was about laundary. It's a good show! Why is it called Bleach?
i think because remember when ichigo took rukia's powers her clothes turned white like it was bleached

jrawkaneko
04-05-2009, 01:33 PM
I have no idea and I really don't care cause it's a great show.

Keira-chan
04-05-2009, 01:34 PM
It had to do with Ichigo's spirit energy and how his eyes glew bright blue or something like that

Soccer Ninja 21
04-05-2009, 03:22 PM

Good explanation and I'm not mad. Lol I hope not, I should be a philospher or something! :lol: What do you think Naruto?

Naruto
04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
[quote="Soccer Ninja 21":31w00spm]I just sorta jumped in on Bleach a month or two back so if you want a first impression kind of thing here it is... I thought they named it Bleach because of how bleach erases stuff, so it's like a metaphor for the stuff happening in the show, how the things you think are real or just or right can just disappaer with one truth. Like a stain from a shirt. I know it's sorta deep but I'm a deep thinker. Now you all probably hate me for making you think on a Sunday. Lol. :lol:

Good explanation and I'm not mad. Lol I hope not, I should be a philospher or something! :lol: What do you think Naruto?[/quote:31w00spm]

Sure you'll be a great one.

Soccer Ninja 21
04-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Good explanation and I'm not mad.[/quote] Lol I hope not, I should be a philospher or something! :lol: What do you think Naruto?[/quote]

Sure you'll be a great one.[/quote]

Thanks! I is funny to, because we are learning about ancinet chinese philophers in school right now. I could be a mini Confusus or Mencius or even a Laozi jr.!

------------------------------------------------
A cruel ruler is more feared than a furious tiger.

- Confuisus

*ichigorukiafan*
04-07-2009, 10:15 AM
i heard that its called bleach because bleach means "protecter" and the show is basically about protecting stuff close to you. i dunno if that's true though...

Soccer Ninja 21
04-07-2009, 02:53 PM
i heard that its called bleach because bleach means "protecter" and the show is basically about protecting stuff close to you. i dunno if that's true though... That would clear a lot of stuff up if it did mean protector, and it would make sense, but in what launge would bleach mean protector, I though bleach was just bleach, you know a stain removal thing? but if it does meen that its cool, I've never heard that though, has anyone else here heard of it? 8-)

Toma RNK
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Ill just jump into this to point out the creator never answered a direct question about the naming so there is no "REAL" answer.

Now please continue the conversation as I love all the different interpretations.

Soccer Ninja 21
04-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Ill just jump into this to point out the creator never answered a direct question about the naming so there is no "REAL" answer.

Now please continue the conversation as I love all the different interpretations. I love hearign what other people have to say too, it's interesting. 8-)

*ichigorukiafan*
04-07-2009, 05:33 PM
i heard that its called bleach because bleach means "protecter" and the show is basically about protecting stuff close to you. i dunno if that's true though... That would clear a lot of stuff up if it did mean protector, and it would make sense, but in what launge would bleach mean protector, I though bleach was just bleach, you know a stain removal thing? but if it does meen that its cool, I've never heard that though, has anyone else here heard of it? 8-) haha i dunno wat language it would be. the way i found out this theory was from a comment someone posted on youtube lol.

Soccer Ninja 21
04-08-2009, 08:10 AM
i heard that its called bleach because bleach means "protecter" and the show is basically about protecting stuff close to you. i dunno if that's true though... That would clear a lot of stuff up if it did mean protector, and it would make sense, but in what launge would bleach mean protector, I though bleach was just bleach, you know a stain removal thing? but if it does meen that its cool, I've never heard that though, has anyone else here heard of it? 8-) haha i dunno wat language it would be. the way i found out this theory was from a comment someone posted on youtube lol. Ya, so lol I don't trust youtube, to many wanna be naruto and bleach fans making stuff up to sound smart. :lol:

Vivian Nie
04-08-2009, 08:16 AM
When i first heard its english name, i felt curious too.
As its Chinese name is DEATH GOD~~~~~it sounds more suitable.

Soccer Ninja 21
04-08-2009, 08:19 AM
When i first heard its english name, i felt curious too.
As its Chinese name is DEATH GOD~~~~~it sounds more suitable. So, does bleach mean death god or is it just a competely different name in China? Because I don't no how Bleach could = Death god

*ichigorukiafan*
04-08-2009, 08:26 AM
hahaha ye ur probably right. the ppl on youtube do lie. but bleach meaning protector is a good idea! lol

Vivian Nie
04-08-2009, 08:36 AM
[quote="Vivian Nie":7aw01uk3]When i first heard its english name, i felt curious too.
As its Chinese name is DEATH GOD~~~~~it sounds more suitable. So, does bleach mean death god or is it just a competely different name in China? Because I don't no how Bleach could = Death god[/quote:7aw01uk3]

Well, it is just a free translation. bleach doesn't mean death god.
For example, the ancient Chinese novel <Journey To the West> was ever translated into <Monkey King> in English. It sounds strange for us too!

Soccer Ninja 21
04-08-2009, 03:22 PM
ya, it's a bit confusing too. :lol:

kazekage81
04-11-2009, 09:02 PM
HAHA! I started laughing!

Anyways, I don't know why its called Bleach.

Soccer Ninja 21
04-12-2009, 04:35 PM
HAHA! I started laughing!

Anyways, I don't know why its called Bleach.

Take a guess. It's fun to think about!

Kuroda Taishi
04-20-2009, 08:45 PM

--
SRhyse - Moderator's Note - This isn't the "official" Viz word on Bleach or anything, just me musing.
--

I'm pretty sure it is because Ichigo has yellow hair, and other humans think he bleached it even though it is naturally blonde

Soccer Ninja 21
04-23-2009, 03:07 PM

--
--

I'm pretty sure it is because Ichigo has yellow hair, and other humans think he bleached it even though it is naturally blonde

His hair looks orange to me...

3lilpandas
04-23-2009, 03:24 PM
I know this is not true, but this is how I picture it:

Kubo: What can I name my series so that the title will make no sense?
*Commercial for Clorox appears on television*

Taker369
04-24-2009, 12:11 AM
i really wish via would update the bleach site i mean this site is doing real good and there seems to be alot of bleach fans so what i'm trying to say please viz or whoever runs the site give us a awsome bleach site u guys rock at this naruto one it rules.

Kuroda Taishi
04-24-2009, 03:28 PM
His hair looks orange to me...[/quote]

In the Anime it is clearly blonde hair, but in some graphic pictures it can look a tad orange

Soccer Ninja 21
04-25-2009, 06:49 AM
yeah, I guess ok then I trust you, I guess I'm just like color blind or sumthing. SO his hair IS blond is that right?

lj0615
04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
is it because of those ghost spirits

Soccer Ninja 21
04-25-2009, 12:08 PM
is it because of those ghost spirits

what do you mean, can you explain?

KyuubiAkatsuki
04-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Well i dont watch bleach ive only seen a few episodes my friend is obsessed with it. he told me its called Bleach because Ichigo's Hallow is called Bleach

Kuroda Taishi
04-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Well i dont watch bleach ive only seen a few episodes my friend is obsessed with it. he told me its called Bleach because Ichigo's Hallow is called Bleach

I have never heard that his inner hollow has an official name

Spartacus
04-29-2009, 03:10 PM
I really thought it was called bleach because Michael Jackson was a co-producer of the show

KyuubiAkatsuki
04-29-2009, 08:28 PM
lol

Soccer Ninja 21
04-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Huh? Really his inner hallow is named Bleach, never heard that before but I'll check it out. Do you know were he got that from? :?

shadowpossesion
04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Screw all of u people that dont bother to even try bleach its just like Naruto. It doesnt make sense unless u watch it from the beginning. Its an awesome show (but not near as good as Naruto) Any way I got this answer out of the shonen jump manga, they call it bleach because Kubo was going to name it after the color of the soul reapers uniforms, but black would be a boring name, so he decided to make it the opposite of black which is white, but white is a boring name to but another name for the color white is bleach so that is what he made it because it sounded cool.

Soccer Ninja 21
04-30-2009, 03:35 PM
That's interesting, I started Bleach in the Middle of the anime but I'm grasping it. But your right it's nowhere near as good as naruto, but I like it a lot.!! ^(00)^

KyuubiAkatsuki
04-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Huh? Really his inner hallow is named Bleach, never heard that before but I'll check it out. Do you know were he got that from? :?
The episode when Ichigo fights Bleach, and I also read the manga in Wal-Mart. Bleach looks basically exactly like Ichigo only pale white at first, then he gets the skull mask thingy, and with a tail and just freaky looking.

yorkiepup2
05-11-2009, 09:11 PM
The episode when Ichigo fights Bleach, and I also read the manga in Wal-Mart. Bleach looks basically exactly like Ichigo only pale white at first, then he gets the skull mask thingy, and with a tail and just freaky looking.

From what i heard his inner hollow is named Ogihci cuz its ichigo backwards.

yorkiepup2
05-11-2009, 09:17 PM
My friend told me that its called bleach because while the cleaning solution called bleach cleans your clothes, the shinigami are clensing the souls when they send them to the soul society. same thing with the hollows because they clense the souls of the hollows when they slay them.

KyuubiAkatsuki
05-11-2009, 09:29 PM

From what i heard his inner hollow is named Ogihci cuz its ichigo backwards.

maybe Ogihci is his name, idk about if the hallow's name is Bleach, that's just what my friend told me. Sorry if information is incorrect though :mrgreen:

Taker369
05-11-2009, 09:33 PM
does anybody else relize that the atuski and sould reapers look alike almost ?

naru22
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM

Its called bleach because originally it was supposed to be named after something about the color black because the show is generally about death, but Tite Kubo couldnt come up with a good enough name. so instead of using pure black as the basis, he used white, which has a ton of different names, like Bleach. :D or something like that. i read it in the Shonen Jump magazines.

Soccer Ninja 21
05-13-2009, 01:43 PM
does anybody else relize that the atuski and sould reapers look alike almost ?

The rodes kinda I guess.

Moon
05-13-2009, 01:44 PM
My friend told me that its called bleach because while the cleaning solution called bleach cleans your clothes, the shinigami are clensing the souls when they send them to the soul society. same thing with the hollows because they clense the souls of the hollows when they slay them.
good point

Taker369
05-13-2009, 04:46 PM
does anybody think bleach is close to the end or will they have another seres like naruto amd dbz did ?

Kuroda Taishi
05-13-2009, 04:48 PM
does anybody think bleach is close to the end or will they have another seres like naruto amd dbz did ?
If you are talking about the manga, it is nowhere near the end. They still have a lot of things that need to be explained and done

Taker369
05-13-2009, 04:51 PM
thank god it looks like bleach will be a long sereis then .