PDA

View Full Version : Battleground Rules

narutoultra
11-25-2009, 05:33 AM
I'm sick of people either being clueless, or going to the OBD to know how characters fight, so here it is.
Defualt settings, what happens if the thread maker doesn't tell you.
Can't stress enough default, changable by the thread maker.
Improvement is appreciated

-Banned Matches-(The only actual "rule")
Matches that are considered off-limits, as of now there are no established punishments[as far as i know] you will probably be de-repped and get your thread locked

1: Intentional Stomp Threads[Troll Thread]

2: Goku vs Superman

-General Laws-
1: The contestants are all current manga, episode, ect.

2: The contestants have no previous knowledge of the other contestants.

3: All contestants are bloodlusted but in charecter[unless it contradicts bloodlust].

4: In team matches, team work is acceptable.

5: Filler/non-canon feats are unusable to any contestant.
[However for filler characters, these feats are acceptable]

6(Extention of bloolust): In-verse relationships aren't taken into consideration in matches. For example, you can't say Sakura>Naruto because Naruto would not attack Sakura.

-Stage Laws-

1: Default battleground is "The Hyperbolic Time Chamber."

2: Contestants cannot leave the battleground.

3: Contestants start 30 paces away from other contestants

4: If a contestant needs certain terrain in order to fight at full potential, it is givin.
Examples are elements for benders, and nature energy for sage mode.

-Energy Laws-

1: Any outer energy is equal to any other.

2: Any Inner energy is equal to any other. Life force included.

3: Contestants from Bleach are seeable, even if the other contestants has no energies

4: Genjutsu is considered working with any other verse, outside of Narutoverse it manipulates the senses.

5: Gentle Fist is considered working with any other verse, outside of Narutoverse it damages internal structures.

-How To Win-

1: Kill the other contestant, unless said contestant can quickly regenerate from death.

2: Capture the other contestant, if said contestant has no way to get out.

3: Knock Out the other contestant, if said contestant is immortal, and are knocked out for an unrealistic amount of time.

4: Immobilize the other contastant, if said contestant is unable to battle.
Examples of this rule are to decapitate Hidan[from Naruto] or to freeze someone permanatly.

5: Survive longer than the other contestant, inviromental death, suicide attacks ect.

-Terminology Used-

1: Canon-anything made by the original author, for manga this is only the manga in most cases. For games it is only the games in most cases. The same goes for t.v. and comics. Some series are anime originated though, be sure to take note of the anime as canon in this case.

2:Bloodlust-This means that a contestant is fighting with the intent to kill, he is going all out, and can use moves that contradict the storyline. Such as Wind-Naruto swearing not to use Rasen-Shuriken. He could use it if bloodlusted. In other words there pissed, as pissed as possible.

3:Immortal-Being unable to die; Being able to live for eternaty; Being unable to naturally die.

4:OBD-Outskirts Battle Dome; A section of the Narutofan Forum dedicated to battles; A wiki dedicated to the Narutofan Forum's Outskirts Battledome

narutoultra
11-25-2009, 05:41 AM
2 More rules, Bleach characters can be seen and No Running.

Bloodlusted is up there.
do you think we need to define Bloodlusted?

White-Fang
11-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Helpful, maybe now I will actually post in The Battle Grounds. I never did because I got sick of the stubborn idiots and sometimes their logic.

narutoultra
11-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Anything to add?

Space Cowboy Sasori
11-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Define Filler and Non canon.

zebrakiller
11-25-2009, 12:50 PM
bloodlusted should either be defined or removed...it doesnt always help in a battle.

Manwe Sulimo
11-25-2009, 12:54 PM
A few suggestions:

Clarify that the thread starter has full control to change these conditions for the fight if he wants to. We don't want reverse-trolls coming in and saying "You can't have them fighting like that! The rules thread says so!"

Characters should be bloodlusted, but not necessarily out of character, unless bloodlust is completely OoC for said character.

Characters who need certain amounts of materials for fighting should get them. For example, if a waterbender from Avatar was dropped in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber he should get an Olympic-sized pool of water or so.

Other than that, looks good.

narutoultra
11-25-2009, 03:39 PM
nothing to add?

Nyruss
11-25-2009, 03:43 PM
4:OBD-Outskirts Battle Dome; A section of the Narutofan Forum dedicated to battles; A wiki dedicated to the Narutofan Forum's Outskirts Battle Dome

Fixed. Just saying "Naruto forum" is pretty vague. There's dozens and dozens of 'em.

But there's only one specifically entitled "Narutofan" :P

Also, Battledome is one word, not two.

zebrakiller
11-25-2009, 03:49 PM
A few suggestions:

Clarify that the thread starter has full control to change these conditions for the fight if he wants to. We don't want reverse-trolls coming in and saying "You can't have them fighting like that! The rules thread says so!"

Characters should be bloodlusted, but not necessarily out of character, unless bloodlust is completely OoC for said character.

Characters who need certain amounts of materials for fighting should get them. For example, if a waterbender from Avatar was dropped in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber he should get an Olympic-sized pool of water or so.

Other than that, looks good.
i still think u should be careful with bloodlusted...for example if goku got bloodlusted enough he'd go ape n blow the planet up, which is not necessarily out of character but still yields no winner

narutoultra
11-25-2009, 03:51 PM
i still think u should be careful with bloodlusted...for example if goku got bloodlusted enough he'd go ape n blow the planet up, which is not necessarily out of character but still yields no winner

Adult Goku can't become an ape, bloodlusted is fighting to kill your enemy.

Kizomaru Yukimoto
11-25-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm sick of people either being clueless, or going to the OBD to know how charactors fight, so here it is.
Mod's Please sticky.

-General Laws-

3: All contestants are bloodlusted but in charactor.

-Stage Laws-

4: If a contestant needs certain terrain in order to fight at full potential, it is givin.

-Energy Laws-

2: Any Inner energy is equal to any other.

3: Contestants from Bleach are seeable, even if the other contestants has no energies

4: Genjutsu is considered working with any other verse, outside of Narutoverse it manipulates the senses.

5: Gentle Fist is considered working with any other verse, outside of Narutoverse it damages internal structures.

-How To Win-

1: Kill the other contestant, unless said contestant can quickly regenerate from death.

3: Knock Out the other contestant, if said contestant is immortal, and are knocked out for an unrealistic amount of time.

Examples of this rule are to decapitate Hidan[from Naruto] or to freeze someone permanatly.

-Terminology Used-

1: Canon-anything made by the original author, for manga this is [I]only the manga in most cases. For games it is only the games in most cases. The same t.v. and comics. Some series are anime originated though, be sure to take note of the anime as canon in this case.

2:Bloodlust-This means that a contestant is fighting with the intent to kill, he is going all out, and will use moves that contradict the storyline. Such as Wind-Naruto swearing not to use Rasen-Shuriken. He will use it if bloodlusted.

3:Immortal-Being unable to die; Being able to live for eternaty; Being unable to naturally die.

4:OBD-Outskirts Battledome; A section of the Narutofan Forum dedicated to battles; A wiki dedicated to the Narutofan Forum's Outskirts Battledome

Could you summarize that for me ? Im never on battlegrounds but still... I dont like to read that much..

zebrakiller
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Adult Goku can't become an ape, bloodlusted is fighting to kill your enemy.
i know both those things...just a rough example. i guess if default location is HTC u cant bust the planet anyway so it doesnt matter. but as manwe said fighting to kill is super out of character for some ppl, which would sacrifice consistency in arguments.

narutoultra
11-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Could you summarize that for me ? Im never on battlegrounds but still... I dont like to read that much..

It's just what is assumed in a battle

bloodlust, no knowledge, in character, recent form, no filer.

stage is Hyperbolic time chamber, 30 paces away, can't leave.

energy is equalized, you can see soul reapers, gentle fist and genjutsu are usable.

you can win by killing, capturing, knocking out, or immobolizing.

narutoultra
11-25-2009, 06:45 PM
people who veiw please post, i want this bumped untill it gets stickied.

ECW Original
11-25-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm sick of people either being clueless, or going to the OBD to know how characters fight, so here it is.
Mod's Please sticky.

-General Laws-

3: All contestants are bloodlusted but in charactor[unless it contradicts bloodlust].

-Stage Laws-

-Energy Laws-

2: Any Inner energy is equal to any other.

-How To Win-

-Terminology Used-

1: Canon-anything made by the original author, for manga this is only the manga in most cases. For games it is only the games in most cases. The same t.v. and comics. Some series are anime originated though, be sure to take note of the anime as canon in this case.

2:Bloodlust-This means that a contestant is fighting with the intent to kill, he is going all out, and will use moves that contradict the storyline. Such as Wind-Naruto swearing not to use Rasen-Shuriken. He will use it if bloodlusted.

4:OBD-Outskirts Battledome; A section of the Narutofan Forum dedicated to battles; A wiki dedicated to the Narutofan Forum's Outskirts BattledomeThis is good.I wish I could think of something to add.

Miles Edgeworth
11-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Well now that I'm a new mod, I decided to sticky this because this is REALLY important.

Now I get to crack down on the spam bs in this section.

SPAM [bot]
11-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Well now that I'm a new mod, I decided to sticky this because this is REALLY important.

Wait, are you talking anout me?

Miles Edgeworth
11-25-2009, 07:53 PM
No I mean the people who constantly use one word posts in threads xD

ECW Original

Don't hurt me!

deidara330

Woah, you're a mod now? Weren't you always a mod, though?

SPAM [bot]
11-25-2009, 07:54 PM
No I mean the people who constantly use one word posts in threads xD

Oh, thank goodness. I was really confused on that one. xD

Miles Edgeworth
11-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Well I was in the forum game section back when UNS was starting and didn't have its own section.

I just became a mod for this section recently xD

Time for some fun >=D Now this will become the perfect battleground for debaters, mwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Yeah in any case, this is good........

Space Cowboy Sasori
11-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Woah, you're a mod now? Weren't you always a mod, though?

A couple people including myself got mod in this section recently.

ECW Original
11-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Don't hurt me.I didn't mean to do it!

deidara330
11-25-2009, 08:10 PM
A couple people including myself got mod in this section recently.
I thought that was impossible because of the lockdown.

zebrakiller
11-25-2009, 08:15 PM
I thought that was impossible because of the lockdown.
so did i. good to see things are getting done tho.

yokokurama
11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
YOu just lost a bunch of people in the Battlegrounds. But I guess that's how Rocklee and the others always wanted it. Just the five of you.

Miles Edgeworth
11-25-2009, 08:29 PM
YOu just lost a bunch of people in the Battlegrounds. But I guess that's how Rocklee and the others always wanted it. Just the five of you.

Why? Because it isn't your way? BAAAAWWWWWWW

I once said it before, this isn't Burger King, you don't always have it your way.

And the only good debaters here are the ones who follow these rules, and that's how it should be.

zebrakiller
11-25-2009, 08:35 PM
i dont think it will lose anyone, it will just give u more guidance if the OP doesnt specify a lot of stuff.

Why? Because it isn't your way? BAAAAWWWWWWW

I once said it before, this isn't Burger King, you don't always have it your way.

And the only good debaters here are the ones who follow these rules, and that's how it should be.
i dont necessarily agree with that, seeing as being a good debater means not always conforming to everyone elses "rules".

Space Cowboy Sasori
11-25-2009, 08:36 PM

Why would we lose people?

---------------- Now playing: OneRepublic - Good Life (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/onerepublic/track/good+life) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Vatanui AKA Pride
11-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Hallelujah!

I now hope that people in the Battlegrounds will stop using one-word posts and replace it with more intelligent ones.

ECW Original
11-25-2009, 08:37 PM
How?Five of who?

ECW Original
11-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Does this mean I can't make any more vs. threads anymore?

zebrakiller
11-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Does this mean I can't make any more vs. threads anymore?
please dont, ur threads have people i know in them. i cant debate two thirds of the HST for lack of knowledge. by 5 i think he meant maybe lee, kisame, sasori, kuromaki, n v-valentine...? dunno in my humble opinion there r way more than 5 major contributors that have been defining the BG of late.

Kuromaki
11-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Congrats Rocklee, and all new battlegrounds mods. :]

Now hopefully people will learn to stop posting one word answers.

Miles Edgeworth
11-25-2009, 09:39 PM
i dont necessarily agree with that, seeing as being a good debater means not always conforming to everyone elses "rules".

However, debates are best when they don't involve people spamming and when they use actual canon evidence instead of controversial filler.

After all, filler and game Tenten is a beast, but canon Tenten is extremely weak. The sad thing is people like anime/game Tenten better because they prefer the anime and play the games (I like the games too, don't get me wrong) but they're not canon and can't be used in debates unless specified by the OP.

Vatanui AKA Pride
11-25-2009, 09:47 PM
However, debates are best when they don't involve people spamming and when they use actual canon evidence instead of controversial filler.

After all, filler and game Tenten is a beast, but canon Tenten is extremely weak. The sad thing is people like anime/game Tenten better because they prefer the anime and play the games (I like the games too, don't get me wrong) but they're not canon and can't be used in debates unless specified by the OP.

It kinda sucks, because nowadays, Naruto and Sasuke get the most screen time. People like Ino and Tenten had barely gotten any.

zebrakiller
11-25-2009, 10:18 PM

i wouldnt call filler ten ten a beast by any means...
It kinda sucks, because nowadays, Naruto and Sasuke get the most screen time. People like Ino and Tenten had barely gotten any.
thats what im saying...but my opinion doesnt hold much weight around here

Miles Edgeworth
11-25-2009, 10:38 PM
i wouldnt call filler ten ten a beast by any means...

thats what im saying...but my opinion doesnt hold much weight around here

Compared to her canon self with one move she certainly is. And Ultimate Ninja Tenten has so many powerful techniques it's just.....insane O_o And it's just Tenten!

It is problematic that Kishi only pays attention to the Sauce and Naruto, but that's just the way it goes. One reason I like One Piece better, it gives all the Straw Hats screen time and gives more character development, and ACTUAL backstories.....

Vatanui AKA Pride
11-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Compared to her canon self with one move she certainly is. And Ultimate Ninja Tenten has so many powerful techniques it's just.....insane O_o And it's just Tenten!

It is problematic that Kishi only pays attention to the Sauce and Naruto, but that's just the way it goes. One reason I like One Piece better, it gives all the Straw Hats screen time and gives more character development, and ACTUAL backstories.....

It even has SIDE-STORIES for the bad guys, like with CP9 on the Covers. And yeah, I agree, because all the Straw Hats have fought at least once in each major Arc(Ex. Enies Lobby; Arabasta; Water Seven) when they were with each other.

Miles Edgeworth
11-25-2009, 10:50 PM
It even has SIDE-STORIES for the bad guys, like with CP9 on the Covers. And yeah, I agree, because all the Straw Hats have fought at least once in each major Arc(Ex. Enies Lobby; Arabasta; Water Seven) when they were with each other.

Oh yeah, those were pretty interesting, at least they show SOME screen time of people after their arcs finish.

Yeah, the last time we had a big cast of people fighting in Naruto was Chunin Exams (one of my fave arcs in Naruto). Ino hasn't fought since then, Sakura never fought again Pre-Skip, Shino never fought after pre-skip, Hinata never really fought again at all, Team Gai didn't even do anything post-skip, and Temari did nothing post-skip.

Remember the Sasuke flashbacks? One Piece's are like that, but shorter and better. And they have them for every Straw Hat. I don't recall any back stories for Tenten or Shino, for example.

321zigzag1
11-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Oh yeah, those were pretty interesting, at least they show SOME screen time of people after their arcs finish.

Yeah, the last time we had a big cast of people fighting in Naruto was Chunin Exams (one of my fave arcs in Naruto). Ino hasn't fought since then, Sakura never fought again Pre-Skip, Shino never fought after pre-skip, Hinata never really fought again at all, Team Gai didn't even do anything post-skip, and Temari did nothing post-skip.

Remember the Sasuke flashbacks? One Piece's are like that, but shorter and better. And they have them for every Straw Hat. I don't recall any back stories for Tenten or Shino, for example.

Tenten didn't get even a fight.

Space Cowboy Sasori
11-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Tenten didn't get even a fight.

Ten-ten is getting jipped as is Ino.

---------------- Now playing: Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/black+eyed+peas/track/i+gotta+feeling) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

321zigzag1
11-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Ten-ten is getting jipped as is Ino.

---------------- Now playing: Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/black+eyed+peas/track/i+gotta+feeling) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

At least Tenten is more useful.

Ino doesn't have anything.

Space Cowboy Sasori
11-26-2009, 08:31 AM
I don't know at least Ino can transfer her mind making her body limp and vunerable...er, maybe not.

Vatanui AKA Pride
11-26-2009, 12:36 PM

I agree, and they even had flashbacks for people like Shanks and Lucci as well. It's great to know that Oda even has flashbacks for side-characters, antagonists, and such, and that he doesn't completely throw them away after the first major Arc they've been in. (Ex. Buggy; Crocodile)

I don't know at least Ino can transfer her mind making her body limp and vunerable...er, maybe not.

Lol. But I think Ino would prove herself to be at least a tad stronger if she was involved with a fight more. In the Kakuzu battle, she did basically nothing due to her being frightened and Kakashi taking most of the battle.

zebrakiller
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
i think we should add whether or not speed is equalized by default

Space Cowboy Sasori
11-27-2009, 01:10 PM
I believe Speed is equalized only if the author says it is.

Vatanui AKA Pride
11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
I believe Speed is equalized only if the author says it is.

I believe so as well.

Space Cowboy Sasori
11-27-2009, 01:28 PM
I think Zebra is right and that it should be added though, I would add it but I don't wanna do it without permission.

narutoultra
11-27-2009, 04:37 PM
I think Zebra is right and that it should be added though, I would add it but I don't wanna do it without permission.

Speed equal?
Doesn't sound good to me, it automatically gives power to one character, even if the defferance is small, like high subsonic and sonic.

Space Cowboy Sasori
11-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Speed isn't equalized unless stated by the author is all.

narutoultra
11-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Speed isn't equalized unless stated by the author is all.

This is kind of for things that are assumed, if we added everything that wasn't then it would be to much to list.

Space Cowboy Sasori
11-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Alright, I can agree with that.

zebrakiller
11-27-2009, 05:02 PM
makes sense i suppose, i just figured a lot of noobies wouldnt know what "speed is equalized" even means is all

Skylar
12-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Ok I have an oppinion that there should be some new rules introduced....If I may, here they are.....

1.Battles should only be about Naruto characters, or at least have a Naruto character involved...

2.There shouldn't be battles that r pointless. Ex-Where a location kills the visiting character, where one character is doomed from the start, ect....

3.Battles can involve characters from Naruto and perhaps other anime, but not battles that include; cartoons, bands, people, objects....

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think alot of battles in these threads are getting out of hand and well don't take this the wrong way, but they seem stupid......This is a Naruto forum, why is there battles the r just between one piece characters, ect......?

ECW Original
12-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Because it gets boring just using Naruto characters.

Skylar
12-04-2009, 09:04 PM
But it is a Naruto Forum..I mean I guess I can see One piece, Bleach, ect. characters against Naruto characters, but it doesn't make any sense if a battle doesn't include any Naruto characters. I think if u get bored u could try another forum, but why make the Naruto forum like the One piece forum....

But still u gotta agree with me, why make battles pointless.....? ex.Kakashi vs spongebob universe-Kakashi starts underwater....

ECW Original
12-04-2009, 09:06 PM
They're supposed to be for laughs.

Skylar
12-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh, well I just don't think there funny. But I guess that just me, sorry to bother u.......

Abigail
12-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Ok I have an oppinion that there should be some new rules introduced....If I may, here they are.....

1.Battles should only be about Naruto characters, or at least have a Naruto character involved...

2.There shouldn't be battles that r pointless. Ex-Where a location kills the visiting character, where one character is doomed from the start, ect....

3.Battles can involve characters from Naruto and perhaps other anime, but not battles that include; cartoons, bands, people, objects....

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think alot of battles in these threads are getting out of hand and well don't take this the wrong way, but they seem stupid......This is a Naruto forum, why is there battles the r just between one piece characters, ect......?

Because it gets boring just using Naruto characters.And there's your answer.

Just because it's a Naruto forum doesn't mean it has to be only Naruto battles, that would get boring very, very quickly.

Skylar
12-05-2009, 06:04 AM
Still, why should there be battles that r pointless...? Like a battle where Kakashi starts underwater.....?(and yes there has been one, where people have said that he would start underwater)....

Space Cowboy Sasori
12-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Then the OP should give him the ability to breathe underwater if that's the case.

Skylar
12-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Then the OP should give him the ability to breathe underwater if that's the case.
I know dude, but they didn't. And they still brought up the fact that he would die due to underwater pressure or drowning........

Miles Edgeworth
12-05-2009, 12:44 PM
But it is a Naruto Forum..I mean I guess I can see One piece, Bleach, ect. characters against Naruto characters, but it doesn't make any sense if a battle doesn't include any Naruto characters. I think if u get bored u could try another forum, but why make the Naruto forum like the One piece forum....

But still u gotta agree with me, why make battles pointless.....? ex.Kakashi vs spongebob universe-Kakashi starts underwater....

Well the battleground will eventually be split for OP and stuff, but until then this will do. It's not hurting unless it's a troll topic.

Does Viz even HAVE an OP forum like this yet? If they did I would probably join it xD

Space Cowboy Sasori
12-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Well the battleground will eventually be split for OP and stuff, but until then this will do. It's not hurting unless it's a troll topic.

Does Viz even HAVE an OP forum like this yet? If they did I would probably join it xD

I think their making one, which is exciting.

---------------- Now playing: Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem - Forever (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/drake%2c+kanye+west%2c+lil+wayne+%26+eminem/track/forever) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

ECW Original
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Ban Goku vs. Superman.......

zebrakiller
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Ban Goku vs. Superman.......
i disagree, i was actually planning on starting another thread...

narutoultra
12-07-2009, 03:46 AM
i disagree, i was actually planning on starting another thread...

Why not revive one of the other ten?
-Goku VS Superman-

For banning:Narutoultra, ECW original
Against banning:Zebrakiler

I'm not putting it up yet, i want more opinions.

ECW Original
12-07-2009, 05:50 AM
http://obd.wikispaces.com/Goku+vs.+Superman

The 1st Hokage
12-07-2009, 06:59 AM
im with the ban.we've come to the conclusion that there is a million conclusions considering the multiple supermans there are.goku has one maybe once or twice considering that some of the super man arent as powerful as the others

ECW Original
12-07-2009, 07:17 AM
http://obd.wikispaces.com/file/view/gvs.jpg/34354225/gvs.jpg

It will never end....

The 1st Hokage
12-07-2009, 07:37 AM
http://obd.wikispaces.com/file/view/gvs.jpg/34354225/gvs.jpg

It will never end....

yeah.sadly it wont.one of the most beloved anime character of all time and dude in blue and red tights will fight forever untill they die of old age

zebrakiller
12-07-2009, 08:35 AM
yeah.sadly it wont.one of the most beloved anime character of all time and dude in blue and red tights will fight forever untill they die of old age
i have no problem with that...it won't ever get revived here tho don't worry unless some newbie makes a thread...or if i decide i wanna piss ppl off. i don't think we should ban anything tho, free speech and all.

narutoultra
12-07-2009, 01:51 PM
For banning:Narutoultra, ECW original, 1st Hokage,
Against banning:Zebrakiller

I really want to see the higher debaters opinions also.
EDIT: Moved to an official thread, do not discuss here.

9tail
12-17-2009, 05:50 PM
wait so how would you set this up somebody post a thread like that so i can see

Deadman
01-08-2010, 04:08 AM

Matches that are considered off-limits, as of now there are no established punishments[as far as i know] you will probably be de-repped and get your thread locked

-General Laws-

3: All contestants are bloodlusted but in charecter[unless it contradicts bloodlust].

-Stage Laws-

-Energy Laws-

-How To Win-

5: Survive longer than the other contestant, inviromental death, suicide attacks ect.

-Terminology Used-

1: Canon-anything made by the original author, for manga this is only the manga in most cases. For games it is only the games in most cases. The same t.v. and comics. Some series are anime originated though, be sure to take note of the anime as canon in this case.

2:Bloodlust-This means that a contestant is fighting with the intent to kill, he is going all out, and can use moves that contradict the storyline. Such as Wind-Naruto swearing not to use Rasen-Shuriken. He could use it if bloodlusted. In other words there pissed, as pissed as possible.

4:OBD-Outskirts Battledome; A section of the Narutofan Forum dedicated to battles; A wiki dedicated to the Narutofan Forum's Outskirts Battledome
Well i gues that people are very stricked anbout these battles!
are they offical or just advertisements???????

ECW Original
01-08-2010, 05:13 AM
They're official

Miles Edgeworth
01-08-2010, 06:26 PM
I added another rule to the list, #6 in the general laws. I made it so it would clear up thoughts about people saying "well (insert character) would never attack (insert character) so (weaker character) wins."

narutoultra
01-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I added another rule to the list, #6 in the general laws. I made it so it would clear up thoughts about people saying "well (insert character) would never attack (insert character) so (weaker character) wins."

Is that not an extention of bloodlust?

Miles Edgeworth
01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Is that not an extention of bloodlust?

Well apparently it wasn't clear enough to some people, or they were just too ignorant to read the rules =/

Abigail
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Well then, adding it won't change much then will it?

Skylar
03-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Ok I haven't really ever understood the whole energy laws rule. For instance/example- someone could say that a character that uses lightning(Azula, Static shock, ect) could disable Deidara's clay bombs(even though they don't use chakra). However if a character like Pain Preta was up against someone lets say from the Avatarverse, that Preta could not absorb their bends because they do not use chakra..........

I'm just wondering how it works. One way someone can abide by the rule to win, and in other cases someone can ignore the rule to win. Could someone please tell me if the energy law is or isn't this.........?

Nyruss
03-27-2010, 11:46 AM
The energy law is whatever is necessary for Naruto to lose.

321zigzag1
03-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Ok I haven't really ever understood the whole energy laws rule. For instance/example- someone could say that a character that uses lightning(Azula, Static shock, ect) could disable Deidara's clay bombs(even though they don't use chakra). However if a character like Pain Preta was up against someone lets say from the Avatarverse, that Preta could not absorb their bends because they do not use chakra..........

I'm just wondering how it works. One way someone can abide by the rule to win, and in other cases someone can ignore the rule to win. Could someone please tell me if the energy law is or isn't this.........?

Preta could absorb the fire and lighting probably since it is created.

Bleach?

Skylar
03-27-2010, 06:00 PM

Yeah*sarcasticly*, I doubt that since this is the Naruto Forum. Not the, every other verse, but Naruto Forum............

Preta could absorb the fire and lighting probably since it is created.

Ok, but I'm still wondering how the rule works. I just think its kinda weird how some people say Preta can't absorb bends because they don't use chakra(example), but others say that Deidara's clay bombs can be disarmed by any lightning(example)-even if chakra isn't involved with it......

For instance Aang has been able airbend to block a firebend, without the fire getting bigger. So if he fought someone from the Narutoverse would he be able to block fire style, or would it fail and just make the fire style stronger? It doesn't use chakra so it shouldn't, but if the bends are considered the same energy as chakra(same effects and all that) then it would make it stronger.............

321zigzag1
03-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah*sarcasticly*, I doubt that since this is the Naruto Forum. Not the, every other verse, but Naruto Forum............

Ok, but I'm still wondering how the rule works. I just think its kinda weird how some people say Preta can't absorb bends because they don't use chakra(example), but others say that Deidara's clay bombs can be disarmed by any lightning(example)-even if chakra isn't involved with it......

For instance Aang has been able airbend to block a firebend, without the fire getting bigger. So if he fought someone from the Narutoverse would he be able to block fire style, or would it fail and just make the fire style stronger? It doesn't use chakra so it shouldn't, but if the bends are considered the same energy as chakra(same effects and all that) then it would make it stronger.............

Make a thread about it.

Nyruss
03-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah*sarcasticly*, I doubt that since this is the Naruto Forum. Not the, every other verse, but Naruto Forum...

The majority of the people here hate Naruto.

deidara330
03-27-2010, 07:41 PM
The majority of the people here hate Naruto.Somehow I doubt that.

321zigzag1
03-27-2010, 07:46 PM
The majority of the people here hate Naruto.

I don't know where you got that from.

Even in Narutofan its not so clear cut.

deidara330
03-27-2010, 07:47 PM
I don't know where you got that from.

Even in Narutofan its not so clear cut.I'm gonna make a thread about that just to challenge his statement.

OnyxBlossom
03-27-2010, 08:13 PM

-General Laws-

6(Extention of bloolust): In-verse relationships aren't taken into consideration in matches. For example, you can't say Sakura>Naruto because Naruto would not attack Sakura.

-Stage Laws-

-Energy Laws-

-How To Win-

-Terminology Used-

Hmm...these rules seem fair to me, and will help greatly with the noobs who go into the BG and post threads. `:P

There really is nothing I want to add or is needed to be added IMO.

Shikamaru Nara
04-08-2010, 01:47 PM
These are nice rules!!! So, when you start a BG thread and there're no set restrictions, these are default?

Skylar
04-24-2010, 10:52 AM
I was just wonering about something; Troll(international stomp) threads are banned in the battleground, but what about Joke threads?

TheAkatsukiClanPM9999
04-24-2010, 11:41 AM
One time I got mad at the battlegrounds. I was debating with The 1st Hokage. I got mad at the questions he was asking me. But later on I learned that that's is what the battlegrounds is all about.

Skylar
04-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Maybe I didn't make my question that clear, so I'll ask it in a different way.

Are not Joke threads basically the same thing as Troll(international Stomp) Threads in the battleground section?

321zigzag1
04-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Joke Threads are for humor purposes but Troll and Joke threads can be interwined.

Skylar
04-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Joke Threads are for humor purposes but Troll and Joke threads can be interwined.
Meaning that some Joke threads are considered Troll threads, so some should be banned also. Right?

SageoftheSixPaths
04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Troll threads usually are joke threads.

Skylar
04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Troll threads usually are joke threads.
So they should be banned, right?

SageoftheSixPaths
04-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Not if they're just as jokes. If somebody genuinely thinks a troll thread is serious then it could be banned, but otherwise no. This site is for entertainment, so why not entertain?

Skylar
04-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Not if they're just as jokes. If somebody genuinely thinks a troll thread is serious then it could be banned, but otherwise no. This site is for entertainment, so why not entertain?
I suppose.........

Akira Of Shiseiten
04-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Heres a good rule, everyone who come here must have a brain, that is gained by lurking.

Another rule: everyone negs people who make rape threads like Madara vs Superman.

I swear AkatsukiClanpmblahblah and HokageSoulReaper should be in red by now.

FierceNightmare
04-27-2010, 03:14 AM
There bad debaters that is why you think that right?

Akira Of Shiseiten
04-27-2010, 03:23 AM
They're trolls that keep on making rape threads.

FierceNightmare
04-27-2010, 03:27 AM
Your super mad! Did you down rep them yet?

Space Cowboy Sasori
05-17-2010, 02:28 PM
We're "remolding" the rules, any ideas?

deidara330
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
We are. Sooner or later we're editing the OP of this thread with updated rules, and we would like your input if you have any. Current rules that will be included indefinitely is the deleting of any posts that offer no contribution to debate (i.e. "Pain stomps") and another rule includes the locking of any uber stomp thread (i.e. TOAA VS Konohamaru). If anyone has any ideas for the new official BG rules, please post them.

Nyruss
05-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Lifting the picture embargo for Naruto and the like would make things more convenient. :hmm

Also, I rather enjoy cussing. Perhaps lighten up on those rules a little. Maybe just enough so I can use s;);)t. That one's more a personal preference. :P

colorles
05-20-2010, 01:50 PM
We are. Sooner or later we're editing the OP of this thread with updated rules, and we would like your input if you have any. Current rules that will be included indefinitely is the deleting of any posts that offer no contribution to debate (i.e. "Pain stomps") and another rule includes the locking of any uber stomp thread (i.e. TOAA VS Konohamaru). If anyone has any ideas for the new official BG rules, please post them.

but Konohamaru is a ninja! a ninja i tell you. Konohamaru stomps

narutoultra
05-22-2010, 04:49 AM
Being gone so long i figured these would have already changed. I noticed grammar mistakes, making them seem to be my specialty.