PDA

View Full Version : My Top 5 worst animes ever!

TNA Kitten
11-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Top Five Worst Anime.

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion: It's the worst anime I've ever seen. I could go on but I'd take up another page.

2. Vampire Knight: It has perhaps the most annoying characters ever, and could over take Evangelion as the worst anime I've ever seen. I could go on but I'd take up another page.

3. Trinity Blood: Perhaps the most unoriginal anime I've seen. A huge rip off of Trigun, that had some potential with the basis of the story, but turned into a rip off of Trigun with no value at all.

4. Ranma 1/2: It's been a long time since I've seen this show, but I still remember how much I hate it. I saw it back in the early 90s, my older brother liked it. I couldn't stand more than five minutes. I hate anime that has nothing but over the top comedy that's not even funny, plus has nothing else to add.

5. Final Fantasy Unlimited: I was truly disappointed with the anime. I love the games and expected so much more than what the creators gave me in the anime.

Un-Honorable Mentions: Full Metal Panic Fumoffu,Digimon, Gundam Seed Destiny, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, One Piece, and Zatch Bell.

I know some people will disagree with some of this and that's fine. This is just my opinion and you have every right to have yours, but I will say I've been watching anime for over 15 years now and I think I know what's great and terrible. Feel free to leave your opinion. Your might even change my mind, but I dought it.

sasu_girl
11-13-2009, 03:35 AM
i pretty much agree with you. the only anime that i kinda liked that you named was vampire knight. but, i didn't like it enough to watch it over again(i rewatch many anime).

C. Hook
11-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Top Five Worst Anime.

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion: It's the worst anime I've ever seen. I could go on but I'd take up another page.

It has a specific audience. I don't like it much either, but I must admit there's a reason people loved it.

Last two episodes were shitty no matter how you look at the series, though.

Un-Honorable Mentions: Full Metal Panic Fumoffu,Digimon, Gundam Seed Destiny, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, One Piece, and Zatch Bell.

One of the above does not belong.

Unless you're talking about the english dub of One Piece. The first English dub, anyway.

I know some people will disagree with some of this and that's fine. This is just my opinion and you have every right to have yours, but I will say I've been watching anime for over 15 years now and I think I know what's great and terrible. Feel free to leave your opinion. Your might even change my mind, but I dought it.

I don't hope to change your mind. However, I'd like to actually know your reasons why you think One Piece belongs up there. NEG was a very subjective show, but One Piece? What's wrong with One Piece, other than it being much worse than the manga?

This is the debate forum, so there will be debates.

Sasuke726
11-13-2009, 05:45 PM
u dont like digimon

TNA Kitten
11-14-2009, 04:22 AM
One piece is just awful..english or japanese..and the manga too..

No i dont like digimon...its better than pokemon but its still sucks..

Ayokana
12-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I agree with everything you have except for One Piece....sort of. I liked it when I was like 10...haven't watched it since. I prolly won't like it now. Same goes for Yu-Gi-Oh. I watched it when I was younger, and it was the first thing that got me into anime and shonen jump. but....i doubt it appeals to me now. I have to revisit those old episodes, i suppose.

Dark_Star
12-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I agree with you. Most of the anime on there I hated and I still hate. Especially Ranma 1/2, not even funny and I never got the point in it.

C. Hook
12-04-2009, 10:30 PM
One piece is just awful..english or japanese..and the manga too..

The manga quality improves immensely at the Arlong Park arc and continues at a good pace after that point. Until then, it is a bit generic, but I think it's hardly among the worst manga ever.

The art is quite nice, if cartoony, and the level of detail can be extremely high (ESPECIALLY in the Skypiea and Thriller Bark arcs). The character designs are creative and most of them look unique. Oda does have a problem drawing attractive women, but he seems to be getting over it a bit.

Why do you dislike it? I will happily admit it's probably in my top 10 shounen. It's no HxH or Full Metal Alchemist in terms of plot, but it's certainly just as good as, say, Naruto (Actually, I think it's a lot better than Naruto, but that's neither here nor there).

The anime of One Piece has... Slow episodes, but that's true of pretty much all ongoing shounen mangas adapted into animes (Bleach, One Piece, Dragonball, Fairy Tail, Naruto...).

I'm not trying to attack you for disliking it, but I'd like to know your reasons why.

Hally
12-04-2009, 10:31 PM
bakugan battle brawlers is the worst anime ever. I hate it

Luna Mikazuki
12-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Top Five Worst Anime.

This was an awesome anime.

2. Vampire Knight: It has perhaps the most annoying characters ever, and could over take Evangelion as the worst anime I've ever seen. I could go on but I'd take up another page.
Still awesome.

3. Trinity Blood: Perhaps the most unoriginal anime I've seen. A huge rip off of Trigun, that had some potential with the basis of the story, but turned into a rip off of Trigun with no value at all.
STILL AWESOME.

4. Ranma 1/2: It's been a long time since I've seen this show, but I still remember how much I hate it. I saw it back in the early 90s, my older brother liked it. I couldn't stand more than five minutes. I hate anime that has nothing but over the top comedy that's not even funny, plus has nothing else to add.
You are gonna make Toma mad.

5. Final Fantasy Unlimited: I was truly disappointed with the anime. I love the games and expected so much more than what the creators gave me in the anime.
Meh, it was okay.

My thoughts.

Chibi Shika Fangirl
12-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I used to like Pokemon when I was little. XD

C. Hook
12-04-2009, 10:45 PM
I used to like Pokemon when I was little. XD

It wasn't bad...

It was horrible. From what I remember, nearly every episode was filler or Ash getting plot wins against the Gym Leaders.

Chibi Shika Fangirl
12-04-2009, 10:47 PM
It wasn't bad...

It was horrible. From what I remember, nearly every episode was filler or Ash getting plot wins against the Gym Leaders.
Yeah I know. But a 3-year-old enjoys that crap. XD

Sosuke Aizen
12-04-2009, 10:48 PM
It wasn't bad...

It was horrible. From what I remember, nearly every episode was filler or Ash getting plot wins against the Gym Leaders.Isnt the gym leaders battle the whole point of Pokemon?

Black King
12-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Top Five Worst Anime.

The only one out of those 5 that I've seen is Trinity Blood. I liked it, but I forgot what it was about. The last time I watched it was 3-5 years ago. =/ Full Metal Panic is hilarious. I never watched Gundam and I don't want to...I used to love Pokemon. I kind of hate it now. I was a Yu-Gay-Oh fan for about two minutes, then I started to hate it. One Piece is better off as a Manga...I never got into Zatch Bell. Digimon is retarded.

Sosuke Aizen
12-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Hahaha one piece sucks..anime and manga

Hally
12-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey One Piece as long as it is not the 4 kids version is awesome. But One Piece 4 kids sucks

C4 Karura
12-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Why One Piece? (You've yet to give a reason, other than saying it's "awful".)

C. Hook
12-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Hahaha one piece sucks..anime and manga

Interesting general trend among people who claim it sucks: A lack of evidence to say WHY.

Lone Wolf
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
One Piece Manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bleach.

Tobi65
12-11-2009, 07:58 PM
i can't really say that i like any of them...

C. Hook
12-13-2009, 09:34 AM
One Piece Manga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bleach.

Well, pretty much everything>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bleach.

The entire comic is a joke currently.

zerosameri
12-13-2009, 09:50 AM
bakugan battle brawlers is the worst anime ever. I hate itBakugan was awesome and still is awesome :mrgreen:
---

and I have to disagree with you on Vampire night, because I find it super awesome

X__Sasuke__X
12-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Vampire Knight is awesome tho. :/

Toma RNK
12-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Top Five Worst Anime.

It was amazingly complex and deep, but had a limited audience. I consider it one of the best works alive, but I had the advantage of watching it with a person with a masters in psych, and a religious studies major. They explained a lot of the subtle things I would never have gotten and I appreciate a lot of what was done

It was bad....

Trigun meets Hellsing with no originality.

I could write a lot arguing with you but we will just have to disagree. I thought it was the best comedy anime of all time, possibly the best anime ever.

Agreed

FMP Foimufu was a riot. I think you don't like silly anime, also if you didn't see the FMP original series much is lost.

Watch Gude Crest, or Kokoro Library or some of the really crappy anime, then make another list. These were all stomach-able.

GaaraoftheSand13
12-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Hm, I was quite fond of Ranma 1/2. It wasn't serious or anything, but very entertaining. I think Pokemon is horrible, but I still watch it anyway because I think it's cute.

For another bad anime that hasn't been listed here yet: Ikigami. It was plotless, boring, and didn't make too much sense.

Jinchiruuki
12-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Neon Gen Evangelion was by far one of the best anime I have ever seen. The story, plot and characters were so well done. But I respect your opinions on it.

321zigzag1
12-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Well, pretty much everything>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bleach.

The entire comic is a joke currently.

Sadly this is within possibility of being true. LOL Bleach.

Bakugan was awesome and still is awesome :mrgreen:
---

and I have to disagree with you on Vampire night, because I find it super awesome

Whats so great about Bakugan?

Neon Gen Evangelion was by far one of the best anime I have ever seen. The story, plot and characters were so well done. But I respect your opinions on it.

Neon Gen Evangelion was good I think.

TucanaTheToucan
12-14-2009, 11:31 PM
I disagree. 4kids used to be a rather decent distributor. But, they are now disastrous and mired in their debt caused by the Global Economy Crash of 9-15-2008. Soon, they will be gone for good and all anime fans will dance on it's grave.

Strider_Naruto
12-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Bleach: I use to like the show alot. When it started off, I thought it was a really good anime. Read the manga and it was cool, but Im disliking the show now because the fillers they keep throwing in has become quite annoying, and obvious as to who won the Shinigami vs Arrancar war. Seriously, If I was the creator, I would of showed those fillers after the Arrancar as a new season. This really made me lose interest in the anime, but I understand the anime was catching up to the manga, and thats why the show had so many fillers, but for that season, its showed to many fillers during the war. Just how many fillers must they add in everytime they get to a good part of the anime?

Inuyasha: Another anime that started off good, but I grew bored of it because it was the same villain over and over, and its funny how a bunch of strangers ended up teaming together as it was faith because Naraku dramatized all of them at some point and time. The anime jump from being serious to a love soap opera of some sort. Story line wasnt so bad, but I felt like it needed to change up a bit instead of focusing on one plot.

DragonBall GT: This series had nothing to do with the original series. The story was awkard, and I found it very boring. It was like a bad combination of DragonBall and DragonBall Z which was terrible. There was barely any good plots of fights, and it just felt very goofy, and childish. The whole saiyan thing was dumb, and the designs for the characters were tacky. The only series I liked from it was the Super 17 saga. Thats when some real action kicked in for the series, but after that, It wasnt evem worth watching.

Tenchi In Tokyo: Seriously? What was that? It looks like the creators didnt even put in any effort for a story line, and the art style was horrible. That seaon wasnt even funny at all. Not something I can watch over and over again. Less action, and more romance from the other seasons of Tenchi Muyo.

BoBoBo (Or W/e its called): Probably one of the reasons why anime is being banned from CN because of the stupidity and image it left for people when they watched it. It wasnt even funny but thats my opinion. It amuses me when animes that try to have a comical relief behind it, its not even funny.

Taker369
12-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Bleach: I use to like the show alot. When it started off, I thought it was a really good anime. Read the manga and it was cool, but Im disliking the show now because the fillers they keep throwing in has become quite annoying, and obvious as to who won the Shinigami vs Arrancar war. Seriously, If I was the creator, I would of showed those fillers after the Arrancar as a new season. This really made me lose interest in the anime, but I understand the anime was catching up to the manga, and thats why the show had so many fillers, but for that season, its showed to many fillers during the war. Just how many fillers must they add in everytime they get to a good part of the anime?

Inuyasha: Another anime that started off good, but I grew bored of it because it was the same villain over and over, and its funny how a bunch of strangers ended up teaming together as it was faith because Naraku dramatized all of them at some point and time. The anime jump from being serious to a love soap opera of some sort. Story line wasnt so bad, but I felt like it needed to change up a bit instead of focusing on one plot.

DragonBall GT: This series had nothing to do with the original series. The story was awkard, and I found it very boring. It was like a bad combination of DragonBall and DragonBall Z which was terrible. There was barely any good plots of fights, and it just felt very goofy, and childish. The whole saiyan thing was dumb, and the designs for the characters were tacky. The only series I liked from it was the Super 17 saga. Thats when some real action kicked in for the series, but after that, It wasnt evem worth watching.

Tenchi In Tokyo: Seriously? What was that? It looks like the creators didnt even put in any effort for a story line, and the art style was horrible. That seaon wasnt even funny at all. Not something I can watch over and over again. Less action, and more romance from the other seasons of Tenchi Muyo.

BoBoBo (Or W/e its called): Probably one of the reasons why anime is being banned from CN because of the stupidity and image it left for people when they watched it. It wasnt even funny but thats my opinion. It amuses me when animes that try to have a comical relief behind it, its not even funny.

i must dissagree with u on bleach the story line is awsome it unlike naruto it actually gives u screen time of your fav characters even if it's in filler there newest filler arc is amazingly good unlike narutos fillers.

Strider_Naruto
12-16-2009, 01:16 AM
i must dissagree with u on bleach the story line is awsome it unlike naruto it actually gives u screen time of your fav characters even if it's in filler there newest filler arc is amazingly good unlike narutos fillers.

Narutos fillers actually blend in it with the story line even if its not related to the manga. Its like adding some extra stuff in that wasnt included in the manga since the story is based off the manga. I like how the creators mix it up very well, and not taking there eye off the main plot of the story line.

As for Bleach, those fillers could of blended in with the series, and not make it look obvious as who won the Arrancar war. Thats just my opinion, That season of Bleach has thrown in so many filler episodes, and it just ruins the moment because those should of taken place after the Arrancar war. Great Idea, but not if its going to screw up the plot of the anime thats suppose to leave you in suspense. They sorta went overboard with it, and that is why I share my info in regards to the dislike of the series now. The older episodes didnt really do that so why screw up the so called best part of the season, and letting everyone know what happen by showing something completely different? Maybe if they were to blend it in, I guess I wouldnt be so harsh on it.

321zigzag1
12-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Its because Bleach anime nearly caught up in the manga twice.

Thanks to Kubo's slow crappy pacing.

Kuroda Taishi
12-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Never saw Trigun, so I can't argue with you on Trinity Blood. But why do you dislike NGE?

shantanu
12-22-2009, 05:36 AM
digimon
pokemon- its toooooooooo lengthy

Hakumaiu
03-04-2011, 09:56 PM
5. Ghost in the Shell
4. Inu-Yasha
3. Gode Gese
2. Bobobbbbobooo...whatever
1. Dragon Ball, z, and gt

I really dislike these mostly they don't appiel to me and I haven't heard much of them.

Jutsu Junkie
03-06-2011, 07:38 PM
One Piece: I despise the rendering (character/vehicle/environment design) so much I can't watch it, and I think the premise is lame.
Turn A Gundam: They lost me at the English language intro, and then it got worse. A lot worse. "Oh, my hyper advanced ancient weapons disintegrate when I fire them, but my centuries-old robot limbs designed by the same people still work fine!" Stupid. And the characters annoyed me.
FLCL: Just hate the story, really. And I found the main characters annoying.
Night Wizard: Weak premise and awkward execution. Terrible designs.
Fafner: Devoid of any sense of reality within the rationale of the story's world. Terrible characters. Hackneyed concept. Uninspired designs.

I'd put NGE in this group, because the entire thing with the cable-powered mechs in the beginning turns me off, but I'm reserving judgment until I've gone through it a bit further.

Gin
03-06-2011, 08:22 PM
There are only two ways I'm able to dislike an anime:
1. If I begin it thinking it will be awful, and then it really is pretty bad.
2. If it's truly, absolutely 100% ridiculously terrible from every perspective.

So I haven't really found any I don't like. Then again, I don't watch very many.

Yori
03-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Dragon Ball Z and GT. Lets be honest, it had ass pulled plots

Rasen_Chidori
03-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Top Five Worst Anime.

Of the named, I would only disagree slightly in a couple of instances.

Yu-Gi-Oh! had a few decent parts, but got rather repetitive and boring after a while. Lets face it, a show about a card game can only stay interesting for so long. So I generally agree it wasn't great.

One Piece I only saw the first couple of arcs, but the parts I saw were pretty good.

puppetmasterpossession
03-06-2011, 10:43 PM
1. Most of the romantic ones, that are based on romance...I mean... to cheesy for me...
2. Naruto- It just lost me once the whole shadow thing on the island happened...
3. Soul Eater- Just didn't keep me entertained...
4. Bleach-Now don't get me wrong, I like Bleach, I just haven't watched a lot of anime...
5. Desert Punk- Same thing here. I like this anime, I just haven't watched a ton of different ones.