PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Topics made again

Naruto
04-03-2009, 06:44 PM
What happens if topics keep getting made again? I saw some topics I made getting posted again by someone else.

Sage Mode
04-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, it's a hard thing to control. We try to merge topics but sometimes it doesn't
make too much sense doing so, in terms of how the discussion is unfolding.

And sometimes there is a slight twist to a topic that makes it a little different,
or it's in another part of the forum that still makes sense.

When topics become less active, people don't bother to check if there's already
an earlier thread on the same subject. And some people like jumping in on new
discussions rather than long ones.

Which topics do you wish were merged? I can take a look.

Naruto
04-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I'd say fav. character because new people start coming thinking that the topic isn't there and start a new one again by mistake.
what naruto or akatsuki character would you like to date, is an example.

-like you said people don't check less active topics
-different names same idea

Sage Mode
04-03-2009, 09:50 PM
I merged the fave character threads! I'll see about the other ones.

Toma RNK
04-04-2009, 02:20 AM
Sadly the only way to solve this problem is by everyone following good forum posting procedures. This site however will be MANY peoples first experience with forums so there will always be a constant flow of new people who will not follow the rules.

Take the link in my signature for example which to my knowledge has been around for like 10 years. All the problems listed in this I have witnessed in the last 3 days. I am not bashing anyone but you will find these same mistakes made all the time. It is just a part of life.

Unless the mods want 90 hour work weeks, managing something like this will rely on members of the forums helping each other out and teaching the new people as best we can.

Sage Mode
04-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I think one good thing that may come out of this trend is that it might lead to a less insular atmosphere. It can be intimidating to join a new forum where everything is rigid and you have to hop on to a discussion thread that's been going on for months or years.

Vidda Hatake
04-12-2009, 01:20 AM
I also am concerned with redundant topics. It may not be much of a problem now, but with more new members creating more duplicate topics, it could become difficult to find new topics. I suggest that the obviously duplicate ones (like the one in Leaf Village Central-Naruto News-WHen Naruto Shippuden dub coming out) should be deleted or merged (if possible) and the author should be pm'ed to adivse them of the already ongoing topic (and thanked for their participation).