PDA

View Full Version : Gaara vs Minato

Miles Edgeworth
11-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Who would win? Gaara or Minato?

Honestly I'd say Minato wins this, supersonic speed can probably get around sand shield, Bunta allows him to get up to floating sand's level, and a Rasengan can likely either do massive damage to Gaara if it gets past the shield, or bust through the shield if Gaara blocks.

Yellow Flash
11-08-2009, 09:12 AM

Honestly I'd say Minato wins this, supersonic speed can probably get around sand shield, Bunta allows him to get up to floating sand's level, and a Rasengan can likely either do massive damage to Gaara if it gets past the shield, or bust through the shield if Gaara blocks.
Minato without a doubt. His supersonic speed is a huge advantage over Gaara. Plus boss summon will probably equalized the whole floating in air thing and then the total mastery of the rasengan would definitely finish him off.

Yuuta
11-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Minato OWNS him. Gaara's sand shield is just too slow! Minata easily gets past it and kills him without breaking a sweat.

ninja05
11-24-2009, 04:37 PM

Minato wins this.

321zigzag1
11-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Minato with his Flying Thunder God Technique.

Well Gaara will be unable to react to instant teleportation.

Minato with teleportation is haxxed.

deidara330
11-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Minato in base speed has no speed feats, for all we know he isn't even Sonic in base. He has to throw a kunai to FTG to Gaara, and Gaara's sand blocks it. He could still teleport there, but he can't get through the Ultimate Defense. We have nothing to go on for Rasengan except Powerscaling and hype, which I hate since neither have feats. The only thing that helps and wins him this battle is Gamabunta, since Toad Sword would slice through Gaara like a Toad Sword. Which is to say, very easily. Minato wins, but if Summons were banned Gaara would obviously win.

sage mangekyo
11-24-2009, 05:15 PM
minato won because gaara barely handled lees speed and minatos is like 2x faster than that

deidara330
11-24-2009, 05:16 PM
minato won because gaara barely handled lees speed and minatos is like 2x faster than that
With FTG. Base speed doesn't even come close to Gates Lee.

321zigzag1
11-24-2009, 05:17 PM
With FTG. Base speed doesn't even come close to Gates Lee.

Unfortunately we don't know how fast FTG really is.

sage mangekyo
11-24-2009, 05:18 PM
well you can only imagine because of minato's speen kunai so :/

kurribu99
11-24-2009, 05:19 PM
i gotta say minato. he could use rasengan on garras sand to put a gap in it. while he has a gap, then throw a stamp kunai into the hole. right when it touches the ground, he could teleport and rasengan garra! :p

sharingandeamon24
11-24-2009, 05:22 PM
of course minato with his speed, stadegie,and quick thinking gaara dosent have a chance

zebrakiller
11-24-2009, 08:38 PM
add this one to the history thread. minato gets the dub

mdog3160
11-24-2009, 08:39 PM
minato will win,because he created Rasengan,so he will win

Vivi
11-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Gaara wins this.

Minato can only use FTG through his Kunais and its not known if he can use them by hand.

Gaaras sand block the Kunai's and noway Minato gets past that if he teleports since Gaaras sand kept up with Raikage.

Gaara can also use his sand to levitate so the Kunais wont hit him.

If Minato tries to summon Gaara wouldnt just watch the sand'd be all over Minato.He wouldnt have time to do it.

Minato is missing speed feats thats why he loses this.

Zebrakiller this is far from over.This has just begun.

Fan of Minato
11-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Gaara wins this.

Minato can only use FTG through his Kunais and its not known if he can use them by hand.

Gaaras sand block the Kunai's and noway Minato gets past that if he teleports since Gaaras sand kept up with Raikage.

Gaara can also use his sand to levitate so the Kunais wont hit him.

If Minato tries to summon Gaara wouldnt just watch the sand'd be all over Minato.He wouldnt have time to do it.

Minato is missing speed feats thats why he loses this.

If I may.
Summonings can be done in air as well. And Summonings can be done pretty fast by a Genin. I'd say a Hokage would make seals faster....

Kept up with Raikage? Thats a NO. Many people said that but Gaara's sand never kept up with Raikage. They never fought. Gaara's sand simply stopped a kick from the Raikage.
If I may add. It was a finisher kick with not much speed by Raikage in his speed form. And Minato has been compared to Raikage lightning armor.

Also if Minato tags the sand that Gaara keeps near him all the time he can get near Gaara easily.
(All he has to do is throw a paper bomb and Gaara's spherical shield will come around him. And Minato can teleport.).

If Gaara levitates, it will give Minato time to summon.

Vivi
11-24-2009, 08:59 PM
If I may.
Summonings can be done in air as well. And Summonings can be done pretty fast by a Genin. I'd say a Hokage would make seals faster....
With Gaara's sand being all over him?It'd be pretty much all around him.

Kept up with Raikage? Thats a NO. Many people said that but Gaara's sand never kept up with Raikage. They never fought. Gaara's sand simply stopped a kick from the Raikage.
If I may add. It was a finisher kick with not much speed by Raikage in his speed form. And Minato has been compared to Raikage lightning armor.
It was still enough speed since Sasuke had no chance of dodging it.
And he still well capable of moving.
And yes Minato's been compared.But that doesnt mean anything unless its being shown.Just like Kakashi and his 1000 Jutsu's.

Also if Minato tags the sand that Gaara keeps near him all the time he can get near Gaara easily.
(All he has to do is throw a paper bomb and Gaara's spherical shield will come around him. And Minato can teleport.).
Gaara has a crapton of Sand.The Tag can get within the sand crushing Minato.Under the sand incase it gets on the floor burying him,in the air making him drop etc.
Paper bomb?Chidori was barely able to pierce it in Part 1.

Gaara wouldnt be so stupid.He would clearly not leave his enemy unattacked while he levitates.

Yellow.And sorry if Im wrong.

Fan of Minato
11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Yellow.And sorry if Im wrong.

Gaara's sand is supersonic I believe. FTG is instant. FTG is faster than Gaara's sand. Minato can place tags around the field. And teleport.

Sasuke wasn't able to dodge? I believe he was quite weakened by Raikage already.

Paper bomb is to make Gaara use his shield then Minato can teleport near.

So can we then assume that Raikage is slower than Minato? xD

I have to go sleep. I'l counter tomorrow.

Vivi
11-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Gaara's sand is supersonic I believe. FTG is instant. FTG is faster than Gaara's sand. Minato can place tags around the field. And teleport.
Around the Field?The Sand would be after him.Look what he did to the Meadow against Kimimaro.How does Minato wanna place any tags there?
Kunais would be blocked by the sand.

Sasuke wasn't able to dodge? I believe he was quite weakened by Raikage already.
He damn sure was.He was able to quickly summon Susanoo,Save Karin and hurry to Danzo.He should have had quite alot left to dodge.

Paper bomb is to make Gaara use his shield then Minato can teleport near.
Gaara made a crapton of sand against Deidara and the birds.One Paper bomb is far from enough.Besides Minato got no knowledge of Gaaras sand.He wouldnt know a Paper Bomb would destroy something he doesnt know Gaara controls.

So can we then assume that Raikage is slower than Minato? xD
Minato has only been compared to Raikage.Means nothing.
If Minato didnt do it its useless.

I have to go sleep. I'l counter tomorrow.

Yellow again.

yokokurama
11-24-2009, 09:16 PM
If I may.

Rocklee/OP demonstrated that Gaara's sand is now supersonic due to his intervention in the Raikage fight and ability to keep up with Sasuke's Black Chaos Flames for a while anyways. I think it was in a Gaara vs Neji thread.

Also sand will own the slime off the toads and dry them out.

Just things to consider.

Sasuke726
11-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Minato becuase he is faster than Gaara's sand

zebrakiller
11-24-2009, 09:45 PM
ok gaaras sand speed is boosted way too much. he quite possibly could have anticipated the attack n started the sand moving just b4 raikage attacked. the sand is fast yes, but ol bushy brow was flippin thru it with sheer speed part 1, minato is equal speed if not faster. also part 1 sasuke chidori got thru sand shield easily not with difficulty, he just powered it up n launched. minatos rasengan is easily stronger than genin sasukes chidori. speed, summons, n rasengan tear the sand apart.

Vivi
11-24-2009, 10:01 PM
ok gaaras sand speed is boosted way too much. he quite possibly could have anticipated the attack n started the sand moving just b4 raikage attacked. the sand is fast yes, but ol bushy brow was flippin thru it with sheer speed part 1, minato is equal speed if not faster. also part 1 sasuke chidori got thru sand shield easily not with difficulty, he just powered it up n launched. minatos rasengan is easily stronger than genin sasukes chidori. speed, summons, n rasengan tear the sand apart.

Anticipated the attack from Raikage?
Even Sasuk with MS had problems with that how does a normal eye like Gaara wanna do that?

Part1 yes.Where everyone was weaker than in Part 2.
Besides Lee as in 5 Gates and had his weights off.
Gaaras sand is alot faster than that now.

Got proof minato is faster?Unless you got proof it means crap.
Sasuke still got stuck in.Only the part where the Chidori hit was damaged by a hole in arm size.
Besides Chidori is a piercing Move Rasengan isnt.

Even if Rasengan blow the sand away it only does a little on the front.The rest of his body is still targetable.

zebrakiller
11-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Anticipated the attack from Raikage?
Even Sasuk with MS had problems with that how does a normal eye like Gaara wanna do that?

Part1 yes.Where everyone was weaker than in Part 2.
Besides Lee as in 5 Gates and had his weights off.
Gaaras sand is alot faster than that now.

Got proof minato is faster?Unless you got proof it means crap.
Sasuke still got stuck in.Only the part where the Chidori hit was damaged by a hole in arm size.
Besides Chidori is a piercing Move Rasengan isnt.

Even if Rasengan blow the sand away it only does a little on the front.The rest of his body is still targetable.
u got proof minato isnt faster? last i checked lees nickname wasnt yellow flash. the chidori sliced thru is my point. u have no proof the sand magically increased in speed. gaara not having MS has nothing to do with anticipation...anticipating means he thought "oh this guy is flipping fast, maybe i better intervene before he zips in n takes sasukes head off" which is what raikage was fixing to do at the time.

rasengan penetrates just as well as chidori on several occasions, i think it would be even more effective on sand as like u said it would blow it away clearing away as it moves forward.

u say minato cant tag gaara, but how in the hell would gaara get minato? riddle me that.

Vivi
11-24-2009, 10:17 PM
u got proof minato isnt faster? last i checked lees nickname wasnt yellow flash. the chidori sliced thru is my point. u have no proof the sand magically increased in speed. gaara not having MS has nothing to do with anticipation...anticipating means he thought "oh this guy is flipping fast, maybe i better intervene before he zips in n takes sasukes head off" which is what raikage was fixing to do at the time.

rasengan penetrates just as well as chidori on several occasions, i think it would be even more effective on sand as like u said it would blow it away clearing away as it moves forward.

u say minato cant tag gaara, but how in the hell would gaara get minato? riddle me that.

Yes.Because we got no speedfeats of Minato whatsoever.Assuming hes faster cant be used even if it was said until he shows it,it cant be used.
Yellow Flash is only a title like Kakashi and his thousand Jutsu's.
Title means nothing unless you can back it up.
Yellow Flash also comes from FTG which is useless here.

No way he could have anticipated it.
Thats pretty much like guessing and no way that happened.

Rasengan only blows away a bit.It only gets stronger by impact.
Even if Minato uses it his other body parts can be attack from nearly all sides which is what Gaara pretty much does.

Minato got no speedfeats without them he's fodder.
The sand can thereby easily get him.

No Speedfeats=No Speed.

EDIT: No base speedfeats.

temari48
11-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Minato will win

Fan of Minato
11-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Yes.Because we got no speedfeats of Minato whatsoever.Assuming hes faster cant be used even if it was said until he shows it,it cant be used.
Yellow Flash is only a title like Kakashi and his thousand Jutsu's.
Title means nothing unless you can back it up.
Yellow Flash also comes from FTG which is useless here.

No way he could have anticipated it.
Thats pretty much like guessing and no way that happened.

Rasengan only blows away a bit.It only gets stronger by impact.
Even if Minato uses it his other body parts can be attack from nearly all sides which is what Gaara pretty much does.

Minato got no speedfeats without them he's fodder.
The sand can thereby easily get him.

No Speedfeats=No Speed.

EDIT: No base speedfeats.

Tell me this.
Because Minato has no base feats "shown" does that mean that he would lose to Anko?
Obito?
And to any low tier character and pretty much everyone in Naruto? Because thats what it seems right now. xD

If I remember right, Minato stopped a Chidori clash with a Ninja without using FTG. (The first time Kakashi used a Chidori). Chidori is known to be an assassination tech in spite of its screeching sound. The only reason being its extraordinary speed.

You say that Gaara's sand will be all around Minato. How exactly will that happen? Will it teleport out of thin air? xDDD
Last time I checked the sand had to be directed by Gaara. It won't surround Minato in less than a second.

And Sand Tsunami takes prep if I am right, Gaara has to gather sand from the ground.

And in Suna. There was sand all over the place. (Hence the name "Sunagakure" xDDD) That was why he was able to overwhelm Deidara. And that too if Gaara's sand is as fast as you say it is, shouldn't it be able to capture Deidara easily? So is Deidara high supersonic now, since he dodged Gaara's sand for a lot of time? xD

I don't see why Minato wouldn't be able to summon Bunta as even Deidara got enough prep for C3 Ohaku.

And do remember that once Bunta comes Gaara has 0 chance of winning. Toad water attack will make Gaara's sand into mud and super slow.

Vivi
11-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Tell me this.
Because Minato has no base feats "shown" does that mean that he would lose to Anko?
Obito?
And to any low tier character and pretty much everyone in Naruto? Because thats what it seems right now. xD
Anko hasnt shown the speed to get to him if Minato summons.
Her best Speed feat was Getting behind Naruto fast.
FTG will easily do the Job against Anko cause we know what FTG does.
Im talking about Base Speed Feats.

If I remember right, Minato stopped a Chidori clash with a Ninja without using FTG. (The first time Kakashi used a Chidori). Chidori is known to be an assassination tech in spite of its screeching sound. The only reason being its extraordinary speed.
First time Kakashi used Chidori was in the woods where they were attacked by Mahiru one of the weakest Ninja's shown yet.Same as Taiseki and the other Guy.Not a Impressive Speed Feat.When he got behind Mahiru,Mahiru always kept his focus on Kakashi,Rin and Obito as well.
Even if that is a Speedfeat its a lame one.

You say that Gaara's sand will be all around Minato. How exactly will that happen? Will it teleport out of thin air? xDDD
Last time I checked the sand had to be directed by Gaara. It won't surround Minato in less than a second.
Yes it will.The fact that it was able to get to Raikage in time makes it at least Subsonic.Possibly Supersonic.
Subsonic= <340m/s
Supersonic= >340m/s
So yes it can.

And Sand Tsunami takes prep if I am right, Gaara has to gather sand from the ground.
Who said he'll use Sand Tsunami?
When he fought Lee he just ordered (Dunno the right term) the sand to go to Lee.No Technique involved.

And in Suna. There was sand all over the place. (Hence the name "Sunagakure" xDDD) That was why he was able to overwhelm Deidara. And that too if Gaara's sand is as fast as you say it is, shouldn't it be able to capture Deidara easily? So is Deidara high supersonic now, since he dodged Gaara's sand for a lot of time? xD
Suna yes.Didnt matter on the Meadow.He turned the whole Kimi battlefield into one big Mess.
Gaara's sand speed has improved obviously.

I don't see why Minato wouldn't be able to summon Bunta as even Deidara got enough prep for C3 Ohaku.
Deidara was high in the Air.No way Minato can get that high.With the sand's speed improvement he should be able to get him.

And do remember that once Bunta comes Gaara has 0 chance of winning. Toad water attack will make Gaara's sand into mud and super
slow.
That yes.

Yellow.

Kuromaki
11-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Wasn't Kakashi carrying the Kunai with the seal on it? Then Minato could've just teleported to that seal.

zebrakiller
11-25-2009, 09:51 AM
there is nothing stopping minato from summoning gama and he can likely tag gaara easily enough without getting touched, he has the speed. he could tag the sand n when gaara reels it in there u go.

Fan of Minato
11-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Yellow.

You like yellow? xD

Anyhow.
Its not a lame speedfeat. Chidori is a high ranked tech which when used the user rushes at the opponent at top speeds.
Minato was not only able to deflect kunai that were aimed at a rushing Kakashi (which proves his reaction) he was able to step in and stop Mahiru and Kakashi from colliding before Chidori hit or before Mahiru's swords hit. (Doesn't anyone remember that? xD).

I don't think he used FTG then. As the Kunai that Minato gave was used later and it was stored in a backpack. If Minato teleported then he would have appeared behind Kakashi. He appeared in front of Mahiro and a Kakashi with a Chidori, and placed a seal on Mahiru's foot. Now is that a lame speedfeat?

Again, Raikage's was a finisher kick it was not at his actual speed. And Gaara had prep time. He was not there when the battle started. And Sasuke was intent on finding Danzo? So thats why he wasn't interested in fighting Raikage and Gaara.
Susanoo's drains life force. It costs chakra but not that much. And I don't think Gaara's sand actually attacked Sasuke.

No offense but Gaara is overrated...(its funny how anyone with a tragic past is overrated....xDD)

Minato doesn't need to fly to summon in air. He can throw 3 Kunai in air in different directions. And teleport to one and summon Bunta.

Lady Tsunade
11-25-2009, 12:15 PM
I think Minato kinda stomps,for all the above reasons.