PDA

View Full Version : Azula vs Shikamaru

Miles Edgeworth
11-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Who would win? Azula from Avatar the Last Airbender or Shikamaru?

sasu_girl
11-06-2009, 09:04 PM
shikamaru. if azula doesn't have her fire bending, then she's useless. plus, even katara beat her after zuko was nocked out

MannyGAGA
11-06-2009, 09:06 PM
ninja will win he learns quickly and she is allways mad so he will win

kurribu99
11-06-2009, 09:06 PM
i have to say shikamaru!!!

zebrakiller
11-06-2009, 09:21 PM
speed and tai wise azula owns this match. how could shikamaru defend against lightning...his only ace is shadow possesion/strangle, which would be hard for him to complete with blue flames get launched at him nonstop

Miles Edgeworth
11-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Bump, I only got one good post so far.

The Demon Zabuza
11-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Azula wins.

She is better at Taijutsu than shika, and so beats him if it comes close. I think that she could avoid the shadow for long enough to get in enough good hits for shika to be taken out. All she needs is one hit, she took out Aang in the avatar state. Even if she gets caught, she has enough willpower to restrain shadow strangle.

On the other hand, Shika could just shadow sew her, but I think she could dodge that.

deidara330
11-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Bump, I only got one good post so far.
I think I know which post you're talking about.
Azula wins.

She is better at Taijutsu than shika, and so beats him if it comes close. I think that she could avoid the shadow for long enough to get in enough good hits for shika to be taken out. All she needs is one hit, she took out Aang in the avatar state. Even if she gets caught, she has enough willpower to restrain shadow strangle.

On the other hand, Shika could just shadow sew her, but I think she could dodge that.
speed and tai wise azula owns this match. how could shikamaru defend against lightning...his only ace is shadow possesion/strangle, which would be hard for him to complete with blue flames get launched at him nonstop
I agree with these posts. Azula is fast enough to dodge any varient of the Shadow Possesion Shikamaru can use, and she stomps in taijutsu combat. Shikamaru is close to mid range, while Azula can fight effectively at all ranges. Azula burns Shikamaru to a crisp with firebending, and better yet Shikamaru loses in one hit with Lightning attacks. Azula massively stomps.

RiNNeGaNs TRuE HeiR
11-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Shikamaru's 200+ IQ overcomes the obstacles that Azula will throw at him. Besides how would Azula even know what the true purpose of his Shadow's? Aside his IQ and tactical abilities he has ninja wits. I don't think Azula would be able to out smart Shikamaru, I mean look back at the W's Shikamaru has gotten. He wins them with his intelligence, at the end Shikamaru will come out with the W with a minimum of a could of scrapes here and there.

deidara330
11-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Shikamaru's 200+ IQ overcomes the obstacles that Azula will throw at him. Besides how would Azula even know what the true purpose of his Shadow's? Aside his IQ and tactical abilities he has ninja wits. I don't think Azula would be able to out smart Shikamaru, I mean look back at the W's Shikamaru has gotten. He wins them with his intelligence, at the end Shikamaru will come out with the W with a minimum of a could of scrapes here and there.
So he's simply so smart Azula's brains will melt and he wins? Yeah. You see, it doesn't matter how smart you are, if you have no physical prowess or techniques to back up that intelligence it's completely useless. Azula herself is pretty intelligent, and it doesn't even require a strategist to realize that moving shadow = bad news. IQ, tactical abilities, and ninja wits all fall under intelligence. She doesn't need to outsmart him, he can't dodge Azula's fire, tank it, or stop her from initiating the attack. Your entire debate is based around his intelligence, and hardly even involves how he could actually beat her.

No offense to anyone at all, but I'm just a bit tired of hearing OMGZ Shika has uber smartz so he winz! In many debates involving Shikamaru, entire debate counters were based around intelligence alone. Shikamaru cannot beat Goku with three jutsu and some kunai, even if he were the smartest man in the universe.

Manwe Sulimo
11-07-2009, 09:20 AM
shikamaru. if azula doesn't have her fire bending, then she's useless. plus, even katara beat her after zuko was nocked out

Katara only beat Azula because Azula was nutty at the time due to paranoia from betrayal. If Azula had all her wits about her Katara would have lost.

Azula takes this, comet power or no. Shikamaru has nothing to defend against her fire and lightning attacks, and when Azula sees a long, moving shadow coming from Shikamaru, she'll know to avoid it (and easily, with fire jets).

RiNNeGaNs TRuE HeiR
11-07-2009, 09:23 AM
So he's simply so smart Azula's brains will melt and he wins? Yeah. You see, it doesn't matter how smart you are, if you have no physical prowess or techniques to back up that intelligence it's completely useless. Azula herself is pretty intelligent, and it doesn't even require a strategist to realize that moving shadow = bad news. IQ, tactical abilities, and ninja wits all fall under intelligence. She doesn't need to outsmart him, he can't dodge Azula's fire, tank it, or stop her from initiating the attack. Your entire debate is based around his intelligence, and hardly even involves how he could actually beat her.

No offense to anyone at all, but I'm just a bit tired of hearing OMGZ Shika has uber smartz so he winz! In many debates involving Shikamaru, entire debate counters were based around intelligence alone. Shikamaru cannot beat Goku with three jutsu and some kunai, even if he were the smartest man in the universe.
And what of all the wins hes gotten with just his SMARTZ.... Look into my reasoning a little harder...

deidara330
11-07-2009, 09:26 AM
And what of all the wins hes gotten with just his SMARTZ.... Look into my reasoning a little harder...
What wins are you talking about?

Miles Edgeworth
11-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Most of Shikamaru's "wins" were either due to plot or victories against really weak fighters.

Manwe Sulimo
11-07-2009, 09:50 AM

It doesn't matter how smart he is if there just isn't a way for him to beat Azula. If you can propose a reasonable way for Shikamaru to win, I'll concede that he figure that out and can beat Azula. Otherwise, there's no reason to believe he can win.

Now, I'm waiting.

RiNNeGaNs TRuE HeiR
11-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Most of Shikamaru's "wins" were either due to plot or victories against really weak fighters.
During his battle with Tayuya, He lasted a lot longer then I would have hoped, (Until Temari came) he almost had Tayuya a couple of times with is Strangle Jutsu. Hes not as hopeless as he would seem.

The Demon Zabuza
11-07-2009, 09:57 AM
During his battle with Tayuya, He lasted a lot longer then I would have hoped, (Until Temari came) he almost had Tayuya a couple of times with is Strangle Jutsu. Hes not as hopeless as he would seem.

He lost to Tayuya.

RiNNeGaNs TRuE HeiR
11-07-2009, 09:59 AM
He lost to Tayuya.
He would have if Temari wouldn't have come. Anyways, that's not the point. The point is that how long he lasted against and opponent that was physically out of his league.

Manwe Sulimo
11-07-2009, 03:17 PM
...he still lost.

Yellow Flash
11-07-2009, 03:19 PM
...he still lost.
THAT'S NOT THE POINT!!! Lord...

Miles Edgeworth
11-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Isn't Azula like a lot better than Tayuya though? =/

Avenger
11-07-2009, 05:40 PM
I would side with Azula.

At a longer range, Shikamaru would have a hard time catching her with shadows, and Azula can easily spam Lightning blasts at him. I don't think he can dodge those with ease, or multiple blasts. Eventually, one of her blasts will get to him, and they seem kinda deadly. Azula seems quick enough to dodge the shadows, and can probably destroy him while he prepares an ingenius plan like he usually does.

deidara330
11-07-2009, 05:59 PM
He would have if Temari wouldn't have come. Anyways, that's not the point. The point is that how long he lasted against and opponent that was physically out of his league.
Actually, Tayuya was toying with him. She had such a huge mouth she let him know some things that helped him gain an advantage, and additionally her attacks had a pattern. Azula isn't so careless, and she doesn't have such huge weaknesses. Shikamaru can't plan a strategy without knowledge of the enemy's attacks, and by the time he sees Azula's lightning it'll be too late.
Isn't Azula like a lot better than Tayuya though? =/
She would ROFLSTOMP, actually.