PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: User Made Avatars

Maxtone
05-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Just wanted to throw this out there I think there might be some out there who have skills and could make avatars for the forums of course this would be a specific group and the avatars would have to be approved.

Yes Naruto avatars but I see its not possible

shinobi4000
05-08-2009, 10:33 AM
And why is this topic here? Not to be rude. Sry, dude I'm bored. I just came back from CA n my mom told me 2 stay home from school n now im bored.

Sage Mode
05-08-2009, 10:35 AM
If you're talking about non-Naruto avatars, then I won't say it's an impossibility some time down the road.

But we don't have people upload their own Naruto avatars because we have to have every image we use approved by people in far off lands.

deidara330
05-08-2009, 11:14 AM
If you're talking about non-Naruto avatars, then I won't say it's an impossibility some time down the road.

But we don't have people upload their own Naruto avatars because we have to have every image we use approved by people in far off lands.
You mean Viz Media in Japan, Right?

Sage Mode
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Not exactly. But the licensor in Japan.

deidara330
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Not exactly. But the licensor in Japan.
Ah, I see.

lj0615
05-09-2009, 04:53 AM
what about sigs made from a photoshop

sasuke250
05-28-2009, 05:39 PM
yeah!Wait we should have uploading Pictures!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

<Aurega?>
05-30-2009, 02:15 AM
Since Viz doesn't really own the naruto trademark, they can't allow even fanart on their official forums.

Now if you were a fan-site forum, things would be different, but technically, a lot of fan sites are breaking the law by running the way they are. The copyright holders simply don't want to chase after them, since they are usually run be individuals who are usually fans.

The problem with allowing user uploads, is that once you allow it, you need to constantly censor it. You simply can't differentiate from a line of text made in photoshop, a drawing a person made of their own character or something that is copyrighted.

So to be on the safe side, they can't allow ANY user uploads. The alternative is to manually screen all pics that are uploaded which means a lot more work for the mods. And we don't want our nice mods to be burnt out do we?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to attack anyone, just to inform.

-Aurega out