PDA

View Full Version : why do people hate on these so called "fillers"

SuperChoji
10-26-2009, 05:30 AM
so it strays a little bit from the storyline, so what? their still in NARUTO so how could you call them fillers if there NARUTO episodes.. so they dont exactly stick to the Arcs so what? their still entertaining while i wait for the shippuden subs.

right now my tv station is on the ninja dropouts episodes.. and i gotta say, its pretty decent..

and if some of you are the person who thinks "fillers wasted 30 minits of my life that ill never get back" then well, your just a sad child my friend.

Hidden Ninja45
10-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Just because filler don't advance the overall storyline. Some people don't think fillers should count because they aren't in the manga.

Kuroda Taishi
10-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Fillers do not conform to the rules of the story, they make up things that are ridiculous, and most of the plots are stupid.

As for why they are called fillers, because they fill the gap in between actual relevant parts of the story. Anything not in the manga is a filler.

Hebi
10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I likes the fillers.
Menma Arc FTW

Eagles996
10-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I like them but still at the same time I would like the story line to be advanced

Kenshin Mizoguchi
10-26-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't mind fillers....

Some of them are actually great to watch. :)

akatsukirocks
10-26-2009, 07:14 PM
with out fillers naruto would end earlier
i want naruto to stay for a long time

devapath
10-26-2009, 07:15 PM
cause fillers took dbz the manga and made it dbz the tv show and took ten times longer than needed

Reuben
10-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Some fillers are pretty bad though. Because they don't contribute to the plot and are otherwise irrelevant, it's not very exciting to watch them. The dialogue and the events that occur in these fillers are written by some director, not Kishimoto. That's why when I watch fillers I almost feel like I'm cheating on the manga, haha.

The 3-tails filler arc was alright though. It seemed like they were really dragging it out for a while, but the Tobi and Dei appearances made up for it.

OnyxBlossom
10-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Nothing in the manga, but in the anime is considered filler. TBH, I dislike fillers. I simply don't watch them because they're really not that interesting to watch. But that's just me. :D

narutobuff
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
so it strays a little bit from the storyline, so what? their still in NARUTO so how could you call them fillers if there NARUTO episodes.. so they dont exactly stick to the Arcs so what? their still entertaining while i wait for the shippuden subs.

right now my tv station is on the ninja dropouts episodes.. and i gotta say, its pretty decent..

and if some of you are the person who thinks "fillers wasted 30 minits of my life that ill never get back" then well, your just a sad child my friend.
in my opinion some of the fillers was good some of the fillers was boring

NARUTARD93
10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
I just don't like many of them because they attmept to be funny most of the time and aren't and it distracts from the canon story.

2hyper4u AKA Sloth
10-27-2009, 09:37 PM
you see, fluff (filler episodes) is made by the anime producers and networking and not by the original author of the manga (just clearing that up for anyone who didnt know, PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE dont downrep me!!) \(>_<)/

i dont like naruto fluff because i dont like fluff in general (except yaoi fluff (different context))
even the FMA fluff really got to me (and FMA is my favorite anime series)

i think that they should just stick to what the author has made for them and leave it at that >.>

EDIT:
and to add, some series have WAY TOO MUCH of it
In Naruto after Sasuke leaves its all filler until shippuden, thats what 100+ filler episodes!!!
FMA had 4 fillers before episode 25 and everything after it was filler as well...
a few filler episodes are fine, to keep us fan from starving while the manga-ka and the company are working but if its too much, then its too much

SuperChoji
10-28-2009, 06:19 AM
you see, fluff (filler episodes) is made by the anime producers and networking and not by the original author of the manga (just clearing that up for anyone who didnt know, PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE dont downrep me!!) \(>_<)/

i dont like naruto fluff because i dont like fluff in general (except yaoi fluff (different context))
even the FMA fluff really got to me (and FMA is my favorite anime series)

i think that they should just stick to what the author has made for them and leave it at that >.>

EDIT:
and to add, some series have WAY TOO MUCH of it
In Naruto after Sasuke leaves its all filler until shippuden, thats what 100+ filler episodes!!!
FMA had 4 fillers before episode 25 and everything after it was filler as well...
a few filler episodes are fine, to keep us fan from starving while the manga-ka and the company are working but if its too much, then its too much

see, i dont agree with that..

yeah, obviously i knew what a filler was. but that wasnt the topic. my wuestion was why people hate them so much?

personally, even though some of them may seem dull, it also shows more of the charactors personalitys and other things.. like what they do on their free time before a mission, or a huge emotional breakthrough to a charactor.. yeah it may be produced by a different producer other than the origional creator but their still animated and their still there.

so it doesn't follow a specific arc or storyline, big deal.. it shows what they do between arcs, what they would do on less serious missions, that sort of thing..

and becides, im a guy who likes to make music videos of my favorite animes and iv had a lot of good clips because of your "fillers"

i did a really good rock lee tribute with the curry of life episodes when they fight one of the 7 ninja swordmen, raiga..
(yeah, i still classify him as one of the swordsmen because it said in clear quotes, that he was once part of them.. dispite it being a "filler")

and becides.. as of right now iv watched over 400+ episodes of naruto, i might as well go back through the series while i wait for the current manga and shippuden translations to come up..

Eon
10-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Some fillers are preety good, but some others are boring for me. I like naruto but i've got to say some fillers shouldn't be in the storyline.

Shika-fiend
10-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Because most of them are a waste of time!!!

sasu_girl
10-28-2009, 02:49 PM
i just wanna get back to the main story line....

flamey234
10-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Some fillers are pretty bad though. Because they don't contribute to the plot and are otherwise irrelevant, it's not very exciting to watch them. The dialogue and the events that occur in these fillers are written by some director, not Kishimoto. That's why when I watch fillers I almost feel like I'm cheating on the manga, haha.

The 3-tails filler arc was alright though. It seemed like they were really dragging it out for a while, but the Tobi and Dei appearances made up for it.

I agree entirely with this. So far the only fillers I have seen for shippuden have been here and they almost entirely conform with the story line (and I usually hate fillers). The three tailed one gave an explanation why the Akatsuki knew where three tails was. The main fillers I hated were the 100+ ones between the original and Shippuden.

Kuroda Taishi
10-30-2009, 05:58 PM
I agree entirely with this. So far the only fillers I have seen for shippuden have been here and they almost entirely conform with the story line (and I usually hate fillers). The three tailed one gave an explanation why the Akatsuki knew where three tails was. The main fillers I hated were the 100+ ones between the original and Shippuden.

Yes, the main problem with the those 100+ fillers agter the sasuke arc was that they didn't connect with each other. They were mostly independent stories and had nothing to do with each other. The 3 tails arc is more liked due to the fact that people actually wanted to see the next episode because it had to do with the one they just watched. I think the longest streak of episodes in the early fillers was 6 that were related to each other (I belive that is the Star Village Arc).

If the anime creators in japan had done 3-4 arcs with 20-25 episodes each it would have been a lot more entertaining and well recieved. I think they learned from thier mistakes as evidence by the Sora and 3 tails arc in shippuden.

Reala
10-30-2009, 08:00 PM
i like some of them but some were a bit ridiculous

nightfire
11-12-2009, 07:52 PM
i dont mind fillers most of the time but when they only have fillers for like 3 seasons straight its kinda taking it to far. I just dont like the stupid just trying to be funny fillers or if they condridict something that is in the main story

Fliparrachii
11-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Fillers are actually cool.

Grapefruit Wannabe
11-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I've never watched the Anime D=

Bacon
11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
the fillers are like movies i guess...they have no real affect on the plot,but they are fun to watch for a little while

Narutorious
11-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I like the fillers in Naruto because it shows Naruto teaming up with variety of ppl & fighting variety of ppl unlike in the manga now, it's all about Akatsuki since part 2 started.

Silver Fang
11-21-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't care much for fillers., mainly because there are fights in the manga that i'd rather see animated that some story arc that is, chances are boring, silly, or have no real importance. Also, my favorite character is Kakashi, and he's rarely included in filler arcs/episodes.

albertobankai
11-21-2009, 05:44 PM
not the real part of the story

Black King
11-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Sometimes they can be a little repetitive and annoying, but there not really that bad.

I think people don't like them because they aren't put together as well as the non-filler episodes and they don't have anything to do with the story.

Vatanui AKA Pride
11-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Sometimes they can be a little repetitive and annoying, but there not really that bad.

I think people don't like them because they aren't put together as well as the non-filler episodes and they don't have anything to do with the story.

What she said. ^

11-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I dont have an idea why..

Cade
11-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Fillers that have nothing at all to do with the Naruto story are annoying. Some fillers are pretty good though.

C4 Karura
12-11-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't care if they're a part of the original manga or not, what really bugs me is that in all the fillers so far:

The filler characters are annoying.
The animination reaches a new low.
The storyline often feels cliched.

Willnaruto101
12-14-2009, 03:49 PM
i am not a HUGE fans of fillers but i understand sometimes they are needed and can be good. i part 1 naruto fillers were either decent or bad. except for the filler race in the land of tea, i LOVE that filler

shikimaru nara
12-14-2009, 03:52 PM
i dunno

Art is an EXPLOSION
12-14-2009, 03:55 PM
i liked 3 tails filler but i mean some fillers are just TERRIBLE thats why ppl hate em

SuperChoji
12-15-2009, 02:24 PM
i am not a HUGE fans of fillers but i understand sometimes they are needed and can be good. i part 1 naruto fillers were either decent or bad. except for the filler race in the land of tea, i LOVE that filler

exactly.. and when you think about it.. that "filler" put a little backbone into the first naruto-sasuke fight ontop of the hospital.

Nekomataoftheforest
12-15-2009, 02:34 PM
My favorite filler was the one where they were trying to see Kakashi's face.
It was adorable!!

SuperChoji
12-15-2009, 03:16 PM
My favorite filler was the one where they were trying to see Kakashi's face.
It was adorable!!

that was the ONLY episode that sasuke acted a little like naruto

♥Mira Blossom♥
12-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I like all fillers. Sometimes its good to have a little something to ease the story, to say.

Zazuro
12-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Fillers are ok....but sometimes these fillers can bore you out really fast and get too longggg like the lastest Sanbi arc.

Kursed Kreature
12-15-2009, 07:41 PM
The Mizuki Breaks out Filler was pretty good, nothing but seeing good old Mizuki again eh, not only that, the Famous Idiot Brothers Fujin and Raijin made me laugh, they are so dumb xD, but man are they strong...O_o

SuperChoji
12-17-2009, 01:27 PM
The Mizuki Breaks out Filler was pretty good, nothing but seeing good old Mizuki again eh, not only that, the Famous Idiot Brothers Fujin and Raijin made me laugh, they are so dumb xD, but man are they strong...O_o

the sad part is raijin was the smart one

Bacon
12-17-2009, 01:29 PM
umm...people hate fillers becuase we want the real story from kishi moto or the writer of what ever youre watching. Unless the filler is made by the author, it most liklly will not match up to the plot by a long shot

mrsticky005
12-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Fillers are made with minimum quality of work.
They aren't meant to be amazing.

nightfire
12-19-2009, 12:13 PM
they normally arent as good, they just dont have the time and energy put into them that the main story does. i like fillers they just are epic like the rest of the series

Shikamaru Nara
12-19-2009, 12:15 PM
The yare basically episodes that have stupid stories, the original storyline is much better and that is all there is to it.

mrsticky005
12-20-2009, 12:47 AM
What I hate is when a filler could be awesome but fails.

Example: 3 Tails arc. That could've totally beasted.

The best are semi-fillers which are implied in canon material:

Example Orochimaru in 114 seeing Itachi as a kid.

NarutoRulez
12-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Well, fillers are practically a waste of time. Not all of them though... Those one-episode fillers made me laugh, and Sumaru and the Star (Natsuhiboshi) was pretty good.

But all in all, filler usually consist of several episodes in which usually kids cry (3-tails) and almost fall over dead, or a stupid emo kid runs and runs and runs (the race).

Point is, they usually have the same type of scenes over and over again, and when you reach a point in which you just want to turn the whole thing off, they just complete it with an unspectacular and totally predictable finish.

Fillers are mostly just a waste of time.

ShippudenGirl
12-20-2009, 02:17 PM
It is not connected to the main story line- (The Manga) Masashi Kishimoto, so it is pretty much pointless but can be entertaining, like the movie too.

Inazuma
12-20-2009, 06:44 PM
I like some of them, but some are really weird, or not interesting. But I think there are a few good ones.

SuperChoji
12-20-2009, 08:01 PM
nevertheless.. fillers can make for decent footage for making an AMV

Shinobi_Kitten
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
me like fillerz too! me agree with hebI!

NarutoUzumaki12
12-30-2009, 01:16 PM
because they suck. They are boring. and drags the story out which makes the anime boring until it gets back to the Manga's story

9tail
12-31-2009, 09:46 AM
fillers are a waste of money and time the storyline is then broken and we all have to have a refresher to what happend in the 4 back episode and it just gets confusing but i have to admit some fillers are pretty funny like the one in the origonal were that weird monster thing gets on narutos head hehehe

KesshiStorm2
11-07-2010, 11:44 AM
They're called Fillers because they're episodes created by the producer of the Anime and not intended to be there by Masashi Kishimoto because there isn't anything concerning the fillers in the Manga. Most people hate fillers because all they do is add more distance between the Manga and Anime. Like right now, I want the Anime to go to the Meeting of the Kages arc but instead it's showing pointless fillers of Naruto pre-timeskip. We already got about 60 of those after Naruto vs Sasuke so why would we want more while we're in Shippuden.

Throw Rasen-Shuriken
11-11-2010, 06:19 AM
People don't like watching them, possibly, only because it's just holding them off, of what they want to see, they want the story, not something that is just wasting time, until what they want to see comes on. I personally don't mind fillers, sometimes it gives you, additional background information on the Characters, also, introducing new ones and also, seeing the different sides, to the personalities of the existing Characters.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
11-11-2010, 06:27 AM
I usually don't dislike them, I often find them entertaining. However, this coming filler I hate with a passion because it centers around Sora (I really hate him), and it's going to take forever to get over with. And it's right before the Kakuzu and Hidan arc (I think?). -______-

shtap xis fo egas
11-11-2010, 06:37 AM
fillers made me stop watching the show-- now i just read the manga..

manga=faster plot advancement> shows= fillers between arcs and slow plot advancement.

Anru
11-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Because most people whant Naruto Episodes go on with the orginal storyline xd

Uber_Brows
11-18-2010, 06:12 PM
i think fillers are kinda fun :D like the one where shino took the laughing poison and couldnt stop laughing :D

Mellorox9
11-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I am perfectly fine with fillers, I dont get why everyone hates them so much. Although I will admit some of the Naruto fillers were quite boring `o.o" But they have some cool ones. Overall I really dont have any problems with the fillers.

Sheelah
12-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Most likely because people just want to get on with the story before they forget what the storyline even is.

Some of these fillers really should have been recycled. However, on the flip side it does give us more stories/backgrounds on characters that many fans like which were missed during the original series .

Blue Lightning
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
i actually like them cuz you get to learn stories on different lands and characters. i like the bounty hunter arc. and the one with that Gennou guy threatening to blow up the leaf village. the episode with the Guy & Lee imposters was hilarious :P

Jutsu Junkie
12-12-2010, 10:10 PM
It's not the fillers themselves I hate -- it's the ridiculous stampede of flashback fillers. I mean, I've already written off this season. It's crap. We're in Shippuden now. How am I supposed to witness Naruto mature into the ultimate badass senjutsuka and then just be happy watching his earlier snot-nosed self puts around with talking ostriches? Fillers should at least be relevant to current material. Epic fail.

SuperChoji
12-19-2010, 09:13 PM
It's not the fillers themselves I hate -- it's the ridiculous stampede of flashback fillers. I mean, I've already written off this season. It's crap. We're in Shippuden now. How am I supposed to witness Naruto mature into the ultimate badass senjutsuka and then just be happy watching his earlier snot-nosed self puts around with talking ostriches? Fillers should at least be relevant to current material. Epic fail.

i didn't like them much at first.. but some are decent.. it gives us an idea of how the other characters lived during narutos young adventure. it basically answers the "what did they do backthen" questions

iMario999
12-22-2010, 01:10 PM
They don't advance the story line... A lot of em are boring! But some are funny too LOL

SixPathsofPainDeva
12-22-2010, 08:07 PM
I just hate seeing them back in their 12-13 year old form (like the current fillers). It's like a power degrade to me and it's annoying to see how weak they used to be

Jutsu Junkie
12-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah. It's like somebody graduated from high school, but instead of going to college, they are told to go back to middle school. It's infuriating.

AfroMan
12-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Idk, some are good some aren't. You can't have your cake and eat it too :D

Sina
12-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Fillers are boring because they may hurt the story or waste our time

Kari Haruno
12-23-2010, 08:56 AM
oh god i hate the excessive flashbacks
some are good but others ughhh
i think some of the filler arcs suck but some of are really cool
but i mean some of them are really weird

Kari Haruno
12-23-2010, 08:58 AM
i dont see any problem with them if theyre inbetween an old arc that ended and a new one thats just about to come out
now if its during an arc
THAT...PISSES...ME...OFF

Angel Demon
12-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Fillers make the anime more interesting but at times can make you loose track of the story.

Nābris
12-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Fillers are pretty fun when they are actually interesting.

However, when they are boring, -HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

kkslider555
01-08-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't mind filler if they are entertaining or in someway have a point. But there were 2 main problems.

1. Half of them were neither.
2. There were EIGHTY(+) FILLER IN A ROW AFTER SEASON 5.

Seriously, just get rid of the 1 episode filler episodes (horrible attempts at humor and trying to recreate the awesome of episode 101) and the Land of Vegetables/Greens and Hoshikage arcs and I wouldn't have hated them.

SuperChoji
01-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I don't mind filler if they are entertaining or in someway have a point. But there were 2 main problems.

1. Half of them were neither.
2. There were EIGHTY(+) FILLER IN A ROW AFTER SEASON 5.

Seriously, just get rid of the 1 episode filler episodes (horrible attempts at humor and trying to recreate the awesome of episode 101) and the Land of Vegetables/Greens and Hoshikage arcs and I wouldn't have hated them.

101. truly the best filler of all time

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
01-09-2011, 05:43 PM
i guess many dont like it cuz its retarded and wastes time...
ep 101 was the best filler~!

i like fillers sometimes,,, they arent that bad...well, some of them...

LiLipOp
01-10-2011, 01:51 PM
i like the fillers as much as the main storyline and i was wondering too why ppl don't like fillers...you can learn so much about the characters and history, and it keeps the anime going on longer `:):cool:

Icer
01-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Anime episodes that are not portrayed in the manga are called filler.

Leanne-chan8
01-10-2011, 11:30 PM
It depends on the filler.
Some are fun and exciting while others in my opinion are kinda boring.

Doom Salato Jorgenson
01-10-2011, 11:52 PM
^
Some are just a waste of my time, some I wouldn't mind watching at all.

ban_shi
01-11-2011, 07:13 AM
ok i know this is a naruto forum but i just started watching bleach bout a month ago and i have to say it has some of the best fillers ever. the zanpaktou fillers are awesome!!!!

RaitonTaka
01-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Most people hate the filler becuase half the time they introduce new characters and enemies that are lame and they do nothing to progress the main storyline. Most people like the manga arcs made into anime better because it has a deeper storyline and more action than quick little fillers that sometimes only take one episode like the flashback fillers in shippuden.

Rasengan SageX5
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
The thing is, the fillers have a point. They are done to make sure that the manga can get a little distance on the anime before they start to animate them. In my opinion, most of the fillers are ok, but some of them drag out for too long. The arc where that old man was trying to blow up the Leaf village could have been ended 3 episodes sooner.The Star Village Arc was ok, but could have had more fighting. I was expecting to see some good fights from Team Guy, but they never even fought.

Gin
01-12-2011, 07:18 PM
People who hate fillers are 95% bandwagoners. The other 5% find the plot and characters uninteresting.

SuperChoji
01-16-2011, 01:18 PM
i didn't like them much at first.. but some are decent.. it gives us an idea of how the other characters lived during narutos young adventure. it basically answers the "what did they do backthen" questions

^ this

SuperChoji
01-16-2011, 01:23 PM
ok i know this is a naruto forum but i just started watching bleach bout a month ago and i have to say it has some of the best fillers ever. the zanpaktou fillers are awesome!!!!

except they dump their fillers in random places mostly during huge main story climaxes. its like a week long intermission to find the conclusion of a pointless battle. thats why i stopped watching the show right when it hit a filler during the ichigo and grimjow fight.

Wooster
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Keep trying that crazy, but I have all night. :3

kanisawa
01-19-2011, 07:20 AM
I love fillers!!! I'm just a true Naruto fan!!

The Master Architect
01-19-2011, 08:24 AM
you know whats worse about fillers? when they happen between the main storyline! (ehem... BLEACH).

rikuonura
01-28-2011, 05:58 PM
I don't mind filler at all, and despite what people have said, they do add more to the story, even if the plots within those fillers are somewhat outrageous.

Renaud
01-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Problem with fillers was that while your watching it, you know that NOTHING important to the plot will happen (at most they will repeat something that has already happen, like the Sword of the Thunder God arc). No matter how much naruto chases after a major vilian, you know he wont catch him, no matter how much he trains, he will most likely never use those technique in a "real" battle. No matter how badly injured an important character is, he wont die etc.

That being said, fillers are not bad once in a while... but when they last 84 episode in a row it gets very annoying (if you get one episode a week that means... 1.6 year where nothing major happened)

katsu uchiha
01-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Some fillers are good, some are bad. 'Nuff said.

shawnvess
04-27-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree with you, dude. There is no reasen to hate fillers, beause its still Naruto`:)

Warsaw504
07-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Depend i dont like fillers where its a full episode trying to be funny i like part funny part serious like the race it was somewhat funny filler also dont bore out the story line for the orginal show watching stupid fillers really make you wanna watch the good more serious part of the story

deidara#1
07-23-2011, 11:11 PM
I would say I hate fillers (arcs) because it's usually a poorly written story, with poorly made and weak filler characters, also added to the fact that nothing important happens because at the end the story everything must go back exactly the way it started. Fillers are usually unimpressive.

If they were to put more effort into them it could be watchable. It would be nice to see filler arcs made for characters who don't normally get screen time in the actual story line.

They can easily make a decent filler for characters who never really got a background story. Kisame, Deidara, Guy, Hidan, Kakuzu, Asuma, ect.

HorizonLightss
07-24-2011, 12:55 AM
i actually really enjoy watching all filler episodes
usually i watch them when i want to take a break from the main storyline
or i watch them while im at work
curry of life ones are my favorite
i literally laughed through almost every episode

Might_GAI
07-24-2011, 04:29 AM
Fillers are a waste of time. The only good ones are the Kakashi and Jiraiya chronicle fillers. Man if only they would make a Minato one.

The normal fillers are lame. The enemies use lame jutsus and always try infiltrate Konoha for various reasons and fail in the end. I watched arpund 10 of em amd they're all a waste of time :shock:

Tsubaki Steve,
07-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Most filler episodes are terrible I skipped about 20 of them from both Naruto adn Shippuden only a couple are worth watching, due to how funny they are

As for things that happen in episodes I like filler
For example most of the Naruto vs Pain fight is filler isn't it? When the Kyuubi takes over I mean
That fight is awesome it just wouldn't be the same without all the filler attacks in it
And Naruto in that state being able to stretch his arms out etc is filler isn't it? Again cool imo
So filler in fights is good but whole filler episodes are terrible

boman265
07-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Problem with fillers was that while your watching it, you know that NOTHING important to the plot will happen (at most they will repeat something that has already happen, like the Sword of the Thunder God arc). No matter how much naruto chases after a major vilian, you know he wont catch him, no matter how much he trains, he will most likely never use those technique in a "real" battle. No matter how badly injured an important character is, he wont die etc.

That being said, fillers are not bad once in a while... but when they last 84 episode in a row it gets very annoying (if you get one episode a week that means... 1.6 year where nothing major happened)

I agree that's what made it hard for me to watch Bleach. Its not that I don't enjoy them every now and then but I know there isn't gonna be any true character development. They often get parts of the plot wrong that hardcore fans aren't gonna miss. But, still I like seeing some of the minor characters a little bit more. I just keep in mind that these developments aren't from the original author and may conflict with future developments in the story.

Most filler episodes are terrible I skipped about 20 of them from both Naruto adn Shippuden only a couple are worth watching, due to how funny they are

As for things that happen in episodes I like filler
For example most of the Naruto vs Pain fight is filler isn't it? When the Kyuubi takes over I mean
That fight is awesome it just wouldn't be the same without all the filler attacks in it
And Naruto in that state being able to stretch his arms out etc is filler isn't it? Again cool imo
So filler in fights is good but whole filler episodes are terrible

Actually a lot of that was in the manga. Especialy him turning into the daemon fox. His old man had to stop it and that was in the manga. Also pains back story was featured in it as well. But you are right in that the anime did a great job filling the spaces in between the panels.

Tsubaki Steve,
07-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Sorry I could have worded that one better
By when the Kyuubi takes over I mean the fight after, the Kyuubi Naruto vs Pain one alot of that is filler like when he lifts all the rocks up and hits them at Pain that's an awesome bit in the anime

Super Sanin 3
08-09-2011, 03:55 PM
People would like fillers alot more if they were made AFTER the series ended, since people usually are anxious for a whole week(or more) waiting to see their favorite chapters in anime form but are disappointed by fillers

UchihaClanRessurected
08-09-2011, 05:01 PM
SOME of the filler (only some now, not a whole bunch) can get really boring very fast. Some arcs of filler are alright. But the comedic episodes are the ones that get on my nerve. A very small percentage of them are slightly entertaining, but it's often a load of crap.

The Kakashi episode was only alright and I mean barely alright, it's very average and that's me being generous. Every other comedic filler episode is uninteresting and makes me wait for the story that I'm trying to watch.

The main reason I mostly read the manga is because of this problem.

RobbieMar1
08-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Fillers are great, because of 2 reasons. 1. They raise your anticipation for the next manga arc. 2. they flow well with the story. I mean, in Shippuden, the creators fit them in perfectly, in between the sagas.

XxSharinganxX
12-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I think they are funny, the best was the rock lee one

SuperChoji
12-19-2011, 05:26 PM
shippuden fillers need to stop now though before its too late. unless they wanna piss off the general fans like they did with the 100+ fillers in a row before shippuden

Jmalenko
12-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Why do people hate....cause they want the good stuff like the fights and whatnot....me,i dont mind cause the series wouldnt be as exciting or short thanks to the fillers....its good to have a good laugh every once in a while instead of always being so serious....course this is my opinion.

UNadvant
12-23-2011, 12:10 AM
I don't have a problem with it as long as it's relatively short and entertaining. Otherwise, I can't be distracted from the fact that it's of no consequence to the story.

Yokoshima Zaiaku
12-24-2011, 08:34 PM
I don't hate filler. However; I do hate how I'll get all into the main story line and then they'll cut away from just when it's getting good and, then take forever to get back. It's like getting to the good part on an episode and then it cuts to commercial and, take forever to get back. And, that's what filler are to me. Fillers are like commercials. I might like some of them, but in the end all I want to do is get back to the episode.

Main story line= Episode
Fillers= Commercial

CoolerThanIce
11-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Most fillers are actually quite boring, but a few are pretty decent and entertaining. I couldn't care less if fillers disappeared though.

InnerSakura
12-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Honestly I used to like filler episodes because they are still technically Naruto episodes even though they arent created by Masashi. I still like a couple of them, like the Utakata episodes, but some just seem to stray from the original storyline. I think that if they wanted to make fillers they could use actual events from the manga to fill the gaps with. There is lots of holes in the storyline, especially during the 2 and a half year timeskip before the shippuden storyline that they could have used to fill the gaps with. It would have been nice if they could have made more episodes about what happened to Sasuke while he was training with Orochimaru or showing us more of what Jiraiya's training with Naruto was like. And theres definately a lot more screentime they could have gave Gaara. Considering his complete 180 personality change and all. We are just left to wonder what happened during that time. But the Gaara's bond episode filled in a little bit of what happened while he was working to be Kazekage though so I liked that filler. And I think lots of people would have liked more background info on the other 7 jinchuriki. Utakata got some, so I was ok with that. But the others were just introduced and then killed immediately. I hope they show us more of their background. Because they are technically the most important characters in the war arc except for a few others.

narutogirl13
12-10-2012, 06:37 PM
While fillers may be used for "easing the tension" of a very important arc, such as Invasion of Pain arc, I've felt others just fell flat, like the Three Tails arc, and the one with Ukataka. Some of them I could never figure out their point, but a majority of them gives viewers a break from all the tension. Some were funny, yes, like the one with the talking ostrich and others like the 50+ fillers before Shippuden totally failed. And as InnerSakura said, there was a wide timeskip between the two series, and the amnimators could have used them to show training of all the genin. Still, i think (some) were good.)

Saiyan
12-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Fillers only make sense if the anime is on the same chapter as the manga.

Otherwise it's bs

It reminds me of the x-files episodes that weren't about aliens

Like 90% of those sucked. Damn did they suck.

BMC1994
12-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Because they often make no sense or even contradict the canon(the manga) they deny us to see the awesomest moments animated because they get delayed.

They often plain retarded like that one with giant animal island. And the ninja ostrich.

Are usually just not though out well overall.

Although i admit i did like the one about kakashi mask.

Based God
12-16-2012, 12:54 AM
They are alright.

As someone who just started watching the Anime from the beginning for the first time, they are can be annoying. I would say the ridiculous number of fillers paired with the amount of flashbacks are the worst parts of the Anime.

However, the fillers that give back stories on some of the characters that aren't given a real big part in the main story are interesting in my opinion.

Abra Hatake
01-03-2013, 06:28 PM
For me, fillers detract from the story, and with the absence of some of the main characters, it gets a little boring..

I also notice a small decrease in quality in the animation, probably because the fillers are their own 'thing', and don't have reference images from the Manga.. I notice these kinda things, and it takes me back to the 'crappy 90's animated TV' zone for a while.. not a fan! :S

There are some episodes that I appreciate though, like the Ninja Dropouts arc (I'm still to get stuck in to Shippuden!) - I'm sure the balance will work out over time.

:)

Sir Michael
01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Fillers don't draw toward the story.