PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Possible upgrade to vBulletin?

TannerB
05-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Yes, I was wondering, since this forum runs PHPBB, which is honestly, an inferior forum software to vBulletin, I was wondering if the forum could upgrade to vBulletin in the near future. A license for it costs about $180 (or a leased license for $100 a year) Which if so, I'd be willing to pay for. But of course I think a big company like Viz could probably get some money out of their budget, if possible.

Anyway, just a thought.

evil buzzard
05-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Yes, I was wondering, since this forum runs PHPBB, which is honestly, an inferior forum software to vBulletin, I was wondering if the forum could upgrade to vBulletin in the near future. A license for it costs about $180 (or a leased license for $100 a year) Which if so, I'd be willing to pay for. But of course I think a big company like Viz could probably get some money out of their budget, if possible.

Anyway, just a thought.
I have to say that viz is trying to spend least amount of monay on this sight.

Yajyuu Mikazuki
05-05-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm fine and used to how this forum is set up and would be confused to have vBulletin

Toma RNK
05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm fine and used to how this forum is set up and would be confused to have vBulletin
If they upgraded, all posts and ranks and stuf would transfer. It would just have more options, and my look a bit different.

This has been tossed around with the higher ups. We will have to wait and see how things go.