PDA

View Full Version : NARUTARD's Fanfic

NARUTARD93
10-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Yep, so here's my try at a fanfic, I'll try and update it once a week.

Chapter 1:
Waves crashed along the sandy shore of a nameless island. The island was a small one, and appeared to be at one time inhabited by people. Now, the only people that inhabited the island were the dead. In the center of the island stood a large temple admist the ruins of the village it once served. The temple was orginally bulit to honor all of the gods now long forgotten. Large stone statues of each god and goddess lined the walls of the temple. Some statues had crumbled while the features on others had worn away. Near the center of the line stood the statues of two goddess. There would've been nothing unusal to note about them, other than they stood intact, unchangd by the hands of time. It was if they had been newly craved from stone that very morning. A single red rose lay at the feet of each statue. Bewteen them stood a young woman who appeared to be in her early twenties. She stood there for several moments in silent contemplation. The woman with her dark skin and hair stood in contrast with the pale marble statues. At her feet layed a large white tiger, easily the size of a war horse. The woman let out a sigh and turned on her heel to leave the Hall of the Gods, the tiger rose to follow her.
She stopped on the steps, "You can come out now, there's no need to hide. I've been aware of your presence for quiet some time now," she said in a low voice and continued walking. She continued on towards the beach when she stopped yet again.
"Are you Selene Sekmet?" called out the voice of a young child.
"And if I am?" Selene answered keeping her back to the figure behind her.
"Please, you have to help us! My village, it's being attacked by shinobi!"
" I no longer meddle in the affairs of shinobi," with that Selene continued on walking and boarded a small boat with the tiger at her heels.

NARUTARD93
10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Chapter 2:
The small girl watched as Selene sailed off. She stood there with tears streaming down her face till the small boat could no longer be seen on the horizon. The girl walked further down the shore where another boat was anchored. In it sat a young boy in his teens.
"How'd it go, where is she?" The boy called out as the girl drew near.
"She left, she won't do it! What are we supposed to do now, brother?" the girl sobbed out.
"We'll just have to do the best that we can without her. That's what Mother and Father would've wanted." The jumped over the side of the boat and scooped up his crying sister. He gave her a tight hug and then placed her on the boat before boarding himself.

The sibilings arrived in their village to find it engulfed in flames. Women and children were screaming as they ran through the streets trying to escape the horror before them. Men clothed in black were in the streets as well, cold-heartedly killing those trying to escape the inferno. One of the strange men spotted them and began making his way there. The sibilings stood in shock as they watched the scene unfold before them. Neither one of them were able to move as the advancing shinobi drew his sword. He raised it and brought it down upon the children with all his might.
The children stood in awe as they stood there unharmed by the sword blow that should've killed them.
"Get out of here while you still have the chance," a woman's voice ordered. Before the children stood Selene parring the shonobi sword with her own katana, the large white tiger faithfully beside her.
"I thought you didn't-" the girl began.
"I said leave this place." Selene again ordered as she kicked the shinobi's kneecap out. She gave a quick glance behind her shoulder to see the brother draggin his reluctant sister behind him. "Tandar, go with them, see to it that they are unharmed." The tiger took off after the children as Slene began her assualt on the attacking shinobi.

KaiokenX5 Karo
10-19-2009, 05:45 PM
this is pretty cool

NARUTARD93
10-19-2009, 05:46 PM
this is pretty cool
Thanks! XD

Seargent Cornbread
10-19-2009, 06:50 PM
I like. d:

SakuraGirl
10-19-2009, 08:57 PM
i like it

NARUTARD93
10-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Chapter 3:
Selene quickly dispatched of the enemy in front her as she glanced a shadow darting towards the retreating figures of the children and Tandar. Using incredible speed, she was able to deliver a swift quick to the head of the shinobi. He fell back as his head snapped and hit the ground. Other shinobi noticed the fall of the their comrade and moved in to dispatch of Selene. Noticing that the children were still in sight, Selene mowed down the advancing enemy with her katana and moved deeper into the village. The shinobi gave chase and the children were forgotten for the moment.

Tandar follwed the girl and her brother along the shoreline to a cave hidden among the foothills of the overshadowing mountain. The boy made a fire within, and they waited for Selene to find them with Tandar keeping watch at the mouth of the cave. They waited about an hour before Selene entered into the cave.
"I did what I could, but I'm sorry, you're village is gone. I couldn't find any survivors." She told the awaiting children.
"Thank you," the boy replied.
"What are your names?" Selene asked as she sat down among the rocks. Tandar padded over and layed his huge head down upon her lap.
"I'm Luke, and this is Isabelle." The boy said laying a hand upon his sister's head.
"Luke, Isabelle, where did you get the information to find me?" Selene said eyeing the two down.
"A man in the village told us to go to the island and look for you," Isabelle said ignoring her brother's protests to remain quiet.
"What kind of man?"
"He was very pretty, and he really black hair, and the prettiest green eyes I've seen," Isabelle said drawing a picture in the sand with a stick.
"What was his name?" Selene asked as she knelt down in front of Isabelle shaking her gently about the shoulders.
"Uhhhhhhhh....Drake, I think is what he said," Isabelle said frowing her tiny brow concentrating.
"Drake..."
"Is there something wrong?" Luke asked.
"Where? Where did you last see him?!" Selene asked as she gave Isabelle a more figorourus shake.
"Heading out of the village towards the mountains to the north about a month ago. We were told if we ever needed help, that you'd be the one to go to," Luke answered for his sister.
"I'm sorry, I wish I could do more for you. But I can't, I have to go after Drake. Here's some money, it should buy you some lodgings in the next town over if they haven't met the smae fate as yours." Selene said as she drew forth a small coin purse and placed it in Luke's hands.
"But don't you need-"
"I'm fine, I can take care of myself. Don't travel at night and avoid the East and you should be safe." With that Selene picked herself up and exited the cave with Tandar close behind.

KaiokenX5 Karo
10-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Chapter 3:

Selene quickly dispatched of the enemy in front her as she glanced a shadow darting towards the retreating figures of the children and Tandar. Using incredible speed, she was able to deliver a swift quick to the head of the shinobi. He fell back as his head snapped and hit the ground. Other shinobi noticed the fall of the their comrade and moved in to dispatch of Selene. Noticing that the children were still in sight, Selene mowed down the advancing enemy with her katana and moved deeper into the village. The shinobi gave chase and the children were forgotten for the moment.

Tandar follwed the girl and her brother along the shoreline to a cave hidden among the foothills of the overshadowing mountain. The boy made a fire within, and they waited for Selene to find them with Tandar keeping watch at the mouth of the cave. They waited about an hour before Selene entered into the cave.
"I did what I could, but I'm sorry, you're village is gone. I couldn't find any survivors." She told the awaiting children.
"What are your names?" Selene asked as she sat down among the rocks. Tandar padded over and layed his huge head down upon her lap.
"I'm Luke, and this is Isabelle." The boy said laying a hand upon his sister's head.
"Luke, Isabelle, where did you get the information to find me?" Selene said eyeing the two down.
"A man in the village told us to go to the island and look for you," Isabelle said ignoring her brother's protests to remain quiet.
"What kind of man?"
"He was very pretty, and he really black hair, and the prettiest green eyes I've seen," Isabelle said drawing a picture in the sand with a stick.
"What was his name?" Selene asked as she knelt down in front of Isabelle shaking her gently about the shoulders.
"Uhhhhhhhh....Drake, I think is what he said," Isabelle said frowing her tiny brow concentrating.
"Drake..."
"Where? Where did you last see him?!" Selene asked as she gave Isabelle a more figorourus shake.
"Heading out of the village towards the mountains to the north about a month ago. We were told if we ever needed help, that you'd be the one to go to," Luke answered for his sister.
"I'm sorry, I wish I could do more for you. But I can't, I have to go after Drake. Here's some money, it should buy you some lodgings in the next town over if they haven't met the smae fate as yours." Selene said as she drew forth a small coin purse and placed it in Luke's hands.
"But don't you need-"

"I'm fine, I can take care of myself. Don't travel at night and avoid the East and you should be safe." With that Selene picked herself up and exited the cave with Tandar close behind.

nice............

Seargent Cornbread
10-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Chapter 3:

"What kind of man?"
"Drake..."
"But don't you need-"

I have made myself your editor. xD
Things in bold,italics,and underline.

NARUTARD93
10-23-2009, 06:57 PM
I have made myself your editor. xD
Things in bold,italics,and underline.
Shut it you. XD

Seargent Cornbread
10-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Shut it you. XD
):< I'm just trying to help.

NARUTARD93
10-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Chapter 4:
"Luke, are Momma and Papa alright?" Isabelle asked in a meek voice after Selene had left.
"Of course they are," Luke said examining the coin purse Selene had left behind.
"But she said there weren't any survivors," Isabelle mumured.
"That's because Momma and Papa already left the village with the others," Luke replied trying to mask his own dobut. "We'll find them, I promise."

Selene and Tandar walked through the ruined village, pausing every so often for Tandar to sniff the ground in search of Drake's scent.
"I could've stopped this," Selene whispered as she stared at the burnt and mangled corpses of the villagers. Tandar picked up his head and continued walking. He no longer stopped to sniff every few steps. Selene took this as a sign that it'd be impossible to find Drake's scent now. The two quickened their pace and soon found themselves standing outside of the village. Selene stopped and scanned the the horizon looking for the mountains that Isabelle had told her of. She sighted them and continued on walking towards them.

After about a week of walking Selene finally happened upon a small village located at the base of the mountains. She decided that she'd first start by checking all of the inns within the small village for anyone that's seen Drake. She thought it highly unlikely that Drake would still be in the village. The last she had heard of him he was heading towards Gekosha located on the other side of the mountains.
Selene stopped at the first inn she saw and walked in. Inside she discorved that it wasn't just an inn, but a tavern as well. A bald, muscular man was tending the bar along the back wall. Selene walked towards him ignoring the whistles and snickers coming from the men seated among the tables. The men soon quited down at the sight of the large tiger following behind her.
"Excuse me, I'm looking for someone, have you seen him?" Selene asked as she drew forth and old and tattered photo of a handsome young man.
"Hmmm, I did, about 2 weeks ago, but good look finding him now," the man replied leaning over the counter to look at the picture.
"Why is that?" Selene asked.
"He came in here bleeding pretty badly. He had his hand over his belly and looked like he was trying to hold his insides in. We pointed him out to the doctor but he wouldn't have any of it. He just came in asking for the quickest route through the mountains. I reckon the lads already dead."
"Can you trace the way he went on my map," a tight knuckled Selene asked.
"Sure can, but if you're goin' after him, you better stay the night, it's pretty rough out there in those mountains after dark," the man answered.
Exhausted from the long walk there, Selene agreed to stay the night and begin searching in the morning.

KaiokenX5 Karo
10-28-2009, 03:21 PM
awesome

NARUTARD93
10-28-2009, 03:22 PM
awesome
Thanks, your's is good too. XD

KaiokenX5 Karo
10-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks, your's is good too. XD
no, thank you.

KaiokenX5 Karo
11-10-2009, 06:12 PM
when you gonna post a new chapter?

Soccer Ninja 21
11-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Gold star from Soccer!

NARUTARD93
11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Chapter 5:
The morning sun filtered through the window of an empty bedroom in the Tavern. The bedding was thrown about the room as if the person who had occupied the room was in a hurry to be out of it. A pile of money was hastily thrown on top of the bed.
Selene had risen long before the sun's rays had even peeked over the mountains. She took the most direct route to Gekosha that she could think of. She figured that Drake would want to be there as quickly as possible if he was wounded. The question was, why was he wounded? Drake hated violence of any sort and would go out of his way to avoid a conflict. As she walked, memories of Drake came unbidden to her mind. She remembered the night that Drake had left....
It was a clear summer evening, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. In fact it almost felt magical the way the moon shone down and was reflected in the pond under a magnificent willow tree. Selene rested under the tree with Tandar as was their custom. She hadn't lived in the Village very long, but found the village quiet peaceful after her long years of wandering about the land by herself. Her rest was disturbed as the smoke billowed up into the sky from the village's direction. Selene picked up her sword and rushed back to the village. There, she found Drake and another man locked in battle. Most of the shinobi within the village where there too. Many of them were wounded badly, some had already died. Fires were blazing through the village. The man dealt a heavy blow to Drake nearly slicing his arm off before he retreated after noticing Selene's presence. She rushed to Drake's side to use her medical ninjutsu to heal him. Drake looked up into her face as she held him, he attempted to speak but all that came out was blood...
Selene was brought out of her reverie with a start. An ear-splitting scream came from nearby further up along the trail.

NARUTARD93
11-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Chapter 6:
Selene rushed towards the source of the scream and found a young girl being confronted by a group of highway thugs.
"You got a lot of nerve walking into out terriorty girlie," one of the thugs sneared.
"If you want get through here, you're gonna have to pay the fee," the second of the group said. The third hung back behind the other two. All three were thin and lanky and didn't look as if they'd last long in a fight by themselves.
"But I don't have any money..." The girl mumbled, fear shining in her brown eyes.
"Well then, I guess you're just gonna have to find some other way to pay us," the first thug said, a twisted smile playing across his face.
"That or you'll let her pass through here without any trouble," Selene called out as she walked in front the girl, turning her cold gaze upon the three highway men.
"Ha! You're funny! No one passes through here without paying!" The first thug laughed.
"Well then, I guess you're going to get a new policy today. I have business on the other side of this pass as well. Now step aside or I'll move you," Selene replied, waiting for the the attack she knew was sure to come.
"C'mon boys, I think we need to show these two just exactly who they're dealing with," the first thug answered, all three of them drawing small knives.
"Hmph, obviously, you don't know who you're dealing with either," Selene said in a low voice as two Kodachi slid down her sleeves into her waiting hands. In one swift move, she felled all three of the advancing thugs.
"W-who...are you?" One them meakly asked from the ground.
"Well, since you're about to die, I guess I can let you have some solace in knowing my name. Perhaps you've heard of me, Selene Sekmet," Selne said as she turned her back upon the tree men laying on the ground, deep slashes across their chests spilling out their life blood. The girl stiffened and took a step back as Selene walked towards her.
"Don't worry little one, you have nothing to fear from me. Why don't you come with me, I'll see you safely through the rest of the mountains," Selene told the girl with a smile, bending over to offer the girl her hand.
"Uh...thank you, I'm Castalia, I'm heading towards Gekosha..." Castalia mumbled taking Selene's hand.
"Well then Castalia, shall we be going, I'm heading towards Gekosha my self," Selene replied with smile as she straightened and began walking with Castlia in tow. "Is there something wrong?" She asked after a few minutes of silence.
"There's....a giant tiger following us..." Castila answered, her fearful eyes darting towards Tandar.
"Silly me, that's Tandar, it's alright, he's my friend," Selene responded with a slight laugh. "Tandar, come say hello to Castlia."
Tandar, at his master's command, walked up beside Castlia and gave her a large slobbering lick on her cheek.
"See, nothing to be worried about," Selene said as they continued walking.
"I guess so," Castlia mumured placing one of her little hands on Tandar's large side.

NARUTARD93
11-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Chapter 7:
Selene and Castlia walked in silence for quiet a long time before either spoke again.
"Castlia, why are you traveling to Gekosha?" Selene asked breaking the silence.
"I was told too," Castlia answered.
"Who told you to?"
"A woman's voice inside my head."
"A voice inside your head?"
"Yep. That's how the statues talk to me," Castlia beamed.
"Statues? Where are you from Castlia?" Selene inquired, quite baffled by what Castlia was saying.
"I used to live on an island with a whole bunch of statues of pretty people," Castlia responded still smiling.
"And these statues talk to you?"
"Uh-uh."

The two fell back into silence as they continued making their way through the mountains. They met no other incidents along the way. They found a small cave in which to camp in for the night. Neither one speaking as they settled down for the night.

NARUTARD93
12-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Chapter 8:
Selene woke early the following morning. She couldn't help but think that there was something odd with Castlia. The poor girl seemed like she was lost and alone. So what if the girl had made up some imaginary friends, could you really blame her? Selene sighed and crept over to where Castlia was sleeping curled up next to Tandar. She gently nudged her awake and handed her the field rations that was meant to be their breakfast.

"Selene, are we almost there yet?" Castlia asked after they had set out for the day.
"Patience little one, we've got quite a while before we're out of these mountians." Selene answered.
"Oh, Selene, why are you going to Gekosha?"
"I'm looking for a friend. He's been away for a very long time now...."
"Doesn't he have home either?"
"His home is where mine is back in our village. We were very happy there...."
"Then why did he leave?"
"I....don't know...."
"What if he's not in Gekosha?"
"Then I'll just keep searching for him until I find him. Tell me, is your family in Gekosha?"
"I don't have a family. A nice man told me that maybe I'd find one in Gekosha."
"And you believed him?"
"Yep, he said that he was going to find his happiness in Gekosha."
"And you didn't go with him?"
"We got lost in a storm near the ocean."
"Well, don't worry, I'll help you find a family in Gekosha, I promise." Selene replied, wondering just who Castlia really was.

Sasori Hatori
12-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Wow, just Wow, so descriptive and interesting....i love it, one of the best i've read! 5/5!

NARUTARD93
12-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Chapter 9:
Several days have passed, and Selene and Castlia had finally made it through the mountains. It was nearly mid-day and the sun was shining overhead a vast, grassy plain. Castlia, tired from the journey through the mountains, rode astride Tandar's great back. Selene walked alongside at a rather quick pace, her eyes darting about.
"Is something wrong Selene?" Castlia asked noticing Selene's catious manner.
"There's no cover here, we're completley unprotected from attack," Selene answered.
"What do you mean?" Castlia questioned, not knowing what was wrong.
"This is the only road leading to Gekosha from the south. Travelers are easily picked off by highwaymen here. It won't be safe here come nightfall," Selene replied.

The two fell into silence for quiet some time after that.
"Do you think your friend is alright?" Castlia asked, breaking the silence that hung in the air.
"... I don't know...." Selene softly murmered. She didn't want to dwell on what had happened to Drake. The last she heard of him he was critically wounded. She didn't know who or what had been able to injure him so, and she didn't want to know. She didn't want to think about what had happened to him since then. She didn't want to indulge in the ache in her heart.
A small drop of water splattered on her cheek and ran down her face. At first Selene thought that the tears she had struggled to keep in check had finally spilled loosed. Lifting her eyes to the heavens, she saw the dark, miserable clouds hanging overhead. They opened up and it was as if the very heavens themselves were weeping.

NARUTARD93
01-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Chapter 10:
The rain continued to fall from the skies as Selene and Castlia walked. It had rained non-stop for the past two days. They sloshed through the mud, their heads hung low. They had passed no one on the road. They spent the cold nights sleeping fitfully under any trees they could find. They didn't need to worry about bandits. No one wanted to be on the road right now, no one, not even bandits.

Selene had them walking a rather fast past. She didn't want to spend another minute in the rain and their food supplies were almost gone. They needed to get to the small village that was up ahead as soon as possible. The village was often used as a rest stop by travelers. Gekosha was just a two days walk after that. Selene had visited the village many times in the past. They should be able to see it by now. So why couldn't they see it by now. Wiping the the rain and wet hair from her face Selene turned her head to look around her. She could've sworn she saw the small cluster of scraggly trees before. No, it couldn't be possible. She must just be eager to get there she thought to herself and continued walking. A few minutes later she noticed a small outcropping of rocks on the side of the road. She knew they had passed them before already. And then is dawned on her. They were caught in an illusion. She turned behind her to check that Castlia was still atop Tandar's back. Then she gathered her energies about her and broke the spell.

She found that her eyes had been closed and opened them to find herself inside some kind of abandoned hut. She was sitting in a corner with her hands and feet bound. There was a dull ache in her head and blood was crusted on the side of her face. She turned her stiff neck to find Castlia in a bound beside her. She was still caught in the illusion, but it looked like she was unharmed. Tandar was lying in front of her with a collar and chain around his neck. He took was still held in the illusion and looked like he had minor injuries. Selene closed her eyes in frustration, she had been foolish and caught off guard. Now they were all paying the price for her mistake. She opened her eyes and looked around the room once more. Now was not the time for self-pity. There would be time enough for that later, for now she had to figure out a way to get them out of there safely.

Kibafan006
01-11-2010, 05:01 PM
The story is awesome so far!
Keep writing!

NARUTARD93
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
The story is awesome so far!
Keep writing!
Thanks! I've been writing most of this during school when I get bored.

NARUTARD93
01-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Chapter 11:
Footsteps sounded from behind a closed door. Selene glanced toward the door at the opposite side of the room. She swore at her rotten luck. There were no other windows or doors in the room. There was only one way in and one way out. Selene figured that there must be at least one person guarding the door outside. And there were bound to be others in the hut that they'd have to encounter in order to get out. Selene watched the light coming from underneath the door. As the shadows moved she guessed that there were at least two people currently standing in front of the door. They were speaking to each other in hushed voices. Selene quickly glanced at her person to see if they had taken her weapons. They had, but only the obvious visible ones. Her katana and pack were gone along with her tofa, but she still had the twin kodachi strapped to her arms hidden in her sleeves. She also had a small dagger tucked away inside her boot.

The one of the voices at the door took on a harsher tone towards the other and was hissing orders at it. The light from beneath the door was entirely blotted out as the handle on the door was turned. Selene quickly closed her eyes and tried to look like she wasn't conscious. A man opened the door and walked in. Selene opened her eyes ever so slightly and tried to get a look at him. She couldn't see his face and didn't dare open her eyes anymore. From what she could tell, he was a sturdily built man wearing tanned leather boots and black breeches tucked into them. There was another man behind him who appeared to be dressed in traditional shinobi grab. Great, just what we needed, Selene thought to herself, these aren't ordinary highway men. This is going to be even more difficult then before.

Selene flexed the muscles in her arm ever so slightly and the kodachi strapped in the leather thong on her arm fell into her open palm. She carefully cut the ropes binding her hands and held them there as the two men stood in the threshold of the room.

"C'mon let's go. See? They're still sleeping, there's nothing to worry about," The second man in the shinobi garb said in a fearful voice.
"What are you afraid of if they're still sleeping?" The first man asked in a gruff voice.
"I don't want to be here when that tiger wakes up, now let's go!" The second man answered, leaving no doubts that he was afraid.
"Just a minute," the first man said as he walked forwards into the room and stopped right in front of Castlia. He squatted down and studied her closely. Selene could now see the man's face and was shocked at what she saw. The man had a stubble of a beard growing on his face and high cheekbones. He had hair the color of a raven's feather's and eyes that shone like emeralds. He had thick, dark brows set on a high forehead and a large hawk like nose. This was Drake's brother, Ivan.

KaiokenX5 Karo
03-02-2010, 12:26 PM
more!

Chidori of Death
07-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Awesome Fanfic Narutard-chan.........but what happened to once a week?:\

NARUTARD93
07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Awesome Fanfic Narutard-chan.........but what happened to once a week?:\
Yeah...heh heh...I got really busy with work and school......but yeah......I've got a super long update coming up soon. So don't worry everyone who thought I'd forgotten about this, chapter 12's on it's way!

NARUTARD93
07-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Chapter 12:
Selene sat rooted to the floor. What in the world was Ivan doing here? Granted that he was a no good backstabber, but he was much better than a mere highway man. Years ago, Selene had once belonged to a shinobi village. It had been the best time of her life, and it was all ruined in one night. The one responsible for that was Ivan, or at least that's what she thought. Neither she nor Drake could ever come up with any solid answers as to who killed their kage and burned down their village. They were returning from a mission when they found the ashes of what was once their home. Only one person stood amongst the ash and charred bodies, Ivan. Upon seeing his younger brother and Selene, Ivan took off, never to be seen until now. Drake took off after his brother for answers, but has been unable to locate him. Selene was herself, unsure of whether or not Ivan was responsible for the destruction of their home. Many had believed that Ivan was next in line for the seat of the kage, so why would he do such a thing?

Selene snapped out of her reverie to find the other bandit in the room lying face down on the ground in a pool of blood. Ivan stood above him with a bloodied sword. He took a step towards Selene, and instinctively she rose with her kodachi held before her in a defensive stance.

"Whoa there, I'm not here to hurt you," Ivan said dropping the sword at his feet and holding his hands up with his palms out.

"Then what are you here for?!" Selene growled, wanting to believe him, but unable to do so.

"Well, to rescue you now that you've managed to get yourself captured. And they said you were a genius," Ivan chuckled.

"What's so funny?!" Selene answered, her temper rising.

"Nothing, nothing, now are you going to stand here pointing that thing at me, or are you going to let me help you?"

"Why would you help me?"

"Because you're going to need my help if you want to get out of here alive."

"I can see that, but why?"

"Would you believe me if I said I wanted to?"

"No."

"Look Selene, I didn't destroy the village all those years ago. I loved that place just as much as you did."

"Then why did you run away from us?!"

"I knew how it looked, Drake would never believe me, he's my kid brother, I couldn't bring myself to hurt him, no matter what, so I ran."

"You don't know that for sure?"

"Yes I do. He was always jealous of me, even if he never showed it."

"Lies! You were his idol!"

"Is that what he told you? Well then, if you know so much about him, then where is my little brother?"

"I never said that..."

"Just what I thought, he even ran from you. The two of you used to be insuperable. Am I to assume that you're here looking for Drake then?" Selene only looked away with a pained look on her face as an answer. "Let me help you Selene. Those guys are going to be back any minute now and they're not going to go easy on us just because there's a kid here," Ivan continued.

"Fine, but what are you really doing here?" Selene asked replacing her kodachi in the leather thong strapped to her arm.

"The same thing you are. I got wind of Drake heading towards Gekosha when I ran into these bandits up here. I wormed my way into their ranks with the intention of shutting them down from the inside," Ivan answered walking over to undo the bindings on Castlia. He then moved over to free Tandar. Within moments the two began stirring and opened their eyes. "So what are you doing with a kid anyways, I thought you were more of the solitary type."

"I found her on my way here. The bandits were giving her a hard time passing through the mountains. Since we're both heading in the same direction I figured I'd better stick with her to make sure she got there safely."

"You found her alone?"

"She said she had been separated from someone who was taking care of her. She was told that she'd find a family in a Gekosha and believed him."

"Is there something wrong with her?"

"I'm not too sure. She said statues talk to her..."

"Well, we should probably start heading out. I'll try to find us a way out of here that'll keep us from having to deal with any fights." Ivan opened the door and closed it quickly after him.

"Selene, who is that man?" Castlia asked.

"He's....a friend; you don't need to worry about him. He's going to help us gt of here," Selene said hoisting Castlia up into Tandar's back.

"He reminds me of someone I know," Castlia said burying her face in Tandar's fur. Before Selene could answer the door opened again and Ivan came back into the room.

"It doesn't look good out there, there are way too many of them out to avoid leaving undetected," Ivan said beginning to pace about the room.

"How are they at tracking?" Selene asked.

"What do mean you mean by that?" answered Ivan, unsure of how this would be helpful in escaping.

"What's behind this wall?" Selene asked placing her hand on the back wall.

"Nothing, why?" Ivan asked, still unsure of where this was going.

"If we blow out this wall with a paper bomb we should be to get a good head start on these guys," Selene proposed.

"Ah, I see, if we can make it to the village that's not too far away from here, we should be able to lose them." Ivan theorized as he pulled out a paper bomb and placed in on the wall. The group backed away as they waited for it to detonate. They didn't have to wait long and soon they were dashing throw the smoke and rubble on their way to freedom.

Chidori of Death
06-18-2011, 04:09 PM
I just realized how long it's been since you updated. /has a sad

rhassx7
06-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Good job. Appreciated work.

Chidori of Death
06-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Tardy!D:

NARUTARD93
06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
I think it is better left forgotten.

Chidori of Death
06-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Okay ;~;
And it was just getting good.

NARUTARD93
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Fine...I will attempt to continue it just for you even though nobody else reads it. Happy?

Chidori of Death
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM
No. Do what ever you want. <2

NARUTARD93
06-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Chapter 13:
The small rag-tag group found themselves back on the plains. Unlike the illusion, the sky was clear and bright overhead with the mountains looming close behind. Rather than risk being caught in the open continuing forward, the group sought the shelter of the forest at the base of the mountain. There they spent the night waiting for any would highway men pursuing them. They found none.

"I thought we were supposed to be heading towards a village," Castlia noted, breaking the silence as they ate their meager meal that night. They ate by the light of the dying sun streaming through the canopy of trees, they didn't dare light a fire.

"We are, it's just going to take us longer than we thought," Selene gave in response.

"Why?" Castlia asked not pleased with the response.

"Because those bad men are looking for us right now. If they find us, they'll kill us. So we have to be extra special to not get caught by them," Ivan supplied. Castlia seemed pleased by this and continued to eat in silence.

"We should probably finish up soon, there won't be any light left soon," Selene suggested as she looked up towards the sky.

"Aww, but I'm not tired!" Castlia stated as matter of fact.

"If you don't rest now little one, you might not get the chance to for quite a while. Besides you wouldn't want to be tired if we ran into those bad men again would you?" Ivan stepped in once. Castlia shook her head and curled into Tandar's fur before drifting to sleep.

"I didn't know you were so good with kids." Selene said casting Ivan a quizzical look.

"I had a daughter before the village..." Ivan answered.

"Is she?" Silence was the only answer Selene received.

"What will you don't if you find him in Gekosha?" Ivan sighed.

"I'll keep searching for him. You?"

"I....I don't know. I've been searching for him for so long now that I'm beginning to wonder if he's even still alive. I've been thinking that maybe it's time to live life for myself. You should consider it too."

"How is it that you haven't found him yet. He's been searching for you to exact revenge. The two of you should have met sometime before this."

"I can see where that'd be confusing. That night you guys found me I blindly ran. I didn't know where I was going nor cared. The only thing my horrified mind could think of was to keep running. To out run and wait for you to cool down so that I could explain myself. With the lost of my family heavy on my mind, I kept to myself and hid out in the wild at first....I spent at least a year like that. By the time I decided to rejoin humanity, I thought you guys had given up the chase. I wandered from place to place trying to find a new way of life for myself after that. One day I picked up word that Drake was still wanted revenge and I decided to try and find him myself....You're still not buying it are you?"

"Not really, but I supposed I have no choice but to work with you if I want to see Castlia safely to Gekosha," Selene sighed making herself comfortable against a tree trunk.

"Why are you helping her?"

"I don't know....I suppose she reminds me a little bit of myself before I found the village...and Drake..."

"I'll keep the first watch," Ivan answered making himself comfortable for a long night.

"No you're not," Selene answered a bit harshly. Ivan opened his mouth to reply but shut it again as he caught the Selene's glare in the dying light.