PDA

View Full Version : Why do you all think Itachi gave Naruto a gift?

ShariKage
10-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Itachi loved his brother, we find that out later, right? So why would he give Naruto something to help defeat him. It might be something that will mess him up. I don't know. Opinions?

Yori
10-17-2009, 12:31 PM
I believe it's not for sasuke but it's Itachi last strike at Madara

mrsticky005
10-17-2009, 12:32 PM

Agreed.

brooksey
10-17-2009, 12:32 PM

yes I agree with this

ShariKage
10-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Do you think he gave Sasuke something too, then?

mrsticky005
10-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Do you think he gave Sasuke something too, then?

Itachi gave Sasuke his Mangekyo.

Sasuke072
10-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Itachi loved his brother, we find that out later, right? So why would he give Naruto something to help defeat him. It might be something that will mess him up. I don't know. Opinions?

It doesn't matter if Itachi loved Sasuke. Itachi himself said that that power was going to be saved up for when Naruto was up against Sasuke. Itachi DID also say that he hopes that day would never happen. Maybe Itachi knew Sasuke would end up corrupted after all this and knew he had to be stopped somehow regardless if he loved his little brother or not.

sasu_girl
10-17-2009, 12:38 PM
sasu thinkz ita-chan gav naru-chan the only power ta stop sasu-chan when hez on a wild rampage.

Yori
10-17-2009, 12:38 PM
It doesn't matter if Itachi loved Sasuke. Itachi himself said that that power was going to be saved up for when Naruto was up against Sasuke. Itachi DID also say that he hopes that day would never happen. Maybe Itachi knew Sasuke would end up corrupted after all this and knew he had to be stopped somehow regardless if he loved his little brother or not.

No that was a 50/50 chance in Itachi mind. He knew madara would get to him, he hoped that sasuke wouldn't be convinced that easily by him though

mrsticky005
10-17-2009, 12:40 PM

Itachi gives Naruto the gift AFTER Naruto repeatedly says he won't harm Sasuke.
If Naruto won't hurt Sasuke then there's not much point in giving Naruto power
to do that. Itachi needs Naruto to fight Madara because he knows Sasuke alone
isn't strong enough.

Sunagakure
10-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Although I am not sure what exact power Itachi gave Naruto, I think it is to..help Naruto protect both himself and Sasuke from Madara.

If I recall correctly, Itachi gave Naruto the gift after their conversation. Naruto had said that he (Naruto) was more of a brother to Sasuke than Itachi was, and Itachi just smiled and gave him the "gift". I think that Itachi knew he was dying, also knew greater trouble was coming for them (Naruto and Sasuke), and wanted to shield them both against some bigger threat. It was a last act to protect both the Leaf Village and his brother.

I don't think, as some people do, that Itachi did it to harm Naruto because let's face it - if Itachi wanted Naruto dead, that moment in the woods when Naruto had no backup was the perfect opportunity to smite him. Besides, I think that Itachi could recognize in Naruto the brother for Sasuke that he (Itachi) could never be given the socio-political circumstances into which Itachi was thrown.

ShariKage
10-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Mybe he wanted Sasuke to kill him?

mrsticky005
10-17-2009, 12:43 PM
I agree Sunagakure

Sasuke072
10-17-2009, 12:46 PM

Itachi gives Naruto the gift AFTER Naruto repeatedly says he won't harm Sasuke.
If Naruto won't hurt Sasuke then there's not much point in giving Naruto power
to do that. Itachi needs Naruto to fight Madara because he knows Sasuke alone
isn't strong enough.

This could be a theory. True, maybe the power could be for helping Naruto against Madara, and along side Sasuke (if it's ever possible to happen) it would be a great combo, but also... What if Naruto realizes that the only way to stop Sasuke is to actually hurt him? He would have to get over that weakness of not going full power on him. And to wrap it up Naruto and Sasuke are destined to battle again (By Madaras own statement) and I highly doubt it's going to be a kiddy fight. Naruto will have to unleash all his power here and thus Itachi's bonus somehow. Of course, these are all just theories.

mrsticky005
10-17-2009, 12:47 PM
This could be a theory. True, maybe the power could be for helping Naruto against Madara, and along side Sasuke (if it's ever possible to happen) it would be a great combo, but also... What if Naruto realizes that the only way to stop Sasuke is to actually hurt him? He would have to get over that weakness of not going full power on him. And to wrap it up Naruto and Sasuke are destined to battle again (By Madaras own statement) and I highly doubt it's going to be a kiddy fight. Naruto will have to unleash all his power here and thus Itachi's bonus somehow. Of course, these are all just theories.

If Itachi knows Madara is the mastermind why have Naruto fight Sasuke?

If you can checkmate the King why take out a pawn?

Sasuke072
10-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Naruto vs. Sasuke has nothing to do with Itachi. Madara is the one saying that they'll fight again. The 'gift' just a precaution.

mrsticky005
10-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Naruto vs. Sasuke has nothing to do with Itachi. Madara is the one saying that they'll fight again. The 'gift' just a precaution.

Madara obviously has some wicked plan that requires Naruto and Sasuke to fight.

Itachi needs Naruto to see through this ploy and fight Madara

Yori
10-17-2009, 12:55 PM

Agreed cause Madara right now aint even in Naruto mind which quickly needs to change

mrsticky005
10-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Agreed cause Madara right now aint even in Naruto mind which quickly needs to change

Yeah nobody seems to be paying attention to the real bad guys

Sasuke072
10-17-2009, 12:57 PM

Hmm, I agree here. But this is going to be difficult... given that the only thing that's on Naruto's mind is to get Sasuke back no matter what.

mrsticky005
10-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Hmm, I agree here. But this is going to be difficult... given that the only thing that's on Naruto's mind is to get Sasuke back no matter what.

Of course in order to do that he has to fight Madara.

Sasuke072
10-17-2009, 01:02 PM
We'll just have to wait and see how this all turns out then.

Nemico
10-17-2009, 04:41 PM

I highly doubt this Gift is Meant for Sasuke. I think he knew that Madara would easily trick Sasuke unto his side so he sought out for Naruto knowing he was the only one that would be able to Stand a chance against them. I think the Gift is meant to Save both Naruto and Sasuke.

jayawsome12
10-17-2009, 07:18 PM
it might be a way to bring itachi back to life

yondaime
10-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Something to help Naruto and Sasuke defeat Madara.

3littlepigs
10-17-2009, 08:55 PM
I think it's something to fight Sasuke. Obviously since he loved Sasuke I don't think it's something that will kill him and well Naruto wouldn't do that anyways...It could be something meant for Madara like some other members said but IMO it could be something to put Naruto on more even ground with Sasuke's MS techniques (Susano'o and Amaterasu)

Naruko-chan
10-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Mabey because Itachi wanted him to keep Sasuke in line or something. xD

Phenom
10-17-2009, 10:05 PM

He loves his brother more than the village, that is true. However, he realized that if Sasuke attacks the village, or Naruto, that it would be because Madara made Sasuke believe that is what he wants.

Bacon
10-17-2009, 10:14 PM
what is the girt exactly???

Hidden Ninja45
10-17-2009, 10:15 PM
what is the girt exactly???
We don't know yet. It has yet to be revealed.

NarutoBankai
10-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Itachi proably gave him this when he became power crazed like in the manga notice that sasuke has been doing very harsh things now he's seeking revenge he's been turning into somewhat of itachi but itachi honestly had somewhat of a heart,sasuke has been transforming into a cold lifeform no longer with feelings he's been on a rampage for revenge he's just been coocoo to put it in short form so,It'll proably be to "snap" or take back the mangekyou sharingan that was given to sasuke.

ZackAttack
10-17-2009, 10:30 PM
itachi gave something to naruto in case sasuke ended up turning evil and if he trys to destroy konoha. It could be a vision of itachi or some sort of power but he definitely gave him something to help in the fight vs sasuke.

Phariah824
10-17-2009, 10:49 PM
He loves his brother more than the village, that is true. However, he realized that if Sasuke attacks the village, or Naruto, that it would be because Madara made Sasuke believe that is what he wants.
i agree Phenom
and i agree Zackattack.

the way i see it Itachi was a follower of the will of fire, the senju's way. he sees it in Naruto and believes he will bring Sasuke back/ break through him. his gift i believe would be some sort of anti genjutsu, with some sort of chakra recording like Minato left in Naruto before. i think that Itachi knows that neither Sasuke or Naruto would be able to beat Madara by themselves, and would want Naruto to help Sasuke and together they would face Madara.:???:
i think a small foreshadowing of this was when Yamato was talking about chakra natures and how nin working to gether can combine for greater effects. and Naruto says that he and Sasuke would be good together because of their natures. they would strengthen each other.:ugeek:

EdFry
10-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Maybe it is because as V said Sasuke has nature talent and Naruto has to work his but off. So perhaps Naruto's been given the ability to level the playing field and save Sasuke from himself. Or prehaps Itachi has implanted part of himself into NarutoAnd just like when Minato spoke with Naruto maybe Itachi will calm Sasuke within Naruto's subconscious

Xxk1nG-RKOxX
10-18-2009, 11:17 AM
I agree as well

valtreck
10-23-2009, 11:20 AM
i suppose itachi wanted to make sure that sasuke comes on good side.

Miss Bella Rose
10-23-2009, 11:25 AM
i suppose itachi wanted to make sure that sasuke comes on good side.

That was exactly what I was thinking. He must have done it to protect his little bro ..
Itachi cared a lot about sasuke even though we don't really see it.

ShariKage
10-23-2009, 04:01 PM
What does the gift have to do with making sasuke good?

Space Cowboy Sasori
10-23-2009, 05:45 PM
The power to beat Madara I suppose, If Naruto ends up being a Senjuchiha I'll cry a little inside because not only did I make that up on the fly it's a bad concept.

mrsticky005
10-23-2009, 06:13 PM
The power to beat Madara I suppose, If Naruto ends up being a Senjuchiha I'll cry a little inside because not only did I make that up on the fly it's a bad concept.

When you think about it there already is a Senjuchia....

Nagato

Why?

Rinnegan=senju ancestor +uchiha ancestor.

devapath
10-23-2009, 06:13 PM
cuz he would get his butt kicked without it

Nine-TailedSage_Naruto
10-23-2009, 06:30 PM
the "gift" has a loooot of possibilities ...and knowing kishi's ability to always surprise us...it might be something completely different then many people think it is..

Space Cowboy Sasori
10-23-2009, 06:32 PM

When you think about it there already is a Senjuchia....

Nagato

Why?

Rinnegan=senju ancestor +uchiha ancestor.

I was fine with Pain though, if Naruto had it it would just be weird...really.