PDA

View Full Version : A short story!!

Hockey Otaku
10-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Ok, someone give me a prompt (like, a sentence telling me what to write about) and I'll pick the best one and write a short story about it. I did this in the writing competition thingy in 7th and 8th grade. It takes like, 40 minutes. I'll try to be faster though.
Ok, GO!

MysticGoten
10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Why am your fourm bf?
Let's see where this goes XD

The Demon Zabuza
10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
'He suddenly collapsed on the floor in the middle of the mall/sitting at his desk, dead'

I've been reading Death Note.

Hockey Otaku
10-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Prompt: Why am I your boyfriend?

Mind Over Matter
By Hockey Otaku

I looked out of the bus window...Great. It's going to be another lonely Friday. I closed my eyes and felt sorry for myself. I had no life. I was going home to spend another Friday night on the computer, while my so-called friends were having fun without me.

Suddenly I got the feeling that someone was staring at me. I rolled over in the seat and when I opened my eyes I saw Geoffrey (lol what a random name for you Goten) staring at me. I got extremely flustered all of a sudden and started laughing to cover my embarrassment. "Geoffrey? What are you doing?" I asked.

"What are you doing?"
"Um...I was sleeping..."
"No, I meant, what are you doing tonight?" I couldn't tell Geoff what I was really doing. It was too embarrassing to let the guy I had had a crush on for 2 years know that I had no life.
"Um...I don't know. Why?"
"Come to Kings Island (it's an amusement park in Ohio) with me." HUH!?? Geoff, The Geoffrey Allen Turner, the hottest boy in my class, my crush, was asking me to go on a date?! It was too hard to believe. I almost couldn't say anything because I was so shocked.
"You mean like, like a date?"
"Mm-hmm..."
"Yeah! Yeah, sure!"
"Cool. I'll meet you there at 7."

I was ecstatic. I practically ran home from the bus stop. I, Kaitlin the Dork, was going on a date with Geoff!!!

When my grandfather got home I practically jumped on top of him. "Hey! You're home! Great! That means you can drive me to Kings Island at 6:30! Right!? You can do that, can't you!?"
"We'll see," he said in his gruff, unhappy voice. "I thought you were supposed to babysit tonight." I froze. He was right. I was supposed to babysit three kids that night.

What could I do? I could cancel the date, but...no, I couldn't do that. Nothing in this world could have made me cancel that date. I could call my friends and ask them to do the babysitting for me, but they were all doing things tonight too.

I texted Goeff.
"Hey" I said.
"Hey" he replied.
"Can u pick me up 2nite? I cant get a ride"
"Sure. My mom will pick u up @ 6:30"
"Thanks :)"
I had a master plan.

I would put the kids in bed at 6. They would argue, but eventually they would do it. Then I would sneak out and run down the street to my house. I would just have to make sure I was back by 11. After all, the oldest kid is 10. He can probably take care of them if they get up. Maybe not the best plan, but my mind was clouded by the most powerful drug of all: love.

When 5:00 rolled around I went over to the kids' house. I was perfectly polite with the parents and they left. At 6 I began phase 1 of my plan. It took longer than I thought it would and a lot of bribery, but they went to their rooms.

When I got outside it was already 6:45. Oh no! What if Geoff got tired of waiting and left? I ran to my house and saw his mom's car in the driveway.

"Hey." Geoff said.
"Hey. Sorry I'm late."
"Where were you? You look kind of nervous."
"Oh, yeah..."
"Um, do you need to do something else?" Geoff asked. I couldn't do it. It couldn't leave those kids alone! How could I even consider it?
"Geoff, I, I'm sorry!" I ran back to the kids' house.

I got the kids out of their rooms and apologized for being so mean. I decided not to bring up the fact that I had left.

Ding-dong!
"I'll get it!" all three kids said at once as they fought each other to get to the front door. I followed them. When they pulled the door open I was shocked to see Geoff on the porch.
"Hey." he said. He looked at the kids, who were staring at him. "Um...can I come in?"
"NO!" Said the middle child Ellen. "No strangers allowed!"
"He can come in," I said. "He's my friend." They stared at me. "Come in. Um, kids, why don't you go play in your rooms for awhile?" This night was costing me. I gave them each a dollar and they reluctantly retreated to their rooms.

"So, you were going to leave these kids here? That's so irresponsible!" Geoff looked kind of repulsed by my irresponsiblity.
"Well, I just..." I could feel myself blushing, just like every time I talked to Geoff. "I wasn't thinking. I just really really wanted to go on a date with you, and I thought I wouldn't get another chance! And then I saw you and I just, and my consience, and I knew I would be in big trouble-" The next thing I new Geoff was kissing me.

"Whoa." The ten year old, Brad, was standing on the stairs that overlooked the living room that me and Geoff were in. Geoff and I looked at each other and laughed.

"That is really sweet that you wanted to go out with me that badly." He smiled that adorable smile that made me fall in love with him in the first place. "But you know, we could have just gone tomorrow."

Ok. There you have it. 38 minutes.

Hockey Otaku
10-16-2009, 03:23 PM
'He suddenly collapsed on the floor in the middle of the mall/sitting at his desk, dead'

I've been reading Death Note.
That's a good one. But I'm not going to write it right now...my eyes and hands are tired

The Demon Zabuza
10-16-2009, 03:25 PM
You're good.

But I don't like love stories, most make me throw up xDD

Hockey Otaku
10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
You're good.

But I don't like love stories, most make me throw up xDD
Lol I never wrote a love story before, well actually I wrote one, and it was crap. This one is better...

MysticGoten
10-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Prompt: Why am I your boyfriend?

Mind Over Matter
By Hockey Otaku

I looked out of the bus window...Great. It's going to be another lonely Friday. I closed my eyes and felt sorry for myself. I had no life. I was going home to spend another Friday night on the computer, while my so-called friends were having fun without me.

Suddenly I got the feeling that someone was staring at me. I rolled over in the seat and when I opened my eyes I saw Geoffrey (lol what a random name for you Goten) staring at me. I got extremely flustered all of a sudden and started laughing to cover my embarrassment. "Geoffrey? What are you doing?" I asked.

"What are you doing?"
"Um...I was sleeping..."
"No, I meant, what are you doing tonight?" I couldn't tell Geoff what I was really doing. It was too embarrassing to let the guy I had had a crush on for 2 years know that I had no life.
"Um...I don't know. Why?"
"Come to Kings Island (it's an amusement park in Ohio) with me." HUH!?? Geoff, The Geoffrey Allen Turner, the hottest boy in my class, my crush, was asking me to go on a date?! It was too hard to believe. I almost couldn't say anything because I was so shocked.
"You mean like, like a date?"
"Mm-hmm..."
"Yeah! Yeah, sure!"
"Cool. I'll meet you there at 7."

I was ecstatic. I practically ran home from the bus stop. I, Kaitlin the Dork, was going on a date with Geoff!!!

When my grandfather got home I practically jumped on top of him. "Hey! You're home! Great! That means you can drive me to Kings Island at 6:30! Right!? You can do that, can't you!?"
"We'll see," he said in his gruff, unhappy voice. "I thought you were supposed to babysit tonight." I froze. He was right. I was supposed to babysit three kids that night.

What could I do? I could cancel the date, but...no, I couldn't do that. Nothing in this world could have made me cancel that date. I could call my friends and ask them to do the babysitting for me, but they were all doing things tonight too.

I texted Goeff.
"Hey" I said.
"Hey" he replied.
"Can u pick me up 2nite? I cant get a ride"
"Sure. My mom will pick u up @ 6:30"
"Thanks :)"
I had a master plan.

I would put the kids in bed at 6. They would argue, but eventually they would do it. Then I would sneak out and run down the street to my house. I would just have to make sure I was back by 11. After all, the oldest kid is 10. He can probably take care of them if they get up. Maybe not the best plan, but my mind was clouded by the most powerful drug of all: love.

When 5:00 rolled around I went over to the kids' house. I was perfectly polite with the parents and they left. At 6 I began phase 1 of my plan. It took longer than I thought it would and a lot of bribery, but they went to their rooms.

When I got outside it was already 6:45. Oh no! What if Geoff got tired of waiting and left? I ran to my house and saw his mom's car in the driveway.

"Hey." Geoff said.
"Hey. Sorry I'm late."
"Where were you? You look kind of nervous."
"Oh, yeah..."
"Um, do you need to do something else?" Geoff asked. I couldn't do it. It couldn't leave those kids alone! How could I even consider it?
"Geoff, I, I'm sorry!" I ran back to the kids' house.

I got the kids out of their rooms and apologized for being so mean. I decided not to bring up the fact that I had left.

Ding-dong!
"I'll get it!" all three kids said at once as they fought each other to get to the front door. I followed them. When they pulled the door open I was shocked to see Geoff on the porch.
"Hey." he said. He looked at the kids, who were staring at him. "Um...can I come in?"
"NO!" Said the middle child Ellen. "No strangers allowed!"
"He can come in," I said. "He's my friend." They stared at me. "Come in. Um, kids, why don't you go play in your rooms for awhile?" This night was costing me. I gave them each a dollar and they reluctantly retreated to their rooms.

"So, you were going to leave these kids here? That's so irresponsible!" Geoff looked kind of repulsed by my irresponsiblity.
"Well, I just..." I could feel myself blushing, just like every time I talked to Geoff. "I wasn't thinking. I just really really wanted to go on a date with you, and I thought I wouldn't get another chance! And then I saw you and I just, and my consience, and I knew I would be in big trouble-" The next thing I new Geoff was kissing me.

"Whoa." The ten year old, Brad, was standing on the stairs that overlooked the living room that me and Geoff were in. Geoff and I looked at each other and laughed.

"That is really sweet that you wanted to go out with me that badly." He smiled that adorable smile that made me fall in love with him in the first place. "But you know, we could have just gone tomorrow."

Ok. There you have it. 38 minutes.
lol Geoff?
Why not goten?

Hockey Otaku
10-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Because Goten's not a usual name...duh...lol idk why I changed it

devapath
10-16-2009, 07:03 PM
ok so a person is gets his own angel, the angel isnt as nice as the bible says that they are
can you work with this

Hockey Otaku
10-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah. But not now...*yawn* Ok I'll remember these and write about them sometime. Maybe tomorrow. This is fun.

devapath
10-16-2009, 07:20 PM
coolz