PDA

View Full Version : Quotes.

Soccer Ninja 21
05-03-2009, 08:04 AM
List here your favorite quotes from your favorite manga or just cool ones...I'll start us off...

"Never show your hand early, and always keep an ace up your sleeve."
- Yu Yu Hakusho

Kisame
05-03-2009, 08:52 AM
"People live their their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define 'reality'. But what does it mean to be 'correct' or 'true'? Merely vague concepts... their 'reality' may be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

-Itachi.

Soccer Ninja 21
05-03-2009, 08:55 AM
That's a long one, but I like its complexity and deep thinking, compared to that mine is a shallow kiddie pool. :)

Soccer Ninja 21
05-03-2009, 08:58 AM
A mini Socrates.

Kisame
05-03-2009, 08:58 AM
That's a long one, but I like its complexity and deep thinking, compared to that mine is a shallow kiddie pool. :)

Yeah, Kishi must be a really deep thinker.

Soccer Ninja 21
05-03-2009, 09:00 AM
A greek phiosipher, I have go, bye. c y later.

Kisame
05-03-2009, 09:00 AM
A mini Socrates.

Who's Socrates?

Soccer Ninja 21
05-03-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm back with a new quote!

"Aw, unlucky"
- every English soccer coach I know. (they say unlucky a lot)

sasoridanna
05-03-2009, 03:24 PM
A mini Socrates.

Who's Socrates?

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socrates

Toma RNK
05-03-2009, 03:31 PM
"The rails are down, the lights are flashing, but the train just aint coming is it buddy?" Ritsuko from "Those who hunt elves."

Admittedly a dub quote but I liked it.

seannfma
05-03-2009, 03:57 PM
"Believe it"-----Naruto

Naruto
05-03-2009, 03:59 PM
"People live their their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define 'reality'. But what does it mean to be 'correct' or 'true'? Merely vague concepts... their 'reality' may be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

-Itachi.

The answer for me is yes people simply are living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs.
I like this quote.

Toma RNK
05-03-2009, 04:00 PM
NLP refers to it as your "internal map of reality"

Kisame
05-03-2009, 04:03 PM

Who's NLP?

Naruto
05-03-2009, 04:04 PM

I'm confused :arrow: :? :? :? :? :?

narutorocks
05-03-2009, 04:05 PM
"Believe it"-----Naruto

Definatly.
And as much as I don't like Hinata, that speech when she jumped in to save Naruto was pretty good.

Spartacus
05-03-2009, 04:06 PM
"Familiarity breeds contempt." - No idea who said it I just like sayin it ;)

"She makes me feel kind a funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class." - Garth Algar

Soccer Ninja 21
05-03-2009, 04:42 PM
This is one I got out of my english book...
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, who struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more."
- William Shakespear

Hidan
05-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Well I like these ones.

"Now! Let's savor the utmost of suffering together!" ~Hidan
"I am a relic they want to get rid of, so why do I exist and live?" ~Gaara

Here's on I like from real life.

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyways." ~Jessica Wilson

rocketjed1
05-04-2009, 11:01 AM
You don't have enough hate
-Itachi

RockLee_4th_Gate
05-17-2009, 11:06 AM
some times but not that offten but there are some good quotes in the naruto manga and anime

Vidda Hatake
06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Admittedly, I do, but only sometimes.

Vatanui AKA Pride
06-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Sometimes.....

ThunderSpirit
06-10-2009, 10:16 PM

-Itachi.

That's one of my favorite quotes; very thought provoking.

JMLapaxSF
06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
You'll have ur chance to fly, snake.. in the talons of a hawk. -Sasuke :D

Life AKA Death
06-10-2009, 10:36 PM
no kinda weird but here its not believe it

Soccer Ninja 21
07-16-2009, 07:46 AM
"what a drag...: shika.

Toma RNK
07-16-2009, 07:49 AM
"You jackass, were you born stupid or did you just grow that way?!" -Ukyo from Ranma 1/2

Soccer Ninja 21
07-16-2009, 07:52 AM
I that's a pretty funny one, Toma. I have one more before I go. This isn't manga but I'll let it slide.

"Paul Blart is not a badass...*mall explodes in back round*" - paul blart: mall cop

I was just watching that with my little cuzins and tthougt it was amusing. Peace. Out.

Fan of Minato
07-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Such a drag,-Shikamaru Nara, Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.

Soccer Ninja 21
07-16-2009, 10:52 AM
If the world were a millstone...we'd be the grist. There's nothing we can do. -Ichigo, Bleach

DragonAngel
07-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Sage and SRhyse are both Viz employees. They spend their days in San Fran, Ca, filling our lives with joy.

At night, Sage Mode runs a brothel of Vampires and has 200 virgins tied up in a dungeon, most of whom work at Viz.

SRhyse flies to Japan every Thursday and continues to search for the Hidden Leaf Village in alleyways and under people's cars. We just let him think he's getting close.

Lightning Chakra is a ninja. Legit and true. Dont even discuss him, we've said too much.

VIZ Admin is the Iron Fist of Naruto. He is the punisher, the Judge, and the guy who handles all the things that Sage and Riceball are too nice to do. If you even look at him wrong, he will ban you, your mother, your brother, and your dog. Tread lightly.
That just cracks me up XD

Soccer Ninja 21
07-16-2009, 11:03 AM
That is the best quote IN THE WORLD.

jounin
07-16-2009, 11:17 AM
so i think its about time for us to step up,no?
to switch from being the imparted and become the imparter
its a bother for sure but whe cant keep complaining.
Shikamaru

I like it because it shows that shikamaru has matured

Soccer Ninja 21
07-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Yes, I like how he stopped being a kid and did mature.

SageNaruto69
07-16-2009, 02:54 PM
ill do anything to save a friend - naruto

Soccer Ninja 21
07-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Give Gaara back. -naruto.

shinobi4000
07-17-2009, 07:37 AM
"Weaklings will stay weak forever. But weakness is not evil, since human beings are weak creatures to begin with. Alone, you feel nothing but insecurity; that's why we form guilds, that's why we have nakama. We walk together in order to live a strong life. The clumsy ones will walk into more walls than the others, and it may also take them longer to get there. If you believe in tomorrow and put yourself out there, you can naturally obtain your strength. That's how you will be able to smile and live strong." ~Makarov, Fairy Tail~

"Sasuke, I always knew you were alone. In the beginning I was glad because I thought you were like me - I wanted to talk to you! But you... didn't speak. You always had everyone watching you. You could do everything and we were too different. So I decided that you would become my rival. I didn't want to lose because I was called a loser all the time. Even when we became Team 7, I still thought this way. I always tried to lie but... but the truth is... I always wanted to be like you. I aspired to be like you. Because of that... I was glad that you wanted to fight me."
~Naruto (Naruto Uzumaki)~

"Where the leaves dance, fire burns. The shadow of the fire will flash over the village... and the leaves will grow once again." ~Naruto (Third Hokage)~

"Those in the ninja world who break the rules and regulations are called trash,... but those who don't care about their companions are even worse trash." ~Naruto (Obito Uchiha)~

"Man decided what normality was. One's value are for oneself to decide.
See with your own eyes, and think for yourself." ~Saber Marionette J~

Risking my life and throwing it away, are two very different things" ~Death Note~

"If only I had the power back then, if only I can get a hold of such power...
Anyone who has cried over his lack of power feels that way, I think.
But from the time you take that power into your hand,
you'll become the one who will make others cry." ~Gundam Seed Destiny~

Soccer Ninja 21
07-17-2009, 08:52 AM
WOw those are all very good.

Raven Uchiha
07-17-2009, 09:13 AM
"It's not like your going to get stronger over night like the main character of some novel."-Kakashi

Soccer Ninja 21
07-17-2009, 09:19 AM
there goes kakashi reading again!^^

YellowFlash
07-30-2009, 06:39 AM
These are my favorite quotes, sorry there are so many.

-Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

-I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
Abraham Lincoln

-The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.
Abraham Lincoln

-Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world
Albert Hinstein

-Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting
Elizabeth Bibesco

-We must be the change we wish to see.
Gandhi

-When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us
Helen Keller

-In this world it is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich.
Henry Ward Beecher

-It is the heart that makes a man rich. He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has.
Henry Ward Beecher

-It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
J.K. Rowling

-A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

-Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

-if you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost.
Zig Ziglar

-People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.
Zig Ziglar

- Remember that failure is an event, not a person.
Zig Ziglar

Soccer Ninja 21
07-30-2009, 06:49 AM
wow thats alot of quotes! Awesome really. I like quotes.

Sasquatchistan
07-30-2009, 11:42 AM
SHUT THE ;%@* UP! -Gamabunta

Yoshi-Chan
07-30-2009, 11:45 AM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss70/mango-star/Inspirational/inspirationvisualtextwordsdesignfee.jpg < best quote ever

Yoruichi
07-30-2009, 10:10 PM
You will attone with death... Shunko!!! ~Soi Fon

Be careful Soi Fon even I can't control this technique very well ~Yoruichi

Flash Master Yoruichi... That's not a real title. But since you claim it, you leave me no choice... but to rip it from you with my own bare hands!~Soi Fon

You never ask for whom the bell tolls because it tolls for thee ~Kin

Shunko!!! ~Yoruichi & Soi Fon

Snap Tobiume! ggyyyaaaahhhh!!!! ~Momo Hinamori

Raise your head Wabisuke!!! ~Izuru

Burn in H*ll... Bankai, Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō ~Komamura

Come, Zaraki! Time for the killing you love so much! ~Komamura

Showing your back to the enemy and running away isn't much of a strategy, is it? I suppose you're running to buy yourself time, but it's useless! Wanna know why? Before it was perfected, my Homonka used to disappear after a while, but now it lasts forever! ~Soi Fon

If you see your allies losing, that's your chance. Don't step between them. Take the enemy down from behind. And if the enemy is so strong you can't even do that, then just watch your ally be killed. That's what it means to be Onmitsukidō ~Soi Fon

Those are all I can think of now ( I might add more :mrgreen: ) and yeah I love to use them in real life :D

Shkin
07-31-2009, 12:04 AM
sometimes i use them...:roll:

Naruko-chan
07-31-2009, 12:07 AM
The ones in my siggy! ^^ Especially "Yea, I'm not feeling so good, my leg is haunted." from Gilmore Girls. :p

Anbu-Phoenix
08-11-2009, 11:18 PM
The second the mods left Banshee would come back and cuss uncontrollably, And Vidda would have a heart attack. TBC would get drunk and start singing Journey.
Toma would eat a tomato and watch. itachi/madara would make dirty puns in till the thread crashes. People would start randomly posting naked women and men would go nuts, and women would leave and never come back. Luna would fall asleep. Kibafan321 would spam so much the forum would crash. Then when they get back the forum would be in utter chaos, and the only thing that SRhyse would have to say is I FOUND THE HIDDEN LEAF VILLAGE!!! It was in a mushroom patch-Me

Shadows of Darkness
08-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I always use things by Naruto characters... lol

Konoha'sGreenThunder
08-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I'll take a potato chip...and eat it!-Light

Phenom
08-12-2009, 12:38 AM

~Naruto (Itachi)

"One guy's killed for killing another and then he's killed for killing him. How is that kind of twisted thinking ever going to bring peace?"

~ Gundam Seed (Cagali)

"Anyone who has ever wept because they felt weak or powerless has always had those kings of thoughts. Oh, yes. But the moment you acquire all that power you dreamt of, you become the one who causes others to weap tears of loss. Never forget that."

~ Gundam Seed Destiny (Athrun Zala)

"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality."

~ Tales of Symphonia 2 (Richter)

Can't think of anymore.

Chromekatana
08-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Two of the best quotes ever...(Note,I did copy and paste them from someone's sig,well two people,because it was alot easier to do...)

Kamina: Whether impossible or laughable, we continue to walk the path of men!
Simon: When there's a wall in our way, we'll smash it down! If there isn't a path, we'll carve one ourselves!
Both: The magma of our soul burns with a shining flame! Super Ultra Combining -- Gurren Lagann!!
Simon: Just who...!
Kamina: In the hell...!
Both: DO YOU THINK WE ARE!? (Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan)

Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself. ~ Kamina (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Best. Quotes. Ever.

Chidori Spear
08-12-2009, 01:41 AM
I sometimes say words in japanese and people around me say, "What did you say?"

Sasuke
08-12-2009, 01:49 AM
I sometimes say words in japanese and people around me say, "What did you say?"

Same thing happens with me :lol:

sasukeschidori
08-12-2009, 02:19 AM
I can see!
-sasuke

Soccer Ninja 21
08-12-2009, 07:00 AM
I like so many qoutes i cant name them all.

Nemico
08-12-2009, 07:01 AM
The thought hadnt crossed my mind
but i would i used my signature one except take out the ninja word...

Soccer Ninja 21
08-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Wanna get some ramen, Naruto? -Iruka

Its cool when naruto slurps his ramen.

Chromekatana
08-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Shut up. You greedy Bi;););).~Ribbons Almark.(Mobile Suit Gundam 00)

Densetsu_no_D
08-12-2009, 07:19 PM
"Just as Kakashi and I were beginning to get along... I just couldn't tell Rin... that I loved her... I wish... I could've spent more time... with everyone..." -Obito

I heard this one recently and couldn't stop thinking about it....

Soccer Ninja 21
08-13-2009, 08:06 AM
That one was so sad I almost cryed!

Densetsu_no_D
08-13-2009, 10:36 AM
That one was so sad I almost cryed!

I can tell u i choked up hearing that, such a moving scene....

I got another one..."All those who see me go straight to Hell...." -Duo Maxwell

Sasuke726
08-13-2009, 10:40 AM
"this is such a drag" sikamaru

"how" is wat everyone in Naruto says when they r defeated usually

Soccer Ninja 21
08-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Thats cuz all the stuck up peple think they cant be beat xD

SaiyoichiUchiha
08-13-2009, 02:35 PM
only sometimes when they are needed wanted or necessary sp?

Soccer Ninja 21
08-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Huh? Well, I gtg to soccer camp so peace!

FlippedMyLid
08-30-2009, 05:36 PM
"Naruto ... sometimes your eyes are better than mine."

"Because Naruto ... you saved me from the darkness."

"Sasuke's out there right now, heading toward Orochimaru. We can't allow such evil to take someone from our village ... that is not our way."

All Neji quotes. C:

Malak
08-30-2009, 05:44 PM
this one is just mine:

''What we do in life, echoes in eternity''

deidara330
08-30-2009, 06:06 PM
"Cower in awe!! Recoil in despair!! Cry your heart out!! Because my art... IS AN EXPLOSION!!!"
~ Deidara, Naruto

deidara330
08-30-2009, 06:13 PM
"If you want to ridicule me as a brat swayed by his emotions, go ahead. To accept an adopt Itachi's intention would be childish. The foolish sputtering of those who don't know hatred. If anyone who would disparage my way of living were to come forward, I'd kill their loved ones left and right! So that they too could grasp what it's like... to experience this hatred of mine."
~Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto

Soccer Ninja 21
08-31-2009, 07:27 AM
Good one, but for some reason i dislike sasuke quotes.

zerosameri
08-31-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm really pi**ed off right now - Sasuke (i'm reallt found of this one. lol)

I'll take a potato chip ... and eat it! - Light (this one it just to funny)

Soccer Ninja 21
08-31-2009, 10:39 AM
lol I love deathnote.

deidara330
12-26-2009, 02:54 PM
"Good morning, Espadas. We've been invaded. But first, some tea." ~ Sosuke Aizen, Bleach.

This quote is so insanely ridiculous and epic at the same time.

Soccer Ninja 21
12-26-2009, 02:56 PM
I know, it's very ironic.

Shinji, Bleach - Nice isn't it? But you can't have it.

Just sounds so childish. Like this is my cookie, you can't have it.

NarutoxSakura4ever
12-26-2009, 02:58 PM
One of my favs,

"Those who break the rules are scum. But those who abandon their friends are worse scum." ~ Kakashi

Soccer Ninja 21
12-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Another on of my favs. [Even though it insults Gin, my fav character]

[Ichigo at Gin] You friggin' a** clown!..... [the quotes goes on]
[Gin at Ichigo] Oh, you're funny...and you aren't scared of me... [same]

i_love_kakashi
12-26-2009, 03:02 PM
"A gross fellow as always, puking stuff out of his mouth. -Zetsu"

He was talking about Orochimaru lol
Also it's in my siggy

Soccer Ninja 21
12-26-2009, 03:03 PM
lol, thats a good one.

I like all Gin quotes.

NarutoxSakura4ever
12-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I also like,

"How could I ever become hokage, if I can't even save one friend?" ~ Naruto

deidara330
12-26-2009, 03:06 PM
This is a long quote.

"All creatures want to believe in something bigger than themselves. They cannot live without blind obedience. And to escape the pressure of that trust, those in whom faith is placed in turn look for someone higher than themselves. And then those people in turn look for someone even stronger. That is how all kings are born. That is how all gods are born." ~ Sosuke Aizen, Bleach.

Soccer Ninja 21
12-26-2009, 03:07 PM
That is one of my favorite Aizen quotes. Of all time.

Chibi Shika Fangirl
12-26-2009, 03:11 PM
"What's gonna happen to me now? Just tell me that. Nothing else really matters anymore" ~Roxas KH2

Soccer Ninja 21
12-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Never heard of it...

trouble88
12-26-2009, 03:24 PM
I never go back on my words and I never give up I won't run I don't care if I end up a genin for the rest of my life I will be hokage someday
naruto vol 5

that my fav as well

Soccer Ninja 21
12-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Very cool. I pefer Bleach quotes over Naruto quotes.

L_Lawliet
12-26-2009, 09:04 PM
"The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in, but I know deep down there is a light that never goes out!" - Sora KH1

and

"Got it memorized?" - Axel

Podholic
12-28-2009, 01:09 PM
My favourite quote is Shikamaru's "what a drag". It's so easy to use because some
things in life really are a drag.

RockyL
12-28-2009, 02:52 PM
"A genius, huh? What does that mean? 'Genius'? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji ... but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way!"-Lee

that is quite possibly my favorite quote of all time from Naruto.

10-tailedfox
12-28-2009, 02:54 PM
......i want to be like him-Garra

lol he so cute^.^:cool:

Akatsuki X
12-28-2009, 07:16 PM
mine is actually by Zetsu
this is the version that I saw was an elongated version of the original quote
"sometimes when you are alone, by yourself in a cold, dark place with no-one to turn too...."sometimes you can be your own savior, sometimes all you have is yourself"

deidara330
12-28-2009, 07:41 PM
"I feel as if someone is behind all this conspiracy." ~ Sosuke Aizen, Bleach. He says this to Renji about Rukia recieving such a severe punishment, but it's such an ironic quote since the person behind it all was himself. You can't really grasp the true meaning of the quote until after you find out he's the reason for her execution.

Kenshin Mizoguchi
12-28-2009, 08:08 PM
The one in my signature. xD

Parak111
12-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Yes,sometimes. I've used Itachi's "You're weak..." quote, and Naruto's
"Protect that, which you cherish the most" quote.

Inazuma
12-29-2009, 10:24 AM
"You think you get, but that's not the same thing as actually getting it. Get it?"-Kakashi I think that's the quote, I forget. I have others, but I'm too lazy to post them.

9naruto
12-29-2009, 10:29 AM
"He's scared to let people to close and then fail and dissapoint them. Thats why he has abondoned himself from everyone else. He needs to let people in more so he can find that perfect distance so no matter what they wont be dissapointed." -Misato Katsuragi (Evangelion 1:01 you are (not) alone)