PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Suggest Subbing the Intro and Closing Songs

Spartan1390
04-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I really miss being able to enjoy the intro song.

04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Me too :( :(

Toma RNK
04-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Agreed. Karaoke style would be best but even traditional subs for opening and endings would be appreciated for those of us who got spoiled.

Leaf Shinobi
04-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Subbing?

I dont see a need, I like the visual look of them.

--
Sage Mode - Moderator's Note: Edited for mention of fansubs.
--

Sage Mode
04-02-2009, 06:12 PM
I think the reasoning behind it was something along the lines of Leaf Shinobi's comment: wanting the viewers to see the credits and awesome visuals without being bogged down by the subtitles. I can try to get an official explanation though.

Toma RNK
04-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Firstly, 99% of your viewers can't read the credits as most people here do not speak japanese nor do they read kanji so that part of the reasoning is a bit off.

The lyrics to many naruto songs, particularly "closer" and "Kanashimi wo yasashisa ni" do convey a message and is part of the artistry of the opening theme in my opinion as well as setting a tone for how that arc of the story. I do however see your point about simply enjoying the visuals, but I usually enjoy both at the same time. Then again I admit I have watched way more subtitled material than your average viewer so my perspective may not be that of your average viewer.

JediJaina
04-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Maybe they can do both. I actually would like to have the music subbed and/or actual lyrics to the songs.

SRhyse
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I don't know if I'm suppose to say this, but the honest truth for why we didn't is that-

We wanted to get the episodes out to you guys as soon as we could; things related to songs and lyrics take a little longer to put together, so we passed on it for the ones that aired. There isn't a super secret reason for why we didn't that you'd find interesting, we just didn't want to make you wait any longer.

Rest assured, however, they'll be translated and all that on the DVDs.

I also don't see how I can get in trouble for saying this at the moment, so you can take this as The Official Viz Word on it.

And personally, I speak Japanese and agree with tomarnk on the Naruto song lyrics, as well as most Japanese Pop music. I love it and listen to it, but what they're actually saying in the lyrics tends to be disappointing.

If there is something cool in the song, they usually say it in English, even if it's as simple as "GO! GO!" ;).

ReverendSID
05-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Okay, so it's been awhile since anyone posted in this thread, but since I created an account specifically to suggest this, I see no need to start a new one. :) Maybe I have been "spoiled" but I really hate not having the songs subbed. Karaoke is cool, but it's not necessary. I just wanna know what they're saying. Admittedly I hate the current opening and ending, both the songs and animation (I know Viz has nothing to do with that end of it) but even still it just feels wrong to me when I'm watching it and it's not subbed. I understand that it would add some time to the process but it would be (at least by me) greatly appreciated. It was actually the most pleasant surprise when I bought the Bleach DVDs and found the songs subbed.

Oh, and one more little thing unrelated to the opening and ending songs. Could you guys maybe stop switching names around? For some reason it annoys me to hear a voice say Hatake Kakashi while reading the subs say Kakashi Hatake... *shrug* Pet peeve I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the work, and I look forward to the DVD releases... whenever they are.

*ichigorukiafan*
05-07-2009, 12:18 PM
we really do need to have the intro and ending subbed! ppl online subb it, so y can't viz subb it? :( its kinda frustrating. please subb it!

shinobi4000
05-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I think the reasoning behind it was something along the lines of Leaf Shinobi's comment: wanting the viewers to see the credits and awesome visuals without being bogged down by the subtitles. I can try to get an official explanation though.

But wouldn't getting the official explanation, like I don't know, like hard or somethin?

seannfma
05-07-2009, 01:06 PM

But wouldn't getting the official explanation, like I don't know, like hard or somethin?
Prolly to lazy :roll:

Sage Mode
05-07-2009, 03:55 PM

Prolly to lazy :roll:
I'm not sure I really understand this exchange here. But we had to wait on actually getting an official answer for a couple weeks. People are busy, not lazy. :roll:

Anyway, they'll be on the DVDs, if you're still wondering.

*ichigorukiafan*
05-07-2009, 04:09 PM
but Sage Mode, will they ever be on this website subbed??

Sage Mode
05-07-2009, 06:43 PM
but Sage Mode, will they ever be on this website subbed??
No, unfortunately they won't.

deidara330
05-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I think they sound cooler when you don't know what they're saying.