PDA

View Full Version : This is so messed up

Jinchiruuki
10-07-2009, 12:40 PM
So I saw this newsletter my friend printed out from a long time ago for a project. It was about this guy who, in broad daylight, began assaulting his girlfriend and stabbing her in the neck with a small blade. In the newsletter it showed a link to a witnesses video and it shows like 7 people just freaking standing there not doing anything to help this poor woman. Eventually some guy with some actual courage and dignity walked up and started beating the crap out of the guy and subdued him as the girlfriend was pulled away by others so they could care for her wounds. She was stabbed over 40 something times....the video itself is like 2 minutes long and it starts off what seems like the middle of the brutal attack. Which means for at least 5+ min, people just stared at them in broad freaking daylight on a sidewalk as this continued.

Now reason I post this here would be this. If you saw someone doing that, or saw a stranger with a gun pointed to their face, or in fact just some random person staring death in the face would you actually save them? Would you risk your life for someone who you have never known? I honestly for one didn't have to think about this because I know I would since I have done it before. But it sickens me to watch as 6 men stood around this sick, twisted individual as he continued to stab this woman who was his girlfriend. So what would you do? And be honest, don't be like "Yeah i would do it" just to sound brave or heroic. This is you possibly dying for that random person. And explain your choice too, whether you would or not give reasons.

The Demon Zabuza
10-07-2009, 12:43 PM
It depends how pre-occupied they are.

If they were really attacking someone, and wouldn't notice me smacking them, probably. But I don't know if there was a chance of them attacking me.

Uchiha master
10-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I'd probably $#!t in my pants but if there was anything I could do to help I would,I don't know why it's just the way I have always been

Hockey Otaku
10-07-2009, 12:45 PM
If I could inconspiciously attack from behind, maybe I would. If I was a grown man I'm almost certain I would. But the truth is, a 14 year old girl, even if her life's amibition is to beat the crap out of somebody, doesn't really stand a chance in a fight with a fully grown man.

Jinchiruuki
10-07-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd probably $#!t in my pants but if there was anything I could do to help I would,I don't know why it's just the way I have always been

Rep up for honesty thank you

Jinchiruuki
10-07-2009, 12:47 PM
It depends how pre-occupied they are.

If they were really attacking someone, and wouldn't notice me smacking them, probably. But I don't know if there was a chance of them attacking me.

I respect that response as well TDZ rep up

ByakuganMaster024
10-07-2009, 01:44 PM
If I was by myself then I'm not really sure what I'd do. I'd probably be scared out of my mind but I think I would end up doing something to help because I wouldn't want to be like the people in the situation you described who just stood there watching the whole time.

SRhyse
10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I tend to jump in and try to save people with reckless disregard, despite acknowledging that it's not that best idea :lol:.

For me, honestly, it's mainly out of stupidity and ignorance, coupled with high appraisal of ability. I usually don't consider the consequences thoroughly in those situations if it's something that requires immediate action with high return, like saving life, etc. I also tend to assume I'm invincible by default, and the worst that could happen could always be undone; I'm not saying I think this is true, just that it's what I think when I'm thinking in the form of doing :lol:. It tends to work out for me because those situations that come up usually tend to involve people, and whoever keeps the coolest head in them tends to be the 'victor,' so I excel at it. But it could just as easily not work out for me one'a these days.

Might be years of being raised on anime and entertainment gone right or wrong, depending on how you look at it. Just imagine Kamina charging and that's basically me, for better and worse :lol:.

Uchiha master
10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Rep up for honesty thank you
your welcome

Jinchiruuki
10-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I tend to jump in and try to save people with reckless disregard, despite acknowledging that it's not that best idea :lol:.

For me, honestly, it's mainly out of stupidity and ignorance, coupled with high appraisal of ability. I usually don't consider the consequences thoroughly in those situations if it's something that requires immediate action with high return, like saving life, etc. I also tend to assume I'm invincible by default, and the worst that could happen could always be undone; I'm not saying I think this is true, just that it's what I think when I'm thinking in the form of doing :lol:. It tends to work out for me because those situations that come up usually tend to involve people, and whoever keeps the coolest head in them tends to be the 'victor,' so I excel at it. But it could just as easily not work out for me one'a these days.

Might be years of being raised on anime and entertainment gone right or wrong, depending on how you look at it. Just imagine Kamina charging and that's basically me, for better and worse :lol:.

I have a lot of respect for that answer Ty SRhyse. I am almost the same as you in that sense.

Brain Picker
10-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I think it's due to the 'eh, it's none of my business' mentality running rampant these days.

OnyxBlossom
10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Well, honestly, if I were behind (as in him not seeing me) the said attacker, then I probably would. But let's be realistic, the chances of a 13 year old actually being able to attack a grown man is very teeny.

Sasori_X
10-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Sorry, I maybe one of those people doing nothing. First off its already a shocker seeing someone stabbing a person out in the open. Secondly, guess you can call me selfish, but I will think at the moment wants in it for me. Is there a win situation in this? I mean if I go in and help the person getting stabbed, the guy might turn around and kills me as well.... yeah there goes my pathetic life. If I can somehow sneak up on the guy and get a good hit at him then maybe yes.

Overall if depends on the situation, but from this situation.... unless I'm armed with a weapon or something, I maybe one of those people that you hate TC. Sorry, just don't got the back bone to do it. Heck, I'm being honest on this one.

kentaru
10-25-2009, 11:50 PM
yes, i would because im not important. i dont matter, if i deid people wouldnt care so yes i would risk my life to save someone and wouldnt hesitate if it was like that i would out of instict, run up to the guy and tackle him then repeadetly punch him in the face or atleast die trying

Ace adventurer
10-26-2009, 06:17 AM
that is messd up

ItachiAnbu
10-26-2009, 09:45 AM
I don't think we should put the ends before the means. How would I subdue this person? If I had something like a chair, or a knife on hand, it's possible that I could do it. It would need to be something fairly heavy, or something large and sharp.

Also, if I knew the assaulter, I'd probably have a pretty good idea of whether or not they'd kill someone. And if I knew the assaultee, I'd probably know just how much damage they could take from their assaulter.

On the other hand, the law looks down on people who attack others in the defense of someone they don't know, or even someone not related to them. I'm not sure if I could win the resulting trial when the question of why I attacked this person came up. So that's why I might stay out of it.

Could I save them in some other way? Again, if I knew they assaulter, I might be able to persuade them to stop, or at least direct their attention at me. I'd be scared, but I know that's the best thing to do.

Additionally, if the assaultee was a woman, particularly a woman I knew and liked, I'd be so angry I'd jump past reason and probably just attack the assaulter outright. Anyone who knows me well knows I can't stand it when women are mistreated, so me attacking him, and maybe killing him on accident is a probable outcome.

On the other hand, it's also possible that that he could just kill me, or hurt me severly, and even though that's a reality I'd rather not face, it's very probable. So I'm not sure what I would do, and it really depends on the circumstance.

Amaterasu-4514
10-26-2009, 09:54 AM
yes, i would because im not important. i dont matter, if i deid people wouldnt care so yes i would risk my life to save someone and wouldnt hesitate if it was like that i would out of instict, run up to the guy and tackle him then repeadetly punch him in the face or atleast die trying

I feel the same way and your answer is the absolute same as mine. Sadly, it's also true about me... no person would care or even notice that i was gone...

Other lives are more important than my own.. ^_^

Wismical
10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
COOKIES!

Hmm...
Like others have said, it depends on the situation.
It makes you wonder if the bystanders even had the decency to call the police.
I'm only 17, so there's not much I could do, but...
I suppose I would at least try.
There's no sense in letting someone die "just because".

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/340/d/a/FREE_chocolate_cookie_avatar_by_cremecake.gif

GaaraoftheSand13
10-26-2009, 02:58 PM
I'd be scared out of my mind. If there was anything I could help with, I would, but being a 13 year old girl who's been weakened by a sickness, I really couldn't do much attacking. I could call the police/ ambulance, and treat the wounds until they arrived there, but I'm not sure what else i could do.

Ace adventurer
10-26-2009, 03:01 PM
why would a gf assault their boyfriend. I seen gf get mad but that... yeesh. I might never have a gf in my life [maybe]

sasu_girl
10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
sasu wuld be terrified. but she wuld ask som1 ta call da police az she goz n triez ta help da poor individual. i wuld take som time to muster up da courage, but i wuld help w/ da knolage dat she wuld be 4eva guilty if she didn't.

Excalibur
10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, I definately would not go running at the attacker like a wild Banshi without even thinking about the situation first. I would obviously first call the police or ambulance and try to stall as much as I could until they came. If there was something close by I could use as a weapon, then I'd go and try to help.

why would a gf assault their boyfriend. I seen gf get mad but that... yeesh. I might never have a gf in my life [maybe]
Um, it was the other way around.

Cupcake
10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
It would depend greatly. I would try to help someone if they were getting attacked with a knife or a car was coming towards them that they couldn't see but I could or something.
But I'm also not insane either. If someone had a gun pointed at another person I would hike it out of there immediately. And I can't forget that I'm only 5 feet tall. I'm not weak and I would be a hell of a good distraction but I wouldn't be able to keep it up for long if the person was larger than me.
I would of course defend my loved ones with my life no matter what though. So yeah, it depends.

Deidei59
10-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Well, it makes me think about the chick that got gang raped out in public, and a whole bunch of people did nothing. The way they found out about it? A chick called the cops after hearing people laughing about it.

The world and the people in it are just cruel animals. We are all animals. 'Dog eat dog world' I think would be a good term... Eh, anyway, there isn't really a lot you can do except stop, stare, and wonder how the world could be this messed up.

Rotate
10-27-2009, 05:47 PM
If it was a fight, then yes. If it was like jumping off a building to save someone, my answer would be no.

yondaime
10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Maybe the people that were watching were with the guy.

deidara330
10-27-2009, 06:48 PM
This whole situation depends entirely on certain things. If a stabbing had involved a gang, I wouldn't want to get into that. If it was just like the Boyfriend stabbing his girlfriend, I wouldn't know WTH was going on or even if this was just a psycho dude randomly stabbing people. Besides, I understand my own physical limitations. If I rushed in recklessly and got myself wounded, it would make me look super-stupid. I would at least have the common sense to call the police if I myself couldn't break it up. It's not like I would come rushing in to save the day like some brave hero. Those people were probably just so stunned they couldn't do anything. I know I've never been faced with a real-life situation such as that and probably would be shocked for several moments, then call the police. Just to sum it up, in order of things I WOULD do:

1. Call the police.
2. Ignore it/Run away.
3. Break it up myself.

Sasuke
10-27-2009, 07:01 PM
It depends on the situation, if it was serious I wouldn't think and just go on action alone, so i would have a stupid moment and run up to the him so that I could try to stop the assaulter but then I probably would end up dead, but if it wasn't as serious I would take my time and think of my options, then act.

Hidan
10-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Well, it would depend what the situation is and who it was, if it was a loved one I would not stop until that person was stopped, literally, I have been damaged so much that I just endure the pain everyday, I can pretty much endure anything (Doctors are really surprised that I was able to move fine after my body got all tattered up)so no matter what I would stop them, and as well if it were a loved one getting hurt (And whenever I get seriously hurt by others) I get into an unimaginably furry as told by my brother and friends (They call it my Kyuubi Transformation)[note, that this has only happened twice I think and I think it occurs because I am usually a happy persona and I never really get angry or anything so it is all bottled up inside], I don't really remember anything during that time and my body feels numb, besides that if it were a loved one I would probably intervene immediately without thinking.

If it were a stranger I would call for help but once more people came in I would join in to save him/her. I would want to stop the fight r what ever it is but remember, it depends on the situation, and there really isn't much more to say.

Sabra Kusabana
11-01-2009, 01:11 AM
I think I've finally realized what it is destroying our society today... People are too numb and used to this sort of thing, and those who aren't numb are either too scared or don't care enough to do anything about it. We no longer care for our fellow man, don't say I'm wrong, because if you look close there's no denying it.

I can't say what I'd do in this situation because I haven't been faced with it. I can say what I like to tell myself I'd do, but that might not be the truth if it ever happens. I can say for sure what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't just stand there. What would I do instead? I can't be sure. It'd probly depend on who was with me and how responcible I felt for them. If my baby brother was with me, I'd scoop him up and flee. If I was with an adult I'd probly make sure they would be safe and step in if I thought I could help.

If nothing else I'd call for help.

But ya know what? I won't know what would happen until I'm faced with it. For all I know it could be like the perverbial train-wreck, where I end up too shocked to do anything. I like to say I'd help, but I just don't know.