PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: So i got an idea for the site...

TheGreatHIV
04-02-2009, 09:11 AM
hows about putting a profile ( notes )
and let us put our own picture of ourselfs?
u guys should get examples or rip off ideas from
www.d2jsp.org (http://www.d2jsp.org)
www.myspace.com (http://www.myspace.com)
and also a shout box mite be nice 2....

but yeah i want ppl to see how handsome im and make em hate

the picture thing would b an idea :?:

and if some other guy already posted this 2 bad idint bother reading dont hate on the topic

Sage Mode
04-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!

Regarding the profile pictures, we're not allowing people to upload their own pictures because, unfortunately for legal reasons, we want to avoid fan art on the site, which would inevitably happen if people had free reign with their avatars.

Leaf Shinobi
04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Fan Art is illegal?

Sage Mode
04-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Well, technically, yeah. There are copyright issues that we can't mess with.

Toma RNK
04-03-2009, 05:40 AM
From what I (as someone who does not work at viz) understand, the problem with any copyrighted work is you cannot selectively enforce it.

That means things like fanart, fanfic, fansus. need to be all or nothing. Either viz has to say "no fanart" or say "fanart is fine in every way shape and form and we waive all legal rights to go after anyone who does anything at all with fanart."

This is of course dangerous because then someone could do something dumb, offensve, inappropriate, or try to make money off the fanart, and viz could do nothing.

It is a real crappy situation as I am sure viz loves fanart, fanfics, and just about anything the fans do.

lj0615
04-05-2009, 10:30 AM
we should add yes your own avatar including the ones they provide they should keep and we should add more groups and ranks like you start off at the ninja academy and then the number of posts you have works your way up to genin,chunin,and,jonin and the monitors and administrators should be the kages.the group your in should depend on your rank and we should add villages you belong to it make the website much better.more of the naruto avatar characters. :mrgreen:

SRhyse
04-05-2009, 11:37 AM
we should add yes your own avatar including the ones they provide they should keep and we should add more groups and ranks like you start off at the ninja academy and then the number of posts you have works your way up to genin,chunin,and,jonin and the monitors and administrators should be the kages.the group your in should depend on your rank and we should add villages you belong to it make the website much better.more of the naruto avatar characters. :mrgreen:
I'm starting a beta test on those kind of things as we speak; fingers crossed ;).

Naruto
04-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Already has started to begun like SRhyse said but can take a while.