PDA

View Full Version : Minor update to forum rules. READ

Toma RNK
10-01-2009, 12:41 PM
4. Spam

As Weird Al once sang, it "makes a darn good sandwich any way you slice it," but it's not groovy on a discussion thread. Keep it out of the forum. Same goes for links to any illegal warez or materials, or spam advertisements in forum signatures. Any such postings will result in immediate banning of the user.

Note, the red text was added.

While not a major update, and more a clarifications, be aware that putting advertising links in your sig is the same as spamming the forums with ads.

You can still have links to websites (assuming the site is appropriate and doesn't have Viz-related fan art). All that stuff is still cool, but any link dedicated to selling stuff, is not cool.

This shouldn't be new info to anyone, but I like keeping people aware of changes in the rules.

Carry on.

RockLeesFutureWife
10-01-2009, 12:56 PM
This is most likely a dumb question but oh well. ^^
Is it okay for me to keep the link to my theme song in my sig.?
Since you did not mention anything about youtube videos, I wanted to double check. ^^
(It is okay if I post here...right? O_O)

assassin
10-01-2009, 01:02 PM
got it

nexthokage
10-01-2009, 01:16 PM
thanks toma i got it

Toma RNK
10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
This is most likely a dumb question but oh well. ^^
Is it okay for me to keep the link to my theme song in my sig.?
Since you did not mention anything about youtube videos, I wanted to double check. ^^
(It is okay if I post here...right? O_O)

That's fine. If your youtube vid was a clip of nauto that would be a problem, but that has ALWAYS been an issue.

This is about advertisements in signatures.

RockLeesFutureWife
10-01-2009, 03:22 PM
That's fine. If your youtube vid was a clip of nauto that would be a problem, but that has ALWAYS been an issue.

This is about advertisements in signatures.
Okay, Thank you bunches Toma. ^^
And for a sec. I thought youtube vids. would count as spam, so that's why I asked. ^^

kzilla2000
10-01-2009, 04:04 PM
4. Spam

As Weird Al once sang, it "makes a darn good sandwich any way you slice it," but it's not groovy on a discussion thread. Keep it out of the forum. Same goes for links to any illegal warez or materials, or spam advertisements in forum signatures. Any such postings will result in immediate banning of the user.

While not a major update, and more a clarifications, be aware that putting advertising links in your sig is the same as spamming the forums with ads.

You can still have links to personal stuff like your myspace, or your deviantart (assuming your devianart isn't dedicated to fanart of viz properties. All that stuff is still cool, but links to a websit or ad dedicated to selling stuff, is not cool.

This shouldn't be new info to anyone, but I like keeping people aware of changes in the rules.

Carry on.

lol this probubly wont effect me in any way *carries on*

FujimotoErin
10-01-2009, 05:17 PM
it's spam to have naruto related vids on your sig? T.T Sasuke can't dance anymore then?

Kuroda Taishi
10-01-2009, 05:29 PM
it's spam to have naruto related vids on your sig? T.T Sasuke can't dance anymore then?

It is not spam, but it is illegal. As Toma stated earlier you cannot have links to naruto stuff.

mangagirl
10-01-2009, 05:34 PM
thanks toma!

FujimotoErin
10-01-2009, 05:49 PM
It is not spam, but it is illegal. As Toma stated earlier you cannot have links to naruto stuff.

im not sure if i care if it's illegal.. but i suppose i should get rid of it anyway.

RockLeesFutureWife
10-01-2009, 05:55 PM
im not sure if i care if it's illegal.. but i suppose i should get rid of it anyway.
Well having an illegal link could get you banned, honey. So you should care. ^^
P.S. You might wanna take the link out now.

UzumakiRLP
10-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Toma. Quick question (and it may be stupid too) but if you put anything that relates to products you can buy into your sig (ex.: GTX280 and Core i7 FTW!!!)

You see where that I mention GTX 280 and Core i7 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 and Intel Core i7). I'm wondering, is that advertising? sorry about the long explanation.

Cursed_Sage
10-01-2009, 06:38 PM
What about a link to my RP site?(an idea I never considered until now)

Sage Mode
10-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Toma. Quick question (and it may be stupid too) but if you put anything that relates to products you can buy into your sig (ex.: GTX280 and Core i7 FTW!!!)

You see where that I mention GTX 280 and Core i7 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 and Intel Core i7). I'm wondering, is that advertising? sorry about the long explanation.

That's fine. This is mainly in light of spammers who have spam in their signature instead of posting spam in a message.

What about a link to my RP site?(an idea I never considered until now)

It depends on what kind of RP you're talking about. If the RP is of any Viz characters, then unfortunately you can't link that.

madara'
10-01-2009, 06:49 PM
4. Spam

You can still have links to websites (assuming the site is appropriate and doesn't have Viz-related fan art). All that stuff is still cool, but any link dedicated to selling stuff, is not cool.

Carry on.

That's a terrific Idea.

evil buzzard
10-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Is the youtube viddeo a ad I should take out?(in sigy)

Sage Mode
10-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Is the youtube viddeo a ad I should take out?(in sigy)

That's fine. Please see my above response.