PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3: ODST

Superwes Reborn
09-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Should I get it? I'm already busy getting KH 358/2 days and Jump Ultimate Stars. And I'm playing M&L:Bowsers Inside story. I'll have no time or money to get it. So I'm thinking if I should get that or Scribblenaughts in october/november.

Hidden Ninja45
09-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I am currently playing the 5th flashback in the ODST campaign.

Superwes Reborn
09-26-2009, 08:11 PM
But is it good

Hidden Ninja45
09-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I gotta admit, the game is pretty cool.

Superwes Reborn
09-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Why is that so?

Hidden Ninja45
09-26-2009, 08:19 PM
It is not Halo 3. You actually have to think about how you going to attack the enemy. You can't just run in and expect to have a chance to survive. You have to plan your attacks because if you don't, you will probably die quickly.

And the story has been pretty good so far. Luckily, I have avoided finding out how the game ends, and i'm really excited to play through the rest of the game.

Superwes Reborn
09-26-2009, 08:20 PM
It is not Halo 3. You actually have to think about how you going to attack the enemy. You can't just run in and expect to have a chance to survive. You have to plan your attacks because if you don't, you will probably die quickly.

And the story has been pretty good so far. Luckily, I have avoided finding out how the game ends, and i'm really excited to play through the rest of the game.
How's Matchmaking

Hidden Ninja45
09-26-2009, 08:29 PM
ODST doesn't have Matchmaking. It has 4 player co-op over Xbox Live and that 4 player Firefight mode.

There is another disk to ODST that has every single Halo 3 map released on Xbox Live before. If you don't have Xbox Live and want the maps, this is the way to get them. And there are 3 maps on the disk that haven't even been released on XBL marketplace yet.

Phenom
09-26-2009, 09:08 PM
From what I have heard, Scribblenauts isn't that good so I'd suggest ODST.

Superwes Reborn
09-27-2009, 07:19 AM
ODST doesn't have Matchmaking. It has 4 player co-op over Xbox Live and that 4 player Firefight mode.

There is another disk to ODST that has every single Halo 3 map released on Xbox Live before. If you don't have Xbox Live and want the maps, this is the way to get them. And there are 3 maps on the disk that haven't even been released on XBL marketplace yet.
Why isn't scribblenaughts good, btw, what's fire fight, I heard it's a nazi zombie rip off

Hidden Ninja45
09-27-2009, 10:53 AM
It is kind of like Nazi Zombies, but it is no rip off. It really fun, but really challedgeing. You have fight endless waves of various Covenaut enemies.

5 waves=1 set
3 sets=1 round

Each round, a new skull is added that messes with the game. The first skull makes enemies dodge grenades better. The 2nd skull makes enemies throw A LOT more grenades. The 3rd skull makes it so the only way to get health back is to beat down the enemies. There are more, but that is as far as i've gotten.

Phenom
09-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Why isn't scribblenaughts good, btw, what's fire fight, I heard it's a nazi zombie rip off

From what I have heard there are tons of puzzles for you to solve, the number is somewhere in the hundreds I believe, but none of them are really challenging. You can use the same items in each and every puzzle and beat them with no real challenge offered at all.

Firefight is in no way a Nazi Zombies rip off. Unlike Nazi Zombies, the enemies actually change and it actually presents the player a challenge. The person that posted about it above me described how it works so I won't.

Hidden Ninja45
09-29-2009, 02:22 PM
This is game is still amazing. I only have 2 campaign levels left, but I don't get to play much, so I don't know when I will finally finish it.

Nine
09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
ODST pwns all other games.

[Shikamaru]
09-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Anyone getting Modern Combat 2?

Hidden Ninja45
09-29-2009, 02:30 PM
;1302410']Anyone getting Modern Combat 2?
No.

And we're not talking about that game in this thread. If you want to talk about that game, make a new thread. I'm sure there a lot of people here getting it.

Phenom
09-29-2009, 09:21 PM
;1302410']Anyone getting Modern Combat 2?

Don't you mean Modern Warfare 2? Anyway, as the man said above me this thread isn't for that game. Although if one is made, I am surely posting in it.

I'm done with ODST for awhile, at least the campaign disc, because I have all the achievements and don't feel like going for a super high-score in Firefight. That and the new KH game came out so my attention is pulled towards my DS.

Hidden Ninja45
09-30-2009, 06:32 PM
I finished the campaign today. The end was definately....interesting. I hope no skipped the credits.........

I am not done with this game, though. I am going to be forced to play Firefight many times at various friend's houses, so I might as well keep playing and practicing Firefight so I don't get yelled at for dying a lot.

Nine
09-30-2009, 06:36 PM
What happened in the credits?I skiped mine

Phenom
09-30-2009, 06:41 PM
What happened in the credits?I skiped mine

This one happens no matter what:

Dare is talking to Sgt. Johnson about interrogating the engineer and then he says "Don't worry I know what the aliens like." He then throws his lighter at the engineer and pulls out a cigar and tells the engineer that it is going to tell him what the covenant are looking for and then it's going to help him stop them. The engineer then lights Johnson's cigar.

Legendary:

I haven't seen this one yet, but from what I've heard it shows the Prophet of Truth finding something that is either the Ark or something completely different.

Nine
09-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah I beat it on legendary,But My friend skipped them.

Sephiroth
09-30-2009, 06:47 PM
i got one stinking level until i beat it on legendary

Nine
09-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Lets do it Jeremy.Right now.

Sephiroth
09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
ok man im jumping on

Nine
09-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Im jumping on as I type xD

Hidden Ninja45
09-30-2009, 06:54 PM
I watched the Legendary ending off Youtube. And:
That didn't look like the Ark from Halo 3. Remember that during the ending of the normal game how you see where the portal from Halo 3 is getting dug out. Whatever structure the Prophet is in is obviously still intact. So, that is not the portal to Ark as in Halo 3. It is something different.
They said that the coming Halo: Reach game was going to be connected somehow to ODST. So maybe that game will explan what that structure is.

Or maybe this Legendary ending will be like Halo 3's and Halo War's and will not be concluded and leave us guessing.

Hidden Ninja45
09-30-2009, 07:21 PM
So, I looked into the Legendary ending a little bit more, and some people are just saying that:
Truth found some other part to the Portal that is seen in Halo 3. It is nothing exciting at all. But other people think it is something else. That there is a big complex of Forerunner technology below the city.
I know, I get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too into the story. But I am really interested in the Forerunners from this series, and I want to know every connection possible.

Superwes Reborn
10-01-2009, 02:54 AM
I think Reach is going to focus a bit more on the forerunners

Hidden Ninja45
10-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I think Reach is going to focus a bit more on the forerunners
I hope so. There is a trilogy of books coming out about the Forerunner during their war with the Flood. Naturally, I will be getting these books.

dolorisa
10-14-2009, 12:59 AM
How many maps are there on Halo 3 for Multiplayer?Not forge made maps, but actual Bungie downloads. I have Halo 3 but no XBL. How many maps should I have? Does it cost anything to download more maps?
market samurai (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/domain.aspx?q=marketsamurai.com) ~ marketsamurai (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/domain.aspx?q=marketsamurai.com) ~ marketsamurai.com (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/domain.aspx?q=marketsamurai.com)

TNA Knockout
10-14-2009, 01:03 AM
I say get it..but I think Halo is outdated...L4D,COD,or Gears is way better

TNA Knockout
10-14-2009, 01:04 AM
How many maps are there on Halo 3 for Multiplayer?Not forge made maps, but actual Bungie downloads. I have Halo 3 but no XBL. How many maps should I have? Does it cost anything to download more maps? Yep so you better buy up some MS points or you will go nowhere from there...

Naruto321
10-14-2009, 04:51 AM
Its pretty hard without Master Cheif in it. Anybody got the Recon Armor. I do,

ShadowRaiga89
10-14-2009, 07:03 AM
I got Recon. I just need 2 more achievements and I have beaten Halo 3: ODST. As for Halo: Reach, I have a feeling that it will have to do with the Battle of Reach aka the Decimation of the Spartans.

UzumakiFox15
10-14-2009, 07:25 AM
I say get it..but I think Halo is outdated...L4D,COD,or Gears is way better yep halo is getting old...

Hidden Ninja45
10-14-2009, 10:13 AM
How many maps are there on Halo 3 for Multiplayer?Not forge made maps, but actual Bungie downloads. I have Halo 3 but no XBL. How many maps should I have? Does it cost anything to download more maps?

ODST comes with 2 disks. The first disk is the ODST game. The second disk has all the Halo 3 multiplayer maps with it. The disk is everything that Halo 3 has except for Halo 3's campaign. So, this way, you don't need XBL to have all the Halo 3 maps.