PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: If you cannot spell correctly, don't make a topic!!!

Kuroda Taishi
05-01-2009, 03:30 PM
I hate all these topics that are poping up and the words are mispelled. Check your topic name before posting, and don't use text talk in the topic name. I get annoyed by text talk in regular posting also, especially when someone writes something long and complicated. But I am more annoyed by people who make topics and dont know how to spell.

If anyone else feels like ranting, feel free

Also on a note to the mods: could you maybe delete all topics that are spelled improperly?

seannfma
05-01-2009, 03:33 PM
I hate all these topics that are poping up and the words are mispelled. Check your topic name before posting, and don't use text talk in the topic name. I get annoyed by text talk in regular posting also, especially when someone writes something long and complicated. But I am more annoyed by people who make topics and dont know how to spell.

Also on a note to the mods: could you maybe delete all topics that are spelled improperly?
Mods can't do that but i agree with you man 100%.

sasuke7
05-01-2009, 03:37 PM
calm down its not that big a deal unless you cant read well :roll: :roll: :roll:

seannfma
calm down its not that big a deal unless you cant read well :roll: :roll: :roll:
We can read it it is just annoying because this is a forum not a cell phone.

seannfma
*Deletes 50% of topics*
:lol: I dare you to do it

Sage Mode
05-01-2009, 03:38 PM
*Deletes 50% of topics*

seannfma
05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
its not that big of deal.
But it is annoying.

Boku
05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
its not that big of deal.

Toma RNK
05-01-2009, 03:57 PM
How about this, if it is hard to read, we all play stupid and ask the poster what they said until they type it out. We'll start an "I don't read junk" club.

Be forgiving though, for some here, english is a second or third language.

seannfma
05-01-2009, 03:58 PM
How about this, if it is hard to read, we all play stupid and ask the poster what they said until they type it out. We'll start an "I don't read junk" club.

What he said

Kuroda Taishi
05-01-2009, 04:28 PM

Nope, no forgiveness

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:30 PM

Nope, no forgiveness
why not

Kuroda Taishi
05-01-2009, 04:31 PM

Nope, no forgiveness
why not

Because there can be no forgiveness

Kuroda Taishi
05-01-2009, 04:33 PM

Nope, no forgiveness
why not

why is that

Because I am incapable of forgiveness

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:34 PM

Nope, no forgiveness
why not

why is that

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:36 PM

Nope, no forgiveness
why not

why is that

well thats kind of cold dont you think

Kuroda Taishi
05-01-2009, 04:36 PM

and your point is?

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I know spelling errors are annoying, but I don't see the big deal. In topic names, yes, that is a turn off but don't judge some one on their grammar skills. And I say this from experince because mine aren't that great. I do agree with the text talk though, it is so cliche'. I think if you could be a good citzen and help people with their spelling I'm sure they would apprecate it. :|

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I know spelling errors are annoying, but I don't see the big deal. In topic names, yes, that is a turn off but don't judge some one on their grammar skills. And I say this from experince because mine aren't that great. I do agree with the text talk though, it is so cliche'. I think if you could be a good citzen and help people with their spelling I'm sure they would apprecate it. :|
yes i agree

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:39 PM

and your point is?
im just saying

Kuroda Taishi
05-01-2009, 04:39 PM

and your point is?
im just saying

.............ok? Well unless you have anything meaningful to add to this topic, please stop replying to my replies.

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:42 PM
well just please forgive them for grammer not the txt talk though i hate that

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah but it's a bad habit to get into because studies show some kids actually use text talk in school assinments and teachers are unhappy so keeping text on a cell phone helps you make goo habits that keep teachers smiling! :mrgreen:

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Yeah but it's a bad habit to get into because studies show some kids actually use text talk in school assinments and teachers are unhappy so keeping text on a cell phone helps you make goo habits that keep teachers smiling! :mrgreen:
Happy teachers

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Happy teachers equals less homework, its a win win deal! :mrgreen:

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Happy teachers equals less homework, its a win win deal! :mrgreen:
and they are nicer to you lol :mrgreen:

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Unless they are evil teachers who enjoy torturing kids! :evil:

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Like my teachers :roll:

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Mine are nice but hate spelling and text talk errors.

Toma RNK
05-01-2009, 04:54 PM

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4492/210929f260.jpg

SPELL OUT YOUR WORDS, OR IT'S RULER TIME!!!!

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Mine are nice but hate spelling and text talk errors.
oh luckier than me at least

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:57 PM

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4492/210929f260.jpg

SPELL OUT YOUR WORDS, OR IT'S RULER TIME!!!!

lol nice pic

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 04:58 PM
I think that's my teacher in that picture! :shock: Nope, just joking but when my teachers get mad it's close enough! :mrgreen: :lol:

seannfma
05-01-2009, 04:59 PM
I think that's my teacher in that picture! :shock: Nope, just joking but when my teachers get mad it's close enough! :mrgreen: :lol:
lol

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah but back to the topic I say do your best at spelling but don't take it too seruisly.

seannfma
05-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah but back to the topic I say do your best at spelling but don't take it too seruisly.
Exactly as long as you can read it who cares

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Just make sure you keep it legible, no one will judge you on mistakes if you learn from them. (or a dictionary.)

seannfma
05-01-2009, 05:07 PM
yeah just correct yourself

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 05:07 PM
or be a good person and nicely tell some one the correct spelling. :)

seannfma
05-01-2009, 05:08 PM
yeah dont make fun of them for it like i have seen

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 05:22 PM
That's what insecure people do. They don't have confidence in themselves so they pick on people.

Kuroda Taishi
05-01-2009, 05:28 PM
That's what insecure people do. They don't have confidence in themselves so they pick on people.

I'm not trying to pick on people, I am just saying learn how to spell, or don't type anything at all

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I know, its just that I can't spell that great and it downs me a bit.

Sage Mode
05-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm not trying to pick on people, I am just saying learn how to spell, or don't type anything at all

Not words to live by.

Kuroda Taishi
05-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I know, its just that I can't spell that great and it downs me a bit.

If you have problems, type your posts up in word and use spell check, then copy and paste

Kuroda Taishi
05-01-2009, 05:35 PM

Not words to live by.

Why not?

Soccer Ninja 21
05-01-2009, 05:36 PM
oh that's a very good idea thanks!

Sage Mode
05-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Because you'll never learn if you never try in the first place.

A few things to think about: some people on the forums are pretty young, and others are and will never be that great at spelling. There are some great writers who can't spell for beans; an editor comes along does that for them.

I do think, however, that some of the spelling errors here come from not caring. But that's sort of a different thing to get riled about.

Nick Tasogare
05-02-2009, 02:52 AM
i write like this but since nobody can read my ideas i have offficially reformed! i am on the road to grammar recover

(snaps snaps snaps snaps snaps)

thank you i appreciate it :)

Soccer Ninja 21
05-02-2009, 02:20 PM
good for you. I'll just make sure people can read mine.

Nick Tasogare
05-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Because you'll never learn if you never try in the first place.

A few things to think about: some people on the forums are pretty young, and others are and will never be that great at spelling. There are some great writers who can't spell for beans; an editor comes along does that for them.

I do think, however, that some of the spelling errors here come from not caring. But that's sort of a different thing to get riled about.

for me its that i want to get my ide down before i forget it so i use text talk but im working on it :)

Soccer Ninja 21
05-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I really don't like text talk. It's the sign of a lazy mind.

Vidda Hatake
05-02-2009, 02:30 PM

I do agree with how you feel, it is annoying, but one thing to remember here...the minimum age to be on this site is 13. Not everyone can spell as well as us 'older' kids can. I know an author who makes mega bucks and he often misspells words. He has an editor, but how many kids here can afford an editor? See my point? So, please be a bit more tolerant... It's not easy, I understand that. And I hope I haven't made you angry as that was not my intent at all. I just wanted to try to help you see it from a different viewpoint.

And I don't think the wonderful and great Mods would consider deleting misspelled topics because we'd have hardly any left...sorry...