PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of this game?

ByakuganMaster024
09-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has heard of Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love that's coming out for wii and ps2. The Sakura Wars series is supposed to be hugely popular in Japan, but none of the games have been released in the U.S. until this one and it's the 5th game in the series.

The game is made by Sega and Red Entertainment and is a strategy RPG and has an anime style to it. The game takes place in the 1920's and you pilot a steam powered mech, along with 5 other teammates who are all women, to fight against invading demons. But your team also runs and performs in a broadway theater as a cover for your teams organization. And in between battles the game is like a dating sim where you interact with the women on your team between battles and stage performances to build teamwork and trust.

It's a little wierd but it makes more sense if you see what I'm talking about so here's a link to the game's site where there's a trailer for it.

http://www.sakurawars.us/premium/

The beginning of the trailer shows all the female team members but some of their names are still in Japanese. And the one who's narrating the trailer is Gemini Sunrise who's the first character that is shown and is played by the anime voice actress Laura Bailey.

I think the action in this game looks pretty good, but I'm still thinking about if I should get it or not so I was wondering what you guys think of it.

Phenom
09-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Haven't heard of it, but it sounds a lot like an old PS2 game I used to play, minus the characters and the demons, I'll probably buy it since my Wii hasn't gotten much love lately.

Leaf/Mist Shinobi250
09-23-2009, 08:25 PM
I've heard of the game. It looks sweet. I might get it when it comes out.

Chuckness
09-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Haven't heard of it yet. I'll keep my eye out for it, if it's T.

Xiaoun
09-24-2009, 03:42 PM
I have heard the name before! But I don't have any helpful info... sorry

Moon
09-24-2009, 03:45 PM
i read about it in nintendo power i might buy it....

ByakuganMaster024
09-24-2009, 07:20 PM
I have heard the name before! But I don't have any helpful info... sorry

That's why I posted the link to the website because just in case you hadn't heard of it you could see the trailer that's on there and just say what you think of it from that. The trailer gives all the basic info you need about the game.;)

Lelouch Vi Britannia
09-30-2009, 08:54 PM
I have never heard of the game, but it seems interesting..