PDA

View Full Version : screw up on box sets

visard
09-23-2009, 02:09 PM
anybody notice the screw ups on the box sets or is it just me and some other fans.please e-mail viz directly so maybe they'll fix them on the box sets coming out. And so they don't screw up again. So once again e-mail viz. Thank you.

Kuroda Taishi
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
How so?

SRhyse
09-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Ya, you're gonna need to be more specific.

What's 'screwed up'? The 'boxes'? The 'videos' on the DVDs? Things that come with the box sets?

XxninjagirlxX
09-23-2009, 02:20 PM
yeah whats wrong with the boxes?

zerosameri
09-23-2009, 02:21 PM
yea what is the screw up that you saw?

your screchy on what your saying

visard
09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
episodes are placed wrong and stuff cant really remember all details they might be small but bettr tell viz to prevent future mess ups. for full details on mess up go to youtube an type in viz media an you'll see.

Kon
09-23-2009, 02:27 PM
huh i still dnt get it wats screwed up???

visard
09-23-2009, 02:35 PM
go on youtube type viz media click on vid viz screws up on vids.... and then listen and you'll see wat i mean.

SRhyse
09-23-2009, 02:41 PM
The video he's talking about is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci1q_eYfmck

I can't understand much of what the guy in the video is saying, nor the user that started this thread.

From what I 'can' gather, the guy in the video is mad because of the way the episodes were divided into the different volumes on the UK editions, if not all of them. Say, 1-26 on vol 1, 27-52 on vol 2, etc. These are likely not the exact way they were divided or the complaint, as I can't understand what the guy in the video is saying.

Feel free to watch the video in the link, and see if you can make out what he's trying to say. I sent the dude this message-

"Hi,

I'm with Viz media and the Naruto team.

A user on our forum brought up your 'complaint/complaints' with us, and I found your video here. I can't understand what you're saying in the video, so if you wanna just talk to us about any problems you have with the box sets, feel free to make a post in this thread on our forum feedback section:

http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24391

We talk to our users all the time, so you'll get a timely response, likely from me, if you post.
"

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Apparently, he's mad because the episodes aren't separated by box sets. As in there may be a season two episode in a box set with all other season one episodes, and the rest of season two is in other boxes. I don't see a problem really..I don't really know what he's saying though.

Takoda
09-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Are some of the episodes in 1 disc?

zerosameri
09-23-2009, 03:03 PM
i think he was trying to say that all [most] the episode are messed up and not in the right season/valum.

OnyxBlossom
09-23-2009, 03:04 PM
I have no idea what he's saying...

zerosameri
09-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I have no idea what he's saying...
i know it's so hard to tell.

Takoda
09-23-2009, 03:06 PM
i think he was trying to say that all [most] the episode are messed up and not in the right season/valum.

Oh I see. That's messed up

zerosameri
09-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh I see. That's messed up
-like what i got out of one part he said that episode 105 and 106 are in volume 7 (i think) when it's really sapost to be in volume 10.

-And that volume 2 is really season 2 not season 1.

-that they shouldn't have art work on the DVD thing (i think he has somthing aginst it)

well somthing like that

SRhyse
09-23-2009, 04:17 PM
I think it'd better if we just wait for the dude to make a post himself about this, if he does. I feel like we've all spent like 20 minutes each scrubbing through the video and trying to put together a bullet point list from his ramblings which, from what I say in the video, he has written down neatly on a piece of paper that he can just type for us.

I messaged him on youTube, so we'll hope for the best.

Ninja Pink
09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
anybody notice the screw ups on the box sets or is it just me and some other fans.please e-mail viz directly so maybe they'll fix them on the box sets coming out. And so they don't screw up again. So once again e-mail viz. Thank you.

..Huh?

BDT87
09-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Ok hi everyone, yes I am BDT87 they guy who did the video. And I can see alot of people can't understand what I am saying as of my accent or whatever.
It's really simple..

In October Viz are going to release the box sets (again) but this time in seasons. So the first box set will be called Season 1 Volume.1 wit 25episodes while Season 1 actualy contain 26 epsidoes.

Then in November box set 2 will be released and on the artwork it is called Season 1 Volume.2 this will contain episodes 26-52 and those episodes are under Season 2 NOT 1 so the box set information is wrong. Thats all I was saying.
I mentiond that Im guessing the box set 1 will just contain the dvds from the box sets they have released from now which was Vol.1/Vol.2 and of course they all contained eps. 1-25 so I couldnt see them putting episode 26 on the final dvd.

And later on I did say the earlyer box sets had some episodes from previous seasons or so as I thought 2 box sets were a season such as
Vol.1 & 2 = Season 1
Vol.3 & 4 = Season 2
Vol.5 & 6 = Season 3
etc..
later on theres like a 2 episodes on a box that shouldnt be in that if u conisder it a season or so so if they did the NEW re-releases will be faulse if they containt and episode not in that season or so.

But the first error is the box set 2 as that SHOULD NOT BE Season 1 Vol.2 it should simple be season 2.

I sent this as an email to my friend of what I THINK Viz will do to the upcoming box sets, so this is MY thing not saying it right or not.

So the first 52 episodes we know cover Season 1 & 2
but they will realease this in One season as we know.
Season 1 Vol.1: 1-25
Season 1 Vol.2: 26-52

So next we will see Season 2 Vol.1 & 2 allthough these would cover episodes 53-104 and we all know these are actualy Season 3 & 4 and then there Season 3 Vol.1 & 2 will cover 105-156 and these are actualy season 5/6 and then epsidoes 157-208 will be in Season 4 Vol.1 & 2 and of course those are Seasons 7/8 then we have episodes 209-220 that are Season 9.
It's nice and organised with 2 seasons in 2 box just big shame they named the seasons wrong.

Season 1 Vol.1: 1-25 (Season 1)
Season 1 Vol.2: 26-52 (Season 2)
Season 2 Vol.1: 53-78 (Season 3)
Season 2 Vol.2: 79- 104 (Season 4)
Season 3 Vol.1: 105-130 (Season 5)
Season 3 Vol.2: 131-156 (Season 6)
Season 4 Vol.1: 157-182 (Season 7)
Season 4 Vol.2: 183-208 (Season 8)
Season 4 Vol.3 or Season 5: 209-220 (Season 9)

LIKE I SAID this may NOT be ture just what I think Viz was planning to do...

Just very silly they named them wrong seasons on the box art cover, but since I did this video I heard Naruto in USA Viz does the Sasons in ever 52episode? Not sure if this is right or not but as you can on what I just did it seems like it?

They just should release them with the CORRECT Seasons so the one in October should be known as Season 1 and should have episode 26 but if that episode is not on it it's not a Big loss.

The the box set in November should be just called SEASON 2 and not Season 1 Vol.2

If some people still dont get what Imtrying to say ill try again and make it more simple.
But thats all that matters is the 2 NEW box sets of Naruto being re-released after all of those other box sets they have done Vol.1-16

and now they are making it a box set SEASON, which I like but the artwork Info is WRONG

Box Set 1 = Naruto Season 1 Vol.1. - That's Correct, but theres no need for Vol.1
Box Set 2 = Naruto Season 1 Vol.2 - Actualy its Season 2 NOT 1 and episode 26 is apart or Season 1.

SRhyse
09-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Ok hi everyone, yes I am BDT87 they guy who did the video. And I can see alot of people can't understand what I am saying as of my accent or whatever.
It's really simple..

In October Viz are going to release the box sets (again) but this time in seasons. So the first box set will be called Season 1 Volume.1 wit 25episodes while Season 1 actualy contain 26 epsidoes.

Then in November box set 2 will be released and on the artwork it is called Season 1 Volume.2 this will contain episodes 26-52 and those episodes are under Season 2 NOT 1 so the box set information is wrong. Thats all I was saying.
I mentiond that Im guessing the box set 1 will just contain the dvds from the box sets they have released from now which was Vol.1/Vol.2 and of course they all contained eps. 1-25 so I couldnt see them putting episode 26 on the final dvd.

And later on I did say the earlyer box sets had some episodes from previous seasons or so as I thought 2 box sets were a season such as
Vol.1 & 2 = Season 1
Vol.3 & 4 = Season 2
Vol.5 & 6 = Season 3
etc..
later on theres like a 2 episodes on a box that shouldnt be in that if u conisder it a season or so so if they did the NEW re-releases will be faulse if they containt and episode not in that season or so.

But the first error is the box set 2 as that SHOULD NOT BE Season 1 Vol.2 it should simple be season 2.

I sent this as an email to my friend of what I THINK Viz will do to the upcoming box sets, so this is MY thing not saying it right or not.

So next we will see Season 2 Vol.1 & 2 allthough these would cover episodes 53-104 and we all know these are actualy Season 3 & 4 and then there Season 3 Vol.1 & 2 will cover 105-156 and these are actualy season 5/6 and then epsidoes 157-208 will be in Season 4 Vol.1 & 2 and of course those are Seasons 7/8 then we have episodes 209-220 that are Season 9.
It's nice and organised with 2 seasons in 2 box just big shame they named the seasons wrong.

Just very silly they named them wrong seasons on the box art cover, but since I did this video I heard Naruto in USA Viz does the Sasons in ever 52episode? Not sure if this is right or not but as you can on what I just did it seems like it?

They just should release them with the CORRECT Seasons so the one in October should be known as Season 1 and should have episode 26 but if that episode is not on it it's not a Big loss.

The the box set in November should be just called SEASON 2 and not Season 1 Vol.2

If some people still dont get what Imtrying to say ill try again and make it more simple.
But thats all that matters is the 2 NEW box sets of Naruto being re-released after all of those other box sets they have done Vol.1-16

and now they are making it a box set SEASON, which I like but the artwork Info is WRONG

Box Set 1 = Naruto Season 1 Vol.1. - That's Correct, but theres no need for Vol.1
Box Set 2 = Naruto Season 1 Vol.2 - Actualy its Season 2 NOT 1 and episode 26 is apart or Season 1.
Thanks for responding and welcome to the forum!

So are you specifically saying we're calling episodes from Season 2 episodes from Season 1 instead? I'm verifying whether or not the episode divisions and complaints you've listed are accurate, and if I'd be able to tell you if they aren't.

And on the forum, we're Viz. You're taking to Viz. As in, like, directly; the real people, chilling at their computers. So you don't have to refer to us as some weird and powerful economic entity here. You can just say 'you' and we'll figure it out :lol:

BDT87
09-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks for responding and welcome to the forum!

So are you specifically saying we're calling episodes from Season 2 episodes from Season 1 instead? I'm verifying whether or not the episode divisions and complaints you've listed are accurate, and if I'd be able to tell you if they aren't.

And on the forum, we're Viz. You're taking to Viz. As in, like, directly; the real people, chilling at their computers. So you don't have to refer to us as some weird and powerful economic entity here. You can just say 'you' and we'll figure it out :lol:
Hi, well Im from the UK as you know and you "Viz" dont sell the Naruto dvds here, Manga Entertainment do but I know you help with with Bleach and Death Note dvd's and so on (such as if I bought a Region 1 dvd of Bleach and Region 2 of the dvd the subtitles will be the same as you guys did it, as in the Naruto in UK dvd I beleive Manga company is behind it, and they screwed up on Season 2, doing dubtitles insted of subtitles so thats why I imported the dvd's from North America) so I dont know if you do things a little different to Japan.
Many fans agree with me saying episodes 1-26 are SEASON 1 while episodes 27-52 are SEASON 2, here in the UK thats how they are released in there box sets.
So I just would like to know and im gussing many other people who actualy have noticed this..why are the 2 NEW box sets that are coming out soon called Season 1 Vol.1/Vol.2 while the 2nd Box set is actualy Season 2?
Like I said I dont know if you guys name the seaons different than Japan, as in every 52 episode is a Season with you guys? as at the moment thats what it seems like? Or was this calling the 2 box sets season 1 an error?

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-23-2009, 05:13 PM
By the way, I hope you weren't offended by our saying we couldn't understand you. It wasn't so much the accent as it was I just couldn't hear you and I didn't realize what you meant.

Kuroda Taishi
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
My opinoin is that: I don't really care. Either buy it or don't buy it.

BDT87
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
By the way, I hope you weren't offended by our saying we couldn't understand you. It wasn't so much the accent as it was I just couldn't hear you and I didn't realize what you meant.

It's all good.

But if anyone from Viz etc.. can answer my last post. That be great.

I dont know if you guys name the seaons different than Japan, as in every 52 episode is a Season with you guys? as at the moment thats what it seems like? Or was this calling the 2 box sets season 1 an error?

EDIT!

I guess it's to late now huh as Viz will be relesing these box sets soon and it's to late to change anything such as the box art cover from Season 1 Vol.1 to ONLY Season 1 and the 2nd box set just to be named Season 2 and NOT Season 1 Vol.2, it will just confuse alot of people really, but as I said I am unsure if Naruto in North America follow the same way as the japan seasons go, and just do every 52 episdoe a season while its actualy not in Japan and as I mentiond above...
Season 1 has 26
Season 2 has 26
Season 3 has 26
Season 4 has 26 etc..

ShadowRaiga89
09-26-2009, 06:05 AM
I thought this thread was talking about actual footage of the episodes that was messed up. After reading everyone's posts, I'm relieved that that isn't the case.

C4 Karura
09-26-2009, 08:10 AM
It's really simple..

Vol.1 & 2 = Season 1
Vol.3 & 4 = Season 2
Vol.5 & 6 = Season 3
etc..

Umm... Dude... 52 episodes IS a season (one year of release)... Why would they call 25 episodes (half a year of release) a full season? (Also, you may want to work on better grammer. I really had to struggle to figure out what you were saying.)

C4 Karura
09-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Many fans agree with me saying episodes 1-26 are SEASON 1 while episodes 27-52 are SEASON 2, here in the UK thats how they are released in there box sets.
Oh..... So THAT'S why you think half a season is a full one... UK messed up... Sorry for being rude.

BDT87
09-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Oh..... So THAT'S why you think half a season is a full one... UK messed up... Sorry for being rude.

No I still don't get what you mean by that. UK (Region 2) Box sets got it right.

If you check on wikipedia you can see the list of seasons there and how many episodes are on each season and thats what I have been saying. there 26 episodes on Season 1 not 52. because it says 27-52episodes are in Season 2, and Im wonder why on the box set 2 that will be released in November or so, why do they call it Season 1 Vol.2 while it's Season 2.

Here's another site for all the episodes in each season.

Check leafninja.com and go to the left hand side and scroll down until you see Naruto Anime and it will show you what I mean by the seasons

on that page it says Episodes 1-26 is Season 1 and the box set 1 thats coming out this October is right, it contains 25episodes (missing the last episode) So the first box set is right, but the 2nd one is wrong by it having 26-52 and calling it Season 1 vol.2 while it should just be called Season 2.
Hope thats a little more clear.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Link removed due to violation of the rules.

Image/Video Posting
Due to legal reasons, please do not post or link any Naruto images (this includes anime screenshots and scanned manga) or any Naruto videos whatsoever. Additionally, the same goes for all other Viz properties.

BDT87
09-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Check leafninja.com and go to the left hand side and scroll down until you see Naruto Anime and it will show you what I mean by the seasons.

Sage Mode
09-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Hey BDT87. Here's your answer, directly from people who know about it:

A season is something that gets determined by broadcast schedule. Usually, one Season is 52 episodes or so, not 26 episodes as you suggest. It really depends on which title you are talking about, and "season" is just an arbitrary categorization anyway. We never had the Filler episodes 136~220 broadcast and technically there's no "Season" assigned for those.

For the Season Box Sets, we are dividing Naruto into 4 Seasons. This is more of an arbitrary thing really, by dividing the 16 Naruto Classic Uncut Box Sets with 4 Box Sets per Season, roughly following the story arc. Since the later Uncut Box Sets covered more episodes to speed through the Anime Original arcs and catch up to Shippuden, we have more episodes in these Season Box Sets too.

So current planning goes like this:

Season 1 v1&2 covers: Eps.1~52 (Box Sets 1~4)
Season 2 v1&2 covers: Eps.53~106 (box Set 5~8)
Season 3 v1&2 covers: Eps.107~163 (box Set 9~12)
Season 4 v1&2 covers: Eps.164~220(box Set 13~16)

To expand on the above explanation it should be noted that Japan doesn't divide anime into "seasons" like the US does. Often, for long running anime shows like Naruto it is shown weekly all year long (52 weeks). Sometimes it is divided by story arc (like Bleach) which we can easily refer to as a "season."

VIZ acquires these shows in batches, usually as a year of episodes or by story arc. In order to categorize it properly for packaging and release in the US we have to create the "seasons" for US distribution.

BDT87
09-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Ok, I will just have to get used to the box sets names, but should be good to have less boxes if Im one of those people who will re-buy them, and I was about to say you do call the Bleach box sets in Seasons as they are, and correct but you just have said about that so thanks. And one Question off topic if I may, Manga Entertainment (UK - Region 2 dvds) distributes Viz Media ranga of dvds such as Bleach and Death Note, and I was just wondering are the subtitles the same for region 1, such as Manga Entertainment just left the subs from you guys work or do they re sub them there selfs. As im importing Bleach in region 1 as well and if the subs are same in region 2 dvds, might as well for to just buy the Region 2 dvds.
Thanks.