Space Cowboy Sasori
09-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, who wins?

Sasuke726
09-12-2009, 01:33 PM
what can the Raikage do

kurribu99
09-12-2009, 01:35 PM
he can use chidori stream and that lightning bomb thingy and moves faster than sasuke

Uchiha master
09-12-2009, 01:35 PM
tough desicion

Yondaime The 4th Hokage
09-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Itachi for sure!

kurribu99
09-12-2009, 01:39 PM
hard to choose really

TheBlackChidori
09-12-2009, 03:08 PM
The Raikage has shown no ability to counter Genjutsu which Itachi is the best in the world at.

Also, Itachi was quick and skilled enough to avoid Kirin, a much faster lightning attack then anything the Raikage has.

Shikamaru Nara
09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
itachi

Raiden
09-12-2009, 03:12 PM
The Raikage has shown no ability to counter Genjutsu which Itachi is the best in the world at.

Also, Itachi was quick and skilled enough to avoid Kirin, a much faster lightning attack then anything the Raikage has.
yes he has shown the ability to do so, Sasuke tryed useing Ginjutsu and it didn't work on Raikage

Rafael
09-12-2009, 03:31 PM
itachi will win
the raikage will lose against Itachis genjutsu

Rafael
09-12-2009, 03:31 PM

i agree with that

Nābris
09-12-2009, 03:34 PM
yes he has shown the ability to do so, Sasuke tryed useing Ginjutsu and it didn't work on Raikage

That is correct. The Raikage apparently has such an abundance of chakra that he can negate any genjutsus used on him.

However, things like Susanoo and Amaterasu could be somewhat of a problem.
I would not be so concerned with Amaterasu, even though the Raikage's physical defense does not seem to be that great. His sheer speed alone was able to dodge Sasuke's Amaterasu, and apparently he can control it even better than Itachi could. Plus, the Raikage's physical strength was able to punch through the Amaterasu shield of flame. Though he was badly injured in the process, that should tell you something about the Raikage's strength and determination.

Susanoo, on the other hand, could be a bigger threat. Raikage is an all out offensive power-house, but Susanoo's Yata no Kagami can reflect all attacks.

It is at this point where it becomes hard for me to decide. Because Susanoo drains the user's life force, it is possible for the Raikage to outlast Itachi (unless Itachi traps him with Totsuka no Tsurugi, of course)and overpower him, but we really cannot tell for sure. So, I suppose I will just leave all that information out there to help people make a universal decision.

Kuromaki
09-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Well, this is a hard one, but Itachi might stand a chance with Tsukuyomi or Susano'o. Then again, the Raikage could probably avoid Susano'o's attacks with his high speed, which the Sharingan supposedly can't predict.

TheBlackChidori
09-12-2009, 09:33 PM

That was a weak Genjutsu that Sasuke used.

Itachi uses the strongest Genjutsu ever known to the Shinobi world. Even if Raikage did use the Raiton to block it, it would exhaust his chakra too fast. Amaterasu and Susano'o are just closers for this battle, even the Raikage couldnt break through the shield of Susano'o.

Sharingan_Kakashi_Hatake
09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
itachi...idk he just seems like thaat guy whos powers that have never been seen...and they havent...he is just too powerful

ByakuganAlex
09-13-2009, 09:35 AM
this would be a close battle. Raikage is a powerhouse and he is much faster than Sasuke. he dodged Amaterasu like it was nothing (right now i am suprised that Sasuke has any chakra left but everyone know kishimoto loves sasuke) the only real problem would be sasunoo raikage would have to dodge til death. itachi's death that is

deidara330
09-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Raikage can dodge Amaterasu, he can nullify genjutsu, and he can break through Susano'o. Tough match, but I'd say Itachi, because he could use fire style jutsu and his Susano'o sword to defeat Raikage.

ByakuganAlex
09-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Raikage can dodge Amaterasu, he can nullify genjutsu, and he can break through Susano'o. Tough match, but I'd say Itachi, because he could use fire style jutsu and his Susano'o sword to defeat Raikage.you do realized the you just countered what you said from the first sentence to the second sentence.

the_stupidest_name_ever
09-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Itachi all the way

grimmjoker64
09-13-2009, 12:04 PM
tough one because itachis abilities make him invincible and raikage is super fast and raikage can break someones neck with a punch

deidara330
09-13-2009, 12:12 PM
you do realized the you just countered what you said from the first sentence to the second sentence.
No, not really. I honestly have no idea which would win. Raikage can counter nearly every MS technique, and that makes him seem like a clear winner, but it's just that I find it hard to believe a guy who's only fought for three chapters now has enough power to beat someone as old as half the series.

Nābris
09-13-2009, 01:03 PM
That's true, we don't know a whole lot about the Raikage.

However, while I was reading the recent chapters to find more info on the Raikage, I noticed something rather interesting that I had not seen before.

*Do not read this if you are not up to date with the Manga:
Remember when the Raikage threw Sasuke into that massive Raiger Bomb? Sasuke was able to summon Susanoo just in time to save his butt, however if you take a look at the bottom left corner of page five and the top of page six, you can see that part of Susanoo's rib cage broke off.

I could argue back by saying that Sasuke's version of Susanoo was incomplete, as well as the probability that he did not have the same knowledge about the technique as Itachi did. However, if you can think back to the Itachi vs. Sasuke battle, Itachi had some difficulty keeping his Susanoo in it's complete form as well as showing clear signs of agitation while using it.

That too could be argued back by stating that he had a long fight with Sasuke, but even this can be debated on the fact that Susanoo will eventually eat away at Itachi's life force. Ah jeez, now I am going in circles.

So in conclusion, if Itachi were to bring out Susanoo right away at full strength, he could easily win. However, I am beggining to convince my self that the Raikage might actually win.

SakuraGirl
09-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Raikage

(un)Godly Hiroku
09-13-2009, 01:23 PM
he doesnt move faster then sasuke, for the person who said that earlier
...thats how sasuke dodged raikages attack and hit hit

but raikgae is fast
but i think hmmm
itachi would win
with his tsukuyomi, since raikage aint got a tailed beast
i think sasuke may win the fight with him too...or he will be stuck in a bad stituation and tobi will have to save his butt xD

deidara330
09-13-2009, 01:26 PM
he doesnt move faster then sasuke, for the person who said that earlier
...thats how sasuke dodged raikages attack and hit hit

but raikgae is fast
but i think hmmm
itachi would win
with his tsukuyomi, since raikage aint got a tailed beast
i think sasuke may win the fight with him too...or he will be stuck in a bad stituation and tobi will have to save his butt xD
Raikage's lightning chakra would give a shock to his system and save him from Tsukuyomi, just like Shi said.

Nābris
09-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Raikage's lightning chakra would give a shock to his system and save him from Tsukuyomi, just like Shi said.

Exactly.

Like we were able to conclude before, Genjutsus are arguably out of the question. With that added to the strong probability that the Raikage could outmatch Itachi in both offensive Taijutsu, Vitality, and Speed, the only thing left for Itachi to use would be Susanoo. However, as I have stated in my previous post, the Raikage has a slight change of even outmatching that.

This is a very hard debate.

KAD2LMO
09-13-2009, 03:02 PM
itachi.

Kuromaki
09-13-2009, 03:06 PM
itachi.
Can you explain why?

Tickleme
09-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Itachi hard fight tho.

Sage Of Six Paths
09-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Hard to say.

Raikage has been shown to

be able to tank as well as dodge

Amaterasu. He could probably dodge

Susano'o for long enough. But Tsukuyomi?

That's a different story. Itachi wins with

Tsukuyomi.

mangagirl
09-13-2009, 05:52 PM
itachi wins

Space Cowboy Sasori
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Whoop, I finally made a good one.

I'm leaning towards Raikage, but Itachi is still there just because he has Susanoo.

Sage Of Six Paths
09-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Whoop, I finally made a good one.

I'm leaning towards Raikage, but Itachi is still there just because he has Susanoo.

Susanoo isn't the issue.

Raikage is fast enough to dodge that

crap for long enough.

Tsukuyomi is the problem.

Blakexd9
09-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Itachi!

Blakexd9
09-13-2009, 05:57 PM
he can use chidori stream and that lightning bomb thingy and moves faster than sasuke

Not really Chidori Stream. Just sort of Lightning Stream.

Space Cowboy Sasori
09-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Susanoo isn't the issue.

Raikage is fast enough to dodge that

crap for long enough.

How is that a problem? I thought we came up with the solution that he could shock himself out of it?

Nābris
09-13-2009, 06:12 PM

We were able to hypothesize that the Raikage's Lightning Release Armor could nullify Tsukuyomi, as well as any other illusion technique.

Tsukuyomi is indeed a Genjutsu, and we all know that Genjutsu is directed towards the cerebral nervous system of their opponents body. This should explain how they control the enemy's mind. However, the Raikage's Lightning Release Armor is constantly stimulating his nervous system. This greatly enhances his dexterity and reflexes, and could theoretically nullify genjutsu.

ItachiAnbu
09-14-2009, 05:05 PM

That's exactly what I was going to say. :)

We were able to hypothesize that the Raikage's Lightning Release Armor could nullify Tsukuyomi, as well as any other illusion technique.

Tsukuyomi is indeed a Genjutsu, and we all know that Genjutsu is directed towards the cerebral nervous system of their opponents body. This should explain how they control the enemy's mind. However, the Raikage's Lightning Release Armor is constantly stimulating his nervous system. This greatly enhances his dexterity and reflexes, and could theoretically nullify genjutsu.

Oh, I didn't think of this.

So, if we look at the issue, the Raikage can hypothetically repel Tsukuyomi, and take out the attacker before Amaterasu can kill him.

I honestly think Itachi's Susano'o would get him. Itachi, unlike Sasuke, has both the Totsuka blade and the Yata mirror. With the Yata mirror repelling all of the Raikage's attacks, Itachi could just stab him with the Totsuka sword, and that's the end.

Leaf/Mist Shinobi250
09-15-2009, 03:59 AM
Itachi would win. His abilities in Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, and Genjutsu were all at a really high level. Plus he was a Ex ANBU Captain if I remember correctly. It would still be a extremely close match tho, but in the end Itachi would come out on top.

Kuromaki
09-15-2009, 05:37 AM
Itachi would win. His abilities in Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, and Genjutsu were all at a really high level. Plus he was a Ex ANBU Captain if I remember correctly. It would still be a extremely close match tho, but in the end Itachi would come out on top.
....And how exactly do those achievements make him win? That's like saying Anko could beat Kakashi because she trained under Orochimaru.

Nābris
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM

Please, I implore new readers to just scan the entire thread so that they know what facts have already been presented before they post any of their own speculations. That way some people will not end up repeating themselves.

Right now, it is only two pages, it should not be that hard.

*edited because there is no such action as 'reapeating' /facepalm

SakuraGirl
09-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Itachi

Leaf/Mist Shinobi250
09-15-2009, 12:09 PM
....And how exactly do those achievements make him win? That's like saying Anko could beat Kakashi because she trained under Orochimaru.

Umm well because I just want to see Itachi win thats why. *Smiles* Itachi is a Uchiha...with his Mangekyo Sharingan he could light the RaiKage with Amaterasu and or get him with Tukuyomi, plus predict his moves before he could land a hit. Itachi was always better with his Sharingan then Sasuke so he dodge or replace himself with Shadow clones (With his High Speed Hand signs). And FINALLY if all fails Itachi could use his Final MS ability the Sunuso (Sorry for spelling). Happy now? :)

Nābris
09-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Happy now? :)

Sorry to be a pain, but no.

His sheer speed alone was able to dodge Sasuke's Amaterasu, and apparently he can control it even better than Itachi could. Plus, the Raikage's physical strength was able to punch through the Amaterasu shield of flame.

I have already stated my agreement with Susanoo, however, only if Itachi were to bring it out relatively early. Otherwise, unless anyone can now prove me wrong (and I welcome the ideas, truly), I think I actually convinced myself that the Raikage would win.

Leaf/Mist Shinobi250
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Sorry to be a pain, but no.

I have already stated my agreement with Susanoo, however, only if Itachi were to bring it out relatively early. Otherwise, unless anyone can now prove me wrong (and I welcome the ideas, truly), I think I actually convinced myself that the Raikage would win.

Remember tho When Itachi fought Sasuke. Itachi was not even really going 100%. He was in a sick state prolonging his life with medicine and going blind from over use of the MS. So I'm going with a Itachi who is not sick or blind for that matter. lol

Nābris
09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Remember tho When Itachi fought Sasuke. Itachi was not even really going 100%. He was in a sick state prolonging his life with medicine and going blind from over use of the MS. So I'm going with a Itachi who is not sick or blind for that matter. lol

Yup, I absolutely agree. However, there appears a problem even in that theory (for both characters, mind you).

I kept it in the spoiler for those who are not up to date with the Manga.
Remember when the Raikage threw Sasuke into that massive Raiger Bomb? Sasuke was able to summon Susanoo just in time to save his butt, however if you take a look at the bottom left corner of page five and the top of page six, you can see that part of Susanoo's rib cage broke off.

I could argue back by saying that Sasuke's version of Susanoo was incomplete, as well as the probability that he did not have the same knowledge about the technique as Itachi did. However, if you can think back to the Itachi vs. Sasuke battle, Itachi had some difficulty keeping his Susanoo in it's complete form as well as showing clear signs of agitation while using it.

That too could be argued back by stating that he had a long fight with Sasuke, but even this can be debated on the fact that Susanoo will eventually eat away at Itachi's life force. Ah jeez, now I am going in circles.

What we are trying to find now is if there is any other possible way for Itachi to win other than Susanoo, for even in that situation, there are possibilities for either contestant to win.

Leaf/Mist Shinobi250
09-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Yup, I absolutely agree. However, there appears a problem even in that theory (for both characters, mind you).

I kept it in the spoiler for those who are not up to date with the Manga.

What we are trying to find now is if there is any other possible way for Itachi to win other than Susanoo, for even in that situation, there are possibilities for either contestant to win.

Ahhh I see your point....well Itachi would just copy the RaiKages Movements and Jutsu(s) like Kakashi did with Zabuza. Or use the Shadow Clone Explosion (Like 100x or more). If Itachi knew some Wind Style Jutsu(s) (Since he DOES HAVE SHARINGAN)...that would help him out since Lightning Chakra is weak against Wind Chakra.

ItachiAnbu
09-15-2009, 01:34 PM

Technically, this post is incorrect. You should say "Hypothetically", not "Theoretically", simply because that is a hypothesis and not a theory. I went back and reviewed all the manga chapters from where Zetsu appears to the council up to now (chapters 460 to 463). There is nothing that hints or proves that the Raikage's Raiton Armor can combat Genjutsu.

So, based on this, I hypothesised that the Raikage is not running the Raiton throughout his body's nervous system (such a shock could kill him anyway), but rather that he is running it around his body, in streams of energy. The chakra flows out of him, and is converted into Lightning (similar to Sasuke's Chidori Stream, only much stronger). There's also the issue of the name; "Raiton Armor". I don't think it would be called armor if it was flowing inside his body.

Also, Tsukuyomi may be so powerful that simply stimulating the nervous system with Lightning chakra is not enough.

J-Sun Tasogare
09-15-2009, 01:36 PM
itachi was able to beat sasuke (which he couldve at the end dont pull tht BS) while sick weekend and removed his curse mark while fighting orochimaru hydra form able to dodge a kirin and implant ameritsu into sasukes eyes itachi can make clones asuke has only shown subistitution jutsu a shadow clone could provide an opening then...checkmate plus raikage has ppl helpin him

J-Sun Tasogare
09-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Technically, this post is incorrect. You should say "Hypothetically", not "Theoretically", simply because that is a hypothesis and not a theory. I went back and reviewed all the manga chapters from where Zetsu appears to the council up to now (chapters 460 to 463). There is nothing that hints or proves that the Raikage's Raiton Armor can combat Genjutsu.

So, based on this, I hypothesised that the Raikage is not running the Raiton throughout his body's nervous system (such a shock could kill him anyway), but rather that he is running it around his body, in streams of energy. The chakra flows out of him, and is converted into Lightning (similar to Sasuke's Chidori Stream, only much stronger). There's also the issue of the name; "Raiton Armor". I don't think it would be called armor if it was flowing inside his body.

Also, Tsukuyomi may be so powerful that simply stimulating the nervous system with Lightning chakra is not enough.
lmao the guys post u quoteted was so wrong tsykuomi cant be broken or has never been broken except by sasuke i thinkl but itachi is so good at it that no one can even stand up to him he can preform a genjutsu with one finger evrery 10 secs

Nābris
09-15-2009, 02:28 PM

Very good hypothesis.
Now that you have mentioned it, I re-read chapters 461-463 and found something interesting that makes this thesis very much plausible.

Look on the first page of Chapter 463, down in the bottom right corner where Sasuke supposedly stabs the Raikage with his Chidori. It seems as if the Lightning Chakra around the Raikage is acting like a shield, preventing the Chidori from piercing the skin badly.

So, I believe It is safe to say that your idea is correct. It could be possible that this powerful chakra could run throughout his body as well, but since my guess has not been confirmed as of now, we should stick with this at least.

Also, I've always thought that "Theoretically' could be used as an adjective for something that is not practical, but you probably know English better than I. Thank you for correcting my mistakes.

lmao the guys post u quoteted was so wrong tsykuomi cant be broken or has never been broken except by sasuke i thinkl but itachi is so good at it that no one can even stand up to him he can preform a genjutsu with one finger evrery 10 secs

Well, it was merely a guess.

Also, I will admit that I probably do not know as much about Tsykuomi as you guys do. Has it been confirmed that this technique is absolutely inescapable? Either way, it has at least been confirmed in 462 that the Raikage can apparently move fast enough for a Sharingan user to have difficulty keeping up with. I guess now the question is, do we think Itachi's Sharingan could been effective against someone with such speed? Probably, but we cannot tell for sure.

Amateratsu
09-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Itachi is a superior shinobi that will, no doubtedly, beat down any opponent. He died and basicly suicided for his own brother who has hated him the entire time.

nexthokage
09-15-2009, 02:40 PM
imo is itachi

Space Cowboy Sasori
09-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Also, I will admit that I probably do not know as much about Tsykuomi as you guys do. Has it been confirmed that this technique is absolutely inescapable? Either way, it has at least been confirmed in 462 that the Raikage can apparently move fast enough for a Sharingan user to keep up with. I guess now the question is, do we think Itachi's Sharingan could been effective against someone with such speed? Probably, but we cannot tell for sure.

Though Kakashi says that Tsukuyomi cannot be escaped, Sasuke has been able to break out of Tsukuyomi by using his own Sharingan.

However, it needs Eye contact and the Raikage is fast. Raikage also knows about the Sharingan, so Raikage might use Gai's approach since he can use Taijutsu very affectively.

It also needs a massive amount of chakra though, so it depends what Itachi does before he uses this technique.

Nābris
09-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Ah, ok. Good points, but now this has come to an official standstill. We need to more about Raikage before we can really continue onward, but from this we can clearly see that he is a formidable opponent.

**Oh, just to fix a silly error. What I meant to say was that the Raikage's speed is so overwhelmingly fast that even Sharingan users "have difficulty keeping up with him". Sorry about that.

/facepalm.

ItachiAnbu
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Very good hypothesis.
Now that you have mentioned it, I re-read chapters 461-463 and found something interesting that makes this thesis very much plausible.

Look on the first page of Chapter 463, down in the bottom right corner where Sasuke supposedly stabs the Raikage with his Chidori. It seems as if the Lightning Chakra around the Raikage is acting like a shield, preventing the Chidori from piercing the skin badly.

So, I believe It is safe to say that your idea is correct. It could be possible that this powerful chakra could run throughout his body as well, but since my guess has not been confirmed as of now, we should stick with this at least.

Also, I've always thought that "Theoretically' could be used as an adjective for something that is not practical, but you probably know English better than I. Thank you for correcting my mistakes.

Well, it was merely a guess.

Also, I will admit that I probably do not know as much about Tsykuomi as you guys do. Has it been confirmed that this technique is absolutely inescapable? Either way, it has at least been confirmed in 462 that the Raikage can apparently move fast enough for a Sharingan user to have difficulty keeping up with. I guess now the question is, do we think Itachi's Sharingan could been effective against someone with such speed? Probably, but we cannot tell for sure.

It has been confirmed that only someone with a fully developed three-tomoe Sharingan or the Mangekyou can break Tsukuyomi. This was mentioned in the Itachi vs. Sasuke fight, but I forget the exact chapters.

I agree that this is probably a toss-up between the two. Anything could really happen.

Kuromaki
09-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Umm well because I just want to see Itachi win thats why. *Smiles* Itachi is a Uchiha...with his Mangekyo Sharingan he could light the RaiKage with Amaterasu and or get him with Tukuyomi, plus predict his moves before he could land a hit. Itachi was always better with his Sharingan then Sasuke so he dodge or replace himself with Shadow clones (With his High Speed Hand signs). And FINALLY if all fails Itachi could use his Final MS ability the Sunuso (Sorry for spelling). Happy now? :)
*Sighs* That is called fanboyism and is not approved of in the battlegrounds. If I wanted to see Ino win, would she? No. Obito is an Uchiha too does that mean he can win any battle? No...Also, the Raikage was able to dodge Sasuke's Amaterasu with his speed alone, and Sasuke was noted to be possibly better than Itachi at controlling Ammy. And, as stated by his bodyguards, Raikage's movements are too fast for the Sharingan, and Tsukuyomi could possibly be dispelled by the Raikage sending a shock to his brain using his Raiton chakra. Itachi would have difficulty countering the Raikage's high speed even though he is quite fast himself, and shadow clones would be taken out with a simple punch, especially considering the Raikage's great strength. Susano'o's attacks could be dodged since the Raikage has great speed, and he could get behind Itachi and attack him from there.
Itachi is a superior shinobi that will, no doubtedly, beat down any opponent. He died and basicly suicided for his own brother who has hated him the entire time.
Um, what about Madara, Pain, Sasori, and Rikudo Sennin...?

ItachiAnbu
09-16-2009, 02:42 PM
*Sighs* That is called fanboyism and is not approved of in the battlegrounds. If I wanted to see Ino win, would she? No. Obito is an Uchiha too does that mean he can win any battle? No...Also, the Raikage was able to dodge Sasuke's Amaterasu with his speed alone, and Sasuke was noted to be possibly better than Itachi at controlling Ammy. And, as stated by his bodyguards, Raikage's movements are too fast for the Sharingan, and Tsukuyomi could possibly be dispelled by the Raikage sending a shock to his brain using his Raiton chakra. Itachi would have difficulty countering the Raikage's high speed even though he is quite fast himself, and shadow clones would be taken out with a simple punch, especially considering the Raikage's great strength. Susano'o's attacks could be dodged since the Raikage has great speed, and he could get behind Itachi and attack him from there.

Um, what about Madara, Pain, Sasori, and Rikudo Sennin...?

I'd like to point out that the Raikage cannot "get around" Itachi's version of the Susano'o because the Yata mirror protectcs him on all sides.

Also, as I pointed out in my earlier post, that "shock to his brain" would most likely kill or incapacitate the Raikage, as the brain's electric signals would become confused, as well as over-loaded.

Kuromaki
09-16-2009, 02:58 PM
I'd like to point out that the Raikage cannot "get around" Itachi's version of the Susano'o because the Yata mirror protectcs him on all sides.

Also, as I pointed out in my earlier post, that "shock to his brain" would most likely kill or incapacitate the Raikage, as the brain's electric signals would become confused, as well as over-loaded.
In that case, Tsukuyomi might be able to incapacitate Raikage as I said in an earlier post. But the Yata mirror protecting Itachi from all sides? I thought it only protected him from the front, and if he can protect himself from the back then the Raikage might be able to smash one of its ribs. If he can't, then he could just avoid Susano'o's attacks with his speed until Itachi's life force drains out.

ItachiAnbu
09-16-2009, 03:01 PM
In that case, Tsukuyomi might be able to incapacitate Raikage as I said in an earlier post. But the Yata mirror protecting Itachi from all sides? I thought it only protected him from the front, and if he can protect himself from the back then the Raikage might be able to smash one of its ribs. If he can't, then he could just avoid Susano'o's attacks with his speed until Itachi's life force drains out.

True, Susano'o is a better defensive weapon than offensive.

But we saw when Itachi walked up to Sasuke towards the end of their fight, that the Mirror could be used to cover Itachi as well.

Kuromaki
09-16-2009, 03:06 PM
True, Susano'o is a better defensive weapon than offensive.

But we saw when Itachi walked up to Sasuke towards the end of their fight, that the Mirror could be used to cover Itachi as well.
Well, even if the mirror protects Itachi from all of the Raikage's attacks, Susano'o will still drain his life force, and he will either end up dying from using it or having to stop using it.

ItachiAnbu
09-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Well, even if the mirror protects Itachi from all of the Raikage's attacks, Susano'o will still drain his life force, and he will either end up dying from using it or having to stop using it.

True.

That's why I said this match is a toss-up, because we don't know if the Raikage could avoid Itachi's Totsuka blade before he had to stop using the technique. We also don't know if the Raikage could repel Tsukuyomi or not.

Nikushimi
09-16-2009, 11:15 PM

Itachi didn't avoid Kirin, he tanked it with Susano'o. Granted Raikage isn't as fast as lightning, he's still massively hypersonic, and Sasuke's Sharingan couldn't keep track of him at all. He was even fast enough to physically dodge Amaterasu with just Shunshin no Jutsu.

He'd give Itachi a good fight, but he'd lose to Susano'o from what we've seen so far.

deidara rules
09-16-2009, 11:24 PM
itachi duh