PDA

View Full Version : A Conversation with Nine Tails

mrsticky005
09-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Any idea WHY the Nine Tails would say this to Sasuke:

It may be my undoing, but let me tell you one thing:
Don't kill Naruto. You'll only regret it.

Anybody else wonder WHY the Nine Tails said this?

Fan of Minato
09-10-2009, 04:58 PM
its because, if Naruto dies so will the Kyubi...

it only lives as long as Naruto does :D.

yondaime
09-10-2009, 05:05 PM

it only lives as long as Naruto does :D.

Yep he said it.

Kizomaru Yukimoto
09-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah ... Unless he's grown to like naruto .. LOL ! JK !

uchihapride
09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
i thought if naruto dies it goes to chakra form are if naruto lives it goes to pyhisical form,i may be wrong i probably am, you can correct me if im wrong

Seven
09-10-2009, 05:09 PM
because of the fact that if Naruto Dies the Kyubi will 2

ninjamom
09-10-2009, 05:12 PM
It may be more than just the survival of the kyuubi. Yes, he's motivated most importantly by self-preservation, but he may also be intimating at the shared bond between Naruto and Sasuke. It could also be foreshadowing of Naruto's potential role of saving Sasuke from himself. (As Naruto was recently the catalyst for saving Nagato from himself.) It's not that the Nine Tails is giving out good advice; he is pure evil. He may just sense the bond and Naruto's role in Sasuke's future and stating a fact. I know, I know, it's a lot to read into one sentence, but it's just my opinion.

mrsticky005
09-10-2009, 05:26 PM
It looks like basically all of you did not read the quote correctly.

Read it again:

When the fox says "it may be my undoing" the word "it" refers to his telling Sasuke
not to kill Naruto NOT if Naruto dies. This indicated by the word "but".

If the fox said "It may lead to my undoing so let me tell you not to kill Naruto"

Then that WOULD mean the fox doesn't want Naruto to die because so will he.

But the fox is saying that Sasuke must not kill Naruto even if it causes the fox
to be destroyed.

So again I ask you all, why would the Nine Tails tell Sasuke this?

deidara330
09-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Warning: The following post is a wall of text. If you do not like long posts, please skip over this one and read the next post.
Actually, I think that it's something big. Whenever Naruto's emotions are stirred up, it allows some of the Kyuubi's chakra to slip through the seal. When enough chakra leaks out of the seal, it forms into a tail that represent the Kyuubi's tail. This chakra hurts Naruto, so when it reaches four tails, he becomes covered in blood, and loses his consious self. I believe that this state of consiousness symbolizes the Kyuubi becoming closer to fully possesing Naruto's body. Theoretically, when Naruto reaches all nine tails, he will die from being unable to hold the massive amount of chakra that the Kyuubi has. That way, the Kyuubi, who would already be at nine tails, would continue to live without a host to restrain him. But what's that got to do with Sasuke? Well, the seal gets weakened further and further the more that Naruto's emotions rage. I believe that every time he enters the tailed state, and becomes consious again, the loosenings are still there. This would make it easier for the Kyuubi to take over Naruto's body without Naruto needing to enter a flurry of rage. What I think happened is that the Kyuubi foresaw the chance to more easily take over Naruto, and warned Sasuke that he would attempt to fully posses Naruto if he ever tried to kill Naruto. This would ensure both Naruto and Sasuke's deaths and the Kyuubi's survival. So the Kyuubi warned Sasuke, "I will kill you if you try to kill me." Because in a way, trying to kill Naruto would be the same as trying to kill the Kyuubi. He would throw away Naruto's life for his own survival. In fact, I also believe that this could be what gets Sasuke to return to the Leaf village, indirectly. But then again, he may not even come back at all. We'll just have to wait and see how the events unfold.

sharingandeamon24
09-10-2009, 05:32 PM
kyubi would die if naruto would he even said that and remember that one episode were he was dying it was getting darker in the seal

JPSM
09-10-2009, 05:39 PM
It may be more than just the survival of the kyuubi. Yes, he's motivated most importantly by self-preservation, but he may also be intimating at the shared bond between Naruto and Sasuke. It could also be foreshadowing of Naruto's potential role of saving Sasuke from himself. (As Naruto was recently the catalyst for saving Nagato from himself.) It's not that the Nine Tails is giving out good advice; he is pure evil. He may just sense the bond and Naruto's role in Sasuke's future and stating a fact. I know, I know, it's a lot to read into one sentence, but it's just my opinion.

My guess is this, in the Japanese mythology, there is a Kyuubi, a nine tailed fox, that lived for more than 1000 years, they are god like creatures above evil and good, that know everything, the Kyuubi in Naruto, looks bad not that she is bad, but more likely cause Madara controlled her agaisnt her will, so she hates the humans, cause in every human she sees a Uchiha Madara...so the reasons for the Kyuubi to say that would be, self preservation above all (if naruto dies, she dies too), the bond that Naruto and Sasuke share (even the Kyuubi would not destroyed it, cause friendship is everything, its a current theme in Japanese mythology that friendship and love, save the day, even if in the end there is some suffering cause of that)

Also, althought the Kyuubi is always looking that she don't like Naruto, probably she knows that he is the only one that can give the revenge she wants...kill Uchiha Madara...cause she is the only one that knows is full potential

mrsticky005
09-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Good post deidara330 looks like you were reading.

Again people the fox is basically saying

Even though it may cause my downfall there's something I must tell you.
What I must tell you is that you must not kill Naruto.

The fox isn't saying "Don't kill naruto because if you do I will die and you'll regret it".

mrsticky005
09-10-2009, 05:42 PM
the revenge she wants...kill Uchiha Madara

Nine Tails is a girl? Where'd it say that?

Yeah I also think Nine Tails wants revenge against Madara

Sage_freak
09-10-2009, 05:45 PM
hmm it would be interesting to see what would happen if naruto and sasuke fight again..

mrsticky005
09-10-2009, 05:47 PM
hmm it would be interesting to see what would happen if naruto and sasuke fight again..

Sasuke won't kill Naruto because of what Nine Tails told him.
Naruto won't kill Sasuke because it's against his ninja way.

They will team up to fight Madara and/or Danzo.

JPSM
09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
the revenge she wants...kill Uchiha Madara

Nine Tails is a girl? Where'd it say that?

Yeah I also think Nine Tails wants revenge against Madara

In my mother tonge Fox its a feminine name...lol...with that voice I seriously doubt that the Kyuubi its a female....:lol:

Uchiha master
09-10-2009, 05:49 PM
If naruto go bye bye kyuubi go bye bye

deidara330
09-10-2009, 05:49 PM
It looks like basically all of you did not read the quote correctly.

Read it again:

When the fox says "it may be my undoing" the word "it" refers to his telling Sasuke
not to kill Naruto NOT if Naruto dies. This indicated by the word "but".

If the fox said "It may lead to my undoing so let me tell you not to kill Naruto"

Then that WOULD mean the fox doesn't want Naruto to die because so will he.

But the fox is saying that Sasuke must not kill Naruto even if it causes the fox
to be destroyed.

So again I ask you all, why would the Nine Tails tell Sasuke this?
To address the quote "It may be my undoing, but let me tell you one thing:
Don't kill Naruto. You'll only regret it." while further reinforcing my theory, I would like to say that the Kyuubi would have the theory of a full possesion. It would require the death of Naruto, and he wouldn't know how Naruto's death would affect his life, despite being in nine tails state. He says, "It may be my undoing", as though he's unsure whether or not possesing Naruto's body will allow him to survive.
My guess is this, in the Japanese mythology, there is a Kyuubi, a nine tailed fox, that lived for more than 1000 years, they are god like creatures above evil and good, that know everything, the Kyuubi in Naruto, looks bad not that she is bad, but more likely cause Madara controlled her agaisnt her will, so she hates the humans, cause in every human she sees a Uchiha Madara...so the reasons for the Kyuubi to say that would be, self preservation above all (if naruto dies, she dies too), the bond that Naruto and Sasuke share (even the Kyuubi would not destroyed it, cause friendship is everything, its a current theme in Japanese mythology that friendship and love, save the day, even if in the end there is some suffering cause of that)

Also, althought the Kyuubi is always looking that she don't like Naruto, probably she knows that he is the only one that can give the revenge she wants...kill Uchiha Madara...cause she is the only one that knows is full potential
I'm pretty sure the Kyuubi is a dude.

JPSM
09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm pretty sure the Kyuubi is a dude.

I know...XD...I was talking about the Kyuubi japanese mythology creature and the the Kyuubi inside Naruto, and in my mother tonge fox its a feminine name...that's why I said "she", but with that voice and temper, Naruto's Kyuubi could hardly be a female fox....:lol:

deidara330
09-10-2009, 05:53 PM

Sasuke won't kill Naruto because of what Nine Tails told him.
Naruto won't kill Sasuke because it's against his ninja way.

They will team up to fight Madara and/or Danzo.
Sasuke doesn't give a crap about what an old fox says (I just referenced a Raikage quote at Danzo) and would kill Naruto anyways. Well, he would try, if he thought Naruto was in the way of his goal. He's too careless to believe the Kyuubi's warning. So Naruto and Sasuke would fight, but Sasuke would try to kill, and Naruto wouldn't.

mrsticky005
09-10-2009, 05:54 PM
He says, "It may be my undoing", as though he's unsure whether or not possesing Naruto's body will allow him to survive.

Good point.

But is it just me or does it sound like the fox thinks that there
could be something more important than itself?
"It may be my undoing, but let me tell you one thing:"
is the fox not saying "Telling you this could possibly
lead to my destruction"? implying that it's THAT important.

deidara330
09-10-2009, 05:56 PM
He says, "It may be my undoing", as though he's unsure whether or not possesing Naruto's body will allow him to survive.

Good point.

But is it just me or does it sound like the fox thinks that there
could be something more important than itself?
"It may be my undoing, but let me tell you one thing:"
is the fox not saying "Telling you this could possibly
lead to my destruction"? implying that it's THAT important.
Telling him that wouldn't lead to his destruction, so I'm confused there.

mrsticky005
09-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Sasuke doesn't give a crap about what an old fox says (I just referenced a Raikage quote at Danzo) and would kill Naruto anyways. Well, he would try, if he thought Naruto was in the way of his goal. He's too careless to believe the Kyuubi's warning. So Naruto and Sasuke would fight, but Sasuke would try to kill, and Naruto wouldn't.

I think you underestimate Sasuke. Let's not forget Sasuke got a personal
lesson in "Don't Mess With Nine Tails" in the fight against Naruto at the Final Valley.

Sasuke is careless?

Sasuke has only been shown as "careless" in the Raikage fight.
But every other time Sasuke has always been cautious.
Naruto is someone who is careless. Or I should say WAS.
Naruto would run into a fight and attack without thinking.
Like Itachi said "he is the kind that barges in and barks first".
Sasuke on the other hand always seem to plan out his fights.
When he fought Deidara the planning was ridiculously planned.
He was not in the least bit "careless."

mrsticky005
09-10-2009, 06:00 PM

The fox is saying that KEEPING Naruto alive could lead to the fox's ruin.

deidara330
09-10-2009, 06:24 PM

I think you underestimate Sasuke. Let's not forget Sasuke got a personal
lesson in "Don't Mess With Nine Tails" in the fight against Naruto at the Final Valley.

Sasuke is careless?

Sasuke has only been shown as "careless" in the Raikage fight.
But every other time Sasuke has always been cautious.
Naruto is someone who is careless. Or I should say WAS.
Naruto would run into a fight and attack without thinking.
Like Itachi said "he is the kind that barges in and barks first".
Sasuke on the other hand always seem to plan out his fights.
When he fought Deidara the planning was ridiculously planned.
He was not in the least bit "careless."
Well, I suppose he isn't careless, but I would mean to say that he would underestimate the fox's warning. He was able to suppress the chakra with an ordinary Sharingan, and he beat Deidara knowing nothing about his abilities beforehand. He strategizes, always changing plans mid-battle, so I don't believe he would doubt his ability to defeat the fox with enough strategizing. I'm saying his previous successes, time and time again, would lead to an underestimation of the Kyuubi as they face off.

The fox is saying that KEEPING Naruto alive could lead to the fox's ruin.
Now I'm more confused. Altough it would make sense that keeping Naruto alive would ruin the Kyuubi's chance of surviving.

ShariKage
09-10-2009, 06:26 PM
cause naruto would pwn his ass, lol.

nexthokage
09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah ... Unless he's grown to like naruto .. LOL ! JK !

u never know in the world of naruto lol

dragonjinchuriki dj
09-10-2009, 06:40 PM
because he knows that he still kinda like naruto? +if naruto dies kyuubi dies so hes trying 2 trick him

Nine-TailedSage_Naruto
09-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, I suppose he isn't careless, but I would mean to say that he would underestimate the fox's warning. He was able to suppress the chakra with an ordinary Sharingan, and he beat Deidara knowing nothing about his abilities beforehand. He strategizes, always changing plans mid-battle, so I don't believe he would doubt his ability to defeat the fox with enough strategizing. I'm saying his previous successes, time and time again, would lead to an underestimation of the Kyuubi as they face off.

Now I'm more confused. Altough it would make sense that keeping Naruto alive would ruin the Kyuubi's chance of surviving.

hw is that??...hw is keeping naruto alive gonna ruin his chances of survival???

Shkin
09-11-2009, 12:05 AM

i've read that mythology. and yeah what you say is very possible.

but i don't think the kyubi understands friendship. so why did he tell that to Sasuke? maybe because the kyubi knows that Sasuke can really kill Naruto. and if Sasuke does there will be no other means to save Sasuke from himself and Madara. Madara will triumph in his plans.

or another theory would be maybe the kyuubi needs/wants to be complete (since its only half that is in Naruto) killing Naruto might kill him too or he needs Naruto to be alive and take possesion of the other half of the kyuubi that will be unsealed only by Madara or Sasuke...so they all need to be alive for the moment... far-fetched but am really trying...xD LOL

JPSM
09-11-2009, 03:11 AM
i've read that mythology. and yeah what you say is very possible.

but i don't think the kyubi understands friendship. so why did he tell that to Sasuke? maybe because the kyubi knows that Sasuke can really kill Naruto. and if Sasuke does there will be no other means to save Sasuke from himself and Madara. Madara will triumph in his plans.

or another theory would be maybe the kyuubi needs/wants to be complete (since its only half that is in Naruto) killing Naruto might kill him too or he needs Naruto to be alive and take possesion of the other half of the kyuubi that will be unsealed only by Madara or Sasuke...so they all need to be alive for the moment... far-fetched but am really trying...xD LOL

what you said could be truth, but about the Kyuubi don't understanding friendship, if we consider that Kishimoto took in acount the Japanese mythollogy Kyuubi, then, the Kyuubi in Naruto's belly, would know everything, so understanding the friendship bond between them

Shkin
09-11-2009, 03:28 AM
what you said could be truth, but about the Kyuubi don't understanding friendship, if we consider that Kishimoto took in acount the Japanese mythollogy Kyuubi, then, the Kyuubi in Naruto's belly, would know everything, so understanding the friendship bond between them

but will understanding friendship and human emotions (Naruto has lots of it) be a good thing?

good- if it will turn out that by understanding those it will have (emotion) sympathy towards Naruto. making it easier to control

bad- if he uses that knowledge to manipulate Naruto and control him against all of Naruto beliefs...

i wonder how it will play in the story if its really true. xD

JPSM
09-11-2009, 04:49 AM
but will understanding friendship and human emotions (Naruto has lots of it) be a good thing?

good- if it will turn out that by understanding those it will have (emotion) sympathy towards Naruto. making it easier to control

bad- if he uses that knowledge to manipulate Naruto and control him against all of Naruto beliefs...

i wonder how it will play in the story if its really true. xD

Well by now, I believe that she will explore it in the best way to fight agaisnt Madara in full strenght, to increase the chances of Naruto beating Madara...after it, maybe the Kyuubi starts to feel sympathy towards Naruto, true sympathy, not an oppurtunistic one...

Skrall
09-11-2009, 05:01 AM
I have dicovered some information about the Nine-Tails, maybe this can help you:

(Nine-Tailed Demon Fox)Jinchuuriki: Uzumaki Naruto
Tale in the Legend of the Tailed Beasts: This is a bijuu in the shape of a nine-tailed fox, and the strongest of them all. The reason he is so powerful is simple: Kyuubi has an unlimited amount of power, earning it the “King of Bijuu” title. The power is generated by Kyuubi’s Fire Seal, and as a result, after battling for 100 years with Yamata no Orochi, it becomes exhausted; but Kyuubi continues standing, able to fight. It is also pretty cunning and smart.
Situation in the Ancient War of the 9 Gods: Battled 4 times; All of them victories
Wins: Nekomata, Houkou, Raijuu, Yamata no Orochi
Fate: In unclear whereabouts, Kyuubi continues to kill all the people on his way to find the one who awakened him, and the one who managed to seal him before. (That being Yondaime, probably) Yamata no Orochi didn’t tell Kyuubi, though, that the one who awakened him was the Eight Tails himself.
Japanese Myth Appearance: Kyuubi no Youko is the strongest (S Level) Bijuu of the Japanese Myth. Its body has a red fur; Kyuubi represents the element of Fire. Its abilities are incredible. Because it has never been defeated by any youkai, its total strength is unable to estimate. His tails create cyclones by spinning quickly, and Kyuubi proceeds to rip its enemies with its huge claws. At the same time his fur may shoot fireballs similar to meteorites endlessly, instantly destroying villages. In the ancient Bijuu wars, a challenge results in Houkou being severely wounded, and Nekomata nearly dying, but ending up being rescued by his master, Shinigami (God of Death). Yamata no Orochi depended on the Kusanagi no Tsurugi to fight Kyuubi, but was defeated and the sword received a cracked hole, courtesy of our kitsune.
Ability: Fire element attacks, Flaming claws, and other things depicted above
Bijuu Strength Ranking: 1st
Bijuu Chakra/Stamina Ranking: 1st
Symbolic Element: Fire (God of Fire)
Origin / Discovered in: Hidden Altar of Gods in Kobe
Personal Notes: Interesting how he searches for the one who sealed him. Also, it would be nice if Oro was the cause of Kyuubi’s awakening – the reason Kyuubi attacked the village may very well be because it’s the place he was last seen.
More info about Kyuubi: The Kyuubi is an intelligent demon that is capable of speech and has a scathing, sadistic personality. However he has also a sense of fairness and sarcastic honour, as he sometimes helps Naruto when he is in a difficult situation. This could be for purely selfish reasons, however, for it is speculated that if Naruto dies, then the Kyuubi will die with him. It seems likely that the Kyubi has some concept of a loathing respect for Naruto and even more so for the Fourth Hokage.

Kon
09-11-2009, 06:08 AM
yea but the whole
if Naruto dies u'll regret it parts got me wondering he made a threat to sasuke but if Naruto dies the kyuubi dies aswell he cant back that threat up unless he still lives for a short period afterward???

mrsticky005
09-11-2009, 08:50 AM
yea but the whole
if Naruto dies u'll regret it parts got me wondering he made a threat to sasuke but if Naruto dies the kyuubi dies aswell he cant back that threat up unless he still lives for a short period afterward???

I'm thinking it's not a threat. It's a warning. A warning about Madara.
If Sasuke kills Naruto then Madara will win.

Shkin
09-11-2009, 09:32 AM
yea but the whole

I'm thinking it's not a threat. It's a warning. A warning about Madara.
If Sasuke kills Naruto then Madara will win.
if the kyuubi really understands human emotion (especially friendship) then he'll know that Sasuke will regret it (personally) if he kills Naruto.

or the kyuubi knows that if Sasuke kills Naruto (thereby killing the kyuubi) then Madara will succeed in his plans. i think (since the Kyuubi lived longer than anybody) only the kyuubi knows what will/how to kill Madara.

if Madara triumphs Sasuke will regret it for the rest of eternity.

Sage_freak
09-11-2009, 09:38 AM
that is an interesting theory about how the fox knows how to truly kill madara... it will be interesting to see how kishi will use the knowledge of the fox

UchihaItachii
09-11-2009, 09:51 AM
This has been a very interesting confusing discussion. I think the fox he/lol she meant that even though you might kill me by killing naruto I'm going to tell you this anyways. You shouldn't kill him solely because he his your friend and he is the only thing you have left of sanity and redemption. But in the end a fox is a fox so she is only speaking the truth so that it may stay alive for however long Naruto says "believe it" Im not so sure that the beast knows how to defeat madara but it may know of something that can help because its so old and probably remembers something.

uchiha_survivor68
09-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I agree. Kyuubi doesn't want Naruto to die or he will too. But another reason could be that Kyuubi was summoned by Madara, so Kyuubi could be waiting for his summoner to return.

Densetsu_no_D
09-13-2009, 08:38 AM

I can agree with you on that.

mrsticky005
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Now we have Jubi
Kyubi is not the worst.

valtreck
10-28-2009, 01:33 AM

it only lives as long as Naruto does :D.that's right:)

mrsticky005
10-28-2009, 01:35 PM
You know it's kind of funny how the 4th Hokage doesn't seem to hate the nine tails so much. I mean it did cause him to die.