PDA

View Full Version : Issues: How do you make social groups?

Sephiroth89
09-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Can't seem to find it and I really want to make one..a Fan Club.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-06-2009, 12:42 PM
You'll have to ask Aurega, he's in charge of them.

You can't get one for just anything, though.

shinmarubountyhunter
09-06-2009, 12:43 PM
You'll have to ask Aurega, he's in charge of them.

You can't get one for just anything, though.
what he said

<Aurega?>
09-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Villages only, and if you're asking about the forum mall, I have no idea why it exists...

Sephiroth89
09-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Wow..you're serious? Thats stupid. I should be able to just click "creat social group" and make one. Simple as that. If it isn't, this site has officially lost what little respect I've had for it so far -.-

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Thread moved to Technical Issues.

Wow, you now lose respect for this site because we don't want hundreds of social groups full of spam? There's already an off topic section full of those threads.

Fan of Minato
09-06-2009, 12:47 PM

Wow, you now lose respect for this site because we don't want hundreds of social groups full of spam? There's already an off topic section full of those threads.

I don't think he understands the difference between the "Regular Forum" and the Social Groups.

No offense intended:D.

Sephiroth89
09-06-2009, 12:48 PM

No. That is not what I was referring to, though if we wanted to do that, we should have the right to do so as well. Here's it the following things I find stupid about this site so far:

You can't view links at all until you reach 10 posts. (Really stupid but irgnorable)

You can't make social groups on the spur of the moment. If I want to make a social group for so much as my pet freaking Chihuahua I should be allowed to.

Not that mines unreasonable. I actually want to make an Achmed the Dead Terrorist FC Social Group. I've been to some massive and popular forums, and they allow you to simply click "Create social group" and then you can make a social group based on whatever you please (provided it doesn't already exist) this site should be no different.

Naruto321
09-06-2009, 12:49 PM
So each people have their own jobs to do???

Sephiroth89
09-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't think he understands the difference between the "Regular Forum" and the Social Groups.

No offense intended:D.
I know the difference quite well. I was a moderator of a site before even, and actually am working on making one of my own.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-06-2009, 12:52 PM
No. That is not what I was referring to, though if we wanted to do that, we should have the right to do so as well. Here's it the following things I find stupid about this site so far:

You can't view links at all until you reach 10 posts. (Really stupid but irgnorable)

You can't make social groups on the spur of the moment. If I want to make a social group for so much as my pet freaking Chihuahua I should be allowed to.

Not that mines unreasonable. I actually want to make an Achmed the Dead Terrorist FC Social Group. I've been to some massive and popular forums, and they allow you to simply click "Create social group" and then you can make a social group based on whatever you please (provided it doesn't already exist) this site should be no different.

You don't have rights, you have priveleges. Not to sound rude, but demanding to be able to do something is stupid. If we allowed everyone to create a social group whenever they wanted we'd have SO many about NOTHING, which is pointless. If you really want a fan club, go make a thread about it in the section made for fan clubs.

There are reasons for our rules. You are priveleged to be a member here, you don't get to dictate how the forum is ran. To be honest (no offense intended, really) you sound like a whiney brat right now.

Sephiroth89
09-06-2009, 12:55 PM
You don't have rights, you have priveleges. Not to sound rude, but demanding to be able to do something is stupid. If we allowed everyone to create a social group whenever they wanted we'd have SO many about NOTHING, which is pointless. If you really want a fan club, go make a thread about it in the section made for fan clubs.

There are reasons for our rules. You are priveleged to be a member here, you don't get to dictate how the forum is ran. To be honest (no offense intended, really) you sound like a whiney brat right now.
Sigh. Never mind. This will get me nowhere, so I'll just drop it. Its not like it'd be a problem. Just have moderators monitor the social groups and so what if there were spam based social groups? This is just a website, its meant to be fun and entertaining for its users and that'd be a fun feature.

But its clear to me this will be a waste of time to argue. I've been to much better forums anyways, I'm just hanging here casually and being insulted. So instead of wasting my time arguing on this matter when its clear that it will lead to nothing, I'll just drop it.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Nobody insulted you, stop making everyone look like the bad guy.

We do allow people to create spammy stuff, in the off-topic section. Social groups are for villages, not random spammy fan clubs, we have a section for that. There's no need to make a fan club social group when you can just make a fan club.

<Aurega?>
09-06-2009, 01:00 PM

You don't realize that I have to personally monitor ALL the social groups for things that break the rules do you? Since this site is seriously understaffed, members have to do some of the moderation duties.

Leaving them unattended is out of the question, especially since this is a site that have A LOT of underage people.

So no, we are NOT allowing social groups for every random thing, simply because managing and moderating them will be a hell for us. And I have better things to do with the part of free time that I'm choosing to spend here on these boards.

Sephiroth89
09-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Nobody insulted you, stop making everyone look like the bad guy.

We do allow people to create spammy stuff, in the off-topic section. Social groups are for villages, not random spammy fan clubs, we have a section for that. There's no need to make a fan club social group when you can just make a fan club.
I wanted to drop it but its fine if I continue, if you really wish to.

Ah. Actually you called me a whiney brat. That is insulting. But I frankly don't care sense I'm a 20 year old lol But in any case, that answers my question.

This site limits social groups to being about Villages instead of being about whatever floats in your mind, which would be fun to do. Yes you already have fan club section for that, but I so no harm in doing it in Social Groups as well. Sure, its somewhat spammy at times when doing so, but who cares? Just moderate them like you would anywhere else of that nature. Its not like this is an office, it just a forum. Frankly it feels like this site has features turned off in a manner of speaking. It has no custom avatars even, which is appalling. But whatever lol
You don't realize that I have to personally monitor ALL the social groups for things that break the rules do you? Since this site is seriously understaffed, members have to do some of the moderation duties.

Leaving them unattended is out of the question, especially since this is a site that have A LOT of underage people.

So no, we are NOT allowing social groups for every random thing, simply because managing and moderating them will be a hell for us. And I have better things to do with the part of free time that I'm choosing to spend here on these boards.
Ah. Had a feeling you would say that. See, now I wasn't aware that this site is understaffed. Its not my fault that I wasn't aware of this, you should've simply stated as such instead of losing your temper and using caps lock. If you have better things to do, this is fine. Find more staff or spend some free time here. If you don't have time to run a forum and you have your own forum then maybe you have no business opening one up in the first place.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-06-2009, 01:06 PM

Ah. Actually you called me a whiney brat. That is insulting. But I frankly don't care sense I'm a 20 year old lol But in any case, that answers my question.

This site limits social groups to being about Villages instead of being about whatever floats in your mind, which would be fun to do. Yes you already have fan club section for that, but I so no harm in doing it in Social Groups as well. Sure, its somewhat spammy at times when doing so, but who cares? Just moderate them like you would anywhere else of that nature. Its not like this is an office, it just a forum. Frankly it feels like this site has features turned off in a manner of speaking. It has no custom avatars even, which is appalling. But whatever lol

No, if you'd read what I wrote, I said, "No offense, but you sound like a whiney brat right now."

I honestly don't care how old you are, grow up.

No, there'd be a ton of useless groups cluttering up the forum when we already have a ton of useless threads doing that. There are three admins, we are very understaffed, and they can't really add more because they work for Viz, while we are regular users. Aurega here personally does all of the SG and is in charge of the War System, we don't have time to moderate useless groups.

Avatars and such are due to legal reasons.

I'm trying not to be rude, but you're just being difficult.

FACE.PALM.

Aurega is a regular member who took charge of these things, we did not open these forums, Viz did, so we can't just hire more staff and such. x-x

<Aurega?>
09-06-2009, 01:09 PM

If you're 20 then you probably would know some of the copyright laws in the US.

Simply put, Viz doesn't own the Naruto merchandise, they license it. And since these are the official Viz forums, they cannot allow any kind of fanarts or illegal movies on these boards. Nor can they have inappropriate material on them, because it will make the company itself look bad.

Fanarts is a tricky one, because they want to allow them, but if they did, then they wouldn't be able to complain if someone posted a fansub on these sites either. And then, the owners back in japan would revoke Viz's license. So they have to be a bit strict on these rules because this is the OFFICIAL forums.

In case you didn't know, social groups didn't exist until the war council convinced the admins to implement it. However, as a condition, we were given the task to moderate them. If we fail, they will be removed.

Sephiroth89
09-06-2009, 01:11 PM
No, if you'd read what I wrote, I said, "No offense, but you sound like a whiney brat right now."

I honestly don't care how old you are, grow up.

No, there'd be a ton of useless groups cluttering up the forum when we already have a ton of useless threads doing that. There are three admins, we are very understaffed, and they can't really add more because they work for Viz, while we are regular users. Aurega here personally does all of the SG and is in charge of the War System, we don't have time to moderate useless groups.

Avatars and such are due to legal reasons.

I'm trying not to be rude, but you're just being difficult.

FACE.PALM.

Aurega is a regular member who took charge of these things, we did not open these forums, Viz did.
Avatars being due to legal reasons eh? Okay fair enough on that, I can understand that. I also have alot of respect for Viz media releasing Manga and Anime. Consider myself the customer I suppose. In any case, as the customer, I think it'd be best to show more respect and kindness toward a fellow user, you don't have to be rude in order to state the same things that you are. I also was not aware the site was understaffed.

You could've just said so. That DOES explain why alot of things aren't as..good as they could be. I also see nothing on my part that is need of "growing up" I was just stating opinions and how I feel and making a formal complaint.

From what I can tell it is you who needs to grow up for being so rude and disrespectful to me when I have done nothing to call that. Come on man, this is supposed to be a website the internet isn't "srs buisness" chill some and just be professional in how you are saying things, get what I mean?

<Aurega?>
09-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Ah. Had a feeling you would say that. See, now I wasn't aware that this site is understaffed. Its not my fault that I wasn't aware of this, you should've simply stated as such instead of losing your temper and using caps lock. If you have better things to do, this is fine. Find more staff or spend some free time here. If you don't have time to run a forum and you have your own forum then maybe you have no business opening one up in the first place.

I didn't lose my temper nor did I use caps, I am simply emphasizing some words to make it easier to understand. I didn't insult you either, but your posts did sound a bit whiny and childish. You demanded something without bothering to learn the circumstances WHY they weren't given.

kentaru
09-06-2009, 01:15 PM

true even though im not a mod or anything i can tell that it takes way more work then it sounds

Sephiroth89
09-06-2009, 01:15 PM
If you're 20 then you probably would know some of the copyright laws in the US.

Simply put, Viz doesn't own the Naruto merchandise, they license it. And since these are the official Viz forums, they cannot allow any kind of fanarts or illegal movies on these boards. Nor can they have inappropriate material on them, because it will make the company itself look bad.

Fanarts is a tricky one, because they want to allow them, but if they did, then they wouldn't be able to complain if someone posted a fansub on these sites either. And then, the owners back in japan would revoke Viz's license. So they have to be a bit strict on these rules because this is the OFFICIAL forums.

In case you didn't know, social groups didn't exist until the war council convinced the admins to implement it. However, as a condition, we were given the task to moderate them. If we fail, they will be removed.
Okay, now see this post makes more sense. I'd plus rep you but I don't have much rep so it wouldn't matter. But yes, now I understand your point of view and this post was more professional. Thank you for being so informative, I understand at least a little better now the reason for doing things the way you did.

I didn't lose my temper nor did I use caps, I am simply emphasizing some words to make it easier to understand. I didn't insult you either, but your posts did sound a bit whiny and childish. You demanded something without bothering to learn the circumstances WHY they weren't given.
I meant the other person more than you. By the way, caps isn't emphasis, it represents "yelling" if you want emphasis, that is what the bold and underline buttons are for my freind. I actually wasn't meaning it just as a demand, I was posting a complaint and was willing to listen to reason and why the reasons were, which you have now stated. Thank you for informing me, that will be all I require.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Avatars being due to legal reasons eh? Okay fair enough on that, I can understand that. I also have alot of respect for Viz media releasing Manga and Anime. Consider myself the customer I suppose. In any case, as the customer, I think it'd be best to show more respect and kindness toward a fellow user, you don't have to be rude in order to state the same things that you are. I also was not aware the site was understaffed.

You could've just said so. That DOES explain why alot of things aren't as..good as they could be. I also see nothing on my part that is need of "growing up" I was just stating opinions and how I feel and making a formal complaint.

From what I can tell it is you who needs to grow up for being so rude and disrespectful to me when I have done nothing to call that. Come on man, this is supposed to be a website the internet isn't "srs buisness" chill some and just be professional in how you are saying things, get what I mean?

If you would actually read what I wrote, I constantly tell you I do not mean to be rude. You are the one who is consistently complaining after you get told no.

If perhaps you were kinder, less demanding, and would accept that this is the way it is and it is best this way, I wouldn't continue to explain to you why, and having to be more blunt every time.

kentaru
09-06-2009, 01:17 PM

wow dude you probally just skimmed through the whole thing that green wrote. green said that he wasnt trying to be rude its you that is being rude

<Aurega?>
09-06-2009, 01:18 PM
If you would actually read what I wrote, I constantly tell you I do not mean to be rude. You are the one who is consistently complaining after you get told no.

If perhaps you were kinder, less demanding, and would accept that this is the way it is and it is best this way, I wouldn't continue to explain to you why, and having to be more blunt every time.

Just face the fact that I'm better than you ^_^

Sephiroth89

I apologies if I came across as rude. I didn't mean to. I just meant to state my own point of view. I also now understand the point of view both of you are presenting. You have no need to explain anything more, I accept what you are both stating and will drop it now.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
Oh, and I didn't lose my temper. I was expressing how many there would be and the amount of spam they would contain by using caps. I find they do a better job than italics, bold, or underline. I was not yelling at you.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Just face the fact that I'm better than you ^_^

Oh, shut up, Aurega. Just because you're on the inside. xD

<Aurega?>
09-06-2009, 01:21 PM
I meant the other person more than you. By the way, caps isn't emphasis, it represents "yelling" if you want emphasis, that is what the bold and underline buttons are for my freind. I actually wasn't meaning it just as a demand, I was posting a complaint and was willing to listen to reason and why the reasons were, which you have now stated. Thank you for informing me, that will be all I require.

Meh, CAPS is faster to emphasize, as I'm too lazy to click ctrl + u or crtl + b xD

Nine
09-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Hey Aurega,when can you make my SG?

Anbu Leader
09-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Hey i am thinking of making a village but can you guys give me advise how i should ask?

<Aurega?>
09-06-2009, 01:24 PM
When I sort out the mess that is judges, and get the list over things we need to do before we end beta done.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
09-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Edit: Ah, nevermind he was speaking to someone else. Lord, I'm confused today.

Hey i am thinking of making a village but can you guys give me advise how i should ask?

I believe there are requirements for making a village, but I can't remember them right now. x-x

Once you meet those, you can create one in the village section. You then need a Kage (yourself) a co-kage, and three Chunin to make it an official village. From there just read the War Rules and you can work on creating jutsu, if you'd like, and you can submit those for review once the submissions open up again.

kentaru
09-06-2009, 01:30 PM
*stalks this thread*

Ninja Pink
09-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Can't seem to find it and I really want to make one..a Fan Club.

I don't think you can make one...

Naruto321
09-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Yea same here. I have check and it seems you can't make one.

<Aurega?>
09-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh, shut up, Aurega. Just because you're on the inside. xD

I don't think that I gave any "insider" information out. These kind of info tend to be restricted you know xD

The Demon Zabuza
09-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Edit: Ah, nevermind he was speaking to someone else. Lord, I'm confused today.

I believe there are requirements for making a village, but I can't remember them right now. x-x

Once you meet those, you can create one in the village section. You then need a Kage (yourself) a co-kage, and three Chunin to make it an official village. From there just read the War Rules and you can work on creating jutsu, if you'd like, and you can submit those for review once the submissions open up again.

Currently set at 150 posts and a member for a month I believe.