PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks the original series is better? *Possible spoilers for the manga*

nicjmartin
08-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Who thinks the original series is better than Shippuuden?
I do. And here's why (I'll try to make it short):
At the beginning of the series, Naruto actually had to try hard and work to become a better. He had to struggle to gain acceptance and to become respected. In the Shippuuden, he seems like a total Mary Sue character! He's better than everyone at everything, it seems! I know he's the main character, and he has to be great, but it seems like no one else had to fight or anything anymore. And when he went to see Pein, what was with that? Pein all of the sudden going "I believe in you, Naruto" and fixing all the damage he did? Seriously, that seemed like a total overshot to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the series, but Naruto just seems to be a total Mary Sue now. Anyone else agree?

nightfire
08-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Ya i'm not a fan of the character naruto honestly, yes im a sasuke fan don't hate me for it. I think they should have naruto stronger in the shippuden but not as over-powered as he is. It is boring when you know who is going to win and thier has to be those amazing no way he can win this fights, that end with something really cool and story changing.

Alfred Van
09-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Well he now gets stronger easier because Kakashi taught him a way to learn faster.
I do miss some things from the original Naruto,but those are just some little things like Ino's hair and Sasuke's clothes.

Kenshin Mizoguchi
10-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I like Shippuden a lot more than the original. :/

Hebi
10-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I like Shippuden more than regular Naruto
just a little bit....

serenauchiha16
10-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Shippuuden is basicly them all grown up, and to make them seem grown up they are going to be better than everything mostly. I love BOTH The Original series and Shippuuden, Shippuuden because there's more to come, and everyone looks alot better and acts better.
Besides, more show for the Akatsuki.

And being a Diehard Naruto fan doesn't help the hate for anything on here, unless its completly obvious and horrible. >:P

Hidden Ninja45
10-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Shippuden is a lot better. It is darker and less kidish than the original series. The Akatsuki are finally revealed in Shippuden. And I like the story of Shippuden a lot better.

narutosagetoad
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I like the orginal series a bit more, I reminds me of the good times.

sasu_girl
10-10-2009, 08:59 PM
i luv them both and can't choose a fav. i like the stuggles in orig, but i also like the plot of shippuden.

C4 Karura
10-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Sorry, but I think Shippuden's much better. I will agree with the Pain thing, though.

titanscsj
01-02-2010, 07:08 PM
I like shippuden better but the original to me is almost as good as shippuden

narutogirl13
02-05-2010, 06:37 PM
No offense to the people who like the original series, but I like the shippuden just a little bit better

kokojojo
02-05-2010, 07:13 PM
i do miss the 1st part of naruto tho, i think ima go watch sum eps again

JC.
02-06-2010, 08:21 AM
The original series makes me lol, but for action I like shippuden.

Kakuzu
02-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, the original is kinda boring in my opinion... Since they were Genin, they had to have everything explained to them in a battle, making it talk and no fight... Kinda boring if you ask meh... Shippuden helped me realize my heroes, the Akatsuki! I have to watch a Shippudden episode with an Akatsuki member in it every day... The original had no "big" enemies exept Zabuza, Orochimaru (the original revolved around him, also making it boring), Gaara, and Itachi.... There were only 2 Akatsuki members that made an early appearance... So, I was kinda bored with it... Shippudden all the way!:D

NarutoUzumaki12
02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
yeah i guess you're right