PDA

View Full Version : Implanted GPS

CrimsonCatClan
08-13-2009, 01:08 AM
In todays world, with people going missing, would you concent to a legally required tracking item placed inside of you or your children? What are your feelings on this?

Ryota
08-13-2009, 03:08 AM
NONONO! Noone is putting a tracking chip into me or mine! I mean what if you wanted to move out of one country and into another? the country you were from would still have the ability to find you when it is none of their business! Plus, what if someone hacked the system? People who were on WP (witness protection) would be easy to find! It is to inconveniant per person!

Sabra Kusabana
08-13-2009, 03:35 AM
I might go into the pros and cons later, but to me a implanted gps is just plain creepy. I mean yes there's reasons behind it, but it makes me shiver.

Nick Tasogare
08-13-2009, 03:36 AM
I call conspiracy theorist!

Sabra Kusabana
08-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Unfortunately many of the things that could be argued as good reasons for such an implant could also be very bad:

It would be easier to find someone (Kidnaped/Lost), but that would mean that people with ill intentions could also locate victims easier.

You would no longer need certian forms of ID, just let your unit be scanned and there ya go, but that would also mean that certian special service units would be screwed over.

There would be regular checkups for the device to be checked, but along with the medical benefits gained there would be potential operations that would be forced on the person with the implant for replacement/recalibration.

Technology is constantly advancing, so what happens to older implants that become obsolete? They have to be removed and replaced, costing money, and likely pain.

On other minor issued there's the following:

Metal detectors and other receptive devices would be a constant problem.

Electronic shorts would be another issue.

There's more to be said for it, but I just think it'd be a big messy issue that would potentially violate alot of people's sense of privacy.

Toma RNK
08-13-2009, 05:24 AM
In todays world, with people going missing, would you concent to a legally required tracking item placed inside of you or your children? What are your feelings on this?

Absolutely not.

Those who trade liberty for security will end up with and deserve both.

I am all for an optional program but would deny parents the ability to make the decision for the children.

TheBlackChidori
08-13-2009, 05:31 AM
*Taps shoulder*

Welcome to the ways of the future, people.

itachiuchiha85
08-13-2009, 03:04 PM
*Taps shoulder*

Welcome to the ways of the future, people.

REVOLUTION!!! haha. i would probably take up arms if this became a mandatory law of the States.

Chromekatana
08-13-2009, 03:13 PM
REVOLUTION!!! haha. i would probably take up arms if this became a mandatory law of the States.

I would join you. I'm pretty good with a MP5.:lol:

No way I would ever do this. I was watchign this show, Shark Tank(rip-off of Dragon's Den),and this guy ivented a BlueTooth that was implented behind your ear...and you had to stick something in from a wall jack to recharge it...with a wire,lol.

itachiuchiha85
08-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I would join you. I'm pretty good with a MP5.:lol:

No way I would ever do this. I was watchign this show, Shark Tank(rip-off of Dragon's Den),and this guy ivented a BlueTooth that was implented behind your ear...and you had to stick something in from a wall jack to recharge it...with a wire,lol.

nice nice my first supporter. I am rather skilled with nukes lol.

Chromekatana
08-13-2009, 04:10 PM
nice nice my first supporter. I am rather skilled with nukes lol.

I was joking.( I meant i'm skilled with it on CoD):(:|

itachiuchiha85
08-13-2009, 04:13 PM
I was joking.( I meant i'm skilled with it on CoD):(:|

i know you were. mp5 cod4 hu.... i will own you. :D

Chromekatana
08-13-2009, 04:14 PM
i know you were. mp5 cod4 hu.... i will own you. :D
Well, i don't want to get off topic,so I will say that you would own me.

Implanted GPS,current standing= No-no.

itachiuchiha85
08-13-2009, 04:15 PM
lol agreed :D

Sunagakure
08-13-2009, 08:35 PM
No, I would not allow a GPS to be implanted into me. That would be a massive invasion of privacy, and I already feel that there is enough social invasion of privacy as it is without having us basically barcoded.

Amai Shikome
08-13-2009, 08:48 PM
No...I'll leave this with the cats and dogs. LOL

nano
08-14-2009, 05:19 PM
I'd do it! Why not?
I mean really, an invasion of privacy? Yeah, because government officials just love tracking random people down and seeing where they are for no reason, lol.
A GPS system could do a lot of good. The software or whatever would not be made public so it's not like random people would track eachother down. It would only be used in cases of emergency, such as if a child went missing or a criminal was on the loose, and other than that it would serve no purpose. I really see no issue with such an idea, especially if it meant people would stop getting kidnapped and such.
On the other hand, it could be used for bad things... but hopefully when such technology needed to pull this off is easier to fund and use, the world will be a more kind and trustworthy place. :D (Hey, I can dream)

battlehorse
08-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I'd do it! Why not?
I mean really, an invasion of privacy? Yeah, because government officials just love tracking random people down and seeing where they are for no reason, lol.
A GPS system could do a lot of good. The software or whatever would not be made public so it's not like random people would track eachother down. It would only be used in cases of emergency, such as if a child went missing or a criminal was on the loose, and other than that it would serve no purpose. I really see no issue with such an idea, especially if it meant people would stop getting kidnapped and such.
On the other hand, it could be used for bad things... but hopefully when such technology needed to pull this off is easier to fund and use, the world will be a more kind and trustworthy place. :D (Hey, I can dream)
what if the GPS had a bomb and if the button was pressed you would blow up.

nano
08-14-2009, 06:09 PM
what if the GPS had a bomb and if he button was pressed you would blow up.

Well that isn't a very realistic rebuttal, is it?

Colt45thrwngstar
08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Simply put, who moniters all of the people monitering each of the GPS RFID units? You -can't- because even if you use secure signal technology, people can still simply just 'track a specific signal' and triangulate it.

This is a 'protect the children' idea gone horribly wrong.