PDA

View Full Version : The Zetsu-Obito theory

Vivi
08-12-2009, 05:55 AM
I saw a video on youtube about Zetsu=Obito or more half a Zetsu.

So thanks to nexthokage for telling about it.

Firstly:
Does anyone remember what Zetsu sometimes says when he appears?
"Zuzuzu"
That is the exact same thing the Ninja said in chapter 240 P 6 to Obito.
Even using the same Jutsu where he appeared out the earth.

Also in 243 P 11.top pic when the lad is is using rock releasement look at about the middle rock of the boulder on his left.If you look right you can see something in the shape of a face.(As we know Zetsu can merge with the area around him).

Also P 15 in the same one.
On the right bottom corner from kakashi speech bubble where he says:
"...Something like this wouldnt have happened"
We see something very similar! And infact it does resemble a face a lot as well.

There is another one o chapter 243 P 15.Right beside kakashis speech bubble consisting of "........" and this strongly remarks an eye.

Now if you think this is BS in known terms these are known as "Easter Eggs" also if you look at these pics yourself you'll be shocked too.

But there is more prove:
Madara asked if Zetsu had recorded everything he saw between Sasuke and Itachi.
He didnt had anything with him and the Sharingan is also a record eye right?Ok your gonna say know but he doesnt have one.His right eye is red so I guess the Sharingan could be damaged but still functional.

Another thing: In the Uchiha battle a convo between both Zetsu half's.
"How is Sasuke not collapsed to the ground?He just got hit with Tsukuyomi"
The other half says:
"No he didnt yet hit.He overcame it."
"He did?How could someone with a regular Sharingan beat someone with with the Mangekyou?"
"The Sharingan is just another tool that some Ninja can use.A tool only as powerful as the shinobi who uses it.An expert with a stone can still beat a novice with a Shuriken.All he needs is more skill and more power power so basically Itachi underestimated Sasuke's Potentail."

Now how come someone like Zetsu would know that?Only an Uchiha would know.

Obito's personality:
When zetsu,madara and Zetsu wanted to seal Killerbee Zetsu said something:
"It takes forever when there's only a few of us."

Sound alot like a Obito "bored" comment.

"ahahaha A tentacle"
and that sounds like a "fun" comment by Obito.

But there is way more.
There has to be a reason why zetsu has remained such a mystery throughout the series and that is Masashi must have something special planned for him and this might be it.
EG: Zetsu is the the one who might die like Sasori,Deidara etc.
But he is still alive and was the 3rd Akatsuki member appearing.

Also Madara is probably involved of Obito turning into Zetsu somehow.
Probably that is why Zetsu said "Tobi's a good boy" also sounds like a Thank You.

Just a little theory.Its improbable but very possible.

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:00 AM
When I first heard about this, I thought it was a bit ridiculous, but after thinking about it for a minute, it makes a lot of sense. I honestly think this might be the best Obito theory yet.

Vivi
08-12-2009, 06:02 AM
When I first heard about this, I thought it was a bit ridiculous, but after thinking about it for a minute, it makes a lot of sense. I honestly think this might be the best Obito theory yet.

Say do you think the rocks make sense?Its funny because they (unbelievably as it sounds) actually do look like faces.Cant be a coincidence..

Space Cowboy Sasori
08-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Well, that would be a huge surprise. I'm not totally sure about it, but I know Zetsu is going to be a huge asset in the future. I just wanna see him fight a kage, from what I know most of the Akatsuki can kill kages. Can Zetsu kill a kage? We might see in the next few chapters. I just hi-jacked your thread so I'm going back to your thread.

Which half is Zetsu though?

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Say do you think the rocks make sense?Its funny because they (unbelievably as it sounds) actually do look like faces.Cant be a coincidence..

I actually looked, and I didn't see what you meant. Then again, I'm really tired, so I'm not sure.

Vivi
08-12-2009, 06:05 AM
I actually looked, and I didn't see what you meant. Then again, I'm really tired, so I'm not sure.

Dont worry I show you.

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:07 AM
The red eye thing you mentioned I actually don't see, and yes, he's able to record things, but he is also able to show them, so it could be not related to Sharingan, or it could be a gift only he has with Sharingan, like how Shisui could control people.

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Ok, I see what you mean, and it's possible, but if so, that would mean that Zetzu is 2 different people, yes? Obito and another. Who would the other be? And where did that one persons other half go? It looks like a full face in the manga, so where did the other half go? Ya know?

Ero-Senin
08-12-2009, 06:25 AM
The theory is so cool. I believe Zetsu has a big part in the story too. Ican't wait when we will know more about him. he is a very interesting character and the theory is possibly right the only thing we can do is just wait and see if we were right or not =) but thx for this theory. It has evidences too which r not ridiculous so it is a very good one ^^

Vivi
08-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Ok, I see what you mean, and it's possible, but if so, that would mean that Zetzu is 2 different people, yes? Obito and another. Who would the other be? And where did that one persons other half go? It looks like a full face in the manga, so where did the other half go? Ya know?

Zetsu can merge with the area around him.Why not with people?
The other half is Obito.

He took over the other half but for some reason changed colour.
But ya know this is just a theory.
And who even knows what happened incase this is true?

Fan of Minato
08-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Pretty good theory,
probably the best Obito theory so far.

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:30 AM
The other half is Obito.

Yea, but when he does the merging the area doesn't really become one with him. Ohohoh!!!! I just had a cool idea.

Zetsu devours people right? Maybe he devoured Obito, and then I don't know actually. I can't remember xD

zerosameri
08-12-2009, 06:32 AM
so are you saying that Obito is Zetsu? if so how he was crushed underneth tons and tons of rocks. you do not need a sharingan to record things, he could be using something else. he probably knows all of that stuff because he could have been told that, or don research. the read eye, the eye, thing and the face print i don't see.the ''Zuzuzu'' thing could be something the Deidere's 'un' or 'hmmm' thing he says after every thing he says.this: "It takes forever when there's only a few of us." tobi said that when the akatsuki was going to 'summit' the 2 jinjuriki. Zetsu doesn't really resemble Obito.

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:34 AM
so are you saying that Obito is Zetsu? if so how he was crushed underneth tons and tons of rocks. you do not need a sharingan to record things, he could be using somthings else. he probaly knows all of that stuff because he could have been told that, or don reserch. the read eye, the eye, thing and the face print i don't see.the ''Zuzuzu'' thing could be something the Deidere's 'un' or 'hmmm' thing he says after every thing he says.this: "It takes forever when there's only a few of us." tobi said that when the akatsuki was going to 'summit' the 2 jinjuriki. Zetsu doesn't really resamble Obito.

Could you possibly say that more clearly?

Vivi
08-12-2009, 06:36 AM
The red eye thing you mentioned I actually don't see, and yes, he's able to record things, but he is also able to show them, so it could be not related to Sharingan, or it could be a gift only he has with Sharingan, like how Shisui could control people.

Actually Nick it is still unkown if he is able to show his recordings.

zerosameri
08-12-2009, 06:36 AM
Could you possibly say that more clearly?
oh yea sorry, (bad english)

so are you saying that Obito is Zetsu?
-if so how he was crushed underneth tons and tons of rocks.
- you do not need a sharingan to record things, he could be using somthings else. he probaly knows all of that stuff because he could have been told that, or don reserch.
-the read eye, the eye, thing and the face print i don't see.
-the ''Zuzuzu'' thing could be something the Deidere's 'un' or 'hmmm' thing he says after every thing he says.
-this: "It takes forever when there's only a few of us." tobi said that when the akatsuki was going to 'summit' the 2 jinjuriki.
- Zetsu doesn't really resamble Obito.

Vivi
08-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Yea, but when he does the merging the area doesn't really become one with him. Ohohoh!!!! I just had a cool idea.

Zetsu devours people right? Maybe he devoured Obito, and then I don't know actually. I can't remember xD

And this probably doesnt mean anything but in the card game it says he is from Konoha.Possibly a mistake but in connection with this it makes sense.

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Actually Nick it is still unkown if he is able to show his recordings.

Actually, it's unknown how he is able to show them.

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:38 AM
And this probably doesnt mean anything but in the card game it says he is from Konoha.Possibly a mistake but in connection with this it makes sense.

You dirty Narutopedia user xD

Vivi
08-12-2009, 06:42 AM
You dirty german Narutopedia user xD

corrected:geek:

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:43 AM
The other half is Obito.

Oh, also, about the merging:

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Anyways, I gtg, I'll be back in an hour or so, I'll continue this then :D

Vivi
08-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Oh, also, about the merging:

not allowed to post a link to it?:p

and thanks.

Nick Tasogare
08-12-2009, 06:46 AM
not allowed to post a link to it?:p

and thanks.

I don't think it's against the rules, it's like Wikipedia. But like I said, I gotta go rest, I'm tired, and not thinking straight, plus my computer has been going for like, 12 hours

Nemico
08-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Wow i cant believe notice these things
but really nice job on it, its a good theory
wheter true i dont know....

Vivi
08-12-2009, 09:14 AM
I found another prove I think.

Most likely Kishimoto could have planned all time long to make us believe
Obito=Madara so he can do this as surprise.

deidara330
08-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Now if you think this is BS in known terms these are known as "Easter Eggs" also if you look at these pics yourself you'll be shocked too.

To be honest I couldn't find a single one of the things you mentioned.

But there is more prove:
He didnt had anything with him and the Sharingan is also a record eye right?Ok your gonna say know but he doesnt have one.His right eye is red so I guess the Sharingan could be damaged but still functional.

Neither of his eyes are red, and the Sharingan doesn't record things in a way where it can be veiwed by other people.

The other half says:
"He did?How could someone with a regular Sharingan beat someone with with the Mangekyou?"
"The Sharingan is just another tool that some Ninja can use.A tool only as powerful as the shinobi who uses it.An expert with a stone can still beat a novice with a Shuriken.All he needs is more skill and more power power so basically Itachi underestimated Sasuke's Potentail."

Not true. Itachi is the Akatsuki's ally. In a battle situation, you need to know the extent of your own abilities as well as those of your allies to fully take advantage of the situation. Besides, knowing nothing of Zetsu's past means he could've witnessed another Uchiha battle where the things he described took place right in front of him. He also works with Madara, who himself could easily have told Zetsu all this.

Obito's personality:

"ahahaha A tentacle"

To be honest, Obito seems to be too serious to have made that comment. And Zetsu is two people, despite having one name.

But there is way more.
There has to be a reason why zetsu has remained such a mystery throughout the series and that is Masashi must have something special planned for him and this might be it.

I doubt that the Zetsu/Obito plot twist would have any major impact on the story or on any of the characters.

Probably that is why Zetsu said "Tobi's a good boy" also sounds like a Thank You.

Actually it sounded like a completely ironic comment considering that Tobi/Madara is nothing but the embodiment of all hatred in the ninja world.

Any conclusion someone can come up with is possible, but I doubt that this is the most likely possibility about Zetsu.

Hebi
08-12-2009, 01:08 PM
*skakes head*

Sage Of Six Paths
08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
This makes a lot of sense.

But then again, there are many Obito theories,

and for now, I'm going with this:

Obito = Obito

Zetsu = Zetsu

Danzo = Danzo

Tobi = Madara

Tonton = Nagato

deidara330
08-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Tonton = Nagato

? What the heck?

Sage Of Six Paths
08-12-2009, 01:18 PM
? What the heck?

Where was Tonton during the invasion?

Also, it would be the perfect cover.

Beside Shizune... But really

the ultimate leader of

Pain! Think about it...

*eye twitch*

deidara330
08-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Where was Tonton during the invasion?

Also, it would be the perfect cover.

Beside Shizune... But really

the ultimate leader of

Pain! Think about it...

*eye twitch*

*Says sarcastically* Oh, of course, it all makes sense now. There isn't anything crazy about that theory at all.

Sage Of Six Paths
08-12-2009, 01:22 PM
*Says sarcastically* Oh, of course, it all makes sense now. There isn't anything crazy about that theory at all.

Yesh...

Yesh...

His eyes opened...

J-Sun Tasogare
08-12-2009, 01:41 PM
plus he has the same hair style but im not sure yet...

J-Sun Tasogare
08-12-2009, 01:42 PM
This makes a lot of sense.

But then again, there are many Obito theories,

and for now, I'm going with this:

Obito = Obito

Zetsu = Zetsu

Danzo = Danzo

Tobi = Madara

Tonton = Nagato

Tonton=nagato ur right shizune always has tonton!!!!!!!! she didnt there!!!!!!!!!

yokokurama
08-12-2009, 02:41 PM
hmmm. Yes this is a good theory. Let's consider also that Obito was crushed under rocks. Zetsu can merge with body with rocks and earth. Maybe he was in that rock. Also maybe he did then merge the half of Obito that was alive.

Also in terms of recording, we know the sharingan has the ability to record stuff. In episode 115 (i think) after Sasuke beats Orochimaru and absorbs him, he shows Kabuto the battle replayed with his sharingan remember. So the sharingan has the ability to replay seen images. Maybe its true

Narutofreak180
08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Maybe Zetsu used Mayfly to merge with Obito's veins and arteries instead of roots and water veins.

narutoultra
08-14-2009, 02:24 PM
hey wasn't nagato, konan, madara, gaara, kakashi, shizune, sasuke, and orochimaru dead

yes i know oro is dead but everyone but itachi thought he was when he came out of sasuke
why not obito?
after watching that video it seems more likely than any of the other deaths
plus what about zuzuzu
and they both say:the sharingon is a tool for ninja to use

Nine-TailedSage_Naruto
08-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Very good theory (the best obito theory i have see) .....very possible too...obito's was crused under a cave-in....soo how can zetsu absorb him?.....

and as for using mayfly to merge wid obito.... i dont think soo....remb zetsu had absorbed sasori too.....but he dsnt seem to have changed.....

and as for the recording thing and his red eye... and having soo much knowledge of the sharingan
................i think that maby zetsu's been alive for a really really long time....maby even as long as madara.....maby zetsu was a proper human once and madara's freind...but then he could have done some forbiddian jutsu like oro to make him like he is.........and the red eye: i think that its sumthing like a kekei genkai That lets you record and project a certain jutsu.....maby the best thing bout the kekei genkai is that it collects all the info on the recorded person's power ....think bout if he had something like that then it would make him the perfect spy:

Mayfly+The red eye which records and and projects and possibly collects all info on the person and his/her jutsu

so its good for collecting info on your enemy and obersever their fighting style

and if the red eye does have those abilities then it makes sense why zetsu obseves fight all the time and why madara asked zetsu to record itachi VS Sasuke(he might have wanted to analyse itachi's power and maby even learn one of itachi techs himself...if hehasnt already... and observe sasuke's true potential)

So basically: the red eye gives all the statistical and the over all info bout the person and their jutsu........well atleast this is what i think it does:D

ShionUchiha
08-14-2009, 08:36 PM
I would never believe zetsu and obito are the same person

TheBlackChidori
08-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Big Negative.

Drake2pto
08-15-2009, 01:00 AM
How could he be, he got smushed by a huge boulder and then got sealed in there by Earth villlage ninja in the Kakashi Chronicles...

NarutoBankai
08-15-2009, 01:16 AM
But I really am finding it hard to belive how he is part of zetsu all of him was crushed. :cry:

Phenom
08-15-2009, 04:58 AM
But I really am finding it hard to belive how he is part of zetsu all of him was crushed. :cry:

If you remember the ninja who used the jutsu was immediately killed by Kakashi after Obito was crushed. Perhaps he wasn't actually killed and used some jutsu to form his and Obitos body and mind together as one.

It's a far stretch, but I believe firmly that Obito is somehow alive because he wasn't there to meet Kakashi when he "died" like Kakashi's father.

Nine-TailedSage_Naruto
08-15-2009, 03:14 PM
If you remember the ninja who used the jutsu was immediately killed by Kakashi after Obito was crushed. Perhaps he wasn't actually killed and used some jutsu to form his and Obitos body and mind together as one.

It's a far stretch, but I believe firmly that Obito is somehow alive because he wasn't there to meet Kakashi when he "died" like Kakashi's father.

well even minato or rin(kakashi had said he had that he couldnt protect her)wernt there to meet him....

Nābris
08-15-2009, 06:58 PM
This theory is quite interesting. Thank you for sharing it! :D

Though the creator of the video has definitely brought up some good points, the likelihood of this theory being true is unfortunately quite slim. But, who knows for sure? The world of Naruto has seen many dramatic twists before!

SaiyoichiUchiha
08-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I dont think its true

Phenom
08-15-2009, 07:25 PM
well even minato or rin(kakashi had said he had that he couldnt protect her)wernt there to meet him....

I obviously can't say anything for sure about Rin because we have no idea what happened to her that killed her. However, the fact that she wasn't their could mean that she had nothing to regret that had to do with Kakashi. The same would go with Minato.

Kakashi's father regretted not being able to see his son grow up to be the man he became and the fact that he thought Kakashi didn't respect him. This made him wait for Kakashi and him to be able to talk before moving on.

With Obito, it is kind of the same, but still different. Obito was living on inside of Kakashi as his left eye. While he may not have been able to think or act for himself, he was spiritually living on inside of Kakashi. Now this would mean that when Kakashi died, so did the "spirit" of Obito so he should have been there to meet him.

You could look at it another way as well. Obito trusted Kakashi to take care of Rin and protect her. However, Kakashi failed at doing this sometime in his life. This would mean that Kakashi couldn't keep his promise and that Obito would regret ever trusting in Kakashi with something so important to him.

The latter one is much more believable in my opinion.

Kyuubi<3
08-16-2009, 05:39 PM
that does make alot of sense now that i think about it

Kenshin Mizoguchi
08-16-2009, 07:09 PM
I saw this too. Honestly, I don't think this is true, but it is a really good theory.

deidara rules
08-16-2009, 08:36 PM
holy crap!!! I think i beleve it!!!! O_o

assassin
08-16-2009, 08:51 PM

Firstly:
"Zuzuzu"

Also in 243 P 11.top pic when the lad is is using rock releasement look at about the middle rock of the boulder on his left.If you look right you can see something in the shape of a face.(As we know Zetsu can merge with the area around him).

We see something very similar! And infact it does resemble a face a lot as well.

There is another one o chapter 243 P 15.Right beside kakashis speech bubble consisting of "........" and this strongly remarks an eye.

But there is more prove:

The other half says:

Obito's personality:

"ahahaha A tentacle"

But there is way more.

in all honesty.

i noticed the parts from the anime like how zetsu said tobi's a good boy

the others though make complete sense and I agree with this logic completely.

actually with this sorta info you make it much more likely that zetsu is indeed half obito half that other guy.

avamaru
08-16-2009, 08:53 PM
ive always lead to the side of somerthing misterious from tobi there been many theory but this one might be it but at the we will know the real tobi

uchiha_survivor68
08-16-2009, 09:48 PM

Firstly:
"Zuzuzu"

But there is more prove:

The other half says:

Obito's personality:

"ahahaha A tentacle"

But there is way more.

I can agree with the "zu zu zu" part, some what, cause there is a chance that the person from the Kakashi Chronicles, could of been using the same jutsu that Zetsu uses. Especially since no one knows where Zetsu came from, so he could be from perhaps the same village.

I also saw the face on chapter 243, pg 15. But I didn't see the others. (I'm horrible at finding stuff, so I don't have much of an opinion on this one.)

I also have no opinion for the "recording Sasuke vs Itachi battle", cause I couldn't come up with any other conclusion.

For the "how does Zetsu know so much about the Sharingan?", since Zetsu is on Madara side and chances are that he would know.

For the "Obito's personality", I can agree but since Zetsu is split in half, it could just be that one is more serious that the other or that Kishimoto just happened to give one side this personality.

For the last one, I have no idea or conclusion. Except for one. Kishimoto keeps everything a mystery so us fans can talk and ponder about it. Just like the truth of Itachi, how did Kakashi get the sharingan, or (this is the one that I was thinking about) why does the 4th have the same hair and eye color and smile as Naruto. (I already know the answer, so no need to explain.) As I was saying, Kishimoto creates more mysteries which are always solved (or at least that's what I know/think) and that he doesn't try to leave unsolved unless it's supposed to lead to something else. Remember that this is only my opinion, thoughts, ect. The last thing that I want to say is that, if Obito is one of the Zetsu halves, and he was a good Konoha ninja, why would he be someone bad? (This links to the Obito personality, cause it seems unlikely that Zetsu would of just obtained Obito's personality.) But I do think that your idea can be true, or at least somewhat true. That is all.

uchiha_survivor68
08-16-2009, 09:52 PM
I obviously can't say anything for sure about Rin because we have no idea what happened to her that killed her. However, the fact that she wasn't their could mean that she had nothing to regret that had to do with Kakashi. The same would go with Minato.

Kakashi's father regretted not being able to see his son grow up to be the man he became and the fact that he thought Kakashi didn't respect him. This made him wait for Kakashi and him to be able to talk before moving on.

With Obito, it is kind of the same, but still different. Obito was living on inside of Kakashi as his left eye. While he may not have been able to think or act for himself, he was spiritually living on inside of Kakashi. Now this would mean that when Kakashi died, so did the "spirit" of Obito so he should have been there to meet him.

You could look at it another way as well. Obito trusted Kakashi to take care of Rin and protect her. However, Kakashi failed at doing this sometime in his life. This would mean that Kakashi couldn't keep his promise and that Obito would regret ever trusting in Kakashi with something so important to him.

The latter one is much more believable in my opinion.

I think that Obito's soul is partially inside of Kakashi, but the other parts have already passed away to heaven. So I think that the only thing that Obito regrets is not being friends with Kakashi sooner.

Blakexd9
08-17-2009, 07:34 AM

Firstly:
"Zuzuzu"

But there is more prove:

The other half says:

Obito's personality:

"ahahaha A tentacle"

But there is way more.

I dont see it.

Blakexd9
08-17-2009, 07:35 AM
I thought maybe Zetsu got Obito out and Kakuzu patched him up.

MysticGoten
08-17-2009, 09:56 AM
this is the greatest obito theory I've ever seen. It's so...imaginative.

akatsuki_boy
08-17-2009, 12:37 PM
That would be really weird, but it would also be cool!