PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Maximum signature length:

Toma RNK
04-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I am not positive but perhaps due to the rise of "forum families" and with the lack of ability to upload images you may want to consider raising the 255 character signature limit.

Throwin it out for discussion.

Chidori Shuriken
04-22-2009, 05:03 PM
I agree raising the limit.

Kisame
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I agree with this, mine is already full. :cry:

Toma RNK
04-22-2009, 05:25 PM
You guys should fill sideways like

Cousins: Person1, person2, person3.

Toy won't be able to fit anymore, but REALLY long signatures are bad form

SRhyse
04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I raised it to 500.

Tracer
04-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I raised it to 500.

wooters! more space for me not to use I have no family! you all look at me with those eyes! I hate those eyes so cold so alone!

Vidda Hatake
04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
And once again, SRhyse rescues us all!!! ;) Now if he could just do something about.... - I'm out of coffee again?!?

Tracer
04-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm out of coffee again?!?

Problem: Your drink has become clear and tastless and you feel nothing when you swallow
Diagnosses: You ran out of coffee
Solution: Fill up again or get the gobblet of infinite coffee(on sale now in the leaf village giftshop!)

Chidori Shuriken
04-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Uh, the limit seems to be still 255....

Sage Mode
04-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Should be fixed now!

Vidda Hatake
04-23-2009, 07:29 PM
SRhyse said he changed it to 500 last night... did it revert back, or only affect some people?

Tracer
04-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Bonds! People Bonds! no more family its all about the bonds

Chidori Shuriken
04-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Its still at 255....

Toma RNK
04-24-2009, 07:11 AM
This explains to me why ranks are messed up!!!

THANKS GUYS!

Agent Spectre
06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
I know this is old....

But now that you've got this massive piece of software, I'm assuming there will be greater implementation of the profile space, where people can say what they need to say.

If this is the case, can we then LOWER the sig size? I really can't stand the huge "SIGNATURES" people have. It's really ridiculous.
We can't use images in our sigs, so there really is no need of such a giant amount of characters in my opinion.
A sig over 200px tall (8 lines of text) is just annoying.

On a side note, I think changing of user names should be barred.

But whatever... I don't even know why I'm bothering to suggest things...

SRhyse
06-08-2009, 02:20 PM
I know this is old....

But now that you've got this massive piece of software, I'm assuming there will be greater implementation of the profile space, where people can say what they need to say.

If this is the case, can we then LOWER the sig size? I really can't stand the huge "SIGNATURES" people have. It's really ridiculous.
We can't use images in our sigs, so there really is no need of such a giant amount of characters in my opinion.
A sig over 200px tall (8 lines of text) is just annoying.

On a side note, I think changing of user names should be barred.

But whatever... I don't even know why I'm bothering to suggest things...
I agree on the sigs, and yes, once we get all the new features going, they'll be reduced in size dramatically. I choose to let users go crazy for the time being.

And I agree on the changing of usernames, as it pisses me off personally. I'd still let people change, but they'd likely need a good reason to change.

Never stop suggesting, as I take the well thought out ones like yours seriously. Unlike anything ever written by Dubs4Life.

If you ever think I've forgotten about any of your suggestions, didn't read them, or didn't get back to you on them in a timely manner, PM them to me instead.

Thanks!

Nick Tasogare
06-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I agree on the sigs, and yes, once we get all the new features going, they'll be reduced in size dramatically. I choose to let users go crazy for the time being.

And I agree on the changing of usernames, as it pisses me off personally. I'd still let people change, but they'd likely need a good reason to change.

Never stop suggesting, as I take the well thought out ones like yours seriously. Unlike anything ever written by Dubs4Life.

Thanks!

awww, poor SRhyse, hes so stressed when people change their names, i wwont ever again :) *consoles SRhyse* here have some tea :) and a year long vacation!!! YAY!!!! *even though its not for real*

Agent Spectre
06-08-2009, 02:48 PM

If you ever think I've forgotten about any of your suggestions, didn't read them, or didn't get back to you on them in a timely manner, PM them to me instead.

Thanks!

Uber thanks.

I agree, names are only to be changed for very good reason, and such things should be done by an admin like yourself. The only bad thing about it though is now you will probably get PM spammed about name changes that are completely absurd.

I'm so glad someone agrees about this stuff. I tend to get paranoid about my suggestions because I always seem to come off as pretentious, stuck up or whatever (the only time I never felt like that was Fusionfall closed Beta...T_T). It's just... I run forums and I know what I like and what has worked for my communities. I can only speak for myself, because I tend to be in the minority, so.... yeah. (especially on this type of forum... I'm the odd man out) I prefer debating with other members first. XP

I'll be sure to PM if necessary, I just don't like to be annoying.
It's all about respect, dear SRhyse....

Toma RNK
06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Uber thanks.

I agree, names are only to be changed for very good reason, and such things should be done by an admin like yourself. The only bad thing about it though is now you will probably get PM spammed about name changes that are completely absurd.

I'm so glad someone agrees about this stuff. I tend to get paranoid about my suggestions because I always seem to come off as pretentious, stuck up or whatever (the only time I never felt like that was Fusionfall closed Beta...T_T). It's just... I run forums and I know what I like and what has worked for my communities. I can only speak for myself, because I tend to be in the minority, so.... yeah. (especially on this type of forum... I'm the odd man out) I prefer debating with other members first. XP

For what it is worth, I enjoy reading your posts and almost always agree with you. Like any two individuals we will disagree at times, but I assure you, I do not consider you annoying, and value your input.

I am not saying this out of political correctness or anything. Seriously keep the critiques coming.

SRhyse
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Uber thanks.

All your suggestions so far have been spot on, including the vertical to horizontal username field / thread thing Toma called me up and told me you suggested if I recall correctly, so you have full rights to PM me whenever necessary right now. And right now it's necessary ;).

And one dude asked me to change his username from something like "Dudely3498762" to "xXDudely3498762Xx".

For reference, anyone asking to change their username to something stupider will be denied. I can understand having a hastily chosen one that sucked and wanting a real one, or correcting a grammatical mistake, but I mean really.

Nick Tasogare
06-08-2009, 03:03 PM
For reference, anyone asking to change their username to something stupider will be denied. I can understand having a hastily chosen one that sucked and wanting a real one, or correcting a grammatical mistake, but I mean really.

whoa, mad burn, but totally true, i, like some people have serious issue when i make a gramatical mistake in a name or something, but i always think for like, an hour before i change a name, but i always go back and say, frig, thats what i shouldve made my name

obviously, when im talking, i dont care :p

(i kinda have ocd..... :))

Hidan
06-10-2009, 11:51 PM
I raised it to 500.

Please don't change this, but mine can hold up past 500, I think it's because when you changed the Character Limit for my P.M.ing it also raised my signature character limit

Orochimaru666
06-11-2009, 12:00 AM
as i said on that other topic... Forbidden Forum Jutsu

<Aurega?>
06-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Please don't change this, but mine can hold up past 500, I think it's because when you changed the Character Limit for my P.M.ing it also raised my signature character limit

Can you PLEASE shorten your sig? It's getting annoying scrolling a page and a half whenver you post just to read the next post...

jade_waz_here
06-11-2009, 12:36 AM
mhm...well i dont have a fam. :( haha

Vidda Hatake
06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
I raised it to 500.

Thank you!!! Now I can add a sentence to my signature and still keep the saying from my very special friend!!! ;)

TheViolletteHeart
06-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Regarding names, I plan to never change mine again. I changed it once and decided I was much happier with this one. Other people like it better (for the most part), it's easy for me to remember because it's also my name on the Tokio Hotel America forums, and it puts a nice image in your head of a purple heart (not the award, though I suppose it puts that kind of purple heart in your head to, ne?)

As for signatures, I just made mine take up less space.

Kakashi71
06-11-2009, 10:24 PM
some people can post to

Here and some peoples sig only

here

Hidan
06-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Can you PLEASE shorten your sig? It's getting annoying scrolling a page and a half whenver you post just to read the next post...

I'll see what I can do...

Anbu-Phoenix
06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
can you tell me how to hidan senpie

Konan
06-12-2009, 12:48 AM
can you tell me how to hidan senpie

Since I am sitting right next to him I can ask this since HidanSenpai's computer is currently off, what do you me an, if you mean the maximum character length thing one of the mods probably set the character limit to maximum on his signature when he was asking for character limit in P.M.s.

Naruto
06-12-2009, 08:53 AM
All your suggestions so far have been spot on, including the vertical to horizontal username field / thread thing Toma called me up and told me you suggested if I recall correctly, so you have full rights to PM me whenever necessary right now. And right now it's necessary ;).

And one dude asked me to change his username from something like "Dudely3498762" to "xXDudely3498762Xx".

Why can't people make normal usernames instead of stupid ones from the start?

Naruto
06-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Hey guys if you have a long signature put it in spoiler tag like me.

Sage Mode
06-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey guys if you have a long signature put it in spoiler tag like me.

That's a good idea! Everyone do it.

deidara330
06-13-2009, 10:17 AM
That's a good idea! Everyone do it.
Great idea! I'll do that right now!