PDA

View Full Version : I guess ill have the first debate

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I think the this DEBATE FORUM is a bad idea.

I seriously see no need to make a forum for debates. We already have the OFF TOPIC forums and debates happened there on the daily, so why make another subforum for just debates? Also I do not think that people are mature enough to have debates. I can count like 15 people at the most that can debate and I am pushing it.

AND eventually people are gonna start getting their egos bruised or made bigger something that we don't need.

And like the rules say "TEENS FREQUENT THIS SITE" so eventually we will have a teen go ballistic here.

Also how long do you think this is gonna last? like have good debates none of that bull "WHO LIKES SASUKE?" or "WHY IS BLAH BLAH DIFFERENT?"

what do you think?

jounin
08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
well yea you re right because only some people know how to debate or are mature enough to debate and most of the people here only go like, you are rude or only post one word or even give you bad rep.

Sage Mode
08-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I think the this DEBATE FORUM is a bad idea.

I seriously see no need to make a forum for debates. We already have the OFF TOPIC forums and debates happened there on the daily, so why make another subforum for just debates? Also I do not think that people are mature enough to have debates. I can count like 15 people at the most that can debate and I am pushing it.

AND eventually people are gonna start getting their egos bruised or made bigger something that we don't need.

And like the rules say "TEENS FREQUENT THIS SITE" so eventually we will have a teen go ballistic here.

what do you think?

I agree. But if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. Maybe it will be a learning experience.

itachiuchiha85
well yea you re right because only some people know how to debate or are mature enough to debate and most of the people here only go like, you are rude or only post one word or even give you bad rep.

that is exactly what happens. I guess People do not understand that this is not a debating forum. Tho debates can happen there is no need to make a DEBATE SUB FORUM.

madara'
Don't know.It's the admin's decision.

Shika
08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I think that your incorrect. We have have many debates in the last couple days and they didn't get out of hand execept for one or two. The new Debate forum is a great add that can bring some great debates into the site.

jounin
08-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I agree. But if it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. Maybe it will be a learning experience.
yea, we'll just have to whait and see what happends

itachiuchiha85

And a learning experience should be. Tho i tell you this much i won't mind it as long as the people debating are actually MATURE enough to do it in a CIVIL matter. I love debating as you should know so it's a plus for me. Tho i do think of the whole "WHAT IF" situations with this "kids" some of them (I SAID SOME) cannot debate or take someone else's points of views and that might ruin the "experience".

Chidori Shuriken
I agree, rarely Off Topic Debates happen, so why the need to make a new subforum just for debating? Plus, most people get the wrong idea and go ballistic sometime, I see no use for this thread but I do have the needs to use the "right forum if it's there" reaction and since I have a good debate coming up I might as well post it in both Off Topic and here.

DragonAngel
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I think that your incorrect. We have have many debates in the last couple days and they didn't get out of hand execept for one or two. The new Debate forum is a great add that can bring some great debates into the site.

that is if the creator mind is capable of making such a debate.

Most of the users here just start some random debate with barely a purpose.

Life AKA Death
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM
i dont get it either but owell its the admin decision

Chidori Shuriken
08-04-2009, 04:56 PM
And a learning experience should be. Tho i tell you this much i won't mind it as long as the people debating are actually MATURE enough to do it in a CIVIL matter. I love debating as you should know so it's a plus for me. Tho i do think of the whole "WHAT IF" situations with this "kids" some of them (I SAID SOME) cannot debate or take someone else's points of views and that might ruin the "experience".

Yeah, some debates in off topic need more heavy moderation, I suggest Moderators (Sage Mode, SRhyse) should look through the "hot" debating/other topics because like the Most Embarassing one was heavily uncensored.

All I am saying is that there is no need to make this forum as it is just more work for the Moderators.

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 04:56 PM

We have had many debates in the last couple of days, but if you go back a couple of months we have had hundreds more. Basically every topic turns into a debate, no matter what. i am not saying debating is bad, i am saying that if it happens in every thread then what is the point of this sub forum.

btw we have had great debates before this past two days. ive been part of them. i love debating but i hate debating against a wall, which most kids in this site are walls.

Sage Mode
08-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah, some debates in off topic need more heavy moderation, I suggest Moderators (Sage Mode, SRhyse) should look through the "hot" debating/other topics because like the Most Embarassing one was heavily uncensored.

All I am saying is that there is no need to make this forum as it is just more work for the Moderators.

That's fine. If it gets out of hand at all, I'm deleting it.

NARUTARD93
08-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Which is why none of these posts should count. If I remember correctly, there was a big huge debate about the Off-Topics section not counting towards the post count, since is had nothing to do with Naruto. So if I can go over there and talk about what kind of cookies I like to eat and not have anything happen to my post count, why should I be able to come over here and do the same thing and have it affect my post count? I can already see people having debates like that just because it counts.

Shika
08-04-2009, 05:00 PM
that is if the creator mind is capable of making such a debate.

Most of the users here just start some random debate with barely a purpose.

Agreed, but maybe it should be a rule to make debates that make sence as a good debate. What i fear is a thread like: 'Debate about Random Stuff Here'.

Chidori Shuriken
08-04-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm gonna actually make use of the Report Button then, and when I say that I meant it, because things might get outta hand and all that and I wanna make sure that it stays civil.

Chidori Shuriken
08-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Agreed, but maybe it should be a rule to make debates that make sence as a good debate. What i fear is a thread like: 'Debate about Random Stuff Here'.

Then I'm reporting it to be deleted; I mean buisness.

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Which is why none of these posts should count. If I remember correctly, there was a big huge debate about the Off-Topics section not counting towards the post count, since is had nothing to do with Naruto. So if I can go over there and talk about what kind of cookies I like to eat and not have anything happen to my post count, why should I be able to come over here and do the same thing and have it affect my post count? I can already see people having debates like that just because it counts.

I guess this is not suppose to be a "COOKIE VS CAKE" type of debates, more like "WHAT IS SPACE?" or "ARE PLANTS LIVING THINGS LIKE YOU AND I". you know, tho we shall see what happens.

If and i wanna stretch that IIIIIIFFFFFFFF, they stay like that i don't mind them counting. (the posts)

jounin
08-04-2009, 05:04 PM
yea, whe dont want random topics that dont make sense

NARUTARD93
08-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I guess this is not suppose to be a "COOKIE VS CAKE" type of debates, more like "WHAT IS SPACE?" or "ARE PLANTS LIVING THINGS LIKE YOU AND I". you know, tho we shall see what happens.
Yes, but you know that people will and are going to do it. I believe it was already stated that you could debate anything you wanted that's not Naruto related as long as it follows the forum rules. That said, I could go off on a tangent because I don't like rasins in my cookies and get an increase in my post count. Otherwise, the rules about this section need to be changed.

Shika
08-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I have an idea, not sure if we could put it into execution. Almost like the War Council we could do something in witch keeps good debates on, and bad debates off. Just an idea? What do you think?

NARUTARD93
08-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I have an idea, not sure if we could put it into execution. Almost like the War Council we could do something in witch keeps good debates on, and bad debates off. Just an idea? What do you think?
Isn't that the Mods jobs. Besides what's the point of having this if we need people to regulate it?

Chidori Shuriken
Maybe there should be some kind of addition to the rules.

itachiuchiha85
Okay i propose somethings:

If we are gonna have this sub forum, we should have a code of conduct for US by US. To be followed by all of US.

And the first thing that i would suggest would be:

RESPECT OTHER'S POINTS OF VIEWS. If you do not agree with someone state why in a respectful matter. If you do not have a reason why, but you don't agree with the other person then keep YOUR MOUTH SHUT. A simple "NO, I don't agree" is not good enough.

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Also I would not mind being the moderator for this sub forum. i am a strict person, so i think i would be rather good for this sub forum.

NARUTARD93
I agree that there needs to some level of respect here. Simply opposing a view just to oppose a view is childish. You need to state why you oppose someone's veiw. And if too many problems arise from that, then maybe a Thorn and Roses thing could be implented. If you say something neagative, you have to say something positive about it or something like that.

Shika
Okay i propose somethings:

If we are gonna have this sub forum, we should have a code of conduct for US by US. To be followed by all of US.

And the first thing that i would suggest would be:

RESPECT OTHER'S POINTS OF VIEWS. If you do not agree with someone state why in a respectful matter. If you do not have a reason why, but you don't agree with the other person then keep YOUR MOUTH SHUT. A simple "NO, I don't agree" is not good enough.

You must give points of your arguement, and rep should not be a factor in this. You cant rep someone for disagreeing.

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Okay i am putting the rules together right now, so keep the suggestions coming. ill post them once we reach a good amount of them without over loading the users.

Shika
08-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Okay i am putting the rules together right now, so keep the suggestions coming. ill post them once we reach a good amount of them without over loading the users.

How about you must listen. No saying SHUT UP, IM RIGHT!

jounin
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
or respect a persons opinion and not give bad rep because of that

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 05:18 PM
How about you must listen. No saying SHUT UP, IM RIGHT!

that is covered in the first rule.

NARUTARD93
08-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I think the Mods should disable the rep button in this section. If things get out of hand you know that's one of the first things that are going to happen, people are going to start losing rep simply for disagreeing with something.

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I think the Mods should disable the rep button in this section. If things get out of hand you know that's one of the first things that are going to happen, people are going to start losing rep simply for disagreeing with something.

Lets try to keep the admins out of this, lets try to make it work by ourselves. If we can make this work by ourselves then later on we might get a little bit of more freedom since we showed that we are mature enough.

Shika
08-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Lets try to keep the admins out of this, lets try to make it work by ourselves. If we can make this work by ourselves then later on we might get a little bit of more freedom since we showed that we are mature enough.

Agreed.

There should be ABSOLUTLY NO off topic posts. We dont want this turned into a chat. Its a debate.

jounin
08-04-2009, 05:25 PM
yes, lets make the mods see that whe can be mature and work together

NARUTARD93
08-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Alright, but how are you going to keep people from not during this into another random topic section?

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 05:30 PM
IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES THIS SUB FORUM IS GOING TO GET SHUT DOWN AND YOU ARE GONNA GET SINGLED OUT AS THE CULPRIT.

You must give points of your arguement, and rep should not be a factor in this. You cant rep someone for disagreeing.

You cannot, I repeat, you CANNOT start useless debates. IE: "Is sasuke hot?" or "Cookie lovers come here!!!" or "Is dragon ball better than naruto?" we have those in other sections. This forum is for intelligent debates like "What do you think happens after you die?" or "Will we ever have a WWIII?".

Do not bad rep in this forum, at all. No one is wrong here because everyone's opinions are correct until proven other wise. The few instances that someone deserves bad rep would be for major offenses like more than once answering like this "that's retarded" without an explanation or "whatever" but you should not bad rep them if they did it once only, keep in mind they might be new. Also do not point it out to them in public, pm them and ask them nicely "hey man you forgot to put the reasons why. do it next time thanks" something like that is reasonable for someone to understand.

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 05:32 PM
the rules so far.

itasan
08-04-2009, 05:34 PM

That's an extremely bad idea which defeats the entire purpose of this forum.

The fact is people rep for dissagreeing all the time, and they are going to continue to do so, this subforum is no different in that regard. However, this place provides a very good opportunity to award some well-deserved rep for good posts. Nothing deserves rep so much as a well-crafted and intelligent post in defense of a subject the writer feels strongly about.

And on the original subject of this message...

This is a very good idea, and there was strong reason for its creation. The fact is, Chidori (TBC) has been working to get this created for days. He created a series of topics and tested the concept of debate on this forum. These topics turned out wonderfully. People got actively involved and some really good comments were made. I know I was sincerely impressed by some of the stuff I saw, and I know I wholeheartedly took part. The forums were seriously livened up as suddenly people were applying themselves to topics they cared about.

This forum is something of Chidori's pet project, an idea for a place in this forum where intelligent, non-Naruto talk can run crazy, without being inhibited by pointless random conversations about cookies and cake. Because lets face it, there is more to life than Naruto, and people have some real-life concerns they really want to talk about. It's in no way right or fair that these topics, of such importance to the creator, be buried in a wave of meaninglessness. Yeah, such lighthearted topics are good and fun, but there is no reason there can't be a place for the heavier stuff too.

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
That's an extremely bad idea which defeats the entire purpose of this forum.

The fact is people rep for dissagreeing all the time, and they are going to continue to do so, this subforum is no different in that regard. However, this place provides a very good opportunity to award some well-deserved rep for good posts. Nothing deserves rep so much as a well-crafted and intelligent post in defense of a subject the writer feels strongly about.

And on the original subject of this message...

This is a very good idea, and there was strong reason for its creation. The fact is, Chidori (TBC) has been working to get this created for days. He created a series of topics and tested the concept of debate on this forum. These topics turned out wonderfully. People got actively involved and some really good comments were made. I know I was sincerely impressed by some of the stuff I saw, and I know I wholeheartedly took part. The forums were seriously livened up as suddenly people were applying themselves to topics they cared about.

This forum is something of Chidori's pet project, an idea for a place in this forum where intelligent, non-Naruto talk can run crazy, without being inhibited by pointless random conversations about cookies and cake. Because lets face it, there is more to life than Naruto, and people have some real-life concerns they really want to talk about. It's in no way right or fair that these topics, of such importance to the creator, be buried in a wave of meaninglessness. Yeah, such lighthearted topics are good and fun, but there is no reason there can't be a place for the heavier stuff too.

I see the point of this forum, i really do, the thing is i am worried that it will not work out the way it was planned specially because of the "kids" that frequent this site, not everyone has a mind that can actually say "well when you put it like that i guess i can see it" most people are like this "NO NO NO THATS DUMB! YOU ARE DUMB!" and i do not want that.

itasan
08-04-2009, 05:43 PM
I see the point of this forum, i really do, the thing is i am worried that it will not work out the way it was planned specially because of the "kids" that frequent this site, not everyone has a mind that can actually say "well when you put it like that i guess i can see it" most people are like this "NO NO NO THATS DUMB! YOU ARE DUMB!" and i do not want that.

The mods had the same worries. Which is why chidori made his topics. He was proving that debates can be held here, without too much violence.

Sage Mode
08-04-2009, 05:48 PM
The mods had the same worries. Which is why chidori made his topics. He was proving that debates can be held here, without too much violence.

Honestly, I wasn't convinced by Chidori's topics in the slightest. If every topic in here is going to be a repeat of "why I hate emo people" or something, this forum won't last very long.

This is kind of an experiment which I expect to fail. Not that I want it to fail. I know certain people are excited about it.

itasan
08-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Honestly, I wasn't convinced by Chidori's topics in the slightest. If every topic in here is going to be a repeat of "why I hate emo people" or something, this forum won't last very long.

This is kind of an experiment which I expect to fail. Not that I want it to fail. I know certain people are excited about it.

If it's so doomed to fail...Then explain the silence topic? It has existed a mere hour, yet already it has over 50 valid and interesting posts. They aren't all that long, sure. But they're still interesting and bring up some good points.

I honestly believe there is some serious hope for this. People sure seem interested enough.

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 06:05 PM
If it's so doomed to fail...Then explain the silence topic? It has existed a mere hour, yet already it has over 50 valid and interesting posts. They aren't all that long, sure. But they're still interesting and bring up some good points.

I honestly believe there is some serious hope for this. People sure seem interested enough.

You are making an assumption of whether this will work or not on an hour of one topic?

itasan
08-04-2009, 06:12 PM
You are making an assumption of whether this will work or not on an hour of one topic?

I am merely using that topic as a poster child for a hopeful future. It's a good and promising start.

itachiuchiha85
08-04-2009, 06:40 PM
I am merely using that topic as a poster child for a hopeful future. It's a good and promising start.

i am already seeing problems. :(

Blakexd9
08-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I have no idea

Toph
03-26-2010, 04:47 AM
I like having debates! Though I have to agree that some people are going ballistic.